Fontaine Futures

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Leo_100
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Jerry-s Nugget
Decks Owned: 360

Fontaine Futures

Unread post by Leo_100 »

http://www.fontainecards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This guy keeps selling like crazy.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Fontaine Futures

Unread post by Justin O. »

Tried to get a brick, cart changed to sold out during transaction. Went back to get a few single packs, cart changed to sold out during transaction. Still incredibly frustrated with stores that don't hold your order while checking out.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

I'm only interested in the Floral deck, I'll just wait for one on eBay (or if someone here ends up with one they don't want, just send it to me... :uggrin: )
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

Well if anyone was lucky enough to pick up several and would be willing to part with a few close to cost I would greatly appreciate parrots or florals
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
CommentNameHere

Unread post by CommentNameHere »

Check out socal.playing.cards on IG. He got a few bricks at CCon and got a few complete sets he sold.
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Plus on Socal's IG story, he said he'll do a complete set giveaway once he gets them! Also this time Zach put a limit of 36 decks per buyer and it still sold out in 4 minutes! Bricks sold out in 2 min. Amazing. Only JR and Lotrek manages to sell out that fast, but that's only cuz they sell hundred plus or less. Zach's by the 10k!
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Justin O. wrote:Well if anyone was lucky enough to pick up several and would be willing to part with a few close to cost I would greatly appreciate parrots or florals
+1

Parrots and Floral are the only ones I‘m interrested in. The other ones are either whack (Window, Polka) of just meh (Glitch, 500).
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Eric Lee wrote:Plus on Socal's IG story, he said he'll do a complete set giveaway once he gets them! Also this time Zach put a limit of 36 decks per buyer and it still sold out in 4 minutes! Bricks sold out in 2 min. Amazing. Only JR and Lotrek manages to sell out that fast, but that's only cuz they sell hundred plus or less. Zach's by the 10k!
Do we actually know he sells/releases that many at a time? Sounds very implausible. I’m not saying it isn’t possible, but does he actually state print run quantities, how many are released etc? Have anyone done the max cart trick at the time of release?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Harvonsgard

What does it matter anyways?

For the part with print runs; fontaines always have the print run numbers on the bottom. Futures have the numbers of every edition on the bag aswell. I think they were 10,500 in total. If you minus the ones he already sold at CC, minus the ones he keeps/gifts at f&f. Maybe 9,000 sold max yesterday? Not really a outstanding number if you count in the high demand for them.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

It is awesome that the can pull so much money out of the playing card community. Hopefully that drains others so they don't compete with me for really great decks. Still no fontaines in my collection. I hope to keep it that way.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Eric Lee wrote:Plus on Socal's IG story, he said he'll do a complete set giveaway once he gets them! Also this time Zach put a limit of 36 decks per buyer and it still sold out in 4 minutes! Bricks sold out in 2 min. Amazing. Only JR and Lotrek manages to sell out that fast, but that's only cuz they sell hundred plus or less. Zach's by the 10k!
Do we actually know he sells/releases that many at a time? Sounds very implausible. I’m not saying it isn’t possible, but does he actually state print run quantities, how many are released etc? Have anyone done the max cart trick at the time of release?
Well, he was four years ago: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015 ... y-con-2015
Two years ago, he manufactured 2,500 red Fontaine decks, which sold out quickly and now fetch $150 a deck (he claims) on eBay. For his next set, blue-backed Fontaines, he upped the run to 15,000 decks. Mueller sold 9,000 decks at $12 each on Kickstarter, and the remaining 6,000 on his website for $15 a deck. You do the math.
This guy has figured out a way to make a ton of money with cardistry and card decks, how can I hate that? :uggrin:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
tapunan

Unread post by tapunan »

I actually wanted to buy 36 decks but wasn't even to buy even one. Just went too fast.

Zach is a master of his branding. It's true that there were 10,500 blind decks but this is 6 different varieties. One of them only have 500 prints so similar to some of Lotreks releases. The genius is in the way he sold them - via the blind packs. Now from a collectors point of view - you have several levels of selling - 12 inside the complimentary limited edition brick boxes (only 280 released), after that is the blind packaging, after that if someone opens is the unopened card. You can see them in each of them in eBay now.

His cards are like the Air Jordans of shoes (or whatever limited editions shoes the young ones go crazy for).

To be honest, I first started collecting playing cards bec I wanted to learn how to shuffle (like in the movies) - Zachs videos at the time were what I studied the most - probably why he's popular. I bought some Fontaines, then Virtuoso cards then collected lots of stuff and now I'm collecting cards by Lotrek.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I want to puke on these.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Harvonsgard

theCapraAegagrus wrote:I want to puke on these.
Maybe this is why they are extra sealed? :lol:

STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

tapunan wrote: The genius is in the way he sold them - via the blind packs.

His cards are like the Air Jordans of shoes
Genius? I don't know about that. It's great for him I suppose because if you want all 6 decks you might have to buy 2 bricks instead of 6. For playing cards, I think this mystery bag bs is just a cheap trick for a money grab and I really hope that does not catch on with other companies. It might be fine for little 1 dollar mystery toys but for this market it's a transparently bs gimmick to get more of those decks sold. Whatever, I guess, I'm not the moron buying a brick in hopes of one shit deck that has only 500 of these made printed on them.

Like air Jordan's? I suppose if you mean horrible looking and ridiculously over priced.

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

hsbc wrote: Well, he was four years ago: https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015 ... y-con-2015
Two years ago, he manufactured 2,500 red Fontaine decks, which sold out quickly and now fetch $150 a deck (he claims) on eBay. For his next set, blue-backed Fontaines, he upped the run to 15,000 decks. Mueller sold 9,000 decks at $12 each on Kickstarter, and the remaining 6,000 on his website for $15 a deck. You do the math.
This guy has figured out a way to make a ton of money with cardistry and card decks, how can I hate that? :uggrin:
For cardist Zach Mueller, a 19-year-old living in Los Angeles, his business takes a page from the music industry. On his site, fontainecards.com, Mueller offers cardistry-technique videos for free. Those tutorials serve as a commercial for his designer playing cards, which, Mueller says, gross six figures a year. Think of it as an indie band offering free mp3 downloads to entice listeners to buy T-shirts and posters, the real moneymakers.

Mueller’s business has proved so successful he’s now in the position of sponsoring up-and-coming cardists. At Cardistry-Con, he launched a pilot program in which every month, he’ll spotlight a new cardistry talent. Mueller will help edit the performance and tutorial videos, provided the sponsor recipient uses Fontaine cards exclusively for one month. In exchange: the rising cardist gets exposure to Mueller’s 33,000 YouTube subscribers, free Fontaine-branded clothing, two dozen sets of playing cards, and most importantly, $100. “I want a kid to get sponsored,” he said, “then go home and tell mom and dad, ‘I got paid to do cardistry.’”
Thanks for the link. Interesting read. Nice to see that he's giving back to the community by sponsoring upcoming talent. Tutorials are still free and sponsors new cardists like athletes from sportswear companies.