Bosch Playing Cards (Collector's Edition)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Bosch Playing Cards (Collector's Edition)

Unread post by guru »

All,

Bosch deck will be launched in approx. 2 weeks from today. Check this page to get notified of the launch.

As I said in the custom design thread, kickstarter campaign will be quite simple: one collector's edition deck with uncut sheet. No back or tuck change (similar to what will be there for Mythos). ...I've started feeling that what has been going at present in custom playing card world isn't right, and as change starts with each one of us, someone needs to start doing what feels right in this regard. This took more than a year, and I do hope it will still attract art & playing card collectors along with puzzle enthusiasts in the mix.

This deck requires very precise registration & so I am considering Legends Taiwan facility & have also reached out to Lotrek as his registration is top-notch. The tuck will have matte finish and embossing only (no foil), so it won't utilize Lotrek's fine foil related craftsmanship though, and I am yet to hear back from him.

Please feel free to share this link with other collectors that you know of, and who are not on UC.

sms69x
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Bosch Playing Cards (Collector's Edition) - Coming Soon

Unread post by sms69x »

guru wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:34 am As I said in the custom design thread, kickstarter campaign will be quite simple: one collector's edition deck with uncut sheet. No back or tuck change (similar to what will be there for Mythos). ...I've started feeling that what has been going at present in custom playing card world isn't right, and as change starts with each one of us, someone needs to start doing what feels right in this regard.
I'll be there for sure. Sunish is one of the finest guys on the playing card scheme these days. A truly great guy. And the quote above shows why.
Although the style is not for me, it looks good, but that's not my type of playing cards, you can count on me to help you bring this deck to life.

Best of lucks.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

This will be great and am really looking forward to it!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thanks guys.

Yes, this deck may not be for everyone similar to Bosch's work. It hits hard in mind and strangeness is the very essence of this art & the deck too.

Here is a prototype that shows almost perfect registration (check how close indices are to the edge across all cards).

shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Though I really like what I see so far, the one thing I actually don’t like is how close to the edges the indices are :?

Who will be printing this deck?
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

shermjack wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 pm Though I really like what I see so far, the one thing I actually don’t like is how close to the edges the indices are :?

Who will be printing this deck?
Either Legends or Lotrek as they are the only 2 who can achieve this almost perfect registration. Not aware of any third printer who can achieve this type of registration.
Ice_Panda
Player: Yes
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

This is right in my wheel house for sure! very artistic, can't wait!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thanks to 52 Wonders for reaching out and asking me to see if the name of the deck can infringe copyright of Bosch, the German engineering company. I didn't consider that and now have sent an email to Bosch Group. Not sure if I will ever get a reply but at least I've proactively reached out to them.

Secondly, someone reached out on IG asking why I'm not going to print this deck with USPC. I was in touch with USPC but they are unable to print this according to my requirements.

The uncut sheet has a specific layout and their current process doesn't allow the flexibility to change the layout from 8 cards per row to 9 cards in each row.

The below was their reply on two of the specific requirements for the Bosch deck.
This will print; however, we do want to make you aware that there will be a shift in cut registration even though this is a full bleed design. The design will not line up perfectly.
Regrettably, the way our cards are laid out on the sheet is how our printing and manufacturing machines operate and we are not able to change this layout.
I could find only 2 printers who are flexible enough and can change their file layout for this deck. This is one of the main reasons to go with Legends.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Wow.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Planning to launch it on 17th August 4 AM AEDT.

Here is the preview page which is still being updated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... =160a7c4f

The rewards, video etc. are pending and will be updated shortly.

As said, it is a simple project: 1 collector's edition deck, Uncut sheet and prints (stretch goal addons). Kickstarter exclusive edition will have an extra 55th card which will be available to the # of kickstarter backers only. Remaining decks won't have that extra 55th card which is inspired by the works of M.C. Escher & Hieronymus Bosch.
Ice_Panda

did the Launch time change for this?
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Ice_Panda wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 pm did the Launch time change for this?
Yes, it is. Still working on the page, updating the pics while talking to a printer on a quote for art prints.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

guru wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:29 pm
Ice_Panda wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 pm did the Launch time change for this?
Yes, it is. Still working on the page, updating the pics while talking to a printer on a quote for art prints.
Please give us fair warning on when you will launch...don't want to be late for the party :ugthink:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Jumping in to say I love this concept. I haven't collected in ages but decks like this make me reconsider. Will be keeping an eye on this.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

After seeing everything in the completed phase, say no more:

You_Son_of_a_Bitch,_I’m_In.jpg
You_Son_of_a_Bitch,_I’m_In.jpg (76.86 KiB) Viewed 13480 times
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Launch is in exactly an hour from now.

Free micro deck (NSFW tuck) for first 48 hours and exclusive to Kickstarter, so please don't miss it as I might close the offer earlier (after 500 micro decks are bagged).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... n=160a7c4f

Kickstarter exclusive 55th card as part of normal poker sized Collectotr's Edition deck....
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

It is live now....

shkorc

Unread post by shkorc »

Looks great, in for four :) Will def be adding an uncut sheet as well.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

shkorc wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:13 pm Looks great, in for four :) Will def be adding an uncut sheet as well.
Thanks @shkorc.

All - I've a question on the micro deck. My expectation was that 500 decks minimum will be grabbed but it appears that may not happen. This was based on my quote from MPC as well as the calculations around shipping etc. There are only a few printers who can do micro sized decks, MPC, WJPC come to mind.

Micro deck has explicit content on the tuck and there could be a few who won't like it. THis does make the deck different than the main Collector's edition.

Anyways, if I do not reach 500 decks limit by the end of 48 hours, should I offer it as an additional deck to be added to the pledge or should I extend the 48 hour limit? I want to do the former so that it rewards the early backers who are joining the project from the start. Suppose, I only get 200-250 backers by that time, which means the same number of micro decks will go to them. It will break my heart if I'd to ask MPC to destroy rest of the decks. I also don't want this deck to be available outside kickstarter.

Please advise. Appreciate any suggestions.
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

guru wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:22 pm
shkorc wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:13 pm Looks great, in for four :) Will def be adding an uncut sheet as well.
Thanks @shkorc.

All - I've a question on the micro deck. My expectation was that 500 decks minimum will be grabbed but it appears that may not happen. This was based on my quote from MPC as well as the calculations around shipping etc. There are only a few printers who can do micro sized decks, MPC, WJPC come to mind.

Micro deck has explicit content on the tuck and there could be a few who won't like it. THis does make the deck different than the main Collector's edition.

Anyways, if I do not reach 500 decks limit by the end of 48 hours, should I offer it as an additional deck to be added to the pledge or should I extend the 48 hour limit? I want to do the former so that it rewards the early backers who are joining the project from the start. Suppose, I only get 200-250 backers by that time, which means the same number of micro decks will go to them. It will break my heart if I'd to ask MPC to destroy rest of the decks. I also don't want this deck to be available outside kickstarter.

Please advise. Appreciate any suggestions.
My suggestion - reward the early backers with bigger pledges. Say give one extra to everyone with 12 or 6 decks.

A disclaimer - I pledged the same as @shkorc so won’t benefit from my own suggestion :)
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Thanks Supernova. I can do that during fulfillment without even declaring it. There are usually less number of backers in more than 6+ reward tier category. It won't solve the dilemma I am in.

It is quite funny btw. People don't understand the value when something gets offered for free. Only when you put a price, people start noticing but then they would have lost the free offer.
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

I would pay for additional micro decks.
Ice_Panda

I love this project. Probably my favorite KS this year. Kudos on this concept I can really see the amount of time and detail you put into this. It is so strange and interesting. I am most excited for the uncut and putting that up. My wife isn't into cards and she loves these! (which makes it very easy to over spend :D )
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

I'd be happy to add on a micro deck; currently not eligible for one since I'm pledging only one though. (thinning my deck expenses due to later moving plans)
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Bosch Playing Cards (Collector's Edition) -Live on KS

Unread post by RichK »

I'd say free for 48 hours, add on after that. I'd hate to lose it because I'm a 2 deck pledger. No free mini deck might push me to go down to just one deck.
Move on, nothing to see here.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

RichK wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:33 am I'd say free for 48 hours, add on after that. I'd hate to lose it because I'm a 2 deck pledger. No free mini deck might push me to go down to just one deck.
Hi Rich,

Yes, that's what I am planning too. I might offer the micro deck as an add-on after the 48 hours time limit is over. Even thinking to convert it to a mini-deck size as a stretch goal if sufficient enough decks are bagged. Let's see.

Regards,
Sunish
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

guru wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:52 am
RichK wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:33 am I'd say free for 48 hours, add on after that. I'd hate to lose it because I'm a 2 deck pledger. No free mini deck might push me to go down to just one deck.
Hi Rich,

Yes, that's what I am planning too. I might offer the micro deck as an add-on after the 48 hours time limit is over. Even thinking to convert it to a mini-deck size as a stretch goal if sufficient enough decks are bagged. Let's see.

Regards,
Sunish
I didn't realize micro was smaller than mini deck.
Move on, nothing to see here.
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

RichK wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:57 am
guru wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:52 am
Hi Rich,

Regards,
Sunish
I didn't realize micro was smaller than mini deck.
Yes, micro is small and looks more cute.

It doesn't increase the package size or weight much while shipping & cost to ship from Hong Kong to GW in US is still manageable.
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

I backed yesterday and didn't even notice the free gift. :lol: I had read the page just a day or so ago. Thanks for the gift Sunish, that's a very cool thing to do in the age of corona! :D (I do love me some micro deck goodness.)
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Can you do mini decks in addition to micro decks, and not as an upgrade? Also seconded on having it as an add-on (both micro and mini)
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.