Royal Guard Playing Cards are LIVE on Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Happyakrz
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Crypt by Lotrek
Decks Owned: 275

Royal Guard Playing Cards are LIVE on Kickstarter

Unread post by Happyakrz »

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Royal Guard Playing Card campaign on Kickstarter officially launched yesterday (March 1) and runs through March 29th, 2022!

The decks will be printed through USPCC, with special tucks produced by Gamblers Warehouse (if stretch goals are met).

There are gilded decks, collectible coins, sticker sets, and uncut sheets available as add-ons as well. And an amazing laser cut/etched deck clip!!

Though I don't have a large following on Instagram, most of my pre-launch marketing has been done there, and I'm currently at just over $1K of my $6.5K goal.

If you're interested in getting a beautiful, unique deck of cards (or several), please head over to the Kickstarter campaign and make your pledge!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/24 ... ying-cards

Thanks so much for your support and interest in my project!

Happyakrz
Happyakrz

Enthusiast. Boat-Rocker. Creator.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Re: Royal Guard Playing Cards are LIVE on Kickstarter

Unread post by rousselle »

So... a designer who engages with the community, and who takes feedback into consideration while he evolves his design.

Pricing that is actually affordable-ish. (I mean, a pair of decks for less than $15 each shipped -- U.S. -- and printed by USPCC these days is really not bad. Two gilded options @$25 ea., also not outrageous. A coin for $10? Pretty decent.)

Standard options like coins, gilded variations, and stickers (which are becoming a thing, too, now).

We need more of this.

I'm backing for a pair of standard decks plus a pair of gilded (one gold, one silver) and a coin and sticker pack. (Stickers are becoming a thing for my laptops. Heh.)

I want you to be successful and I look forward to your next project, glimpses of which you provided elsewhere and which look promising. :-)
This space intentionally left blank.
Happyakrz

Thank you, Rousselle!! Wow, you just made my day! :)
Happyakrz

STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i noticed something interesting? to me. i think this is the first time i have seen, or recall anyway, disjointed courts like this. it is odd in a way but i don't dislike it. i think it is better than separating the court halves with just a line. with this art style, i can see that trying to join them together might be pretty challenging. so, just don't join them together, interesting. i think it works especially well for a court like JoH. if the bodies had to be joined in the middle they definitely would have had to have been shrunken down to get the crossbows on the card. having the halves not connected allowed the card to be more full and balanced.
Happyakrz

Thanks for the comment, STLBluesNut,

You're correct, I spent a lot of time debating how I wanted the create the symmetry in the courts, and ultimately landing on this process was the best fit aesthetically, as well as from a consistency standpoint -- I know a lot of collectors, magicians, etc. WANT their cards to be symmetrical. So I knew that I needed to make it work, and found that this was a unique path. :) I'm glad that it is at least partially appealing to you. I know most people don't like change, but it's honestly what I'm all about! :)
Happyakrz