[BUY] Looking for my first Lotrek/Oath whale

Need a quick buck or trying to find that rare deck? Check here! If you are a reseller or posting an offer for members that is not a private sale, please use the "Reseller offers" forum (above) instead!
Forum rules

Private Only (member to member) - NOT FOR BULK OR GROUP SALES!

1. We are not running or in charge of any transactions happening here. It is your responsibility to check and see who you are dealing with is a fraud or a friend.

2. Topics must start with either [BUY] - [SELL] - [TRADE] - [CoOp] - [EBAY] or [ISO]

3. In your post you must post your name or ebay handle

4. You must say what country you are shipping from.

5. You MUST post contact information, such as an email or eBay account name.

6. Give as much information as you can when selling (condition, quantity, etc)

7. DO NOT 'BUMP' YOUR OWN THREAD WITHIN 3 DAYS OF POSTING. MODIFY THE EXISTING ONE.

REMEMBER: UnitedCardists.com, the owner and "Friends of UC" specifically disclaim any liability for the use of this forum
jasonx73it
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath

Re: [BUY] Looking for my first Lotrek/Oath whale

Unread post by jasonx73it »

david_cards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:06 pm you don't want the prices to go up in value
Why would I want the prices to go up in value? I collect stuff I like, I’m not getting decks as an investment.
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

kevork wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:39 pm Please do not speak on behalf of the forum. Speak on behalf of yourself.

I will speak on behalf of the forum and say Kevork is a treasure.

Remainder of my comment has been self edited, as I feel there is little need to vent and more need to simply move on.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Kirillas
Decks Owned: 130

Unread post by Kirillas »

david_cards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:06 pm you want that deck but you can't afford it, that's your problem.
I'm always "touched" by people who don't know what they're talking about. Kevork has almost all the decks of Lotrek and he hardly needs an extra Blue Oath at this price.

Previously, when I started collecting, I was led by such sellers more than once and bought decks too expensive. I even wonder how much my collection is now worth, taking into account today's prices, and whether I ended up in the red in the end, which is possible. Can anyone tell me which forum thread I can use to find out roughly how much all my waste paper costs?)
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

I too can look back on a few purchases where I was unfortunately price gouged.
Kirillas wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:04 pm Can anyone tell me which forum thread I can use to find out roughly how much all my waste paper costs?)
Perhaps you're baiting me to prove a point :lol: but for Lotrek, you can always check this post in my thread: viewtopic.php?p=232310#p232310

You can also ask me regarding a specific deck and I'll see what I can find, but Lotrek tends to be my expertise.

If you're looking for more waste paper, I highly recommend this:
Screenshot_20230706_190858_Gallery.jpg
Kirillas

kevork wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:05 pm If you're looking for more waste paper, I highly recommend this:
Screenshot_20230706_190858_Gallery.jpg
Of course, I'm not a native speaker, but in my opinion, "waste paper" is not understood as such... however, this paper will not suit me also - I prefer with gilded edges)
GandalfPC
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Well I’m sure there are plenty of things we can do with our cards to make use of them - lets see…

After picking off the cream of the crop as untouchable I could probably muster 2000 decks that the world would forgive me abusing

2000 decks at 1/4 pound each is 500 pounds - so you could make a weight for a farm vehicle or add ballast to your boat.

2000 decks opened with 52+2 jokers is 108,000 cards. Cards measuring 3.5 x 2.5 inches (8.75 square inches) each:

Max length: 378,000 inches = 31,500 feet = 5.97 miles - not sure of the use, but Hansel and Gretel would never get lost again

Max coverage: 945,000 square inches = 78,750 square feet = 1.81 acres - more than big enough to draw a picture on google satellite map

I can’t find the calories contained (energy released when burned) in a card, but should anyone have that we can figure how long I can heat my house for…
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Kirillas wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:02 am Of course, I'm not a native speaker, but in my opinion, "waste paper" is not understood as such... however, this paper will not suit me also - I prefer with gilded edges)
I know that's not what you meant :lol: We call it toilet paper here but I wanted to be silly. But that's a really royal booty you have to require gilded edges. 🤴🏻

Gandalf in action:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (4.53 MiB) Viewed 3020 times
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

This whole thread has taken so many turns. There may be more drama and entertainment on this thread than the whole of this forum combined.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

What's this scalping group I keep seeing here and there recently? Do they scalp off each other?
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

I pm'd you. They follow this section of the forums and have harassed me too many times on social media for me to respond publicly.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Whenever there's new people on the forum only to buy and sell decks and not engage (low post counts), that's a huge red flag.

Over the years I've noticed some members from Italy are the ones causing issues ...
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
jasonx73it

Bikefanatic wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:41 am Whenever there's new people on the forum only to buy and sell decks and not engage (low post counts), that's a huge red flag.

Over the years I've noticed some members from Italy are the ones causing issues ...
While I can’t deny what appears to be the forum consensus, I have to say that it’s really sad that one risks being associated with such individuals because of geolocation proximity.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, keep in mind we have the Italians the likes of Lorenzo, Jocu, Gio and Boschiero & Newton. Custom playing cards would be a lot duller place without them and several others.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

jasonx73it wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:27 pm While I can’t deny what appears to be the forum consensus, I have to say that it’s really sad that one risks being associated with such individuals because of geolocation proximity.
It just so happens a few bad apples have a really large presence in the community and come from that area. It of course isn't indicative of any group as a whole. It's been great having your involvement on these forums, personally speaking. I also enjoy overlapping in our passions.
jasonx73it

kevork wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:35 pm
It just so happens a few bad apples have a really large presence in the community and come from that area. It of course isn't indicative of any group as a whole. It's been great having your involvement on these forums, personally speaking. I also enjoy overlapping in our passions.
It’s a very costly involvement if I have to say, but I don’t regret any of it. And now you had me look into NPCCD decks, thank god I’m resisting pulling the trigger on the sets available on eBay.
For now. 😐
Kirillas

Bikefanatic wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:41 am Whenever there's new people on the forum only to buy and sell decks and not engage (low post counts), that's a huge red flag.

I hope that this is not the only criterion, since I was also the one who came to this forum only because of the buying and selling section) However, I am not from Italy so... everything is fine, right?)
jasonx73it wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:40 pm
It’s a very costly involvement if I have to say, but I don’t regret any of it. And now you had me look into NPCCD decks, thank god I’m resisting pulling the trigger on the sets available on eBay.
For now. 😐
My collection began with the Midnight Gold deck (NPCCD 2017), but unfortunately I was not very sensible about the cost and demand for decks. As a result, I have two complete sets of 2018 NPCCD decks that I can hardly sell in the near future even at the purchase price, although I bought them not on ebay but on playing card selling sites shortly after they were released and with free shipping! It's not always better to hurry up with purchases, counting on the success of the series or their author in the past.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

[Users are absolutely welcome to join the site only to use the Buy/Sell section, but of course other rules still apply (eg. no personal attacks)]

But we do hope you'll join us over in the rest of the forum! :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J