Wasteland - Desert Ranger Edition (KWP) now live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Wasteland - Desert Ranger Edition (KWP) now live on KS

Unread post by shermjack »

I believe that you will have to pay shipping for each pledge you make, so your shipping will increase with the multiple pledges while you only have to pay once if you pledge the higher quantity tiers
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

OK, I just noticed this stretch goal the other day. What do we have to do to make this hit $100k so this deck is made available?!!! This really should have been an earlier stretch goal, I can't be the only weirdo that loves this idea. This should sell better than the shirts and other goals as well.
waste-stretch.JPG
waste-stretch.JPG (27.5 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
I assume that would be tons of these fun little dudes, right?
waste doll.JPG
waste doll.JPG (28.13 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

ecNate - I thought this thing would go pass the 100k especially with the cross promotion. It would seem 100k is needed to make an extra deck of scary babies. Looks like a fun deck. Look how Jackson is exploring all of the cut borders on all the sides.
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-07-21 19.47.35.png
Screenshot 2015-07-21 19.47.35.png (216.61 KiB) Viewed 2124 times
RussellSprouts
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I'm still not getting the hang of the latest KWP Backerkits. I always come out short.

I pledged for one deck and added on a second one on Kickstarter (one of each). I might have been a dollar short because it says I pledged $27 (Math is hard!).

I go into Backerkit and it says I have $13 credit...yet I pledged for the $12 tier. The project said $0 shipping.

So I'm guessing instead of calculating shipping during the project, Backerkit adds it on later? My question is: how come? Does Backerkit do a better job at calculating shipping costs based on country rather than rounding it off at the start of the project?
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

Eoghann wrote:I'm still not getting the hang of the latest KWP Backerkits. I always come out short.

I pledged for one deck and added on a second one on Kickstarter (one of each). I might have been a dollar short because it says I pledged $27 (Math is hard!).

I go into Backerkit and it says I have $13 credit...yet I pledged for the $12 tier. The project said $0 shipping.

So I'm guessing instead of calculating shipping during the project, Backerkit adds it on later? My question is: how come? Does Backerkit do a better job at calculating shipping costs based on country rather than rounding it off at the start of the project?
There were no tiers in the Wasteland project that had $0 for shipping domestically. The A1 tier, which you pledge for had $2 domestic. With the new Kickstater shipping process, the $2 shipping does not show up in the pledge tier amount just like with int. shipping. It only shows up on the second screen after you choose your pledge tier.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

That's the weird thing though. On several projects I've seen KS automatically add shipping between clicking on the tier and confirming the credit card. And if my addon amount is any indication (aside from my bad Math), at the time I assumed shipping was free because it locked me in at $12 before addons.

As with previous projects, I'll add the extra funds to Backerkit no problem. But my point is something seems off and it's only been happening with KW projects lately.

Maybe just my luck. :lol:
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Is it possible that you adjusted your pledge and forgot to add shipping back?
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Eoghann, it seems it's working perfectly right from here. You pledged at the $12 tier. $2 shipping (Kickstarter added it on the second screen). That's $14. You added on one deck - $12. This should have brought your total to $26. You somehow pledged $27.

So now when you go into backerkit and it has your pledge level at $12 and a $2 shipping fee carried over from Kickstarter. Now you have a $13 credit to use - this is where you actually go select your $12 add on deck. At the end of the day, you should have $1 leftover as credit. The way BackerKit does it is your original pledge level and items included in it are taken off the top. So you pledged $100 and your actual pledge level is $50 (shipping removed for simplification), you have a $50 credit. You don't add in the items from your original pledge level again, you only add your add-ons.

I don't see how you'd need to add funds for 2 decks if you already pledged a total of $27, unless the facts above are off.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Jackson wrote:Hey guys and gals! I just wanted to drop a quick production update. I have attached some pictures of the final hard proofs and they look awesome! The worn look of the Desert Ranger box looks exactly like I had envisioned it. Every things is currently on the printing press and after that on the way to me. I'm not yet sure of the final delivery date but I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for you patience and support.

Jackson
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I like 'em. Can't wait to get 'em in my hands. Wasteland 2 is available on the Xbox One now, worth it if anyone still hasn't played through IMO. Currently a few days into Fallout 4 damn that game is addicting and would also make a great theme for playing cards. Different suits could be the different factions, Brotherhood, Railroad, Minutemen and either Initiative or Gunners.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Who here hasn't received their Wasteland project cards?

I see many people selling them on eBay and continued excuses from Marcus about fulfillment slowing right down (ie, short staffed, etc) but common this is ridiculous. February is almost over considering December was supposed to be the ship date.

Marcus, short staffed or not how long does it take to ship a deck of each and send it in the mail. How many orders are you packing in a 6-8hr day?

Fulfillment sucks, especially when it's yourself and/or friends doing the work! I understand you want to save some money and not outsource to another company, but at least they would do what they got paid to do which is pack and ship. There's no excuse, and you want to start being called Erik Mana!!
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

Jackson Robinson and Erik Mana cannot be compared when it comes to running campaigns. It's like comparing apples to oranges. I'd only wish that Erik fulfilled his last campaign from his home. We'd all have our cards by now.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

Cardians wrote:Who here hasn't received their Wasteland project cards?

I see many people selling them on eBay and continued excuses from Marcus about fulfillment slowing right down (ie, short staffed, etc) but common this is ridiculous. February is almost over considering December was supposed to be the ship date.

Marcus, short staffed or not how long does it take to ship a deck of each and send it in the mail. How many orders are you packing in a 6-8hr day?

Fulfillment sucks, especially when it's yourself and/or friends doing the work! I understand you want to save some money and not outsource to another company, but at least they would do what they got paid to do which is pack and ship. There's no excuse, and you want to start being called Erik Mana!!
Thank you for your comment. Please be assured that we are doing our very best to ship out all orders as soon as possible. There really is no staff it is just me and a friend that works for me part time. Other than that I pack all the orders myself. You are absolutely correct it is almost the end of February only 2 months past the estimated delivery date. This being one of the very few projects we have delivered late we are doing everything we can. We appreciate your patience and want to assure you that you will indeed receive your reward soon.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

Hi Cardians,

I see Jackson has already responded, but seeing how I was personally named I figured I’d respond in person. I have only so far received a single e-mail regarding fulfillment, and have only had to respond to a single comment about the delay, so saying I’ve made ”continued excuses” is quite harsh. Especially considering it was all within a time frame of three days. December was indeed supposed to have been when fulfillment was done, but as we informed our backers about in one of our updates the decks were delayed. We received them in late January and after checking the shipment we began fulfillment a few days later.

With over 1,600 backers, the Wasteland project is quite a bit larger than the average deck project on Kickstarter, and with that comes a lot more pledges to pack up and ship out. As both Jackson and I have mentioned, there’s been a slight delay due to circumstances none of us could foresee (life has a tendency to throw curveballs at you every now and then, including stuff like the flu for instance), but we are still aiming to have completed fulfillment very soon.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Cardians wrote:Who here hasn't received their Wasteland project cards?

Say what, buddy? There is no comparison between these two KS projects! Jackson is a little late, and almost every single campaign lately has been for one reason or another, almost always the production problems here recently, both USPCC- and Expert/Legends-made decks.

Jackson does self-fulfillment, since KW is their own fulfillment 'center', with 'center' in this case being Jackson with a ring drawn around him, pretty much. "The other guy" just isn't doing anything, period, and even putting his name out there in conjunction with this particular KS backer's paradise is a big mistake, although you are relatively new and maybe not familiar (yet) about how we as a group look at things.

Jackson is doing one helluva job getting this done, pretty much on his own - although he does have a little help. Erik's not even responding to "friendly fire" from close associates, much less from every "Tom, Dick and Harry" who backed the project. This is truly a slap in the face especially for someone who does their best to insure that we not only get what we pay for (being totally out of true meaning, KS is a crowd funding website where we help people make their dreams become reality - and NOT a store of any kind), but goes out of their way - regardless of whether it's any of our business or not - to give us a "heads-up" if there is even any shadow of a problem. I'm not picking on you, although I have decided that your message truly requires a direct response from "the management" here on UC, but because the example you use is totally and beyond question completely WAY outside of the boundary of comparing apples to oranges in this case!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

I am SERIOUSLY kicking myself for not picking up more of those Desert Ranger decks. Got my one last week and Good God does the tuck look good. I'm not an opener, but I wish I had two or three so I could crack one open and see the actual cards for myself. Definitely worth the wait if you haven't gotten yours yet, it won't be long and you won't be upset once you see them. Jackson never fails to impress with his work.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Thank you Jackson, Marcus & Mike.

Mike - Glad to see you throwing your "management" position around. :lol: :lol:

Your probably one that received your rewards just as you did with the Mana campaign and stand by the creator as you have with Erik. No comment needed!!

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll see my fulfillment filled by Feb 29th. Thank god for the extra day in February (leap year)!
Sparkz
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by Sparkz »

Justin O. wrote:I am SERIOUSLY kicking myself for not picking up more of those Desert Ranger decks. Got my one last week and Good God does the tuck look good. I'm not an opener, but I wish I had two or three so I could crack one open and see the actual cards for myself. Definitely worth the wait if you haven't gotten yours yet, it won't be long and you won't be upset once you see them. Jackson never fails to impress with his work.
.................open this deck :drool:
Attachments
IMG_0072.png
IMG_0072.png (767.19 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Cardians wrote:Thank you Jackson, Marcus & Mike.

Mike - Glad to see you throwing your "management" position around. :lol: :lol:

Your probably one that received your rewards just as you did with the Mana campaign and stand by the creator as you have with Erik. No comment needed!!

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll see my fulfillment filled by Feb 29th. Thank god for the extra day in February (leap year)!
ummm... Management position? I own the right to let our user-supported community self-govern, and appreciate the fact that "Friends of UC" have already paid for this website through mid-2018, and updated the domain registration through the end of 2018 as well as kept me the ability (for $9.95/month subscription) the ability to look at Adobe Illustrator files and full access to PhotoShop's latest (and upcoming) versions on an ongoing basis, as well as the "LightRoom" program, which - if I could take a photograph worth a crap - would let me truly do something pretty.

I haven't seen a single deck of these yet, by the way. I assume I will soon, like everyone else. Sorry you think me having received some Mana decks has anything to do with this campaign, there's no relationship and obviously I didn't intend to tick anybody off, I tried (in vane) to get more information for everyone here and then tried (also in vain) to help Erik any way I could, so I could help my users. I'll quit (and we'll quit) hijacking Jackson's thread now. Sorry - I'm apparently not entitled to have an opinion? (much less a position or a realistic perspective on things instead of a rabid things some people say - which is their right to say, that's the way I roll - and it will continue to be UC does). I'll go back to my corner now...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Wow... VERY tempted to open this deck now! So shinny and pretty.
chach

Unread post by chach »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Still waiting on my rewards as well, but have full confidence in those at Kings Wild and their ability to deliver. Very much looking forward to getting them however.
chach

Unread post by chach »

I received my decks the other day, but while the shipping confirm stated the uncuts were included, they weren't part of the package. Just wondering if anybody else had received their decks but not uncuts.

ETA - Looks like today's update addresses this... Bummed, kinda ticked and disappointed but in the end, what can you do?

There was a miss communication with the printer and uncuts were not pulled. We didn't make this announcement earlier as we were trying to workout a solution and get the uncuts printed after the fact. Unfortunately that plan wasn't able to work out.
We also had a minimum quantity issue with the prints. Only around 7 people ordered the prints and that fell way short of the minimum order. So we made the decision to cancel the prints.
"What if I ordered a Uncut Sheet or Print"
If you ordered an uncut sheet or print you will be receiving an email directly from me asking for an email address that you may have associated with PayPal in order for me to fully refund your order and added shipping for the uncut sheet or print you ordered. Be on the look out for that email later today.