Mauger Quadruplicate Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Mauger Quadruplicate Playing Cards

Unread post by chach »

From the guys that brought the Triplicate Restoration cards a few months back that should start shipping this week, another restoration project. They look real nice IMO, unfortunately I didn't catch one of the 5 insane early birds that featured all five decks for $50. Great deal, and somehow those were the first five to go.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (129.29 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (101.8 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg (132.64 KiB) Viewed 2136 times
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
chach

Re: Mauger Quadruplicate Playing Cards

Unread post by chach »

More pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (131.86 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.19 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Thanks Chach Was at the dentist for along session. This is one of the rare time I did not get the EB for the 5 decks. What a calamity :ugdance: :ugdance:
chach

Unread post by chach »

badpete69 wrote:Thanks Chach Was at the dentist for along session. This is one of the rare time I did not get the EB for the 5 decks. What a calamity :ugdance: :ugdance:
They all went within 30 secs. I logged in at 1, there were no backers confirmed at all. Scrolled through offerings, saw the early 5 for 50 and clicke do not and there were already 3 taken. Went through to Amazon and it said all gone. Went back to project page and there were only those 5 backers. Not calling shenanigans, but it is enough to raise an eyebrow.

So I paid $30 some odd more and got the same 5 deck pledge. :oops:
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

chach wrote:

Same here. Plus one USPCC and one Mauger unlimited add ons.

I like it. Five decks is a lot, but I'm in. Does anybody know which is the "outside printer" used for the Mauger Replica decks?
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Ooohhh, Gilded edges...
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Just for kicks, I decided to see what exactly is the difference between Standard Poker size and "way back then" size.

Green is standard, orange is 90mm x 62mm. Put a card up to it. It's insanely negligible and makes me wonder if it's even worth boasting "original size". :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
SuicideKing

Eoghann wrote:Just for kicks, I decided to see what exactly is the difference between Standard Poker size and "way back then" size.

Green is standard, orange is 90mm x 62mm. Put a card up to it. It's insanely negligible and makes me wonder if it's even worth boasting "original size". :lol:

Thanks!
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Sher wrote:Ooohhh, Gilded edges...

Yeah, that was tempting. I really prefer the standard tuck and paying $8 more just for gilded (or getting a multi-pack)...just couldn't do it. I wish the higher end tiers had better tuck art.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

chach wrote:
badpete69 wrote:Thanks Chach Was at the dentist for along session. This is one of the rare time I did not get the EB for the 5 decks. What a calamity :ugdance: :ugdance:
They all went within 30 secs. I logged in at 1, there were no backers confirmed at all. Scrolled through offerings, saw the early 5 for 50 and clicke do not and there were already 3 taken. Went through to Amazon and it said all gone. Went back to project page and there were only those 5 backers. Not calling shenanigans, but it is enough to raise an eyebrow.

Yep, I paid out the ass for that cloth tuck, too.
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Only 155 of the Maugers original are currently available... Looks like the 345 left will be trickled in
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Why isn't there a "USPCC standard" for the red deck? If I just want 1 of each of the non-limited ones I end up with 2 boxes that doesn't match. Not to sound like Conspiracy Keanu, but it seems a bit like they made it "unsymmetrical" to make people want more than 1 or 2 decks. There's 2 back designs, so most people will want one of each. But that leaves them with my original observation, so they'll want to get the limited blue to match the unlimited red. And then they'll want the limited red as well to have 2 sets.

Of course, it might just be a coincidence. But even if it is, I think it plays to a collector's mind quite cleverly.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Hmm the indices are awfully close to the edge, I wonder how many cut off indices we are going to see..
Coastal Pete

Re: Mauger Quadruplicate Playing Cards (wap)

Unread post by Coastal Pete »

@SuicideKing - "Does anybody know which is the "outside printer" used for the Mauger Replica decks?"

They will be using the same outside printer they've used on Press Start Pocket and Ultimate Soldier. I have both decks and was well satisfied with the quality of the cards printed.
SuicideKing

Re: Mauger Quadruplicate Playing Cards (wap)

Coastal Pete wrote:@SuicideKing - "Does anybody know which is the "outside printer" used for the Mauger Replica decks?"

They will be using the same outside printer they've used on Press Start Pocket and Ultimate Soldier. I have both decks and was well satisfied with the quality of the cards printed.

Thanks!
ozfan30

Unread post by ozfan30 »

I managed to get one of the 5 early bird, all 5 decks for 50 deal. First time I have been lucky enough to get one of these crazy deals. I am not surprised they were the first ones to go, especially since the people who knew about the start time were his backers from Triplicate, so there was definitely enough people trying to get on at the time it started.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

What??? Five decks this time?? Why not put out another limited edition but this time produced by LPCC (which seems to be the rule this days)..

Anyway... Will not support this guy anymore, after his last campaign (Triplicate No.18), in which he was offering a limited edition through rewards (not add-on) in limited tiers, and out of the blue a few hours before the end of the campaign e just decided to put these limited edition on sale and without limit!!! Not need to mention that a lot of people missed this sale (including me)... So I ended up paying $121 to get 3 limited and 3 standard (had to choose this tier as I wanted 3 limited), when I could had spent only $66 (3x limited sale) + $18 (one standard deck tier) = $84, I could had save $34...

And also after the campaign was over he decided to change the seal on the decks, without even warn the backers.

So be aware of these limited editions, just wait and maybe by the end of the campaign you can get them at a lower price and without limit!!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I really like these! Nice throwback. I'm only in for a USPCC Standard though.. the rest are nice but seem superfoulus to me. For the price anyway.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

vasta41 wrote:I really like these! Nice throwback. I'm only in for a USPCC Standard though.. the rest are nice but seem superfoulus to me. For the price anyway.
:lol: If anything, I find the USPCC ones to be superflous. His goal is afterall a revival of a vintage deck. So the replica makes sense. The limited editions seem tacked on.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Pretty sure they didnt have these decks in limited editions back in the day :lol: :lol:
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Ahh the good old days when people used cards for playing. :lol:
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Eoghann wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I really like these! Nice throwback. I'm only in for a USPCC Standard though.. the rest are nice but seem superfoulus to me. For the price anyway.
:lol: If anything, I find the USPCC ones to be superflous. His goal is afterall a revival of a vintage deck. So the replica makes sense. The limited editions seem tacked on.
You're right. But the replica decks are... I don't know. Overwhelming. The whole campaign seems overwhelming. I just with the Standard deck had gilded edges- I like those in throwbacks.
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

I found the whole campaign just too confusing and decided not to pledge for now. May change in the future.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Overwhelming is an understatement. And two LE's in one campaign. Yeesh. Well three with the paper wrapped one.

Ideally the replica and paper wrapped one should've been one and the same.

You'd think the replicas would be front and center but selling the USPCC one takes priority apparently. USPCC focused tiers are 7, whereas replica centric tiers are 4. Then the everything tiers.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Eoghann wrote:Overwhelming is an understatement. And two LE's in one campaign. Yeesh. Well three with the paper wrapped one.
Well, at least he didn't call the paper wrapped one "Ultra Limited" :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

sms69x wrote:Will not support this guy anymore, after his last campaign (Triplicate No.18), in which he was offering a limited edition through rewards (not add-on) in limited tiers, and out of the blue a few hours before the end of the campaign e just decided to put these limited edition on sale and without limit!!! Not need to mention that a lot of people missed this sale (including me)... So I ended up paying $121 to get 3 limited and 3 standard (had to choose this tier as I wanted 3 limited), when I could had spent only $66 (3x limited sale) + $18 (one standard deck tier) = $84, I could had save $34...

And also after the campaign was over he decided to change the seal on the decks, without even warn the backers.

So be aware of these limited editions, just wait and maybe by the end of the campaign you can get them at a lower price and without limit!!
I have to agree with this. I think this guy started with the honest intention of reproducing vintage decks, but found out the money was in the "limited" editions, so he ran amok with the limiteds in the last campaign with a blatant cash grab at the end. This campaign is just confusing with all the different decks. It looks like there's 2 core decks with 3 "limiteds", so it looks like more of the same from the last time.
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

sms69x wrote:What??? Five decks this time?? Why not put out another limited edition but this time produced by LPCC (which seems to be the rule this days)..

Anyway... Will not support this guy anymore, after his last campaign (Triplicate No.18), in which he was offering a limited edition through rewards (not add-on) in limited tiers, and out of the blue a few hours before the end of the campaign e just decided to put these limited edition on sale and without limit!!! Not need to mention that a lot of people missed this sale (including me)... So I ended up paying $121 to get 3 limited and 3 standard (had to choose this tier as I wanted 3 limited), when I could had spent only $66 (3x limited sale) + $18 (one standard deck tier) = $84, I could had save $34...

Also be well aware that he has still not fulfilled the triplicate deck rewards yet.
Home Run Games has 3 accounts
they haven't fulfilled The Hawaiian deck yet on one
and haven't fulfilled the superhero deck yet on the other
and are having some issues with fulfillment on their 8bit playing cards 2nd campaign

They did fulfill their original 8bit playing cards and they looked nice

But this is just a heads up that the company may be getting ahead of itself and you may not see these cards for a while
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

sinjin7 wrote:
sms69x wrote:Will not support this guy anymore, after his last campaign (Triplicate No.18), in which he was offering a limited edition through rewards (not add-on) in limited tiers, and out of the blue a few hours before the end of the campaign e just decided to put these limited edition on sale and without limit!!! Not need to mention that a lot of people missed this sale (including me)... So I ended up paying $121 to get 3 limited and 3 standard (had to choose this tier as I wanted 3 limited), when I could had spent only $66 (3x limited sale) + $18 (one standard deck tier) = $84, I could had save $34...

I have to agree with this. I think this guy started with the honest intention of reproducing vintage decks, but found out the money was in the "limited" editions, so he ran amok with the limiteds in the last campaign with a blatant cash grab at the end. This campaign is just confusing with all the different decks. It looks like there's 2 core decks with 3 "limiteds", so it looks like more of the same from the last time.
After reading this it makes me happy I only pledged for the standard :)
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

I'm working up a "I got mugged by Mauger" bumper sticker. Any takers?
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Just a friendly reminder The Mauger campaign is wrapping up soon. Final 24 hours should be starting up pretty soon. Michael did a great job with his Triplicate restorations imho. I expect the Maugers will be amazing as well. Can't wait to get these on the poker table. :D
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.