Luna Moon, Helius Sun & Esther Star Playing Cards live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Luna Moon, Helius Sun & Esther Star Playing Cards live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

My brotha already got me those decks but here we go... I think they look pretty cool

kulidone

Re: Luna Moon Playing Cards Printed By USPCC live on KS

Unread post by kulidone »

I love the deck, but I am not very pleased that you cant buy Standard or Deluxe Edition separately. Also they are saying that Standard Edition is (going to be) 20$ at retail price and thats too much for a deck like that imo.
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

Bocopo is cranking out decks like crazy these days and I'm loving every minute of it. They tend to be affordable, nicely done and delivered quickly.

With an innovative tuck like this deck has, most creators would be demanding huge sums of money for it, but this deck is entirely affordable. I love when a big company uses its economy of scale in order to offer something really cool affordably rather than just boosting their profits. Similar to the gold rarebits having foil card backs but being priced at the same level as other theory eleven decks.

Happy to see them move on from the flood of "cardistry" decks they were producing the last few months as well. Not that those are bad, I did back quite a few and like them a lot but it was getting repetitive.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

That tuck is gorgeous, incredible really, but I don't buy decks for their tucks so I'll have to pass considering the cards, I hate the back design too much.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

The odd thing is that the Ace of Spades looks like an Ace of Diammonds!
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

sms69x wrote:The odd thing is that the Ace of Spades looks like an Ace of Diammonds!
Other than this, I don't think there's any criticism that I have of this deck. Everything looks great.

I'm in for 2 + 2.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Well I suck. I skimmed over the pictures, saw this one:
...and thought that the upper-right and lower-left edges were cut at exaggerated angles. That was enough for me to not be interested. Upon further review I now see that it's just black ink and I missed out on the EBs. Oh well, I'll keep checking back.
Kardeck
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Kardeck »

Work on Shape is amazing... Congratulations, that's true art :D
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

first of all I'm a Bocopo hater. but I did back a set because I'm curious about the tuck - which might also turn me down when I get the real thing...

IMO Bocopo never did a good job in designing cards, especially faces. All their previous deck are branded with 'cardistry' and their focus was on colorful back design and nothing else - design was cheap. Obviously they have some good idea about the tuck box and that's why this project is the only one I back, and again only for curiosity.
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

vasta41 wrote:Well I suck. I skimmed over the pictures, saw this one:
...and thought that the upper-right and lower-left edges were cut at exaggerated angles. That was enough for me to not be interested. Upon further review I now see that it's just black ink and I missed out on the EBs. Oh well, I'll keep checking back.
I think those corners are genius. They will set off cascades and waterbends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

They really put a lot of thought into this deck for cardistry purposes. The back design is twin tipped with a circular element in the center, and on the front the blackened corners and copper bars on the side will produce great face-out reverse fans. USPCC printing means the handling will be excellent. Personally, I think the tuck is gimmicky. It'll be cool to fan out the box the first dozen times, but after that I think the novelty will wear off. I play with the cards, not the tuck. But I give them a lot of credit for thinking outside the (tuck) box on this innovation, and even with the tuck all closed, you'll still get a nice mulit-layered 3D effect, kind of like embossing on steroids. Its a shame they only sell these in pairs, I'd like to get just one tricked out tuck and multiple standard decks because I think this could be a great user deck for cardists. All in all definitely a worthy deck for the collection and they deserve all the success they're experiencing on KS with the Luna Moon deck.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Yeah, I mostly hate Bocopopo, too. But, those darkened corners really draw me in. I'm in for a couple.

Sigh.

Really. I was just swearing to myself yesterday that I'm done with this whole hobby.
This space intentionally left blank.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Over 730 backers and $45k pledged already. The 74 set tier is sold out with three backers at a mere $1,728 for that pledge tier! That is starting with a bang!

This is just his second Kickstarter, with the first being the Skateboard deck (I passed on it).

I just gave up my EB to stretch for a brick with a signed uncut tuck (which are nearly gone). My vacated EB vanished in a flash.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

So... all of a sudden, none of the rewards are available any longer. What happened?
This space intentionally left blank.
Bradius

Re: Luna Moon Playing Cards Printed By USPCC live on KS (wap

Unread post by Bradius »

Now I just saw it is shut down. My tier closed at 39 backers and just five slots open on a one set tier. Not sure what is going on.
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

rousselle wrote: Really. I was just swearing to myself yesterday that I'm done with this whole hobby.
Man let me take care of your rare decks for you then :)
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I thought that custom playing cards were hitting a heavy quality downswing (while quantity seemingly rose). Last year I only pledged for 8 Kickstarter projects and bought only a handful of other decks released elsewhere. I have already pledged for 8 Kickstarter projects in the first 10 weeks this year!

As previously mentioned, the tuck will lose its novelty to the owner after a while, but the cards look great.

Edit: I tried to do the mental math. They may have 'sold' all of the available/5,000 decks (hence closed tiers).
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Luna Moon Playing Cards Printed By USPCC live on KS (wap

Unread post by vasta41 »

Bradius wrote:Now I just saw it is shut down. My tier closed at 39 backers and just five slots open on a one set tier. Not sure what is going on.
Maybe they didn't anticipate the popularity and can't keep up with the high demand for some reason?
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Kevin responded to my question in the Campaign comments. He had said it would be limited to 2,500 decks and he estimated that they had already sold out, so he had to shut it down. He did mention stretch goal coming. Further announcement in about two hours.

Wow, I was the last person the sign up for my tier.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Not sure why they would limit it to 2500 if they are able to sell more.

I was on the fence about this, guess the decision was taken for me :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
kulidone

Unread post by kulidone »

Bradius wrote:Kevin responded to my question in the Campaign comments. He had said it would be limited to 2,500 decks and he estimated that they had already sold out, so he had to shut it down. He did mention stretch goal coming. Further announcement in about two hours.

Ye he said that it would be limited to 2,500 decks, but not both version together, but 2,500 decks each. Which means it should be 5,000 decks in total I did some quick math and they sold around 2,800 decks.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Yeah, I think you are right. I am estimating 1,500 of each deck sold. 1,500 sets at $30 pet set (including shipping) is $45,000. Maybe he will announce how the remaining decks will be sold. Maybe he had some already committed. Still, thanks for checking the math.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

Just got an update from the campaign. All decks sold out.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

MagikFingerz wrote:Not sure why they would limit it to 2500 if they are able to sell more.

I was on the fence about this, guess the decision was taken for me :roll:
I'm going to guess that the complexities of the tuck box construction is what is limiting these decks to 2500 sets. One thing that is a bit of a shame is that the impressiveness of the tuck box is over-shadowing the fact that the Luna Moon deck is actually an excellent deck for cardistry.
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

For those who were not able to pledge, Kevin did send an update to the backers with news of a new deck that will be added to the campaign. 650% Funded! Completely Sold OUT !

"The bad news is both the Classic and Deluxe Edition Luna Moon Playing Cards are completely SOLD OUT! We have enough inventory for all the backers so far, so you do not have to worry about not getting the deck at all. We will ship your decks with your add-ons (If you have any) quickly and securely before the end of April. Since I promised only 5000 decks will be printed, I am going to keep my promise. All the Luna Moon decks have completely sold out in 26 Hours!!! Congratulations to all the backer, you made it.

From this point on, you can not add on any more Luna Moon Playing Cards to your pledge. That being said, you can decrease your pledge if you wish. Please keep in mind that the Luna Moon Playing Cards will not be reprinted. There is an exceedingly high demand for this deck in the community. Once you decrease your pledge, you can not raise it back. Please think carefully after you make the decision.

And now, the Good News. We are beyond surprised that Luna Moon sold out in only 26 hours! Since there is a really high demand for this deck, we believe that the value of the deck will go up. Therefore, for every single one of our backers, We will award you a Paper Certificate for owning the Luna Moon Playing Cards. Each Certificate is numbered and hand signed by Kevin Yu. We put our heart and soul into this deck and we thank you for your appreciation!

The Next BIG News: (Stretch Goal)

But did you think our Kickstarter is going to end here ? No way! There is something better waiting for you. To celebrate the success of the Luna Moon Playing Cards, we will launch a Deck that we didn’t even plan on releasing to the public. This new deck will come with Classic and Deluxe Edition as well and in a similar fashion ! When you see it, you will love it just as much as the Luna Moon set. We will leak the name and back design tomorrow at 9 pm EST. Take a guess at the Name of the deck, and for the first person who gets it right, we will gift you a free set. Good Luck everyone!

A little hint: The name of the deck is similar to Luna Moon but don’t worry, it’s not Moon again."
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I agree that the tuck design is overshadowing the card design. However, given the response, I have to think many are impressed with the cards too. I certainly am excited about the card design.

I am not wild about another version being added to this campaign though. I am tapped out! Give me a break designers. I need to find a buyer for my other kidney!
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

kulidone wrote:
Bradius wrote:Kevin responded to my question in the Campaign comments. He had said it would be limited to 2,500 decks and he estimated that they had already sold out, so he had to shut it down. He did mention stretch goal coming. Further announcement in about two hours.

Ye he said that it would be limited to 2,500 decks, but not both version together, but 2,500 decks each. Which means it should be 5,000 decks in total I did some quick math and they sold around 2,800 decks.
A good portion of the decks were presold in China before the KS campaign began (which is where I picked up my decks) and that is why there are only approx 2,800 decks available on the KS project. ;)
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
badpete69

The Helios decks pledge tiers are now open

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

No mention of add ons... hmm?
badpete69

Just add-on the equivalent price to your pledge level.. He's probably writing the update right now and all noob pledgers over there are having a coniption hahahaha