Mods update/recast?

Have questions or comments about the site?
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Mods update/recast?

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

I had this conversation with some mods around here about this issue but not sure what we can do about it. There has been a few conflicts or disputes on the forum over the past year, but the modding seem increasingly nonexistent. I think it was about two months ago that I realized that if someone asked for duplicate threads to merge, it took like 3-4 days until someone fixed it.

Looking at our current Mod Team, more than half of the list aren't even active on the forum anymore. So... do we just keep it like this or what else could we as members expect?
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
BaconWise
Player: Yes
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Re: Mods update/recast?

Unread post by BaconWise »

I think we can all agree to remove Pierre and Pip. Just trouble. I think Tom should get a warning as well. :twisted:
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I concur with the first part :twisted: . I don't see why Tom should get a warning though, he's the Chosen One :ugthink: !
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but does a large number of inactive mod accounts not present a security risk?
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Outsider wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm Not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but does a large number of inactive mod accounts not present a security risk?
Don't know about security risk, but site administration would definitely be on the thin side :?
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I should probably remain impartial, but this is something I've seen happening for a while too. In the past few weeks I myself have not had much time for my mod responsibilities either, and I can only apologize and blame it on IRL-duties. I'll bring it up with the others and we'll probably agree on and implement a solution within a reasonable timeframe of 8-14 weeks :mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

TBH Pip, Allan, Tom, and Paul are the only note-worthy mod presences.

Mike has usually responded promptly if I've ever chosen to PM him.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

hiiiiiiiiiiiii... remember me? :ugthink: i'mmmmm baaaaaaccckk :ugthink: :ugdance:

Thanks teddy for the concern and I know we're pretty regularly in contact which I hella appreciate but I sincerely apologize to everyone else I haven't kept in contact with for being away for waaaaay too damn long from my beloved UC... to make a long story short, life just got a bit overwhelming and I needed to take a step back as to not get burnt out... but with my luck, then things got more overwhelming and I did end up getting burnt out anyways lol - yay me! [MURRAY] fml lol

Anyways, I'mma make a more serious commitment to be more active and engaged around here (damn has this place has become a dump lmao :ugthink: :P ) But seriously, I'mma be checking in and hope to ease back into being more engaged <3
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

PipChick wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am hiiiiiiiiiiiii... remember me? :ugthink: i'mmmmm baaaaaaccckk :ugthink: :ugdance:

Thanks teddy for the concern and I know we're pretty regularly in contact which I hella appreciate but I sincerely apologize to everyone else I haven't kept in contact with for being away for waaaaay too damn long from my beloved UC... to make a long story short, life just got a bit overwhelming and I needed to take a step back as to not get burnt out... but with my luck, then things got more overwhelming and I did end up getting burnt out anyways lol - yay me! [MURRAY] fml lol

Anyways, I'mma make a more serious commitment to be more active and engaged around here (damn has this place has become a dump lmao :ugthink: :P ) But seriously, I'mma be checking in and hope to ease back into being more engaged <3
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠