Sherlock Holmes - Moriarty Edition Reprint - Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Sherlock Holmes - Moriarty Edition Reprint - Playing Cards

Unread post by badpete69 »

sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Sherlock Holmes - Moriarty Edition Reprint - Playing Car

Unread post by sms69x »

The box on this one is even prettier!!!

http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/KS/SH/Reprint/MEVersions.jpg
badpete69

Yeah it won't let me post it because it is too big I will reformat it real quick and re post it
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

badpete69 wrote:Yeah it won't let me post it because it is too big I will reformat it real quick and re post it
Just posted it!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So I'm a little confused here.. I tried to read up on all that went on with the V1 mistake but now I think I read it wrong. Here's what I thought: if you pledged for the Moriarty deck, you had a choice to either keep the "errored" deck or request a refund.
So is/was there a third option to wait for a corrected version to be reprinted? And if so, is this king/jack pip mistake yet another error and that's why it's not only being reprinted but now being re-reprinted (hence V2)? Or am I way off on another planet? I hope someone much smarter than me can help makes sense of this for me.
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

This was an error that was on the first edition, but it even passed by when Jackson pointed out the errors they found!
V1 Errors:
Error #1 The font for the Ace of Spades is the font used in the Holmes Edition Deck. The Ace of Clubs on the left has the correct font.

Error #2 The Jack of Clubs Character should have the name "Moran" on the Banner instead of "Moriarty".

Error #3 The Queen of Spades should have the name "Hudson" on the Banner instead of "Morstan".
http://www.jacksonbrobinson.com/KS/SH/MoriartyErrors.jpg

Error #4 On the King of Clubs and Hearts there is a "K" in one corner and a "J" in the other.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/882/478/1f7f6e47a344a39fe8ae9ea5f4958fa2_large.jpg?1397579142

So I believe that Jackson is making a reprint mostly because of this last issue!

And there is only V1 (Moriarty Error edition) and V2 (Reprint edition)
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

vasta41 wrote:So I'm a little confused here.. I tried to read up on all that went on with the V1 mistake but now I think I read it wrong. Here's what I thought: if you pledged for the Moriarty deck, you had a choice to either keep the "errored" deck or request a refund.
So is/was there a third option to wait for a corrected version to be reprinted? And if so, is this king/jack pip mistake yet another error and that's why it's not only being reprinted but now being re-reprinted (hence V2)? Or am I way off on another planet? I hope someone much smarter than me can help makes sense of this for me.
Ok option 1 & 2 stands, theres no third option, although there really should be. The errors are on the V1 deck, now its becoming unusable. Jackson should definitely do option 3 esp for international backers. It simply doesnt make financial sense to go for the reprint due to the shipping cost. This is not just bad news, this is terrible news, its a much more significant error than before.

Edit: Also i noticed the delivery date to be in july, is that achievable ? If so why not have it as an add on to the independence campaign.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

For me as a international backer its terrible news since i have to buy again the deck and pay huge shipping prices + customs since Jackson writes down the full value in the customs declaration on the parcel.

Why keeping the error deck? I wanted to have the whole set for my collection. In this case the error deck is part of the set for me.
In the end i have to pay again for a mistake i didnt made.
volantangel

cosmicsecret wrote:For me as a international backer its terrible news since i have to buy again the deck and pay huge shipping prices + customs since Jackson writes down the full value in the customs declaration on the parcel.

Why keeping the error deck? I wanted to have the whole set for my collection. In this case the error deck is part of the set for me.
In the end i have to pay again for a mistake i didnt made.
Sadly i feel the same way. I might not pledge for the new ones tho. I simply wont open the decks.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I'd also be interested in a special option for international backers. I bet most of us are going to make another pledge/order from Jackson anyway, so it being added on to that would be nice.

And +1 to the customs thing too.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
cosmicsecret

No matter how i turn the pages i have to pay on top of it.
If i get refunded on the Error Edition i still have to pay more for the corrected Version to get them shipped to me since shipping 2 decks is more expensive then 10 decks in one huge package.
Period.
Great that you non-international people really dont care about shipping and customs - but for us its a pain in the ass.
badpete69

For those that pledged for the Independence decks, i think (but not sure) that you would be able to combine this deck with the ind. decks for shipping. Jackson can confirm that going forward
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Darn. People are going to bitch no matter what. If you have the original deck, there are two replacements for the two cards so that the original decks are playable - IF you even open them at all. Of course, if you don't open them there is no reason to replace them either. For each deck of the reprint you have an original, you end up with two usable decks.

So, if you bought two originally, buy two of the reprints, and instead of two unusable decks, you now have four usable decks.

The reason why the decks are going to be available so soon is that they are already going to US PCC for printing.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Thanks for clearing this up for me! I agree that the options should have been deal with it, get a full refund or wait for the reprint. I think a whole nother KS campaign is beating around the bush. And not for nothing but this would mark the 3rd KS campaign since Kings Wild said they wouldn't be doing KS campaigns anymore...
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I'm glad you're back on our boards and appreciate your posts on new KS cards projects, but we need to get rid of this kind of attitude. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even those you don't agree with or want to read about. Some of us are in a position to be able to easily obtain whatever decks we want, but others aren't as fortunate. You're clearly not an international collector, so you're not going to deal with the costs, delays, and hassles international collectors must endure as often, so let's try not to be so flip and crass about these issues and exhibit a bit more class and understanding, especially as a mod.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Everybody give yourself a break and quit calling names. No matter what he did this was going to be unpopular for some people, and in every possible way except for those paying for international shipping it's the best possible thing he could do. We don't need the name-calling, that's for certain!
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

International shipping ALWAYS sucks no matter what. That is a fact I have become well accustomed to. I'm also good with people vocalizing their opinions. I put the shipping date at the same time as Independence for a reason. I'm working on a plan now that will allow all the INT backers who pledged for my Independence project to bypass that Initial $10 or so for that first deck and only pay the add on shipping price of $2 per deck. Then I will include the V2 Moriarty deck along with you Independence rewards.

I know it sucks to have to pay again and I'm sorry for that.
volantangel

JacksonRobinson wrote:International shipping ALWAYS sucks no matter what. That is a fact I have become well accustomed to. I'm also good with people vocalizing their opinions. I put the shipping date at the same time as Independence for a reason. I'm working on a plan now that will allow all the INT backers who pledged for my Independence project to bypass that Initial $10 or so for that first deck and only pay the add on shipping price of $2 per deck. Then I will include the V2 Moriarty deck along with you Independence rewards.

I know it sucks to have to pay again and I'm sorry for that.
If that works out, its changes alot.

badpete69 wrote:Hehehe it's like we should bow to the international community. And no I will not stop any comments while I see the entitled generation cry like friggin babies. Paul you have to move to finland or else you are a bad guy for producing decks. jackson pack up and go to Russia . How dare you practice your profession and make decks of cards. let's all live in a big community where everyone gets everything the same or else they cry until they get it. My 7 year old daughter is more mature than that. Ohh wait USPCC move your factories out of the US . How dare they make decks in the US

Seriously though this is pathetic. Jackson wants to fix a mistake that was made not by him but by the printing company and he gets crap for it. How sad.

Mike don't worry this is my last rant Adios
This a bloody disgrace. I wonder who is the one being immature now.

And no, this is a mistake by Jackson and his team, which is why he is trying to fix it. Uspcc prints whatever is sent to them, surely you can figure that out.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow Pierre, where did that come from?

Nobody gave Jackson crap or said they were entitled to anything. International shipping sucks, which is why we just wanted an arrangement that softened the blow. And Jackson seems to be happy to oblige, so where's the harm in that?
- Tom

Check out my collection

cosmicsecret

That would be a good solution Jackson!

Those replies by badpete makes no sense - just being a agressive. Maybe he is drunk or so...else i can´t explain such a behaviour.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

sinjin7 wrote:, so let's try not to be so flip and crass about these issues and exhibit a bit more class and understanding, especially as a mod.
This, x1000. We have how many mods plus an admin in this thread and this guy's attitude ain't being addressed? I'd hope that he's getting a nice talking to on the side cause this sounds like Mike hijacked badpete's account.

On topic, looks like Jackson is doing what he can to try and accommodate everyone, but why is USPCC unable to take the print run back and destroy it and reprinting w/o the errors? Is it because in the end the error was the responsibility of Kings Wild and they'd have to pay for any reprint?
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

chach wrote: On topic, looks like Jackson is doing what he can to try and accommodate everyone, but why is USPCC unable to take the print run back and destroy it and reprinting w/o the errors? Is it because in the end the error was the responsibility of Kings Wild and they'd have to pay for any reprint?
I'm sure they could do that, but Jackson has not opted for it. Would cost him A LOT of money and it would probably be an unpopular decision for a lot of people anyway since they'd have to wait for a long time. I think what he's done is fine, scrapping that many decks due to small printing errors would be a huge waste.
- Tom

Check out my collection

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

MagikFingerz wrote:
chach wrote: On topic, looks like Jackson is doing what he can to try and accommodate everyone, but why is USPCC unable to take the print run back and destroy it and reprinting w/o the errors? Is it because in the end the error was the responsibility of Kings Wild and they'd have to pay for any reprint?
I'm sure they could do that, but Jackson has not opted for it. Would cost him A LOT of money and it would probably be an unpopular decision for a lot of people anyway since they'd have to wait for a long time. I think what he's done is fine, scrapping that many decks due to small printing errors would be a huge waste.
I agree that Jackson is handling this situation pretty well. My only question is why another KS campain? I can't think of any off the top of my head but my gut tells me there might have been another option or two. Or maybe I'm just a little biased toward Kickstarter campaigns is in general..
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

It is 100% my fault and also 100% USPCC fault as well. Its my job to make sure the art is correct and I pay USPCC to make sure everything is correct before going to print. Scapping all of these decks would be a HUGE waste when most of the collectors will never even see the error. (this in no way makes the error ok) that is also why the V1 decks will be $10 on my website.
lolo

Unread post by lolo »

JacksonRobinson wrote:It is 100% my fault and also 100% USPCC fault as well. Its my job to make sure the art is correct and I pay USPCC to make sure everything is correct before going to print. Scapping all of these decks would be a HUGE waste when most of the collectors will never even see the error. (this in no way makes the error ok) that is also why the V1 decks will be $10 on my website.
In my humble opinion, this deck could be collector : "hey look : a Jackson Mistake !!!" ;-)
My collection
The French Touch with english grammatical errors copyrighted by myself
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

JacksonRobinson wrote:It is 100% my fault and also 100% USPCC fault as well. Its my job to make sure the art is correct and I pay USPCC to make sure everything is correct before going to print. Scapping all of these decks would be a HUGE waste when most of the collectors will never even see the error. (this in no way makes the error ok) that is also why the V1 decks will be $10 on my website.
I think that is not fair that you are offering this decks at $10 on your website. We (backers) have paid $12 during the campaign, so in my humble opinion you should price them at $12 at least.
But thats your business and you have show us that you know how to run it, so if you think thats fair, so probably it is!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Crap swept away including my own. Let's try to get along and quit generalizations. One thing for certain, one size never fits all! Reasons are one thing but I don't want excuses, my own as well. Sorry I'm having to be so heavy-handed.

As noted, Jackson is trying to get them reprinted quickly enough to ship with the Independence decks for those who back both. There IS no winner here, folks!

Unlike everyone else, he's up front and still catching hell.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

sms69x wrote:
I think that is not fair that you are offering this decks at $10 on your website. We (backers) have paid $12 during the campaign, so in my humble opinion you should price them at $12 at least.
But thats your business and you have show us that you know how to run it, so if you think thats fair, so probably it is!
No worries. Shipping isn't free unlike it is on Kickstarter. They may be priced at $10 but shipping for one deck on my site starts at $6 cuz i go overboard with packing. So $16 for a deck to your door is fair, compared to the $12 you paid for it on KS. I've protected my backers with my website pricing.
sms69x

Unread post by sms69x »

JacksonRobinson wrote:@smsx69

No worries. Shipping isn't free unlike it is on Kickstarter. They may be priced at $10 but shipping for one deck on my site starts at $6 cuz i go overboard with packing. So $16 for a deck to your door is good, compared to the $12 you paid for it on KS.
Well pointed! I forgot about that! As I pointed, you know how to run your business!!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I didn't get one during the campaign but what about uncut sheets? Are people given the same option as with the deck? And will there be any of the error versions for sale on your site?
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck