Portfolio 52 - Renewal

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

robcan0630
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Portfolio 52 - Renewal

Unread post by robcan0630 »

Hey guys, long time no... chat? Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the domain for P52 expired today. However, I was able to renew the domain this afternoon. I will try to keep up with the SSL expiration when it comes around, but I don't have "official" access to the hosting for all of this, so I'm doing my best to keep things running using the access that I do have. Just wanted to give some notice for those who new the domain was up for expiration that at least that part has been handled for now.
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Re: Portfolio 52 - Renewal

Unread post by Timmargh »

How much was it? Can I make a donation?
robcan0630

Unread post by robcan0630 »

I only renewed for 1 year at this time, so the cost was not significant even with the existing add-ons. I appreciate the gesture, but donations are not necessary. I may have to re-think that in the future depending on what else comes up, but for now, I'd rather take a "wait and see" approach. As I said in my post, I don't have access to everything billing related for all services and even being able to renew the domain was a bit of a fluke on my part. I really do appreciate the offer though.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

As a active user and believer, I'd like to be part of any future solution. I have no idea about how the platform is being managed or who is in charge of anything but, as I have mentioned in many of my previous statements, there is a huge effort from a small community to have Portfolio updated with new decks in a regular basis. The issues it has experimented in the availability and in the search options have created many duplicated decks that must be removed and I think this valuable tool should be properly maintained and updated. I have inserted tons of decks, although I cannot remove wrong or duplicate decks, but I would be happy to go on working in the future making it better and taking sure there is always a backup plan to go through any future issue.

In the meanwhile, I want to thank all those who have been able to restore and rescue PF52 from the abyss