Dust Playing Cards of Life - Live on IndieGoGoGoGoGo...

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Dust Playing Cards of Life - Live on IndieGoGoGoGoGo...

Unread post by ecNate »

It's rare a deck from IndieGoGo should deserve a mention and even rarer that one succeeds. This one doesn't pass the test for me, but if you like minimalist decks, don't care about printer (non mentioned) and willing to pay a slightly premium price...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dust ... ds-of-life

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Dust Playing Cards of Life - Live on IndieGoGoGoGoGo...

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

The faces are actually pretty decent for a minimalist deck IMO, but that one-way back just kills it. But I stay away from IndieGoGo anyway, and $15 is way too much for a non-USPCC/EPCC deck.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

MagikFingerz wrote:The faces are actually pretty decent for a minimalist deck IMO, but that one-way back just kills it. But I stay away from IndieGoGo anyway, and $15 is way too much for a non-USPCC/EPCC deck.
I might have missed what's wrong with IndieGoGo. Is there a possibility to fund a project on kickstarter if you live in a country from which kickstarter doesn't accept creators?
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

I don't get the theme and the back. The Kings are all the same except for the slight change on hilt. He should have made them a bit more distinguishable from each other like he did with the Jacks and Queens.
Mirror wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:The faces are actually pretty decent for a minimalist deck IMO, but that one-way back just kills it. But I stay away from IndieGoGo anyway, and $15 is way too much for a non-USPCC/EPCC deck.
I might have missed what's wrong with IndieGoGo. Is there a possibility to fund a project on kickstarter if you live in a country from which kickstarter doesn't accept creators?
I believe you can look for someone who has a bank account in the accepted countries.
Verloren

Unread post by Verloren »

Mirror wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the case with all IGG projects, but projects can be set so the creator keeps the money even if the funding goal isn't passed.

Add-on processing is a lot more difficult for backers on IGG, as it requires more perks to be selected. It isn't possible to custom design a perk backer. Looking at KS, a lump sum can be added to a pledge, then the creator can be notified of what add ons the lump sum is for. On IGG, each add-on needs to be invoiced separately unless the creator sets up a perk stating various price points.

[EDIT] Just checked the project page - this one falls under that category. "This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal".
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Verloren wrote:
[EDIT] Just checked the project page - this one falls under that category. "This campaign will receive all funds raised even if it does not reach its goal".
That's why I call it IndieNoNo.