Seafarers Deck by Joker and the Thief coming soon to KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Seafarers Deck by Joker and the Thief coming soon to KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

Per latest KS update for Joker and the Thief Playing Cards: Edition 2:
In the Kickstarter downtime, we are hard at work improving every aspect of Joker and the Thief, getting our name out there, and working on... what's that?... yes - New Projects...

Let us leave you with this photograph, and the name VOYAGERS.
STLBluesNut

Re: Voyagers Deck by Joker and the Thief coming soon to KS

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

Being a submariner, years ago, I appreciate a nice nautical theme. This appeals to me so far. I look forward to seeing the faces and the tuck.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Interesting since here is a teaser pic posted a few days ago from Theory 11's IG of a deck that's set to be released this Friday (05/10) which also appears to be named "VOYAGER":

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

PipChick wrote:Interesting since here is a teaser pic posted a few days ago from Theory 11's IG of a deck that's set to be released this Friday (05/10) which also appears to be named "VOYAGER":
I can only assume this is a coincidence since the T11 deck isn't plural. I wonder if J&T will change their title now?
ICantShuffle
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

I remember hearing about the J&T Voyagers deck, I think the update was from a few days before this thread was posted. I also saw the T11 deck teaser, but it wasn't on IG. Or, maybe the end of year work schedule I'm on is finally messing with my head.

In any case, from the back design, I think I like J&T's voyagers better, but like a good obsessive compulsive, I'll probably get both.

I know that J&T have been getting a lot of flak for rereleases, but I like their designs a lot. Dystopia was amazing, Maidens was solid, and their original J&T is a classic. I'm excited for Voyagers.
PipChick

vasta41 wrote:
PipChick wrote:Interesting since here is a teaser pic posted a few days ago from Theory 11's IG of a deck that's set to be released this Friday (05/10) which also appears to be named "VOYAGER":
I can only assume this is a coincidence since the T11 deck isn't plural. I wonder if J&T will change their title now?
yea very, very coincidental and it seems to me that they really ought to consider doing so; it's waaay too similar and it really doesn't help that the campaign for their "VOYAGER" deck is announced to launch so close to the date of T11's newest "VOYAGERS" release... :?

akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

the back reminds me HMNIM
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

the back reminds me HMNIM
It's the Octopus, but, yeah, I liked the HMNIM deck a lot, too.
PipChick

akicer wrote:the back reminds me HMNIM
yea, I thought so too when I first saw it; not necessarily because only the back design of the two decks are too similar, but rather I think it's mostly because of similarity of the octopus motif that feels most reminiscent of HMNIM for me... :?
Joker and the Thief
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Cardist: Yes

Re: Voyagers Deck by Joker and the Thief coming soon to KS (

Unread post by Joker and the Thief »

Hey everyone! Thanks for the positive feedback on our new deck Voyagers.

To answer whether we’ll be changing the title, the answer is a solid NO. We announced our Voyagers well before theory11 did. It just turned out that we were both developing a deck with the same name. So no foul play and best of luck to T11 :) From the looks of it, theory11 is going in a different direction thematically where ours is very traditionally nautical.

Aaaaanyway. There’s way more to come, so be sure to keep an eye out. As always with our flagship decks, they’re 100% custom. And that said we are also developing another 2 original projects but you’ll start to see those towards the end of the year.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Voyagers Deck by Joker and the Thief coming soon to KS (

Unread post by vasta41 »

Joker and the Thief wrote:Hey everyone! Thanks for the positive feedback on our new deck Voyagers.

To answer whether we’ll be changing the title, the answer is a solid NO. We announced our Voyagers well before theory11 did. It just turned out that we were both developing a deck with the same name. So no foul play and best of luck to T11 :) From the looks of it, theory11 is going in a different direction thematically where ours is very traditionally nautical.

Aaaaanyway. There’s way more to come, so be sure to keep an eye out. As always with our flagship decks, they’re 100% custom. And that said we are also developing another 2 original projects but you’ll start to see those towards the end of the year.
Hey, Amy: I hate to say "I told you so" but
:D
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

1.jpg
1.jpg (168.83 KiB) Viewed 8470 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (180.43 KiB) Viewed 8470 times
Once again, don't know how to make instagram pics instantly visible, mods work your magic!
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Räpylätassu wrote:Once again, don't know how to make instagram pics instantly visible, mods work your magic!
Done. Liking this!
Räpylätassu

This deck launches on 1st of June. USPCC printing. I know that the Joker and the Thiefs cotton bag fiasco was really a low-point, but still this will be a rather nice deck again so backing for just for decks might be something to consider. Might not be smart to back anything fancy though, like any possible wooden boxes :lol: :lol:

Mods do your magic and make that instagram picture show instantly.
Last edited by MagikFingerz on Mon May 13, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Your wish has been granted!

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Räpylätassu wrote:This deck launches on 1st of June. USPCC printing. I know that the Joker and the Thiefs cotton bag fiasco was really a low-point, but still this will be a rather nice deck again so backing for just for decks might be something to consider. Might not be smart to back anything fancy though, like any possible wooden boxes :lol: :lol:
This deck looks incredible but I am really torn on this one. Despite the earlier fiasco, those cards looked amazing and I have them on my P52 wishlist. However, I am hesitant to support them after how they handled the bait-and-switch. It was a shitty cotton bag with some great decks but the way they handled the situation was unacceptable. Do these Voyagers look incredible? Absolutely. I may be able to get a cool nautical-themed deck in league with HMNIM without paying a fortune. Will I be supporting those assclowns? Yes.

I will probably skip the campaign, then add to my wishlist to grab on the secondary market, like with the J&T cards. Then they aren't getting my direct support, at least. Should this be a hard pass, considering their campaign history? Tell me what to think, people!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I feel the same way. The deck looks amazing, but I don’t want to support these guys directly on their KS. Maybe somewhere down the line I will pick it up from a reseller or in a trade.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
Calypso

Unread post by Calypso »

They aren't getting a dime from me.
STLBluesNut

I think these look great as well, also torn on supporting or not. Unfortunately, they get the same amount of money whether you back the KS or aftermarket, you just pay a mark up to the secondary seller, may even turn out to be a big one.

So I think my decision would be to back on KS or never. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

That tuck does look nice... I'll probably pick one up. Any more antics from J+T though and they're blacklisted for me
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

My views might not be welcomed here but I love the design, and J&T really delivers on the details every single time. Since the aftermarket price of their decks are often pricier, I might end up backing these, just waiting for the campaign tiers to show what will be the final amount.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
rorschach

Unread post by rorschach »

Decknowledgy wrote:My views might not be welcomed here but I love the design, and J&T really delivers on the details every single time. Since the aftermarket price of their decks are often pricier, I might end up backing these, just waiting for the campaign tiers to show what will be the final amount.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but they contract out all the artwork for all their decks to a third party artist (can't recall a name offhand).
Decknowledgy

rorschach wrote:
Decknowledgy wrote:My views might not be welcomed here but I love the design, and J&T really delivers on the details every single time. Since the aftermarket price of their decks are often pricier, I might end up backing these, just waiting for the campaign tiers to show what will be the final amount.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but they contract out all the artwork for all their decks to a third party artist (can't recall a name offhand).
You're right, I could confirm this with the Maidens deck, the artist was Kentaro Yoshida instead of them
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52
STLBluesNut

Decknowledgy wrote: J&T really delivers on the details every single time
Except... that one time hehe. 60% of the time, they deliver every time.

Sent from my Galaxy 8 using Tapatalk
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

This space intentionally left blank.
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

I backed 3 campaigns from J&T and i always got the correct rewards (no i wasn't in the collector box tier of their last campaign), so i'm in again.
Maybe i'm not making friends here now & i feel sorry for the 65 backers (of almost 800 backers) of the limited box set who didn't get what they were promised. And yes, J&T's attitude wasn't ok. But i still think they deserve another chance. Remember the Legal Tender disaster like 2 years ago ? Many of the people who pulled JR into the dirt are now satisfied subscription members and praise him....
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Azid wrote:I backed 3 campaigns from J&T and i always got the correct rewards (no i wasn't in the collector box tier of their last campaign), so i'm in again.
Maybe i'm not making friends here now & i feel sorry for the 65 backers (of almost 800 backers) of the limited box set who didn't get what they were promised. And yes, J&T's attitude wasn't ok. But i still think they deserve another chance. Remember the Legal Tender disaster like 2 years ago ? Many of the people who pulled JR into the dirt are now satisfied subscription members and praise him....
The difference between J&T and JR is that JR re-engaged with the community and has been a serious contributor to the forum since then. I don't see J&T doing that, but if they do, maybe I will give them a second chance. Until then, I will sit this one out and enjoy from the sidelines...probably pick one up in the after market if anything.
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
LasVegasCards
Decks Owned: 156

Unread post by LasVegasCards »

shermjack wrote:
Azid wrote:I backed 3 campaigns from J&T and i always got the correct rewards (no i wasn't in the collector box tier of their last campaign), so i'm in again.
The difference between J&T and JR is that JR re-engaged with the community and has been a serious contributor to the forum since then. I don't see J&T doing that, but if they do, maybe I will give them a second chance. Until then, I will sit this one out and enjoy from the sidelines...probably pick one up in the after market if anything.
As a new UC poster was / is J&T active here. Just ignore if this is a rabbit hole not worth going down. Not looking to start anything.
CupcakeBaron

Unread post by CupcakeBaron »

LasVegasCards wrote:
shermjack wrote:
As a new UC poster was / is J&T active here. Just ignore if this is a rabbit hole not worth going down. Not looking to start anything.
As far as I've seen they used to be active in threads for their decks but I can't really recall seeing them posting elsewhere. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Räpylätassu

They have changed the name to Seafarers.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Decknowledgy

I just don't understand with so many decks applying the giant squid, why won't anyone name their decks "KRAKEN"?

Such a badass name for a deck...
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)

Portfolio 52