Cyan Playing Kards by Playing Kards Company - KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Fes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Cyan Playing Kards by Playing Kards Company - KS

Unread post by Fes »

TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Cyan Playing Kards by Playing Kards Company - KS

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrubish... apologies for the bluntness.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

"Welcome to the next generation of playing cards." I weep for the future.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Uhhhhh what about this is luxurious? They stripped some of the details off of the classic courts and the deck name is written in edgy graffiti. Minimalism does not necessarily equate luxury, especially when that’s the only thing you’re bringing to the table. I don’t understand how anyone within the custom playing care community could think that THIS is more elegant than a regular set of Bees.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Can't blame them, they've been raised on the marketing hype by E, T11, HOPC and so many other half-baked KS projects. For those raised on USPCC and never seen other custom decks, this is "next gen" for them, even though the designs are so early 2010's.
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

I don't wanna be rude but Fes, but could you please please reconsider the amount of decks posted here on UC? I mainly mean to filter decks that you already know they are crap. I know that computer storage is huge these days but some decks really don't deserve mentioning and imho only create noise in UC forums. :)
Remember Earth clearly.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

This deck here has as much effort as some others that have funded. It's design is as strong as some of the other super fantastic decks we've seen plopping forth lately. This one is actually better than some. It's minimalist design, sure. The color use is bright and bold, would draw attention in use. The font is, curious, but gold is what draws some folks to things. :roll:
masagin303 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:05 am I don't wanna be rude but Fes, but could you please please reconsider the amount of decks posted here on UC? I mainly mean to filter decks that you already know they are crap. I know that computer storage is huge these days but some decks really don't deserve mentioning and imho only create noise in UC forums. :)
(I'd like to point out that PM's are a great way to directly contact other members about a given something. Doesn't derail a thread and lets folks communicate directly about Not wanting to be rude rather than in the public forum. I'll respond here since it was asked here.)

I have considered the amount of decks posted here on UC. I'd wager, this place has the most playing cards post on the interwebs. Fantastic isn't it? I think so. This is a forum to discuss playing cards. So it seems fitting that so many be here. What decks are already crap, that's entirely subjective. Some folks only have taste in the mouths and some folks dine regularly on the highest form of playing card design. We all have different likes and dislikes and many decks will end up in my treasure horde that won't end up in yours. We all enjoy different things and have different taste in decks. Be it your taste, mine or anyone else right? All different perspectives from a great many angles. The curious thing about playing cards in general is there's something for everyone.

Here is my point of view based upon mine own experience. I've roasted, quite fairly and honest I might add, a few decks on here. Some jerkoff (As I saw it) decided to comment about my opinion on a deck that was absolute crap. It was some trash and I didn't think it was fit for asking for money. (I still don't) This wasn't the case for other people who saw it as honoring healthcare and other kinds of in my opinion bs. Anyway at that moment my friend, I learned that people like different things. People will support crap and absolutely do value decks that appear to have no effort put into their design. Just because that's how it appears to me doesn't mean it does to them. These are some of the things that people love! :) (Enough to attack another and their opinion on a forum.)

I don't have an agenda to push here. I don't own any thread. I just toss the things up so whoever wants to comment about the deck can comment about the deck. While that may just be noise, often times that's what they're here for. To see new decks, comment upon them and to read comments about decks. For decks that already have a thread it can fit in, for example the Solokid decks, I stick the new stuff in an old thread. Gives the same opportunity to be seen and commented upon if someone would like to. Don't want to spend the five seconds to load a thread and take a peek at what's there? Great! No one holds a gun to anyone's head forcing them to look, read or comment. Thank god for that. I'd hate to have to read the posts I make on occasion. (Like this one, pfft, waste of my time to read. I already know what I'm saying.)

I'm not opposed to not starting threads. (When I get busier I'll likely not create threads) If you or someone else would like to do it, then by all means have at it. ;) If it's going to be a selective thing, I'm down for that. Who's going to be the person to decide what decks are fit for posting here if you begin to lay down criteria for such a subjective thing as "you already know is crap"? I think the Moderators here already do a ton of things so lets not ask them to choose. Maybe a Poll system where the members vote on decks with an emoji bullet something simple like Turd or Not a Turd using those little poops? :lol: I don't know, want to have a chat about it on a thread in general? That seems like a good place for a discussion it and everyone can weigh in. I think it would ultimately result in the ole "it works as it is" argument winning out but maybe not.
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

There's nothing wrong with providing a cheap utility deck for daily use. Where the creator went wrong is believing their approach is re-defining the industry. Also, throwing shade at successful projects looks foolish. This deck is quite simply Summer NOCs with the Kards text logo - so it's completely forgettable as a new offering. Also, these other brands can charge more because they have earned a following - it's pretty simple to understand. People who want to spend $6-$8 on a deck will likely just buy a brick of traditional, handsome Bikes from Costco.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Well, there's is something going for them with a semi custom deck and actually $1 cheaper than NOCs. I respect what they want to do, but the way they've gone about it could be better. If it's going to be for magicians, then you need to add gaff cards. An angle Z, blank or double backer. For cardistry, the logo really doesn't do it for me. They should have added a video showing how the backs work in cardistry moves.