Theory 11 releases a new card, the 11 of spades

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Evilgamer
Collector: Yes

Theory 11 releases a new card, the 11 of spades

Unread post by Evilgamer »

No not a new deck, T11 has heard our complaints that they release too many decks so now theyre going to do it one card at a time!

its actually part of a contest, buy something, get a card with a code to potentially win something

You can get one free spin

https://www.theory11.com/holiday/contest

I am dissapoint I was hoping it was an entire deck of foiled cards when I saw it posted originally on reddit
Disenchanted_11

Re: Theory 11 releases a new card, the 11 of spades

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

Free spin every 24 hours. Big lol.
Screenshot_20231216_040442_Chrome.jpg
antifaro
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by antifaro »

Not seeing the logic for complaints on something that is a free item included in every new order... they could literally just include a small card with a code on it in orders but the fact that it's a gold foil playing card in a foiled pouch is quite the nice touch especially for a free promotional item. Looks like a fun twist on their usual wheel contest! And really glad they kept a free spin per day, I saw someone in their forums won a rare card collection.
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

antifaro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:20 pm Not seeing the logic for complaints on something that is a free item included in every new order... they could literally just include a small card with a code on it in orders but the fact that it's a gold foil playing card in a foiled pouch is quite the nice touch especially for a free promotional item. Looks like a fun twist on their usual wheel contest! And really glad they kept a free spin per day, I saw someone in their forums won a rare card collection.
I think what we're groaning about is less the freebie, more the probability that the wheel spin has become pay to win. Also, I'm not sure how much I would trust anything posted on the t11 side considering what their product review pages look like. Idk, just my two cents.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
antifaro

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:10 pm
antifaro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:20 pm Not seeing the logic for complaints on something that is a free item included in every new order... they could literally just include a small card with a code on it in orders but the fact that it's a gold foil playing card in a foiled pouch is quite the nice touch especially for a free promotional item. Looks like a fun twist on their usual wheel contest! And really glad they kept a free spin per day, I saw someone in their forums won a rare card collection.
I think what we're groaning about is less the freebie, more the probability that the wheel spin has become pay to win. Also, I'm not sure how much I would trust anything posted on the t11 side considering what their product review pages look like. Idk, just my two cents.
You do realize that you get a free spin every 24 hours? Clearly you get more spins if you order more stuff, but that's how it's always been since they've made the wheel years ago. I wouldn't consider that increasingly pay to win, instead of ordering 15 decks you get 15 spins at least for free...
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by see_squared »

Evilgamer wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:22 pm You can get one free spin
Oh my, such a reactionary forum...quick to react without reading anything.

Free spin every 24 hours.

Haha, okay now back to your egg nog. Happy Holidays.
Harvonsgard
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

see_squared wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 pm ... back to your egg nog. Happy Holidays.
Is egg nog a big Christmas time thing in the US? I hear it only mentioned during the festive season from Murican fellows and then the term disappears until it's December again, haha.
Happy Holidays to you as well Chris.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by see_squared »

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:22 pm
see_squared wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 pm ... back to your egg nog. Happy Holidays.
Is egg nog a big Christmas time thing in the US? I hear it only mentioned during the festive season from Murican fellows and then the term disappears until it's December again, haha.
Happy Holidays to you as well Chris.
Some people love Egg Nog...I, however, am not a fan. I think it's like Candy Corn...it's around all year...but nobody pays attention to it until Christmas (or Halloween in regards to the Candy Corn).
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

see_squared wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:26 pmI, however, am not a fan.
That makes it two of us.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I never liked eggnog until I tried making it myself this year (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24619 ... de-eggnog/) and, oh man. Not bad at all!
Back to playing cards, I wonder/wish/hope there's some kind of deck related to this 11oS being released in the future and this is some sort of teaser. But maybe I wish for too much.
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

antifaro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:32 pm
You do realize that you get a free spin every 24 hours? Clearly you get more spins if you order more stuff, but that's how it's always been since they've made the wheel years ago. I wouldn't consider that increasingly pay to win, instead of ordering 15 decks you get 15 spins at least for free...
see_squared wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 pm Oh my, such a reactionary forum...quick to react without reading anything.

Guess I needed to be more clear lol. Yes, I am well-aware of the free spin, as I was when I hit 'post', as I was when I spun for free before said post. What I was and am saying is that I would not put it past t11 to materially skew the odds of landing on a prize for those spins resulting from a 11 of Spades card rather than the free ones.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
antifaro

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:20 pm
antifaro wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:32 pm
see_squared wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:07 pm Oh my, such a reactionary forum...quick to react without reading anything.

Guess I needed to be more clear lol. Yes, I am well-aware of the free spin, as I was when I hit 'post', as I was when I spun for free before said post. What I was and am saying is that I would not put it past t11 to materially skew the odds of landing on a prize for those spins resulting from a 11 of Spades card rather than the free ones.
A user in their forums got a Rare Card Collection from a free spin, so I feel like that's not the case. Based on how their contest has worked in the past, each spin whether received for free or from a purchase the result was completely randomized, it didn't matter if you got it for free or got one from a purchase.
Disenchanted_11

Unread post by Disenchanted_11 »

antifaro wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:52 pm the result was completely randomized
I wouldn't use that word in any digital roullete.

Anyway I won 50 points on a free spin.
Evilgamer

They are nice cards though, I wish T11 had entire decks that were this nice.

(dont waste time on the code, its already been used...it wasn't a winner)

11spade1.jpg
definitely a USPCC card
11spade2.jpg
steampunk52

Unread post by steampunk52 »

Heads up to anyone interested. The wheel is still up with 1 free spin per day. Ive been snagging a spin when I think about it.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Members will receive one code with each shipped product purchased directly on theory11.com from December 15th, 2023 until February 29th, 2024. Entry codes must be utilized by March 15th, 2024
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Evilgamer

Well darn, they owe me a couple hundred of their funbacks for having stopped a few weeks back when it was showing by 1/20 or something.

They also still owe me the Beetles box I won earlier....
Honeybee
White Whale: Hardcover S17 Anthology
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Beetles or Beatles?
Attachments
Beatles.jpg
Beatles.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 31500 times
Beatles.png
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Evilgamer wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:46 pm Well darn, they owe me a couple hundred of their funbacks for having stopped a few weeks back when it was showing by 1/20 or something.

They also still owe me the Beetles box I won earlier....
Go bug them. Some got it after 1 month, some still haven't gotten last year's prize. This is from their forum:

https://www.theory11.com/forums/threads ... 690/page-2
signed BoxONE... every 2 months I mailed and got a reply that it will come...
every update after I only received after initiating contact first.
I received the last mail in july... but no prize.