Voyager Playing cards (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Voyager Playing cards (KS)

Unread post by badpete69 »

rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Re: Voyager Playing cards (KS)

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

Haven't these been around before? They look familiar.
Barclay Mountains Co.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Yes RJ If you read his description, he is issuing 2 new decks based on the first one

After the success of last years original release of the Melies, we have decided to re invent them as the Melies Voyagers. Doing this by re-printing the original space blue color way, along with a new color way were calling aurora red. This color way will be released in a limited edition run of only 1111, with each deck being individually numbered on the seal which makes this deck very unique and will be sure to become a collectors item.

Setting the new industry standard with their Legends #852 deck, Legends Playing Card Company can accomplish many things the United States Playing Card Company cannot; such as ultra-precise printing registration, extreme durability, and the glass-like edges of their signature "Diamond Cut" process. To consistently produce cards of superior quality, LPCC works with highly skilled printers that are willing to re-learn the ropes and expirement with completely new printing advances. Although we see no end to our relationship with the USPC we are excited to work with Lawrence Sullivan, the head of LPCC, with the printing of Voyagers.

Since we are using the LPCC to print the Voyagers, we can print a limited run of 1,111 decks with numbered seals. Of those, only 900 decks of Aurora Red Voyagers will be available on Kickstarter. 100 decks will go into our private reserve, and 111 will be sold through http://www.LegendsPlayingCards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This deck is extremely exclusive, and if there are any decks available after the kickstarter, they will only be available on the Pure Imagination Projects website. Backing this Kickstarter is the only way to guarantee an Aurora Red deck of Voyagers!
Diamond Back
Decks Owned: 1

Unread post by Diamond Back »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote:Haven't these been around before? They look familiar.
Yeah. This is a reprinting of the deck plus a new red color deck.
Looks like it has a new tuck box also.

Here's the old one so you can compare if you wish:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/65 ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Magic_Orthodoxy
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

he's been teasing these reprints on instagram for a few weeks, I didn't grab it the first time around, love the simple tuck, and the nod to the Bike design - so I am in for a pair
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Yeah, I pledged for the first campaign, back when it was first advertised that it was going to have custom courts.

They went through their entire funding period without showing more than a single rough sketch of one court (IIRC), so I pulled out just before the deadline.
Eventually they decided they couldn't be bothered to do custom courts, and went standard except for the jokers & AOS, as you see above.

First one was a little too boring for me... guess i'll pass on the recolors as well... even if they are going to be OMG "extremely exlcusive"!!! :roll:
Keep it Sizzlin'!
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

th4mo wrote:Yeah, I pledged for the first campaign, back when it was first advertised that it was going to have custom courts.

They went through their entire funding period without showing more than a single rough sketch of one court (IIRC), so I pulled out just before the deadline.
Eventually they decided they couldn't be bothered to do custom courts, and went standard except for the jokers & AOS, as you see above.

First one was a little too boring for me... guess i'll pass on the recolors as well... even if they are going to be OMG "extremely exlcusive"!!! :roll:

This was almost exactly what happened to me, except I was outside rather than in.

Not to mention the colours don't work quite as well as the first edition
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

I don't think the repackaging is astounding by a long shot, but I love the original, brickworhty to me, and so I am jumping in here for a mixed six-pack.
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

Also, I know they are using LPCC instead of USPCC, and i am definitely NOT up to speed on the subtleties of pricing.

Is $7000 a reasonable goal for two decks from LPCC? Are there no minimums at all through LPCC?
Keep it Sizzlin'!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

th4mo wrote:Also, I know they are using LPCC instead of USPCC, and i am definitely NOT up to speed on the subtleties of pricing.

Is $7000 a reasonable goal for two decks from LPCC? Are there no minimums at all through LPCC?
For a total of only 1800 decks? Of course - very reasonable! That's another thing about Expert and Legends - they can give you the exact number you want, instead of always forcing the project to accept a 10% overage (or underprint). To get 1111 decks with USPCC, you have to print 1222 and accept 1344 of them, kind of messes up the numbers when you end up printing (and selling) when you get roughly 25% more than you wanted or said you were going to make.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Looks like he's clipping along pretty well, about halfway there with a ton of time on the clock.
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

I didn't get the first edition which I regret now. I think I'm going to go for 3 red and 3 blue.
WillHart CthulhuWho1
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by WillHart CthulhuWho1 »

While I love the design of card backs and tuck cases, I'm equally interested in the card faces; because I buy decks based upon the entire package.

That is why I just sent the following message off on Kickstarter to the creator of these cards:

"Hey Derek,

Would you please show the faces of your aces and court cards, and the faces of a few of your numbered cards too?

I no longer pledge for any decks that don't show what I'm buying; and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California"
Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Most of my collection:
http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/277/images
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

WillHart CthulhuWho1 wrote:While I love the design of card backs and tuck cases, I'm equally interested in the card faces; because I buy decks based upon the entire package.

That is why I just sent the following message off on Kickstarter to the creator of these cards:

"Hey Derek,

Would you please show the faces of your aces and court cards, and the faces of a few of your numbered cards too?

I no longer pledge for any decks that don't show what I'm buying; and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California"
I'm pretty sure the faces are going to be the same as the 1st edition. Custom Ace of Spades and Jokers, standard everything else. Not that I mind though, I like standard faces more than fancy, over the top faces, though I know I'm in a minority here. I'm a minimalist type of person but that's just my taste. Not 100% sure that that's what this deck is going to have but I assume they'll stick to what they had in the 1st edition.
orangeyman8

Unread post by orangeyman8 »

Magic_Orthodoxy wrote:he's been teasing these reprints on instagram for a few weeks, I didn't grab it the first time around, love the simple tuck, and the nod to the Bike design - so I am in for a pair
I feel the same :¬D I especially like how they are not being printed by Bicycle but by the EPCC :¬D I have a distaste for the way Bicycles feel for some reason . . . I feel like they are soggy. I also have an attraction to the Red, I don't love that shade of blue . . .

Looks like a great deck :¬D

-Orangeyman8
I am Adam Oppenheimer