Matsuri Playing Cards (Japanese Festival Themed Deck)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
thekeycardcompany
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Matsuri Playing Cards (Japanese Festival Themed Deck)

Unread post by thekeycardcompany »

Hello Unitedcardists !
We are TheKeyCard Playing Cards Company. We proudly present our first Kickstarter Project to you guys.

Matsuri Playing Cards (Standard & Gilded Edition)
Playing Cards Materials 1.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.23.20 PM (2).jpeg
Official Link :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kc ... ying-cards

Pre-view Link :
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kc ... n=6bec4406

We're going to launch it on the 8th APR 2022 ( HKT GMT +8 )
There'll be a few Early Bird Rewards, Pleases remember to follow the project so it can notifly you once it's alive.
matsuri_original.jpg
matsuri_original.jpg (165.2 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
matsuri_original1.jpg
matsuri_original1.jpg (100.2 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
matsuri_original2.jpg
matsuri_original2.jpg (136.72 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
3matsuri_original.jpg
3matsuri_original.jpg (102.24 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
matsuri_original4.jpg
matsuri_original4.jpg (143.72 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
This deck is a fully custom deck printed with the Supreme Finish and Neoclassic Stock
You can know more about the details of the stock & finish in our website
www.keycardpcc.com
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.23.20 PM (3).jpeg
Every half-brick backer will get a Gilded Signature Edition ( Limited to 300 )
And IT WILL NOT BE REPRINTED & The Gilded Signature Edition WILL BE SOLD ON KICKSTARTER ONLY.

It's a project launched a few years ago with only 87% funded with other company,
And the designer decided to re-launch with us.
This is the old post and project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... -cartamund
http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic ... fb35db0dcb
THE KEY CARD PLAYING CARDS COMPANY
www.keycardpcc.com

Deck prototyping, Printing & Marketing discount for UC members
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21320
STLBluesNut

Re: Matsuri Playing Cards ( Japanese Festival Themed Deck)

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i like the deck, especially the back and tuck design. however, i feel the price is a bit high for a tuck with no foil, embossing, etc. not that i would buy the gilded version myself, i dislike seeing it gated behind buying a half brick.
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Many collectors prefer to get two of a deck - few prefer to get 5. So in this case one can consider that the gilded are not for standard card collectors, but are only for huge fans of the deck that want 5 standard decks - trading a group of card collectors for an unknown base of fans is an option - not sure its the best or only option though….

Frankly I would do it differently, but its not my card project on the line - lots of card projects trying to figure out how to get us to consume mass quantities with one trick or another - seems to be the wave of the future - an awful dystopian future…. :)
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
GandalfPC

To add to the above, I don’t wish to assume that this card project is trying to make us consume, likely just trying to get a successful project going - and to reiterate, my wishes on how retail works and how retail actually works may not be in sync

That being said, I would like to see a campaign such as this have ability to pledge for any number of standard decks, and that each backer be able to purchase some number of gilded (could be 1, 2, 10 or unlimited - and for a first campaign unlimited might be best way to go - sell what you can - you are likely not going to sell so many that people don’t want them)

thekeycardcompany

STLBluesNut wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:32 am i like the deck, especially the back and tuck design. however, i feel the price is a bit high for a tuck with no foil, embossing, etc. not that i would buy the gilded version myself, i dislike seeing it gated behind buying a half brick.
Thanks for the comment.
We value every opinions to make to project better.

Now, We will make the tuck box with Spot UV Varnish on all the edition of the decks.
And add Box Embossing on the Gilded edition of the decks also.

One more thing, We decided to add an ADD-ON with the Gilded edition deck, so that you & every backers can get a Gilded edition with any reward you choose.

And we'll mention you - STLBluesNut in the special thanks on the Project page & the also in the first update.
Hope you enjoy our project
www.keycardpcc.com

thekeycardcompany

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:05 pm To add to the above, I don’t wish to assume that this card project is trying to make us consume, likely just trying to get a successful project going - and to reiterate, my wishes on how retail works and how retail actually works may not be in sync

That being said, I would like to see a campaign such as this have ability to pledge for any number of standard decks, and that each backer be able to purchase some number of gilded (could be 1, 2, 10 or unlimited - and for a first campaign unlimited might be best way to go - sell what you can - you are likely not going to sell so many that people don’t want them)
Thank you for your comment. It's mean a lot to us.
We decided to add an ADD-ON with the Gilded edition deck,
so that you & every backers can get maxium of 3 Gilded edition decks with any reward you choose.

And considering to add more reward option for the backers to choose .
www.keycardpcc.com

Christian W.L.

Unread post by Christian W.L. »

Love the design, especially the gilded version, glad to know that there will be add-on for it. Since half brick will be a bit too many for collectors. Also, I suggest adding a different version (maybe a different colour?), as coming out with a series will be more attractive.
I will definitely back it anyway. Keep it up, guys!
thekeycardcompany

Just received some prototype of the tuck box and half brick box
hope you guys enjoy it :drool:
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-01 at 1.37.05 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-01 at 1.35.11 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-01 at 1.38.35 PM.jpeg
www.keycardpcc.com

Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Tuckbox and 1/2🧱 look good. While liking whimsical, the courts are just not for me unfortunately.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
thekeycardcompany

Christian W.L. wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:52 pm Love the design, especially the gilded version, glad to know that there will be add-on for it. Since half brick will be a bit too many for collectors. Also, I suggest adding a different version (maybe a different colour?), as coming out with a series will be more attractive.
I will definitely back it anyway. Keep it up, guys!
Thank you for your comment.
Really glad you like our deck either the standard one or the gilded one.
We will try our best to create another color or edition in the future or in the stretch goal.
Once again, thanks for your support & see you in Kickstarter :D
www.keycardpcc.com

babasam007

Unread post by babasam007 »

So happy to see this project re-launch. I backed it few years ago.
The new design of tuck box and half brick box did make it look better, hope it can successfully funded this time.
However, did anyone same feel that the half brick box looks like KFC chicken box? hahaha...:)
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I've approved this new post from babasam007 for publication, but I have to make an observation and ask some obvious questions about it.

I notice that this account is logging in and posting from the same IP address as the following accounts:

TorresOVER -- the account that has been running the design of the Schrodinger's Cat deck through the drafting board.
thekeycardcompany -- the account of the "new" company that is running the relaunched version of the Matsuri Playing Cards project on Kickstarter, with no apparent track record of running KS campaigns.
Revelation Workshop -- the account of the original company that ran the previous Matsuri Playing Cards project on Kickstarter. The only KS project launched by Revelation Workshop that funded (https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10319, albeit they were using the name eveworkshop at the time here at UC) appears to either have never shipped, or at the very least, nobody ever commented that they received their decks on KS but several backers commented that they did not receive anything. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... u/comments). Revelation Workshop appeared to have stopped posting, or even logging onto KS, sometime around December of 2018 until a couple weeks ago, when they posted on the original Matsuri campaign page to say that it would be relaunching soon. They did not, however, post anything on the Element Playing Card page to address the concerns of backers who never received their decks.
NeonCardHK -- an account of the company/person who ran the Neon Playing Cards project on Kickstarter that never shipped, but posted on another thread here that this was because of bad-faith dealing by Bocopo (which, to be fair, is a plausible explanation), and that they plan to fulfill the project soon. This account has also posted on the Schrodinger's Cat page to say, "This looks good."
Christian W.L. -- another account that is simply posting to say "this looks good" on the relaunched Matsuri project thread and the Schrodinger's Cat thread.

It is very unusual for multiple accounts to post from the same IP address, even when they are all posting from the same city.

If one looks at the IP addresses (click the "i" button in the upper right-hand corner of any given post) on the thread for the Element deck (link above), you'll notice that posts saying "backed" are from the same IP address as the "eveworkshop" account that originally posted as the manager of the campaign. ("eveworkshop" appears to have given way to "Revelation Workshop" on Kickstarter, if you look at the "project creator" of the project.) The original website for the Element Playing Cards has long been abandoned.

I really like the design of the Matsuri deck and the Schrodinger's Cat deck, which are both clever and well executed, but I am concerned that there may be some business practices here that raise a lot of serious questions about the viability of these projects.

My questions include:

1) Has any reputable UC member backed the aforementioned Element Playing Card project and received their decks? Bonus points if they don't live in Hong Kong.
2) Has NeonCardHK fulfilled their project yet to anyone on the UC?
3) Key Card Company: what is your relationship with NeonCardHK, Revelation Workshop, and eveworkshop?

Once the Neon project is fulfilled and the Element project is fulfilled, I'll feel more comfortable with the Matsuri and Schrodinger's Cat projects. Until those are fulfilled, I'd prefer to wait until these appear at our favorite retailers of custom decks.
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Someone got caught with the fingers in the cookie jar, eh?
Thank you for the warning Allan. It's always kinda suspicious if random names just pop up in one or two threads.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
thekeycardcompany

rousselle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:59 am I've approved this new post from babasam007 for publication, but I have to make an observation and ask some obvious questions about it.

I notice that this account is logging in and posting from the same IP address as the following accounts:

TorresOVER -- the account that has been running the design of the Schrodinger's Cat deck through the drafting board.
thekeycardcompany -- the account of the "new" company that is running the relaunched version of the Matsuri Playing Cards project on Kickstarter, with no apparent track record of running KS campaigns.
Revelation Workshop -- the account of the original company that ran the previous Matsuri Playing Cards project on Kickstarter. The only KS project launched by Revelation Workshop that funded (https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10319, albeit they were using the name eveworkshop at the time here at UC) appears to either have never shipped, or at the very least, nobody ever commented that they received their decks on KS but several backers commented that they did not receive anything. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61 ... u/comments). Revelation Workshop appeared to have stopped posting, or even logging onto KS, sometime around December of 2018 until a couple weeks ago, when they posted on the original Matsuri campaign page to say that it would be relaunching soon. They did not, however, post anything on the Element Playing Card page to address the concerns of backers who never received their decks.
NeonCardHK -- an account of the company/person who ran the Neon Playing Cards project on Kickstarter that never shipped, but posted on another thread here that this was because of bad-faith dealing by Bocopo (which, to be fair, is a plausible explanation), and that they plan to fulfill the project soon. This account has also posted on the Schrodinger's Cat page to say, "This looks good."
Christian W.L. -- another account that is simply posting to say "this looks good" on the relaunched Matsuri project thread and the Schrodinger's Cat thread.

It is very unusual for multiple accounts to post from the same IP address, even when they are all posting from the same city.

If one looks at the IP addresses (click the "i" button in the upper right-hand corner of any given post) on the thread for the Element deck (link above), you'll notice that posts saying "backed" are from the same IP address as the "eveworkshop" account that originally posted as the manager of the campaign. ("eveworkshop" appears to have given way to "Revelation Workshop" on Kickstarter, if you look at the "project creator" of the project.) The original website for the Element Playing Cards has long been abandoned.

I really like the design of the Matsuri deck and the Schrodinger's Cat deck, which are both clever and well executed, but I am concerned that there may be some business practices here that raise a lot of serious questions about the viability of these projects.

My questions include:

1) Has any reputable UC member backed the aforementioned Element Playing Card project and received their decks? Bonus points if they don't live in Hong Kong.
3) Key Card Company: what is your relationship with NeonCardHK, Revelation Workshop, and eveworkshop?

Once the Neon project is fulfilled and the Element project is fulfilled, I'll feel more comfortable with the Matsuri and Schrodinger's Cat projects. Until those are fulfilled, I'd prefer to wait until these appear at our favorite retailers of custom decks.

Thank you for pointing out the relationship to protect every cards lover here (including us), but I want to clarify that the project of Masuri is not a fraud, Admin Rousselle,
And i'm really glad that there's a admin like you really care about cards and the members here.

First things first, I am the designer of the Matsuri Playing Cards (for which I don't have an account due to I'm using Gmail ). The relationship with Revelation Workshop (the eveworkshop ) has over a long time ago.
I'm just a designer who was hired by eveworkshop for a very short time years ago, but I remain the copyright of the design if it's not successfully launched.

I got my Matsuri design back due to the unsuccessful project from the eveworkshop. And the Key Card company offer me to do a collab in Jan with them to re-launch my project with their factory and with some updated design. And the reason why I can reply with the Revelation Workshop account is that the previous owner left it with the same password, and as it is my project, so I have to say to the supporters who used to support the old project we are going to relaunch by it.

Secondly, we use the same IP due to we are using the co-working space in Hong Kong NT. We are a brunch of card lovers ( exactly 5 of us ) who met at the Card-con & event. And as this account is Key Card Company, I can clearly say that we have no relationship with NeonCardHK, Revelation Workshop. We can prove it anyway way you want to privately or publicly.
www.keycardpcc.com

NeonCardHK

Unread post by NeonCardHK »

rousselle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:59 am I've approved this new post from babasam007 for publication, but I have to make an observation and ask some obvious questions about it.

My questions include:

Hi Admin
Just replied In the other post
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by TorresOVER »

My questions include:

I just copy and paste the same comment I submitted in my own post to show the others.

Hey Admin, I don't want to be rude or sth.
Just know what's happening on your comment.
I sent you some evidence that's about why we are using the same ip sometimes.
About the address of the co-working space that we created or brainstormed each other.
it's included some address that shouldn't post it out for you guys, sorry.

You can check the ip or anything to see if it's true or not. And I don't always hangout with them, just sometimes. But for me, I don't really think it's a good idea to wrong a group of Card creators.

I created the deck with all the money and time of myself. from hand drafting to now is prototyping and going to film a trailer. What's the point of getting all the work done and just don't fulfill the art piece we work our ass
off. Even for business, it's still very short-sighted.

I strongly request an apology at least for myself, Thanks.
I think it's a slander for me and my deck.
if you want any evidence or even skype/ FaceTime all of us, I can arrange that to prove which account we are using, which deck we are creating and clearfly the "relationship " you mentioned
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Urban Legends: Japan & US
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō
Plague Doctor
GandalfPC

Hardly slander to voice legitimate concerns

Slander must be a lie purposely told

BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

As a bit of background, @rouselle is one of UC's most prized possessions. He has always played the role of sentinel/watchdog and posts like the one in question are why I value his contributions here.

This is far from slander. I think a bit of perspective could help you realize this isn't an attack, but more of a caution flag for collectors. There are plenty of examples of campaigns and projects in the past where collectors were left with no decks. There are also examples of creators disappearing, only to emerge as a new, unassociated name to avoid suspicion and to possibly scam backers again.

Please understand the warning posted by @rousselle is made with the utmost care for the integrity of the community and its collectors. Is it strange that all of these IP addresses and names are being mingled with previous creators who didn't follow through? Certainly. The good thing is you are all posting here and willing to explain. We are all friends here but we are fiercely protective of the community. @rousselle goes above and beyond to protect the flock and he meant no disrespect (I hope he doesn't mind me speaking for him :ugdance: ). The situation merits skepticism but that is easily handled by simply communicating as you are all doing.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

I am confused. There is no slander. There is, however, a project I am going to stay far far away from.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Hi, all. I'm checking in during my work day, so I don't have time to write a long, thoughtful response at the moment, but the posts above deserve a quick follow-up:

First, thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies. You are addressing the concerns I brought up, and I find these responses absolutely plausible. For those who are curious, TorresOVER sent me a photo of a shared office front -- the kind of which I've used here in the US when I've worked at a small start-up, so I know how that goes. The idea that several people who use the same shared office space would occasionally be posting from the same IP address certainly makes sense, and the idea that several people who share a common interest would team up to split office expenses at a location that is set up for just that purpose also makes sense. (That said, the Revelation Workshop account has posted from the same IP address, for whatever that is worth.)

Please note, I have been very careful not to accuse anybody of nefarious intentions, but rather I am highlighting observations that give me pause. This is what we do here at the UC: we all have a common interest, and that is adding new decks that interest us to our collections of playing cards. At the same time, when something comes up where we notice a possible threat to our collection or to our wallets that help us grow that collection, we share that info, too.

As I noted above, I like the design of both the Matsuri cards and the Schrodinger's Cat work-in-progress, and I most definitely want to see them produced. At the same time, I observed some cause for concern, and wanted to have that concern addressed. The conversation above (and which I'm sure will continue) is helping toward that end.

As for why would anyone put all that effort into designing a deck and then not produce it; yeah, I don't know, but it has happened. Seems like a lot of work for a little payoff. The Element Playing Cards project is one of those where the question remains: what happened? How far did the project get?

Torres, did you back that project? Did you receive your cards?

Anyway, I need to get back to work, but I'm intrigued by the idea TorresOVER posts at the end of the note above: the idea of having a group Facetime / Skype. This idea really intrigues me, not merely as a means of establishing that you're different people, but as an opportunity for the great card collecting community to get to know all of you and share your passion for your designs and talk about possible ways of drumming up support and improving the odds of success (not just for the funding, but for the fulfillment, as well.) Jackson Robinson has had such events on Instagram back in the day (in the form of big Q & A sessions), and they were both fun and engaging.

Thank you for engaging with the community here and for taking my post as an opportunity to engage further.

Oh, and thanks to everyone else who is engaging in this conversation, and thank you all for your kind words.
This space intentionally left blank.
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

rousselle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:47 pm Hi, all. I'm checking in during my work day, so I don't have time to write a long, thoughtful response at the moment, but the posts above deserve a quick follow-up:

First, thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies. You are addressing the concerns I brought up, and I find these responses absolutely plausible. For those who are curious, TorresOVER sent me a photo of a shared office front -- the kind of which I've used here in the US when I've worked at a small start-up, so I know how that goes. The idea that several people who use the same shared office space would occasionally be posting from the same IP address certainly makes sense, and the idea that several people who share a common interest would team up to split office expenses at a location that is set up for just that purpose also makes sense. (That said, the Revelation Workshop account has posted from the same IP address, for whatever that is worth.)

Please note, I have been very careful not to accuse anybody of nefarious intentions, but rather I am highlighting observations that give me pause. This is what we do here at the UC: we all have a common interest, and that is adding new decks that interest us to our collections of playing cards. At the same time, when something comes up where we notice a possible threat to our collection or to our wallets that help us grow that collection, we share that info, too.

As I noted above, I like the design of both the Matsuri cards and the Schrodinger's Cat work-in-progress, and I most definitely want to see them produced. At the same time, I observed some cause for concern, and wanted to have that concern addressed. The conversation above (and which I'm sure will continue) is helping toward that end.

As for why would anyone put all that effort into designing a deck and then not produce it; yeah, I don't know, but it has happened. Seems like a lot of work for a little payoff. The Element Playing Cards project is one of those where the question remains: what happened? How far did the project get?

Anyway, I need to get back to work, but I'm intrigued by the idea TorresOVER posts at the end of the note above: the idea of having a group Facetime / Skype. This idea really intrigues me, not merely as a means of establishing that you're different people, but as an opportunity for the great card collecting community to get to know all of you and share your passion for your designs and talk about possible ways of drumming up support and improving the odds of success (not just for the funding, but for the fulfillment, as well.) Jackson Robinson has had such events on Instagram back in the day (in the form of big Q & A sessions), and they were both fun and engaging.

Thank you for engaging with the community here and for taking my post as an opportunity to engage further.

Oh, and thanks to everyone else who is engaging in this conversation, and thank you all for your kind words.
I'm sorry that I used the word slander. Cause I am quite angry at that moment when your creation just randomly linked to some fraud project.

To be honest, I am way younger when the Element Playing Cards project launched, so I don't know exactly what's happened to that project. So it's better to let her speak for herself about it.

One more thing, I think if there're similar things happen, I feel so much comfortable if you can maybe send one of us a PM to ask about it first or other way to contact me to make the things clear.
This is definitely not a good thing for a new creator like me.

I'm feeling bad for my project right now, I spent literally all the time to keep drawing it, promote it, finding cards company for help. What If this post or comment really makes bad reputation or I don't know. Just not feeling the same confidence right now.

Sorry guys for bothering you or used the word slander , I am just caring my project, sorry again :cry:
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō
Plague Doctor
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

TorresOVER wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:32 pmCause I am quite angry at that moment when your creation just randomly linked to some fraud project.
We're usually nice here, I promise! :D Especially Rousselle

Thanks for coming here and posting, and I hope this weird event hasn't ruined your opinion of UC too much :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

hsbc wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:37 pm
TorresOVER wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:32 pmCause I am quite angry at that moment when your creation just randomly linked to some fraud project.
We're usually nice here, I promise! :D Especially Rousselle

Thanks for coming here and posting, and I hope this weird event hasn't ruined your opinion of UC too much :D
In my opinion, I think there's a better way to do it. Maybe PM / contact any of us first ?

Not gonna lie, I feel bad and lose my confidence of my project in the moment. I mean I really spent all the effort in this project, what if this event or comment ruin my reputation of my project.

For me, this project is way more than just money or time, this is one of my dream to make my dream decks all come true. Maybe I am too emotional and streeful, sorry for bitching around
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō
Plague Doctor
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

BaconWise wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:19 pm As a bit of background, @rouselle is one of UC's most prized possessions. He has always played the role of sentinel/watchdog and posts like the one in question are why I value his contributions here.

This is far from slander. I think a bit of perspective could help you realize this isn't an attack, but more of a caution flag for collectors. There are plenty of examples of campaigns and projects in the past where collectors were left with no decks. There are also examples of creators disappearing, only to emerge as a new, unassociated name to avoid suspicion and to possibly scam backers again.

Please understand the warning posted by @rousselle is made with the utmost care for the integrity of the community and its collectors. Is it strange that all of these IP addresses and names are being mingled with previous creators who didn't follow through? Certainly. The good thing is you are all posting here and willing to explain. We are all friends here but we are fiercely protective of the community. @rousselle goes above and beyond to protect the flock and he meant no disrespect (I hope he doesn't mind me speaking for him :ugdance: ). The situation merits skepticism but that is easily handled by simply communicating as you are all doing.
I got your point and I understand what @rouselle did it entirely out of kindness.
But it's just not fair for a new creator like me have to suffer a caution flag without doing anything wrong but working my ass off to make my dream come true,

it'll be so much better if @rouselle can send me a PM or don't approve our comments until everything is clear.
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō
Plague Doctor
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

It still remains that there are accounts from the same IP commenting on this post and liking other comments who supposedly "collab" together but are also trying to sound like they have no association. Sorry, don't like the sock puppet thing at all.
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Strag wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:17 pm It still remains that there are accounts from the same IP commenting on this post and liking other comments who supposedly "collab" together but are also trying to sound like they have no association. Sorry, don't like the sock puppet thing at all.
What's the problem of commented on your friends post ? we don't share profits or anything, we are just have the same hobby and using the co-working space, not even the same room/same table sometimes.
And we're not in that place every day.... like I am replying you in 5:35 a.m on the bed while the others is sleeping . We are not some kind of association :roll:
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō
Plague Doctor
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

I was clear what my problem was. It affects my decision on whether I would back a campaign by you. Simply stating my rationale. Others may not have a problem with your friend commenting on your designs as if they don't know you and are just an interested collector. This is why it's a free market.
Christian W.L.

Unread post by Christian W.L. »

rousselle wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:47 pm Hi, all. I'm checking in during my work day, so I don't have time to write a long, thoughtful response at the moment, but the posts above deserve a quick follow-up:

Thank you so much for clarifying everything, just hope my comments did not affect my fd's project and the way how UCs treat his project. Since I know how hard he worked for it.
shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

The way you communicate doesn't help your cause, reading your emotional replies doesn't boost my confidence. Relax, life is good.
TorresOVER
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

shkorc wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:07 am The way you communicate doesn't help your cause, reading your emotional replies doesn't boost my confidence. Relax, life is good.
I am way more calm right now,
at least I haven't slap the Chris Rock out of him :D
What I created :
Matsuri / Fuyu Matsuri
Schrodinger's Cat
Cthulhu
Cupido
Inconvenient
Frankenstein Series
Oppenheimer
百鬼夜行 Hyakki Yagyō