NOC V3

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vjose32

NOC V3

Unread post by vjose32 »

Got an email from Blue Crown and yes it's happening! More NOC, same 5 colors. No idea how this isn't going to be any different than the previous versions. Oh I know, they are doing the same as the Black NOC, V1 courts, V2 backs, anything for a buck eh?
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: NOC V3

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

It's not like they're hyping them up or anything. As long as they have a staple deck with a simple design, why not upgrade them slightly with every print run?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

MagikFingerz wrote:It's not like they're hyping them up or anything. As long as they have a staple deck with a simple design, why not upgrade them slightly with every print run?
Maybe because that is ALL they do, they never come up with anything new and original like everyone else. Just more Crown and NOC variations.

And as per their email it's basically like oh we're sold out, so we got a new version coming out. Why not just print more V2s or order larger print runs so they last longer.
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

Becouse they can squeeze more money that way from customers. The mind of customer is "ah look new shiny version so that means better. I will buy it."
Take a look at Graphic processing units or GPU (video cards) simply they rebrand cheap models and put them in new boxes etc. GeForce 440 --> Geforce 640 with new box and people think is new better model and sales go up.
JokerzGamez

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

TBH, I'll be happy if they just keep what they had for the V2s and upgrade the stock and finish. However, I feel intrigued to see how they can change the design for the better. I'd quite like to see different colour schemes for each of the 5 colours.
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

JokerzGamez wrote:TBH, I'll be happy if they just keep what they had for the V2s and upgrade the stock and finish. However, I feel intrigued to see how they can change the design for the better. I'd quite like to see different colour schemes for each of the 5 colours.
I say be prepared to be under-whelmed. But nothing wrong w this deck, its just their staple deck.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

I honestly don't see what the problem is. They're not hyping them up, they're simply making tweaks to the decks to improve them. I sometimes feel these guys can't win to be honest.

If they just printed more and made some changes there would be people annoyed they didn't know about the changes because it wasn't advertised. By calling it v3 then at least people know.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
volantangel

JPMiddleton wrote:I honestly don't see what the problem is. They're not hyping them up, they're simply making tweaks to the decks to improve them. I sometimes feel these guys can't win to be honest.

If they just printed more and made some changes there would be people annoyed they didn't know about the changes because it wasn't advertised. By calling it v3 then at least people know.
Yup exactly what I was saying, don't expect the spectacular :ugthink:
Magic_Orthodoxy
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Blue Crown releases "new" from time to time - but there is a lot to be said with having a quality product and continuing to release it. They want to make cards for magicians and so a lot of magis need their "staple deck" month after month; and NOC is a magic deck.

This should be what "E" does with Artifice. They seem to be making this their staple deck and have released magic effects with it - if a lot of magis begin to rely on Artifice for their routines, "E" should keep it in their run.
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Seriously? I got the message and just expected it to be a non-event. It's looking more and more like they are going to milk that thing until their udders fall off. ;^)
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
JokerzGamez

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

We shouldn't even be expecting super custom or collectible decks from TBC. If Alex Pandrea was going to cough up a considerably custom deck every few months, there wouldn't even be a need for HOPC. That's why I've mostly given up on TBC and have crossed fingers that the next HOPC deck will be Verve standard at least.
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Magic_Orthodoxy wrote:Blue Crown releases "new" from time to time - but there is a lot to be said with having a quality product and continuing to release it. They want to make cards for magicians and so a lot of magis need their "staple deck" month after month; and NOC is a magic deck.

This should be what "E" does with Artifice. They seem to be making this their staple deck and have released magic effects with it - if a lot of magis begin to rely on Artifice for their routines, "E" should keep it in their run.
I agree with this, but if the product is popular there is no reason to continue releasing new versions just to squeeze more money from the customers. You don't see Ellusionist releasing new versions of each Artifice color every year. Sure they release new colors or versions, but not more of the same colors which little or no difference.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Seriously? I got the message and just expected it to be a non-event. It's looking more and more like they are going to milk that thing until their udders fall off. ;^)
This to me is like a manufacturer updating their flavored water with a slogan such as "Now more lemon taste!" or "New twist-off cap!" Neither of which are going to get a raise out of me, much less load up my shopping cart with the stuff. I like the simplicity of these cards but if you've seen one deck you've seen them all.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Hey Everyone,

I don't get very involved with any HOPC / TBC Decks I haven't done any design with - like the NOCs. But I do know there is a very logical and sensible reason these NOCs are considered a V3. I'll just say it has a lot to do with USPCC's ever increasing prices.

Thanks, Randy
Don Boyer

Unread post by Don Boyer »

RandyButterfield wrote:Hey Everyone,

I don't get very involved with any HOPC / TBC Decks I haven't done any design with - like the NOCs. But I do know there is a very logical and sensible reason these NOCs are considered a V3. I'll just say it has a lot to do with USPCC's ever increasing prices.

Thanks, Randy

You're gonna drop a knowledge bomb like that and not tell the whole story? WTH! :drool:
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Back on topic - if they cost much more to make (and the new features did too perhaps??) then it makes sense, as otherwise it's going to simply look like a price hike.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I have the v.1 decks, but never got the v.2 decks because I got fed up with BC, so I don't know all the differences between the first two versions. Just from what I'm reading, it seems there are a few minor changes made to the v.3: it seems like the court cards have a different color scheme that reflects the five basic colors the NOCs come in, plus the borders may have been thinned out a bit along with the marking system in the corners. Personally, I don't find the marketing of the NOCs or its many versions nearly as obnoxious as some other decks like the S&Ms, Monarchs, or Artifices.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Boyer wrote:
RandyButterfield wrote:Hey Everyone,

Thanks, Randy

You're gonna drop a knowledge bomb like that and not tell the whole story? WTH! :drool:
Seriously, Randy. I agree with Don. We know Alex had what is now Requiem, Clipped Wings, soon to be Heretic (under a different name) and other really good - no great decks in his pocket and let them walk. I guess being an employee it's not wise for you to say, not my place either. I do know Lorenzo explained exactly what happened but that's not for me to say either.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Now I get it, it's going to be an extremely limited version from EPCC, not that hard to figure out.

How much it could possibly cost to print decks like that anyway? lol
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

vjose32 wrote:Now I get it, it's going to be an extremely limited version from EPCC, not that hard to figure out.

How much it could possibly cost to print decks like that anyway? lol
I doubt they'll be "extremely limited", that would just be silly. But being printed by EPCC sounds very plausible.
- Tom

Check out my collection

volantangel

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/s526x395/10308803_10154004222870167_2096110085428792746_n.jpg

Hey ! Side-open tucks ! M.E.H whats the point.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Well that was a majorly failed release! Did anyone manage to pick up any NOC before the site went down?
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Victor

The cards are not released yet so I am not sure what you are talking about. They sent an email yesterday that they would announce the release date soon. And the site works great
volantangel

badpete69 wrote:Victor

The cards are not released yet so I am not sure what you are talking about. They sent an email yesterday that they would announce the release date soon. And the site works great
Nope the NOCs were "released" yesterday, a system malfunction/overload caused the site to not work, blotching the release hence the re-release date.
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

That is weird They sent me an email saying the NOC 3 would be released later hehehe Were they released on Blue crown?

EDIT I guess it shows how I do not even read their emails. Just read the headline but just now I am seeing what they are saying

It's been an interesting evening - our apologies for the difficulties! A LOT of you guys were visiting the site tonight for the NOC decks!

We're working on getting the site issues all corrected so that everyone can have a smooth and wonderful purchasing experience. In the meantime, we've removed the NOC page from the site.

We will announce a new re-launch date and time for everyone soon!

Thanks for your support, and please keep an eye out in the next day or 2 for the new release date and time.

EDIT no2: So why are people rushing to buy NOC cards anyway? Unless it took 5 people to crash their site ?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote: EDIT no2: So why are people rushing to buy NOC cards anyway? Unless it took 5 people to crash their site ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: They must be using E's old servers.
volantangel

badpete69 wrote:EDIT no2: So why are people rushing to buy NOC cards anyway? Unless it took 5 people to crash their site ?
Oh trust me i was wondering the same.. :lol: :lol:
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

I'm completely blown away by how a simple, cheap looking deck with absolutely no design, just simple black or red etc. but with good adversting and marketing stuff can shine so bright that almost force people to have one.
"The deck has a striking back with a solid bar of color and a thin white border" oh my goodness, how wonderfull it sounds.
"This puts the emphasis on the work you do with the cards, not on the cards themselves" Really? Cards would be seen from faar away cuz of the colour (red/ yellow will pop up imediately) . Anyway i will be so much embarassed if someone see me with such a deck...
"and applying the NOC design to a thin yet stiff card stock with a Master finish to ensure exceptional handling for magic tricks and flourishes, as well as incredible durability to withstand even the roughest night with your poker buddies. " o-m-g... soo much sweet words making this deck worth 100$ !!!!!!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll just say this to any collectors who knows they SHOULD be careful with how they spend their money, in the most respectful way as I can:

If you're rushing to get the NOC V3's - the THIRD version of a SOLID SINGLE COLOR deck - you might want to reassess your collecting priorities. Those who can afford it, get what you want and you'll never be disappointed. But if you're on a budget, you owe it to yourself to make sure you only buy decks that you really want and that are worthy additions to your collection. I get wanting to have them all, we've all been there (in the gaming world it's known as the "Pokemon Syndrome" :lol: ). But it's very likely that at some point money will get tight and you'll look at your collection and think "did I really want/need all of these?". I know I did, and particularly for internationals it's not that easy to just sell them and get your money back.

Just some food for thought.
- Tom

Check out my collection

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now, Tom... I've still got a brick or two of Black NOCs if anyone is short. (just kidding, I punted them all away but about 3)
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<