[BUY] Blue Oaths

Need a quick buck or trying to find that rare deck? Check here! If you are a reseller or posting an offer for members that is not a private sale, please use the "Reseller offers" forum (above) instead!
Forum rules

Private Only (member to member) - NOT FOR BULK OR GROUP SALES!

1. We are not running or in charge of any transactions happening here. It is your responsibility to check and see who you are dealing with is a fraud or a friend.

2. Topics must start with either [BUY] - [SELL] - [TRADE] - [CoOp] - [EBAY] or [ISO]

3. In your post you must post your name or ebay handle

4. You must say what country you are shipping from.

5. You MUST post contact information, such as an email or eBay account name.

6. Give as much information as you can when selling (condition, quantity, etc)

7. DO NOT 'BUMP' YOUR OWN THREAD WITHIN 3 DAYS OF POSTING. MODIFY THE EXISTING ONE.

REMEMBER: UnitedCardists.com, the owner and "Friends of UC" specifically disclaim any liability for the use of this forum
AECardCollector

[BUY] Blue Oaths

Unread post by AECardCollector »

Looking for some blue oaths. If you give me a reasonable price I will not negotiate and agree, I don't plan to lowball either. Thanks!
CourtCurator

Re: [BUY] Blue Oaths

Unread post by CourtCurator »

A Golden Oath worth an ounce of gold.
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I think a Blue Oath is worth an ounce of Unobtainium (couldn't they just come up with a make believe work like Latinum? How hard is it?)
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

Lol, I agree. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of them. It would be difficult to let go of one of them. After accumulating a stupid number of decks, I do not think I have ever sold one. Definitely a psychological barrier to overcome. Maybe I should start with baby steps and sell a cheap deck first.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

brownsl wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:44 pm Lol, I agree. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of them. It would be difficult to let go of one of them. After accumulating a stupid number of decks, I do not think I have ever sold one. Definitely a psychological barrier to overcome. Maybe I should start with baby steps and sell a cheap deck first.
I don't know how many of you know I'm a therapist, but I look at collecting from a psychological/emotional lens all the time. Completely get where you're coming from brownsl. I put a Damask Red for sale, threw a price of $500 on it and someone said they'd buy it. I immediately froze and felt attached to it and didn't want to let it go. Amazing to hear you have multiples of some of my favorite decks from Lotrek.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
CourtCurator

Unread post by CourtCurator »

brownsl wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:44 pm I am fortunate enough to have a couple of them.
Let the Golden Oath diggers descend. :lol:

If someone asked me a few years ago if I’d give three ounces of fancy paper to get back an ounce of gold, I wouldn’t have been able to get the paper out fast enough. Now I would balk. What sickness has infected my mind. :lol:
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

kevork wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:50 pm
brownsl wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:44 pm Lol, I agree. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of them. It would be difficult to let go of one of them. After accumulating a stupid number of decks, I do not think I have ever sold one. Definitely a psychological barrier to overcome. Maybe I should start with baby steps and sell a cheap deck first.
I don't know how many of you know I'm a therapist, but I look at collecting from a psychological/emotional lens all the time. Completely get where you're coming from brownsl. I put a Damask Red for sale, threw a price of $500 on it and someone said they'd buy it. I immediately froze and felt attached to it and didn't want to let it go. Amazing to hear you have multiples of some of my favorite decks from Lotrek.
Lol, that is me exactly!
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I only didn't buy blue Golden Oath because it was in a carat case. It would be nice to see how the blue pops.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Bikefanatic wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:25 pm I only didn't buy blue Golden Oath because it was in a carat case. It would be nice to see how the blue pops.
If you have Arabesque Silver Players, I believe the stock of the tuck to be very similar to the stock of the Blue Oath cards in terms of the pearlescent blue.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

If you have Arabesque Silver Players, I believe the stock of the tuck to be very similar to the stock of the Blue Oath cards in terms of the pearlescent blue.
That is really interesting. I guess I have never opened any of my 8 Arabesque Silver Players decks. I know Lotrek had to reprint them in Greece. He originally had some of the the originally manufactured cards shipped from Taiwan to Greece, but they were rejected due to some paperwork problems I think. The plan was just to put those cards in an enhanced tuck. That didn't happened and Lotrek had to print them in Greece. I guess I assumed they were on standard stock. Typically, if they were on that pearlescence stock, it was considerably thicker, like the Ambassador Collector decks (which were printed on that kind of stock). I don't remember the Silver Arabesque Players being that thick.

I guess...I could....open one and find out??? :shock: :o
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Bradius wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:58 pm
That is really interesting. I guess I have never opened any of my 8 Arabesque Silver Players decks. I know Lotrek had to reprint them in Greece. He originally had some of the the originally manufactured cards shipped from Taiwan to Greece, but they were rejected due to some paperwork problems I think. The plan was just to put those cards in an enhanced tuck. That didn't happened and Lotrek had to print them in Greece. I guess I assumed they were on standard stock. Typically, if they were on that pearlescence stock, it was considerably thicker, like the Ambassador Collector decks (which were printed on that kind of stock). I don't remember the Silver Arabesque Players being that thick.

I meant the stock of the tuck!! Not the cards themselves. You should be able to see it without opening it.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Bradius wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:58 pm [...]