LIVE ON KS. Cafeto Playing Cards

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cafeto

LIVE ON KS. Cafeto Playing Cards

Unread post by Cafeto »

My name is William and Im launching my dream deck, Cafeto Playing Cards.
This is the culmination of 2 years of work, I live in Orizaba, Veracruz one of Mexico's top coffee producing places, I have been involved with coffee all my life and decided to finally translate what i love and know about coffee into something that could further the message and its history to more people.

Here is part of the campaign description and some pictures.

A deck of cards inspired by the most striking elements of coffee and its history.
An elegant deck, with green and brown tones that goes perfect with any situation, casual or formal. This coffee deck is perfect for those moments of rest and tranquility.

The design explores the correlation between coffee, the process to make it, its history and the people who made possible for coffee to exist.
  • Fully custom deck of 56 playing cards.
    2 custom jokers with a magic reveal.
    Custom pips
    Fully custom tuck box.
    Important Historic Characters that have been crucial to the history of coffee in the world.
    Collectors Gilded Edition Limited to 100 decks.
    Printed by USPCC
    Fulfilled by Gambler’s Warehouse.
Attachments
ACE AND BACK AAND BOX.png
FOUR ACES NEW.png
THE 4 KINGS.png
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: LIVE ON KS. Cafeto Playing Cards

Unread post by vasta41 »

I don't know how shipping can be free but under $13 for an EB deck? I'm in! Good luck.
Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:44 pm I don't know how shipping can be free but under $13 for an EB deck? I'm in! Good luck.
Hello and thank you for the support.

Im trying my best to make this deck happen. Im aware of the costs of shipping and to be able to offer free shipping im limiting it to the first 72 hours, also, im not trying to make money out of the campaign.

This is my dream deck and im going to fight to make it happen.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

This deck hits all points for me. The back design, the theme, the slightly altered courts and pips, especially the printer. But I do feel like my opinion is in the minority on this forum. I still hope I get to hold this deck in my hand someday and I wish you luck on the campaign!
shunterino
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Wicked Kingdom
Decks Owned: 146

Unread post by shunterino »

vasta41 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:44 pm I don't know how shipping can be free but under $13 for an EB deck? I'm in! Good luck.
What is an EB deck?
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

Early Bird
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

I find that there's a disconnect between the artistry of the backs and that of the faces, almost like I'd expect the court designs to exude luxury, and they simply don't. It's not a bad deck by any stretch, especially at that price like was mentioned above, but this one isn't for me. I'm over my OPC phase, so alterations like these to the courts are no longer attractive to my wallet.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
wingedpotato
Player: Yes
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Okay, I give, PiazzaD. What does OPC mean in this context?

I think the alterations to the courts overall are very well done and more significant than many other decks that try more minor alterations. I like the pips overall as well (though I'm not sold on the hearts).
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

wingedpotato wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:45 am Okay, I give, PiazzaD. What does OPC mean in this context?
Organic Playing Cards, who produced a coffee-themed deck called Roasters. Aesthetic is more "local coffee shop".
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

wingedpotato wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:45 am Okay, I give, PiazzaD. What does OPC mean in this context?

I think the alterations to the courts overall are very well done and more significant than many other decks that try more minor alterations. I like the pips overall as well (though I'm not sold on the hearts).
i think he means organic playing cards, the makers of squeezers and the likes. they take standard courts and paste various crap (bananas, etc) on the courts and recolor them.
Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:27 am I find that there's a disconnect between the artistry of the backs and that of the faces, almost like I'd expect the court designs to exude luxury, and they simply don't. It's not a bad deck by any stretch, especially at that price like was mentioned above, but this one isn't for me. I'm over my OPC phase, so alterations like these to the courts are no longer attractive to my wallet.
I wouldn't say disconnect, it was a choice I made, the design had to incorporate modified classic courts so they could retain a familiar element to them, In my experience common people wont recognize them as usable/playable cards unless they have an element they are familiar with but I agree that the more luxurious or custom a deck is, the better.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I am a coffee nut as well, so this is perfect for me. I'm in. I have a coffee subscription service with a small company that sells sourced small batch coffee from Panama on a monthly subscription. The coffee really is exceptional and has led me to learn more about small batch roasters that really strive to put out exceptional coffee that roasts the coffee based on the specific characteristics of the batch of coffee they acquired. Every month the coffee is different, but amazing.

Good luck.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I agree with the notion that the tuck and back have a very elegant look to them and then the courts are a more "fun" design. I can see how some might see this as disconnected but for me, it's perfect. That's what I meant earlier when I said I think my option is in the minority. I'll take a good (relatable) theme, custom back & pips, altered versions of "standard" courts, USPCC printing and under $15 just about any day.
Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

Im hopping in to remind you all that only 24 remain of the Early bird offers that include free shipping!
Attachments
GILD Y BOX.png
DestinationQ1
Decks Owned: 450

Unread post by DestinationQ1 »

There is a Mexican guy on the Jack of Clubs. I love it! I’m in 👍 backer #47! good luck.
Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

DestinationQ1 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:18 pm There is a Mexican guy on the Jack of Clubs. I love it! I’m in 👍 backer #47! good luck.
The coffee production in Mexico is the world's 8th largest so of course I was going to put a Mexican somewhere :D
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Not my cup of tea.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:53 pm Not my cup of tea.
That's because it's coffee, sir!
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Harvonsgard

Sounds plausible, haha.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:53 pm Not my cup of tea.
Hello, could you give me some feedback on why it doesnt work for you?

Thank you!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Not to speak for Hatvonsgard but most people here don't like standard courts, even if they're slightly altered like you did here. I personally like them but as I've said before, I know I'm in a minority.
Harvonsgard

There is nothing wrong with your deck per se but for me it's just too close to other decks I already have. I don't have a problem with standard courts or modified standard if the rest from the package convinces me. Your deck is overall very classy. The courts are nicely done with better finishing touches than others offer but as mentioned I already have quite a lot of decks falling in this classy category.

Cafeto

Unread post by Cafeto »

Harvonsgard wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:20 pm There is nothing wrong with your deck per se but for me it's just too close to other decks I already have. I don't have a problem with standard courts or modified standard if the rest from the package convinces me. Your deck is overall very classy. The courts are nicely done with better finishing touches than others offer but as mentioned I already have quite a lot of decks falling in this classy category.
Thank you for the feedback!

I will also take this opportunity to let everybody know that only 7 hours remain for the campaign to end (but we are fully funded!)

Thank you all for the chance to make this happen.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Congrats on getting funded!
buttonsHT
Decks Owned: 22

Unread post by buttonsHT »

Hasn't been an update since funding on Oct 20, 2022
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Look at Cafeto's last post and click the "i" button to get more information on the post. Cafeto has been posting from the same IP address as another UC user, Peemouh.

Peemouh has also had only one successfully funded kickstarter project, and that one has likewise not had any meaningful conversation since the project funded. *HOWEVER*, Peemouh *has* logged into KS six or so days ago and replied in the comments section that there would be an update in about a week.

If Peemouh actually does return to KS to post an update to his own project, I'd suggest trying to contact him (probably direct message on KS would be more fruitful than a DM here at UC, given that he doesn't appear to have logged on here in a while) and ask him about how "William" (Cafeto) is doing.
This space intentionally left blank.