Muertos - Day of the Dead Playing Cards (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Muertos - Day of the Dead Playing Cards (KS)

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

montecarlojoe wrote:I was really tempted in Pokemon "gotta have em all" kind of way. But then I realised that I didn't REALLY lilke the deck enough to pledge beyond the black and white decks.
I might pitch up to the 3 deck pledge to get the free one. Killer for me was the inablity to swap the specials out in the multiple deck pledge. If you could I'd be a shoe-in for all 5.
^THIS! I'd rather get 1 Black and 1 White before I buy 3 Black decks just to get 1 free White.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Maddest Hammer
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Maddest Hammer »

Reading through the questions and comments, with the 3 black deck pledge, you can change one to a white deck, so you would have two of each. I think. So, for $80 (plus int. shipping) you can get two black, two white, one of each of the colors, and a coin... Not a bad deal, really.

That being said, I'd rather have everyone add another deck or two to Heretic...just sayin' :D
will kidnap and torture your boss for a dollar...
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Maddest Hammer wrote:Reading through the questions and comments, with the 3 black deck pledge, you can change one to a white deck, so you would have two of each. I think. So, for $80 (plus int. shipping) you can get two black, two white, one of each of the colors, and a coin... Not a bad deal, really.

That being said, I'd rather have everyone add another deck or two to Heretic...just sayin' :D
That is correct, and I already confirmed that with Steve Minty. If you get the 3-deck tier, you can have one of those changed to a White deck, but the additional free White deck at $60,000 may or may not apply if you weren't already pledged at that point, I'm not certain. I was, so I didn't ask...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
Maddest Hammer wrote:Reading through the questions and comments, with the 3 black deck pledge, you can change one to a white deck, so you would have two of each. I think. So, for $80 (plus int. shipping) you can get two black, two white, one of each of the colors, and a coin... Not a bad deal, really.

That is correct, and I already confirmed that with Steve Minty. If you get the 3-deck tier, you can have one of those changed to a White deck, but the additional free White deck at $60,000 may or may not apply if you weren't already pledged at that point, I'm not certain. I was, so I didn't ask...
Well I just received a message from him, regarding the 3-deck tier, and you just need to be on a level of 3 or more decks, no matter if you change now or if you were already before the $60K goal. The only condition is that you need to be on a tier of 3 or more decks, because if you're on a tier of 2 decks and then add a few more (total of 3 or more), you'll NOT get the free white deck.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Price for the EPCC decks are $15. That's too expensive. For every KS deck coming out, I'm going to compare it against a $12 blinged out JR deck (USPCC) or an $11 blinged Heretic deck (EPCC). A deck has to be super duper special to get me to spend more than that per deck.
Widdee

Unread post by Widdee »

Sher wrote:Price for the EPCC decks are $15. That's too expensive. For every KS deck coming out, I'm going to compare it against a $12 blinged out JR deck (USPCC) or an $11 blinged Heretic deck (EPCC). A deck has to be super duper special to get me to spend more than that per deck.
Well said, Sher!
Godzillian

Unread post by Godzillian »

Sher wrote:Price for the EPCC decks are $15. That's too expensive. For every KS deck coming out, I'm going to compare it against a $12 blinged out JR deck (USPCC) or an $11 blinged Heretic deck (EPCC). A deck has to be super duper special to get me to spend more than that per deck.
Sigh, you're right. I'm seriously resisting the urge to get 1 or 2 of each EPCC decks, but it's hard :\ I like trying to catch them all and being the very best that no one ever was.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

well said Sher. If they hadn't forced the 3 "special" decks to be add-ons, I might've went for a four deck pledge but I'm not spending $25 for 2 decks and then have to add another $45 for 3 more. $50, maybe $55, would be the absolute limit but $70, $65 if you picked up the early pair, is ridiculous. Now they're just getting greedy.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Godzillian wrote:
Sigh, you're right. I'm seriously resisting the urge to get 1 or 2 of each EPCC decks, but it's hard :\ I like trying to catch them all and being the very best that no one ever was.
Well, I won't begrudge you if you decide to pledge for the EPCC decks. I just personally choose not to pledge more than $11/12 per deck because I don't have enough disposable income to buy so many decks and have to be especially picky about what I get. If I spent more than $11/12 on a deck that I'm not completely enamored with, I'm sure I'll regret it later. To be clear, I wasn't trying to convince people not to go for the EPCC decks. I made my previous statement because I thought it might be something others would think is worth considering. However, if a deck is worth $15 to you, and you're completely satisfied with this, I don't see anything wrong with that. I've paid much more for certain decks which I thought were special. Everyone has different tastes, so if this one is special to you, don't let what I said get in the way of that. :)

PS. I'm now have the pokemon theme song running through my head.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Sher wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Well, I won't begrudge you if you decide to pledge for the EPCC decks. I just personally choose not to pledge more than $11/12 per deck because I don't have enough disposable income to buy so many decks and have to be especially picky about what I get. If I spent more than $11/12 on a deck that I'm not completely enamored with, I'm sure I'll regret it later. To be clear, I wasn't trying to convince people not to go for the EPCC decks. I made my previous statement because I thought it might be something others would think is worth considering. However, if a deck is worth $15 to you, and you're completely satisfied with this, I don't see anything wrong with that. I've paid much more for certain decks which I thought were special. Everyone has different tastes, so if this one is special to you, don't let what I said get in the way of that. :)

I'm glad he now made hearts/diamonds gold and spades/clubs grey, that makes me like the black and white decks more. The 3 decks are too beautiful to pass up plus you get two sets of dice if you pledge for all 3. Zennith was made from EPCC that costed $19-$20 and I have no complaints.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Bikefanatic wrote:Zennith was made from EPCC that costed $19-$20 and I have no complaints.
You mean Zenith, not Zennith, right? :)
This space intentionally left blank.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

rousselle wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:Zennith was made from EPCC that costed $19-$20 and I have no complaints.
You mean Zenith, not Zennith, right? :)

Right right. Lol. That's the only EPCC deck I have for now. The feel of the deck is very distinct from USPCC but if those 3 decks are the same feel then it's cool with me. It might of help if the tucks have something added to them, which still might not justify paying $15 for some people.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Bikefanatic wrote:
Sher wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

I'm glad he now made hearts/diamonds gold and spades/clubs grey, that makes me like the black and white decks more. The 3 decks are too beautiful to pass up plus you get two sets of dice if you pledge for all 3. Zennith was made from EPCC that costed $19-$20 and I have no complaints.
I purchased the Zenith, too. For me, the Zenith goes under the "super duper special" caveat that I mentioned in my original post. :P There are certain decks where the design is so awesome that it outweighs the relatively expensive price of the deck. For me, the Zenith design outweighs its cost. Of course, the awesomeness of a design is subjective, which is why I responded to Godzillian that I didn't see anything wrong with him purchasing the EPCC deck for $15 if he is satisfied with his purchase. :)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Sher wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:
Sher wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

I purchased the Zenith, too. For me, the Zenith goes under the "super duper special" caveat that I mentioned in my original post. :P There are certain decks where the design is so awesome that it outweighs the relatively expensive price of the deck. For me, the Zenith design outweighs its cost. Of course, the awesomeness of a design is subjective, which is why I responded to Godzillian that I didn't see anything wrong with him purchasing the EPCC deck for $15 if he is satisfied with his purchase. :)
That baby just has a tuck that won't quit. The refractive (yes, I like "holographic" but that's not correct) light affect is awesome!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.