Hey!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
BenMorrisRains

Hey!

Unread post by BenMorrisRains »

Hey everyone:

My name is Ben Morris-Rains, I am a musician, designer, magician, card collector, entrepreneur, creator, and go getter.

I am in a metal/hardcore band called Hit The Ground Running. We have toured coast to coast in the United States, and are one of the bigger unsigned bands in our genre locally. Check us out if you are into the genre: Http://www.facebook.com/htgrofficial

I love to create magic effects, mainly with cards. I have released effects years ago. Mainly my ungimmicked version of misled called "Puncture". It was in pdf and dvd form and is probably floating around a torrent site somewhere.

I also wrote Geoff Webers card through window called "Poor Man's Card Through Window," which did pretty damn well.

I have a degree in Pschology and a minor in Sociology.

I lost my job a few months ago so I have been busy designing.

I am currently designing a deck of cards called "Low Reef" playing cards. The name is an anagram. The deck contains symbolism throughout. I am extremely excited about it and it will be on Kickstarter soonish. It is my first attempt at a deck and it is turning out really awesome.

Anyways I've been reading for a while thought I might as well make an account.

Thanks,
Ben
BLUE SEAL PLAYING CARDS, Bikes, Tally's get on i! http://www.modernconjurer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eoghann
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Hey!

Unread post by Eoghann »

Hi and welcome!

Would love to check out the deck design you're working on! Specially now that you've mentioned a lot of symbolism. I like that kind of stuff. Glad to have you on board!
BenMorrisRains

Unread post by BenMorrisRains »

I will post what I have so far!
BLUE SEAL PLAYING CARDS, Bikes, Tally's get on i! http://www.modernconjurer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Welcome! I'll have to check out your deck in that other thread soon, good luck!

I'm a metal fan, but prefer mine with doses of screams/growls or at least a mix of clean vocals with the screams. Stuff like dEmotional, Sonic Syndicate, Killswitch Engage, etc. Although your band isn't exactly my style I can tell its a solid effort and good tracks anyhow. Some good guitar work in a few tracks I listened to, not sure if you or the other guy, but nice work!