Bicycle Gator Back Holographic Metalluxe

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Bicycle Gator Back Holographic Metalluxe

Unread post by vasta41 »

Just received this email from Bicycle:
You’re receiving this email because you recently placed an order on bicyclecards.com.

We’ve had feedback of damage in transit and determined that our packaging policies were not robust enough to get your decks delivered safely, consistently. THANK YOU to everyone who reached out quickly to share this feedback. We have updated our policies and will be using more durable packaging moving forward.

If you received damaged product and want it replaced, please reach out. We are waiving return shipping charges and would be more than happy to set you up with fresh decks on par with your expectations and excitement.

If you have questions or need assistance, please reach out to us at support@bicyclecards.com

We’re sorry for the hassle for all affected. Please enjoy 25% off of your next order with code 25Bicycle2022 and see for yourself the changes we have made. Thank you for your patience and support. We will continue striving for excellence.
I gotta say, it took them long enough but I think this is a good fix. A fix they had to implement.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

"and see for yourself the changes we have made"

lol no. They should tell us what changes they made before using us as guinea pigs to test them out
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

At least their response was acceptable. Free return charge of damaged decks and 25% off the next order.

Better response would be send pics of all the damaged decks along with the receipt and they send the equal amount of new decks. I wonder if we'll see Seconds versions of these decks. I wouldn't mind picking those up at 2nd prices. :ugdance:
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

This is available now in David Blaine's shop as the In Spades deck.
This Bicycle x David Blaine deck is a co-branded collaboration between Bicycle and David Blaine. An ultra-premium deck featuring Metalluxe Holographic foil on the card back and faces. The card backs include the classic David Blaine Gator Back design in striking foil while the faces are all custom designed, including 4 unique holographic foil jokers. The stunning matte tuck case is contrasted with holographic and green foiling and a sculpted emboss accent. Original artwork by Mark Stutzman.
https://shop.davidblaine.com/products/in-spades-deck
Eric Lee
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

More importantly, it's on sale for 20% off ; $20 instead of the MRSP of $25 at Bicycle.

I wonder why DB did this? To release it 6 months later at their own site. Orbits and KWP all released their collab decks at the same time. Then again, they only had a limited stock.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

I didn't even care enough about them, to realise the Bicycle branding, ha ha.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Eric Lee wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:20 pm More importantly, it's on sale for 20% off ; $20 instead of the MRSP of $25 at Bicycle.

I wonder why DB did this? To release it 6 months later at their own site. Orbits and KWP all released their collab decks at the same time. Then again, they only had a limited stock.
With certain things like this, it can usually be a deal they struck in the background where Bicycle has exclusivity for an agreed upon timeframe, followed by release on Blaine's website where he can dictate the price for his own stock. Just speculating here.
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Top of the tuck on DB's version says In Spades.
F7BE9C11-979B-4CCE-9706-977BADC648DB.jpeg
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

In case people are wondering the difference. Not sure if one is Bicycle release and one is an updated version through DB.
img_1_1681493641569.jpg