Wizard of Oz Tarot

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Wizard of Oz Tarot

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

Mockup 2 smaller.jpg
Mockup 1 smaller.jpg
Mockup 3 smaller.jpg
Mockup 4 smaller.jpg
The artwork is all finished for the Wizard of Oz Tarot deck. I'm just waiting for Titanic Tarot to be fulfilled before I launch it on Kickstarter. Titanic Tarot should start fulfillment at the end of this upcoming week or the week after. The first print run was destroyed during the foil edge process. They are currently producing a second batch now.
For Wizard of Oz, I was inspired by the Darkside of the Moon album. I thought about calling it the Darkside of Oz but after reading the books I decided it was already dark enough as it is. There's some pretty crazy stuff in the books.
Barclay Mountains Co.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Wizard of Oz Tarot

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Not a fan of the back to be honest. It leaves me wanting. The rest is pretty nice.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
markzero
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 58

Unread post by markzero »

Posting because I got an email that these are now available in his store.
Unless I missed another post, it looks like he didn't come back and post the KS? It's here, and from what I can tell the only setback to what was promised has been the logo on the wood box is not the color he wanted it. But he did announce to his backers he was starting to fulfill pledges already.
relative newbie that loves transformations, vintage, and oddities. stuff on Portfolio52
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

I'm not a tarot deck collector...but I feel like the design needs some weathering or something to give it age. It's really good artwork imo, but with the older movie, antique art style and vintage medium of tarot, it just seems too "clean."
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Received my decks and I gotta say, these really hit it out of the park. Very high quality of the cards, great illustrations, vibrant printing, an awesome booklet, and excellent gilding all combine to make for one of the best tarot decks in my collection. If you're looking for Christmas gift ideas and you think a tarot deck might fit the bill for someone on your list, you should consider this deck. Not only is it well worth the price, you'll be helping out a good guy.

You did a great job with this, Robert!
This space intentionally left blank.