Fury Playing Cards by Z Playing Cards Company

Designing a deck? Need input? Show us here!
Aliasfour
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Fury Playing Cards by Z Playing Cards Company

Unread post by Aliasfour »

Greetings Everyone,

We would like to introduce to you our first in 8 deck series about natural disasters. This is the Fury Deck, themed around volcanoes and people who work in that field. Its a minimal back design with full customized face cards. Please don't hesitate to give us your feedback, we always appreciate it. We thank you for your support and please keep an eye on ur instagram accounts below to follow any updates and news around the deck as not everything is released yet. Thank you in advance.

Designed by Noah Abdallah for Ali Asfour
All renders are worked by a dear friend @cardcosmos
Instagram accounts: - @aliasfour96 / @noahabdallah / @zplayingcardsco
Full Tuck Case Render
Full Tuck Case Render
Back Design Render
Back Design Render
Fan Render
Fan Render
Sybl Cut Render
Sybl Cut Render
We are CURIOUS!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Fury Playing Cards by Z Playing Cards Company

Unread post by RichK »

If it's an 8 deck series you should put some "volume" number on the deck and call it "Volcanoes". Fury doesn't work for the deck.
Move on, nothing to see here.
BaconWise
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Without seeing the face cards, I can't give full input, but I like the simplicity. I had a couple of thoughts:

- What is the significance of the #8 and the Heart on the small tuck flaps?
- The small clouds of ash on the tuck seem to serve no purpose. I would think you want to have a lot of magma and stones flying on that side as well, considering it is sharing the same space as the deck title of FURY. At the moment it seems the fury is gone from the volcano.
- Really digging the color scheme

I definitely think it's clean and simple. It would be a pass for me as I tend to look for more custom details but I think this is a decent deck for others if the price is right.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Aliasfour

RichK wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 pm If it's an 8 deck series you should put some "volume" number on the deck and call it "Volcanoes". Fury doesn't work for the deck.
Greetings Sir
I appreciate your concern. I cant name it basically volcano because a bicycle deck is named volcano and Fury is from furious and anger where it describes the volcano. When it comes to calling it volume, the thing there will be different colors for the same deck for example in the Fury deck will be a red edition, I cant call v1 and v2. I dont want it to sound like that, the series is about natural disasters and not a single deck will be the same as the other.
Thank you <3
Aliasfour

BaconWise wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 pm Without seeing the face cards, I can't give full input, but I like the simplicity. I had a couple of thoughts:

- What is the significance of the #8 and the Heart on the small tuck flaps?
- The small clouds of ash on the tuck seem to serve no purpose. I would think you want to have a lot of magma and stones flying on that side as well, considering it is sharing the same space as the deck title of FURY. At the moment it seems the fury is gone from the volcano.
- Really digging the color scheme

I definitely think it's clean and simple. It would be a pass for me as I tend to look for more custom details but I think this is a decent deck for others if the price is right.
Greetings Sir,
Thank you for your feedback and for your thoughts.
Answering your questions:
- The 8 represents the 8 decks series and the heart represents how much we love the deck. Although this doesnt make a big significance as we dont make a big deal out of it, we consider it more as a reveal for magicians.
- There are different types of volcanoes, and we chose 2 types, one which is in the front where it is exploding and the other which is dormant and smaller and not consider as dangerous as the front volcano. We wanted to give the name of the deck a design implemented throughout the tuck and we found it cool if the name is formed from lava and as if coming out from the volcano. The seal is not shown yet, it covers the space without ashe and itll fill the missing space so you wont be finding it weird to have those ashes like this. I understand your point of view but once everything is revealed I think itll be much easier for you to judge on it.
-Thank you, I think you will love the red edition also and going to reveal everything soon.
Thank you we appreciate your feedback and support. I understand you want more custom details, I suggest you keep your eye on the deck as you might change your mind once you see the courts though not forcing you into anything. For the price, we have thought a lot about it and its gonna be as low as possible and with low shipping rates so everyone is able to buy it without hesitating about the price if they like the deck.
Aliasfour

Since you requested to show more details in the deck as we wanted to reveal later, we listen to you and share it earlier. Thank you and wish you like them. More reveals coming to the deck.
Ace Of Spades
Ace Of Spades
Foiled Back (idea)
Foiled Back (idea)
Red Fury
Red Fury
Attachments
Render
Render
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

I really like that AoS and the tuck box makes me smile. :D I'm okay with the contrast on the charcoal colored card back and I like the red card back. This looks like fun, I like fun. :) Are the courts fun? I'd imagine so and I'd like to see more. Something tells me the Jokers are probably great. Curious why the little volcanos aren't larger on the card back. I don't mind it, I like the negative space with the focal points. Framing with a contrasting color makes it approachable even when the card back is blendy with the volcano as we see on the charcoal back. ;) (by the by, the indices I see also look good.)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Aliasfour

Fes wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 am I really like that AoS and the tuck box makes me smile. :D I'm okay with the contrast on the charcoal colored card back and I like the red card back. This looks like fun, I like fun. :) Are the courts fun? I'd imagine so and I'd like to see more. Something tells me the Jokers are probably great. Curious why the little volcanos aren't larger on the card back. I don't mind it, I like the negative space with the focal points. Framing with a contrasting color makes it approachable even when the card back is blendy with the volcano as we see on the charcoal back. ;) (by the by, the indices I see also look good.)
Greetings Sir,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy that you like the artwork and you find it fun as we do. Thank you for talking about these small details that we focus on as the big details, we give them the same importance and on the size of the volcanos its just a personal choice, I had different decks with simple backs and I always loved the smaller design on the back than the larger. Since you requested to see the joker and the courts, happy to show reveal them.
Hearts Courts
Hearts Courts
Diamonds Courts
Diamonds Courts
Clubs Courts
Clubs Courts
Spades Courts
Spades Courts
Identical Jokers/ to be able to use for magic
Identical Jokers/ to be able to use for magic
AoC &amp; AoD
AoC & AoD
AoH &amp; AoS
AoH & AoS
Note: The jokers are identical for magic application.

Thank you in advance and we wish you enjoy them everybody.
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Personally, I really don’t like the courts. They look like something out of an edgier version of Caillou
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
Aliasfour

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:48 pm Personally, I really don’t like the courts. They look like something out of an edgier version of Caillou
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. Could you explain more for us what doesn't make you like them. I didn't understand what you mean by an edgier version of Caillou which is a cartoon theme and thats the type of work we are doing on the deck so I dont really get what you mean.
I wish you give us your full feedback about the whole deck, we are always happy to listen.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Yes, this is fun. The Joker holding the bucket of tomato sauce, nice. The poor bucket never stood a chance. :) I like these pips quite a bit. They're easy on the eyes and have the little detail that invite me to look for a moment longer without forcing me to do so and sacrificing at a glance recognition. (Just to point it out so you are aware. The King of Diamonds indices are for the KoH) I like these courts, they're fun particularly the King of Clubs. :) Good character loaded with charisma and action, very fun.

The King of Diamonds I feel is a bit out of place however given the detail on the other kings. His suit takes from the charisma of a leader in this visual medium and he feels a bit more like a Jack in my opinion. Perhaps allowing him to be in partial state of "suiting up" could show him to be the super hero of the suit that he is. I don't know but, yes, he feels to me as though he is a Jack and not a King.

It's an interesting take giving the King of Spades the Diamond and making the Ace of Spades out of Diamond. I'm curious how it went there. I think it works okay, the AoS is great and the AoD does not suffer for not having facets. The unusual effect it has is welcome in my opinion. There are a lot of folks who do not typically buy decks with courts in this style. I think there is visual interest here and adding a few small details like the Drone on the JoH enhances the appeal. :)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
Aliasfour

Fes wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:25 pm Yes, this is fun. The Joker holding the bucket of tomato sauce, nice. The poor bucket never stood a chance. :) I like these pips quite a bit. They're easy on the eyes and have the little detail that invite me to look for a moment longer without forcing me to do so and sacrificing at a glance recognition. (Just to point it out so you are aware. The King of Diamonds indices are for the KoH) I like these courts, they're fun particularly the King of Clubs. :) Good character loaded with charisma and action, very fun.

The King of Diamonds I feel is a bit out of place however given the detail on the other kings. His suit takes from the charisma of a leader in this visual medium and he feels a bit more like a Jack in my opinion. Perhaps allowing him to be in partial state of "suiting up" could show him to be the super hero of the suit that he is. I don't know but, yes, he feels to me as though he is a Jack and not a King.

It's an interesting take giving the King of Spades the Diamond and making the Ace of Spades out of Diamond. I'm curious how it went there. I think it works okay, the AoS is great and the AoD does not suffer for not having facets. The unusual effect it has is welcome in my opinion. There are a lot of folks who do not typically buy decks with courts in this style. I think there is visual interest here and adding a few small details like the Drone on the JoH enhances the appeal. :)
Hahaha thank you so much man. Yeah you're right on the bucket. :p
I noticed the indices and I didn't want to take the post out so people don't think I posted something bad or wanted to delete something. Glad you like the courts and we are happy that we are delivering what we wanted to deliver as to make these courts feel more in action and got a personality that defines every single one which was a hard to do with cartoon style.

I get your point on the king of diamonds, we tried implementing a job into each court and actually there wasn't a lot so we had to be creative and had to add an element of fun in there for those special gesture done on the KoD.

On the point of King of spades, its actually a crystal and I had thoughts about this that people might think it is a diamond but it doesn't give much because actually its a very low percentage to find diamonds in volcanoes, crystals are to be found way more often than diamonds in the volcanoes. I wish this point explains why we didn't make it as a king of diamond, it would have led toward it being a diamond and not a crystal. I understand that everyone got a style and this is definitely not for everyone. Im so thankful for noticing those details we put in and I really appreciate your feedback. I wish if you'd given a comment on the red back or the foiling idea, but again thank you on everything. <3