P52 Deck of the Year awards

Anything and everything playing cards!
Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Re: P52 Deck of the Year awards

Unread post by Eric Lee »

That's one thing that will help improve 22 DOTY. Clear descriptions of what should and should not fall under each category.

Besides Rookie, other categories such as Cardistry and Magic. Any deck can be used for those 2 categories, but what decks with what features should be nominated and what should not.
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

I'm sure there are things that can be improved about the awards, but I really appreciate what Alex has done in initiating something like this, and his efforts to run them.

Even if there are some aspects that aren't perfect, he's a guy who actively tries to build on previous efforts, and learn from any mistakes or imperfections. It can only keep improving in future years.

I hope any criticism won't discourage him in any way, and that we'll keep seeing these awards on a regular basis. They might not be perfect, but it's great for our community to have them.

I'm confident Alex will take whatever can be learned from this year's experience, and work positively with that in the next year.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

One question is though what if the producer doesn't reveal the designer? So maybe it's better like it is now. Transparancy is always better.

And yes, what Ender wrote, critisiscm from my side is never meant discouraging - even if some might interpret it that way. Just questions and viewpoints that pop up randomly in me head. In general I always love when people do their thing, in a creative way like awards, designs and whatever.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Popping in to give a HUGE thanks to Alex for producing these awards. It was professionally run, easy to vote, and fun to watch those slick winner videos. Is there room for improvement? Of course, but SO MUCH was done SO WELL. Thanks, Alex and whoever worked with you!
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Now I'd make a suggestion to UC regarding write-in noms. I had an incredibly difficult time coming up with write-ins, so maybe we create a thread here next year of possible write-ins and some place to discuss those. I was personally sad that Jody's Dominion didn't get into Best Courts category at minimum and was also bummed knowing my write-in had no real power because there was no place to lobby for it.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:29 pm Yeah, I don't think Parlour was ever included in the rookie deck conversation. So the rules are a bit ambiguous.
I pointed it out in my creation post of this thread. There is no clear idea of what the criteria are for the awards overall (shipped in the year? Arrived in someone's hands? Printed? Created? Funded?) or the categories. Yes some are clear from the name of the category, but others are murky. BTW, none of my comments were to complains but simply comments or feedback. I love my hobby that I have spent so much (too much?) on and would be great to see awards like this succeed and be more universally recognised.
EndersGame

Can we get the 2021 winners list added to the Hall of Fame thread here? (an admin will have to do this, since the thread is locked to ordinary users)

https://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12859

Feel free to grab them straight from my post here if that helps.
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Done.

And, I see the formatting has gone askew for some of the older years; I'll work on that soon (but not tonight.)

Thanks for providing a starting point for the assembled list!
This space intentionally left blank.
EndersGame

Terrific and thank you!
--