Designer Playing Cards KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JuFiN
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Designer Playing Cards KS

Unread post by JuFiN »

A pretty cool deck I came across on kickstarter, its under the "design" category of kickstarter for some reason so I figured maybe some of your guys hadnt seen it!

I for one think it looks pretty awesome with the cards spread out. Pretty cheap as well, although the shipping doubled the cost for me... My one concern is the card/tuck quality. Thoughts?

Jack Napier

Re: Designer Playing Cards KS

Unread post by Jack Napier »

I'm in for these. I like decks like this. I got the last CYMK deck from the UK.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Jack Napier wrote:I'm in for these. I like decks like this. I got the last CYMK deck from the UK.
I love Hundred Million's CMYK deck, which makes it hard to get excited about another deck in the same vein, even though they go for the full color spectrum with this its a little less usable without identifyable suits beyond the pips, and Hundred Million's CMYK deck was printed through USPCC, where this is makeplayingcards.com who I do not like. An easy pass, but not for lack of appreciation for the deck.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Jack Napier

Unread post by Jack Napier »

Justin O. wrote:
Jack Napier wrote:I'm in for these. I like decks like this. I got the last CYMK deck from the UK.
I love Hundred Million's CMYK deck, which makes it hard to get excited about another deck in the same vein, even though they go for the full color spectrum with this its a little less usable without identifyable suits beyond the pips, and Hundred Million's CMYK deck was printed through USPCC, where this is makeplayingcards.com who I do not like. An easy pass, but not for lack of appreciation for the deck.
Good point. the Hundred Million CMYK deck was awesome! The jokers being printed test pages was great! And the back was awesomely designed. These a cheap enough for me to give them a go. I'm a sucker for these and typography decks.
NCarter
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 13

Unread post by NCarter »

Essentially your paying for a pantone colour swatch? ...seems a bit of a goofy project if I'm honest, the cards are completely impracticable to use in games, whole project lacks any effort and after a while of looking at all those colours I could see a headache coming on quickly.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but I just don't get it. :?
achievecr

Designer Playing Cards + CMYK Trumps

Unread post by achievecr »

Hey everyone. Sorry this is new to me and this is my first post. I'm hoping it's in the right forum!

I would love for you all to check out my latest deck of designer playing cards over on Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ac ... rumps-deck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would appreciate any feedback/advice etc, and if you could back even better!

Thanks,
James
Attachments
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Designer Playing Cards + CMYK Trumps

Unread post by JuFiN »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Merged topics.

Welcome to the forum, James!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
achievecr

Unread post by achievecr »

Thanks @MagikFingerz for merging these.

@NCarter thanks for your comment. Pantone swatch books can be expensive, so for £5 not a bad deal. Although these are CMYK colours so not quite the same. The aim of the deck is to look pretty in the hands, maybe they are more aesthetically please than practical. But hopefully I have found some balance here. From A-K I have tried keeping the colours close so you can identify suits easier, whilst allowing the suits to link onto the next in the colour spectrum. I get that these aren't for everyone :)

@Justin O. thanks Justin. Make Playing Cards offered me an affordable option, and the deck I received I was very happy with quality wise. I'll have to give USPCC a consider with my next deck.

@Jack Napier thanks for backing!

@JuFiN thank you for posting this up :)

James
(Creator of Designer Playing Cards + CMYK Trumps)