Spider-Man Playing Cards by Theory11

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
HFMJ

Spider-Man Playing Cards by Theory11

Unread post by HFMJ »

Coming this week, the next in the line of superheroes from Theory11.
Attachments
IMG_20221219_231033.jpg
IMG_20221219_231046.jpg
DestinationQ1
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 450

Re: Spider-Man Playing Cards by Theory11

Unread post by DestinationQ1 »

Oh. These look very cool. But is that seal looks over sized to anyone else or just me..?
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

DestinationQ1 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:29 pm Oh. These look very cool. But is that seal looks over sized to anyone else or just me..?
Missed opportunity for a web seal.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Spiderman has tons of enemies, I hope a bunch show up in the courts.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Swiski66
White Whale: Playing Arts Special Edition
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Swiski66 »

Yes!!! Bring on Superman, Wonder Woman, Fantastic Four....
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Bikefanatic wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:52 pm Spiderman has tons of enemies, I hope a bunch show up in the courts.
These, like the Batman ones, look to have the IP for the movie version, not the comic books. So I would guess that any characters in the deck were in the movies.
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes

Unread post by see_squared »

DestinationQ1 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:29 pm Oh. These look very cool. But is that seal looks over sized to anyone else or just me..?
Probably just a forced perspective on the image. The seals are the same exact size as all the other circle seals you've seen w/ t11 decks (Mando, Star Wars, Dune, Beatles, Grateful Dead, etc).
Last edited by hsbc on Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Trimmed
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

I wonder if these will be restricted like Batman and LotR were for int'l buyers.
crazy_lazy

Unread post by crazy_lazy »

Not liking the seal, and worried about how bland the cards will turn out in comparison to the amazing box. The usual drill for T11
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

LMAO the Ace of Spades is the doppleganger meme
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

0259FF33-A899-4670-BCC0-747CD3D3D57B.jpeg
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

DC has Batman to make him a superstar, Marvel has Spider to make him a superstar XD

Love the meme for the Ace of Spades
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:01 pm
Bikefanatic wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:52 pm Spiderman has tons of enemies, I hope a bunch show up in the courts.
These, like the Batman ones, look to have the IP for the movie version, not the comic books. So I would guess that any characters in the deck were in the movies.
These are live. And the courts are as I predicted.
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by see_squared »

vasta41 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:11 am
vasta41 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:01 pm
These are live. And the courts are as I predicted.
points.
laitostarr777

vasta41 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:11 am These are live. And the courts are as I predicted.
One of it, I really NOTICE - that it got reused from the Avengers deck
laitostarr777

The World of Spider-Man
Marvel’s most celebrated hero is Spider-Man, the friendly neighborhood hero that possess spider-like abilities. He has super strength, super instinct, able to climb walls, and able to shoot webs. And it all started from a bite from a genetically modified spider, and the hero’s journey start after the death of a loved one. Spider-Man is adapted from the comics into eight movies, directed by three different directors and the hero is played by three different actors. Each director’s story plot have different aspects in important parts of the story, thus creating three different universes of Spider-Man: i.e. the situations of the spider bite, the death of loved ones, the villains fought, the settings, etc.
  • "Spider-Man Trilogy" by Sam Raimi = The very first movie adaptation series of Spider-Man produced with Columbia Pictures. Peter Parker is played by Tobey Maguire. In this universe's Spidey, he obtains the spider power from a genetically modified spider that escapes in Columbia University - all of spider traits he gained from a single bite. The hero's journey sparks when he allows a criminal walk free who then kills his uncle from a carjacking. He has his best friend Harry Osborn and is in love with Mary Jane Watson. The complete story is told within three movies in the trilogy
    • Spider-Man 1 (2002) = The origin story of a nerd in high school who turned into the friendly neighborhood hero. The villain encountered for this story is the Green Goblin.
    • Spider-Man 2 (2004) = The hardship of living a double life: as Peter Parker, a college student struggling in his studies, hard to get money income as not having a stable job, and the struggle to keep the relationship with the girl VS as Spider-Man, fighting the crimes in the busy city of New York. It is such an existential crisis for the hero. The villain encountered for this story is Doctor Octopus.
    • Spider-Man 3 (2007) = The climax to the trilogy: Peter Parker who tries to propose to Mary Jane as well as fighting the demons from his past by encountering the man responsible for his uncle's death as well as the brawl between his best friend. Also, there is something sinister that stalks the evil side of the hero. The villains encountered for this story are Sandman and Venom.
  • "The Amazing Spider-Man" Duology by Marc Webb = The next movie adaptation series of Spider-Man produced when Sony acquired the IP of it. Peter Parker is played by Andrew Garfield. In this universe's Spidey, he obtains the spider power from a bio-engineered spider from OSCORP Industries, which is part of a cross-species genetics program developed by Peter's father, Richard Parker. He gains most of the spider abilties, except for the web shooting - which Peter makes the wrist devices with webs developed from OSCORP. Peter dates with Gwen Stacy, the daughter of the police chief who dislikes the vigilante. The hero's journey starts when his uncle died from getting shot by the thief from the convenient store, whom he tries to hunt with no avail.
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 1 (2012) = The origin of Peter Parker, the son of Richard Parker who was entrusted in care of his aunt and uncle. The villain encountered for this story is the Lizard.
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) = The story of Peter's life as Spider-Man as well as the fresh graduate Peter who tries to maintain the love relationship with Gwen as well as to discover the story about his father. The villains encountered for this story is Electro and Green Goblin [Harry Osborn].
  • "Spider-Man MCU Trilogy" by Jon Watts = The latest movie adaptation series of Spider-Man produced with the inclusion of Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Peter Parker is played by Tom Holland. There is not any scenes that shown how he got bit by a spider nor any signs of Uncle Ben (since it is basically common knowledge for Marvel fans to know how Spider-Man got his powers). He was firstly introduced when he joined team Iron Man in the Civil War against Team Captain America in Germany, as seen in "Captain America: Civil War". He then assists the Avengers in fighting Thanos. His best friend is Ned Leeds and is in love with Michelle Jones.
    • Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) = Peter Parker tries to lived a normal high-schooler life while doing the duty as a friendly neighborhood hero in Queens. There is the urge of Peter wanting to be a member of the Avengers. The villain encountered for this story is the Vulture.
    • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) = After the big battle against Thanos, Peter tries to move on and proposes his love to MJ during his school field trip in Europe. But, Nick Fury hijacks his trip as he is needed to help Mysterio, the hero from another universe.
    • Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) = With his identity revealed publicly, Peter enlists the help of Doctor Strange to cast a spell for people to forget Spider-Man. But, the kid botched the spell resulting in other Spiderverse clashes in. This is how the concept of Multiverse starts.
The box of the deck shows the iconic Spider-Man logo, both the artwork and title, in red, blue, and gold foil. The back design almost resembles that from T11’s Avengers, with heavy references of spiders: like the web patterns, the color schemes, the iron arms, and three head icons of three different Spideys. The deck comes in a custom circular red foil seal of Spider-Man’s head.

Characters and Props
The deck is heavily based on the three Spider-Man movies that are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which includes parts of the other two universes. For the sake to differentiate three Spider-Men: Peter 1 is Tom Holland Spidey - Peter 2 is Tobey Maguire Spidey - Peter 3 is Andrew Garfield Spidey.
  • Jokers = Two recurring characters who appears in MCU's Spider-Man movies - one of whom is an iconic character in Sam Raimi's Trilogy
    • Joker A = J. Jonah Jameson, an old geezer who is the host of "The Daily Bugle", who always view Spider-Man as a big time menace. In MCU's universe, "The Daily Bugle" is an online streaming news channel (In Sam Raimi's Trilogy, it is an actual office building - In Marc Webb's Duology, it is only shown as an email response for Peter 3).
    • Joker B = Eugene "Flash" Thomson, Peter's rival in highschool. At first, he was a big time bully (calling Peter "Pe*** Parker"), until he adored Spider-Man after the hero saved him. He then becomes delusional that he is the friend of the hero.
  • Aces = Some references to characters and props of MCU's Spider-Man Trilogy.
    • Ace of Spades = Three Spider-Men, a large pip that shows three Spideys pointing at each other as an Internet meme - referred to the team-up in "Spider-Man: No Way Home". There is the phrase: "Trust Your Tingles" - a reference to the Spider-Sense.
    • Ace of Diamonds = Iron Man, the mechanical suit which Tony Stark wear when he becomes a hero. Tony Stark is the CEO of Stark Industries and one of the founding members of the Avengers. He took Peter Parker under his wing to be his protege. With his passing, Peter Parker bears the heavy weight to be his successor.
    • Ace of Clubs = Sandman/Lizard/Electro, [fisted hand with sand texture] The robber who is at the wrong place and at the wrong time in Peter 2's universe, Flint Marko. He fell into a particle collider, which transforms his body molecules, turning him into a sand creature that able to manipulate and shapeshift with sand / [reptilian tail] Disabled genetics scientist in OSCORP from Peter 3's universe, Dr. Curtis Connor. He dreams of restoring his missing hand with the cross-species genetics theory, but it transforms into a monstrous lizard creature. With it, he intends to "perfect the evolution" by turning all people into lizards / [lightning sparks] The lonely freak electrician who works in OSCORP who is also obsessive for Spider-Man from Peter 3's universe, Max Dillon. He got into an accident where he fell into a vat of bio-engineered eels that bites him mercilessly, turning his body into organic electical being. When transported into Peter 1's universe, he regains his body back but retains his power.
    • Ace of Hearts = The Runes of Kof Kol, The spell casted by Doctor Strange to erase people's memory, including the spellcaster himself. Although, Peter changes the spell for six times that ended up with the clash of Spiderverse.
  • Spades
    • Jack of Spades = Nick Fury, former leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. who is now on his own, overseeing the Avengers from the shadows. He calls in the assistance of Spider-Man to help Mysterio to fight the Elementals. Fury also gives Peter a pair of sunglasses that controls a legion of satellite drones with A.I. named E.D.I.T.H.
    • Queen of Spades = Maria Hill, Fury's assistant who is the secretary of Stark Industries. She would always assist Nick Fury.
    • King of Spades = Spider-Man (Peter 1), [two different sides] The friendly neighborhood hero from Queens, wearing costumes as seen in "Spider-Man: Homecoming"; Top part: costume given by Stark during Avengers Civil War, and it was entrusted for him - Bottom part: home-made costume with makeshift googles and red hoodie.
  • Diamonds
    • Jack of Diamonds = Ned Leeds, Peter's best friend in high school. He might be a bit of silly being a comical relief, yet he is dependable and trustable.
    • Queen of Diamonds = Michelle Jones, Peter's girlfriend who is the know-it-all and have a crude sense of sarcasm. She is able to figure out Peter is Spider-Man on her own.
    • King of Diamonds = Spider-Man (Peter 1), [two different sides] The hero who is proud to have worked with the Avengers, wearing costumes as seen in "Spider-Man: Far From Home" and "Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame"; Top part: bespoke costume made with Stark Industries Fabricator, the suit enables Peter to fly like a sugar glider - Bottom part: The Iron Spider, nano-tech suit with metallic arms extension courtesy of Tony Stark, worn in the fight against Thanos.
  • Clubs
    • Jack of Clubs = The Vulture/Mysterio, [two different sides] Leader of the salvage team who cleans up the mess in the Battle of New York, until he was put out of comission by the DODC (Department of Damage Control) funded by Stark. Since then, he begins developing techs from the Chitauri scraps he managed to salvage and use the techs to steal more loots, donning a flying suit that resembles a vulture / The former employee of Stark Industries who was dishonorably fired, who then masquarades as a hero from an alternate universe by utilizing his specialty in holographic-illusions. He is after the sunglasses that Stark left to Peter.
    • Queen of Clubs = Liz Toomes, Peter's homecoming date who is unsuspectedly Adrian's daughter. When the father is arrested, she had to move school and bids farewell to Peter.
    • King of Clubs = Green Goblin/Doctor Octopus, [two different sides] The CEO of OSCORP Industries in Peter 2's universe, Norman Osborn. He tries the enhancing serum on himself. While it works, the side effects created an evil alter ego. He would dons the green mechanized suit that resembles a goblin and rides on a Paraglider loaded with weapons / A scientist who tries to create an alternate source of energy in Peter 2's universe, Doc. Otto Octavius. He wears a mechanize tentacle arms connected to his spine, but as soon as the inhibitor chip was destroyed in a botched experiment, the A.I. of the arms starts to control him, making him obsessed with recreating the failed experiment.
  • Hearts
    • Jack of Hearts = Harold "Happy" Hogan, Stark Industries butler who assists Tony Stark during those days. He then gives motivation and support for Peter Parker, and happened to date Aunt May.
    • Queen of Hearts = Aunt May Parker, Peter's aunt. In Peter 3's universe, she knows the identity of Peter being Spider-Man. She is also the host of F.E.A.S.T, a NGO that dedicates to help people who are misplaced during the Blip (the half life that returned after five years missing).
    • King of Hearts = Spider-Man (Peter 2/Peter 3), Two Spider-Men who comes from their respective universe; Top part: Peter 2, Tobey Maguire Spidey - Bottom part: Peter 3, Andrew Garfield Spidey.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J