Intellectual Playing Cards - KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Intellectual Playing Cards - KS

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I love how "not for everyone" becomes the new "with magicians, cardists and collectors in mind" ...
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy
Collector: Yes

Re: Intellectual Playing Cards - KS

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Utterly useless, especially when not even the correct pip count is on the face
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€γ€€-- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgyβ„’ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

β™  ♦ β€»Portfolio 52β€» β™₯ ♣
justplaycards
White Whale: Requiem Prototype 00
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by justplaycards »

Interesting idea. I usually like anything that helps get the grey matter working. I am not sure this format works though. It would make gameplay very slow and after a few whisky's impossible :lol:. Best of luck to them though.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

It's a novel idea and really outside of the box, but it unfortunately has no utility. Even as flash cards for educational purposes, they are lacking in that they are difficult to read. This one is a miss, for me.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Casual Pixels
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Casual Pixels »

Well, I can confirm that it's not for everyone by observing that it's definitely not for me.

Edit: And I do data analytics for a living so it's not that I'm unable to handle all that advanced mathematics...
OVSUB
White Whale: Someone to love
Decks Owned: 51

Unread post by OVSUB »

Big Brain? Well they did say not for everyone.
Life is fickle...
We live to die or rather we are dying to live.
MSimonart

Unread post by MSimonart »

Quickly glanced at the cards, then closed the window. It's a no. And I hate the title. It doesn't mean anything and feels arrogant. If you can give me your definition of intellect, I'll let you use that word. But the fact I need to ask for a definition already means it's not a good title. I just hate that word 'intellectual'. It doesn't pinpoint anything specific. You could be able to calculate 5444 * 134 in 3 seconds, but If you can't see your wife isn't feeling well and what you could do to make her feel better, you're a dumb motherf. Intellectual could mean people who have a certain potential to do some things. Who the f*ck cares about potential. It's the people able to do something with what they have, the ones fulfilling their potential, whatever that potential is, that are smart. Intellect for me is not what you can think of, it's how you're able to translate what you think of into some kind of action, into something that means something for someone. I have much more respect for the intellect of someone being able to flee his country in war through boat then a scholarly genius who's still in front of his white page, unable to write because he can't stop thinking he feels bad to be a human. I'm sorry, I'm ranting, but really, why intellectual?? It really is the worst title ever, except if the deck would be some kind of critique or viewpoint on the subject.

I just mainly mean that I hate the word 'intellect' is constantly related to a form of objectif potentiality. Why doesn't his deck incorporate mind puzzles which have a sense of unknown to them, just like in the real world. There isn't any good or bad answer, you just have to come as close to the thruth as possible with the elements you get. It would be cool to have a deck which has some moral dilemmas in them, but where an answer can be given because some elements would guide you to that answer. A deck with one such dillemma, but spread accross the deck are elements which give you a context about the dilemma. It's up to you to find them and only make a decission once you feel you have gathered enough info/context. That's intellectual for me. You would make a difference between those who need to have found every element before making their decision, and those who would act more impulsively. You then could make a difference in what people would do, given the info they gathered. If one would say he wants to change his answer because he didn't find one of the elements, that would tell something about his intellectuality. He still preferred to give an answer although he should laybe have searched for more elements beforehand. You could have people who wouldn't want to make a choice. You could have people that look so much for every little element that ultimately they forget to give an answer. That for me would be a deck that translates intellectuality. It would put people in a real world situation, not in some kind of objectif situation where there is a right and wrong answer, because that's not where intellectuality is best translated

Or just make a deck about brain games and call it that.
EvilDuncan
White Whale: Heretic Gran Riserva S + Sb
Decks Owned: 1100

Unread post by EvilDuncan »

Also on the tuck it just says "Intel", which is just a little too close to "incel" for my taste. Everything about these is awful, personally.
I've spent way more than I care to admit on playing cards, but I'll still buy just about anything that Lorenzo, Jackson, or Gio make.
Harvonsgard

What a rant, haha. I definitely agree that the name plus the claim "not for everyone" reads pretty pretentious and kinda condescending. I would have saved my words though for a deck that is at least well designed and not some useless crap.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
MSimonart

Unread post by MSimonart »

Harvonsgard wrote:What a rant, haha. I definitely agree that the name plus the claim "not for everyone" reads pretty pretentious and kinda condescending. I would have saved my words though for a deck that is at least well designed and not some useless crap.
Haha I agree, but it is an interesting subject. So even if the deck is crap, at least it had the merit to open a debate within myself that I found interesting. But next time I'll just remeber to keep these debates within myself... ;)
Harvonsgard

I didn't mean to discourage you. It is an interesting topic (social intelligence vs. academical intellect) indeed, far more interesting than this deck. A bit of a rabbit hole topic though since a lot is depending on how someone wants to define terms.
It was just a funny observation from my side, to see you putting more effort in your post than it appears to be put in this deck :) .

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Creator may want to research the definition of "intellectual"... This ain't it.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
RΓ€pylΓ€tassu wrote:"TyhmyydestΓ€ sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
β™₯ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ β™