Lost all my XP?!?

General discussion about the Playing Card Database.
Announcements and updates wil lalso be posted here.

Moderator: Playing Card DB Mod

TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Lost all my XP?!?

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

So i recently discovered that my XP number (which had been over a thousand) had somehow been reset. ANy idea why? Thanks
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
flyers3003
Player: Yes
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Re: Lost all my XP?!?

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Might've happened during the recent update? I haven't really been paying attention to my XP anymore. I know at one time it affected the ability to have the Wishlist and Tradelist visible, but if you're still seeing those, I would imagine this is kind of a low priority issue overall.
buttonsHT
Decks Owned: 22

Unread post by buttonsHT »

Noticed yesterday after adding some new decks that mine was only at 7. I can't remember what it was before but it was definitely higher than that.
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

I didn't have that much to begin with, but my XP's gone too.

EDIT: Which is even weirder, now that I look, considering the badge/action history is still there:
p52_xploss.png
IAmTheChin
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by IAmTheChin »

TheGentlemanWake wrote:So i recently discovered that my XP number (which had been over a thousand) had somehow been reset. ANy idea why? Thanks
The past update was a platform wide update that increased security for all servers but forced them all to reset, P52 included. I believe that may have reset the XP as flyers mentioned. Since the badge/history is still there I think I might be able to get it back up along with the other builds for the year. P52 is still small enough right now where I don't have a developer on retainer that can check in on the site consistently. I sort of accumulate a build list and once a year pay for a round for a round of updates and new features.
flyers3003 wrote:I know at one time it affected the ability to have the Wishlist and Tradelist visible
The original idea of the XP was to help track engagement and possibly unlock new features. The new build for 2018 was to hopefully implement a fuller system for this to help reward those who helped keep quality control higher on the site. This being said this site originally had XP when it was PlayingCardDB which goals were different than the one implemented on P52 which sort of confused everything including the point structure for the same actions between platforms.

To be completely honest because the XP hasn't had any redeemable value yet which is why I'm considering maybe changing up the UX to possibly eliminate it all together in lieu of visual badges people can track instead or at the very least resetting the XP to a more standardized system with a public video introduction on how the new system would work so people don't freak out.

TLDR; XP points may mean something in the future but right now it's just a fun ticker that won't affect your experience on the site.
Manage Your Collections with
http://www.Portfolio52.com

Every collection starts somewhere. Start your saga. Start with Seasons.
http://www.SeasonsPlayingCards.com
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

In looking at my record more carefully a few days ago, I noticed the system still can show me all of my events and the associated points, it just is only accumulating after a certain point, likely when you did the update. The data is still there to fix the accumulator, but getting it fixed might not be that easy if you aren’t a programmer.