Bohemia by Uusi - Kickstarter Successful

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Assassino13

Bohemia by Uusi - Kickstarter Successful

Unread post by Assassino13 »

Hey, I just heard about this deck and don't have much information on it apart from these pictures, but it looks cool!
Attachments
bohemia_preview_jokers.png
bohemia_preview_jokers.png (194.79 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
bohemia_preview_tuckbox.png
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
Russell

Re: New Deck! Bohemia by Uusi!

Unread post by Russell »

I am a big fan of the 'Blue Blood' deck, this is an instant buy for me.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

I think they look great! It looks like they even switched mediums from Colored Pencils (Blue Blood Deck) to Watercolors (Bohemia Deck). It's hard to tell exactly, but if they did then it's even more impressive.

thanks, Randy
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I love Uusi's style of art, so this is a definite buy for me. Sadly, I don't have the Blue Blood deck!
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

This is sweet. Blue Bloods is amongst my favorite of the KS decks. I will be looking forward
to the arrival of this one.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Anyone know where to get the Blue Blood deck besides ebay?
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Evan wrote:Anyone know where to get the Blue Blood deck besides ebay?

We have them on our website.

Thanks!
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

BMPokerworld wrote:

We have them on our website.

Thanks!
Cool, thanks bmpoker. I'll probably be ordered those soon!
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

I love the Blue Blood deck, I think its one of the most under-rated KS deck out there. They also conducted their KS campaign the right way, I got my decks really quickly with no problems. I think that box is awesome. Someone should contact Uusi and invite them to these boards.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

The jokers look awesome, kudos!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

They are sold out at Uusi site
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
laranovales

Unread post by laranovales »

I know a few fashion bloggers who would probably dig this deck. Since Boho is all the RAGE now-a-days in the fashion bloggosphere.

^-^

"why go through the world unnoticed?"
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by uusikissa »

Hey Everybody,

Just signed up - good to be here and so happy to see a positive response to our new deck Bohemia! To answer the question about the medium we (make that Linnea, she executed all the painting) used in making the artwork - it was painted in gouache, which is similar to water color but has more pigment, making it a bit more opaque and intense. All the fontwork/type in the deck and tuckbox has been hand lettered by myself in a style dated to mid 17th century central Europe ( an area also referred to as "Bohemia").
laranovales wrote:
I know a few fashion bloggers who would probably dig this deck. Since Boho is all the RAGE now-a-days in the fashion bloggosphere.

^-^

That would be awesome to get posted on one of those blogs, Linnea would love that!
http://uusi.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Welcome to the site!
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks Russell! Good to be here, and BTW... that was one heck of a KS project you had with Quicksilver! Mucho congrats!!!
Can't wait to get our decks...
http://uusi.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
laranovales

Yeah my good friend CHEYSE is a sucker for Boho EVERYTHING. I'm going to send her an email to see if she might be interested in having this item.
http://www.thewalkingrecessionista.com/ <---- Thats her site.
Although she doesn't care much for cards like we do but who knows. Maybe the Boho theme will make her want some. And if she gets them I'm pretty sure a handful of her fan base are going to follow suite.
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

laranovales wrote:

Yeah my good friend CHEYSE is a sucker for Boho EVERYTHING. I'm going to send her an email to see if she might be interested in having this item.
http://www.thewalkingrecessionista.com/ <---- Thats her site.
Although she doesn't care much for cards like we do but who knows. Maybe the Boho theme will make her want some. And if she gets them I'm pretty sure a handful of her fan base are going to follow suite.
Thanks Lara! Really cool of you to send it on to your friend

She might be more intrigued seeing the queens in the deck once they are exposed after the project launches...
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Welcome to UC! It's awesome to have to designers here!
When do you think these will be available? And will they be on Kickstarter?
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Evan wrote:Welcome to UC! It's awesome to have to designers here!
Thanks Evan, good to be here!
It is going to be a KS project and is going to launch Monday, October 1st.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

uusikissa wrote:
Evan wrote:Welcome to UC! It's awesome to have to designers here!
Thanks Evan, good to be here!
It is going to be a KS project and is going to launch Monday, October 1st.
Awesome. Thanks!
Did you design these by hand?
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Evan, read the first couple posts by Uusi! Haha
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yes, Linnea and I worked together to design the entire deck by hand. On this deck Linnea did all the painting (gouache, sort of like watercolor) and I did all the hand lettering of the type with pen and ink. All the design work and concepting we did together.

Availability of the deck will depend on how well the KS (and how fast) gets funded (if it does). USPCC is giving us an Oct. 5th deadline for having the cards printed in 2012. So... if our KS project does extremely well early on (very early on) we MIGHT be able to have the decks available before the end of the year - otherwise, if we get funded at a somewhat normal pace they will be available sometime in January.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

That's incredible! I absolutely love your artwork.
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thank you!
laranovales

I'm looking forward to the future reveals. I will contact her as soon as she gets back from her trip.

I just wants to say that designing this by hand is really awesome! Great work!

uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

laranovales wrote:I'm looking forward to the future reveals. I will contact her as soon as she gets back from her trip.

I just wants to say that designing this by hand is really awesome! Great work!

Thanks so much for the compliment Lara! And thanks for contacting your blogger friend too!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

You guys do great work and I'm looking forward to this one. I love seeing new ideas and you bring a lot of them. Well done indeed.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Encarded wrote:You guys do great work and I'm looking forward to this one. I love seeing new ideas and you bring a lot of them. Well done indeed.
Thanks Paul! I agree with what you said about seeing new ideas - it's great to be back on the boards and see all the new designs going on and also to see more handwork being incorporated into deck designs, speaking of which we are excited to see your new deck! is it out yet? (we have a tendency to be hermits when we are working on new designs).
uusikissa
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

uusikissa wrote:
Encarded wrote:You guys do great work and I'm looking forward to this one. I love seeing new ideas and you bring a lot of them. Well done indeed.
Thanks Paul! I agree with what you said about seeing new ideas - it's great to be back on the boards and see all the new designs going on and also to see more handwork being incorporated into deck designs, speaking of which we are excited to see your new deck! is it out yet? (we have a tendency to be hermits when we are working on new designs).
ok, just went over to your website and checked it out for myself - we are really looking forward to seeing the Aurum deck when its available!
Epic Mythos

Unread post by Epic Mythos »

I love Uusi, glad I got the Blue Bloods, beautiful artwork. These are a must buy for me as well.