Beginner Cardistry/ Nemo's Intro

Show us how good you are with your hands...
c4pt.N3mo
White Whale: Virtuoso
Decks Owned: 3

Beginner Cardistry/ Nemo's Intro

Unread post by c4pt.N3mo »

Hey guys! I'm new to UnitedCardists as well as cardistry in general. I'm gonna make this my introduction as well as my own topic thing :D So, I don't make decks, I would like to consider myself a collector, but due to me only having 3 decks, I wouldn't consider myself one :| Now for the questions... I have youtube'd a bunch of beginner cardistry moves, but all the flourishes or cuts are WAY too hard for me, 1. Any cuts or flourishes that I should start off with? 2. What is the best deck that I should use for flourishes that don't cost a fortune? 3. The current decks I have are super stiff and I'm finding it difficult to even bend the whole deck at ones (with one hand), how do I make it more flexible? 4. Best (unbiased) place to buy decks from? Any and all feed back will be muchly appreciated!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Beginner Cardistry/ Nemo's Intro

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Welcome, Nemo!

1. I'd recommend looking around in the Training Ground section. Here's a recent thread that asked the same question :)

2. Any cheap USPCC printed decks are probably your best bet, most notably Bicycle Riderbacks.

3. Knowing how to do springs and shuffles will eventually make this easier over time, but for now the only thing you can try is to bend them back and forth in every way, making sure you always do it an equal amount each way. But without knowing what type of cards it is, I can't say if it'll work or not. This is also something that may shorten the decks lifespan, so be aware of that.

4. Another recent thread from the Training Ground here.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki