Moon Deck (Sailor Moon) by Steve Minty

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Re: Moon Deck (Sailor Moon) by Steve Minty

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Come to think of it, Ranma would be an excellent theme for an anime deck. It practically designs itself.

For the courts, 1 side human form, 1 side alternate wet form. Aces can either be Ranma and the main girls he's paired with or his main foes. Jokers can be the cursed springs and or the dojo.

This will be a good challenge, creatively for Steve.
Stockholm17
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 130

Unread post by Stockholm17 »

Hi,

I would like to understand this patent.

Is it a new custom production process with its own patent No. 8,777,225 that has something specific about the material and how it is applied?
If so, I supposed there is only one printer in the world able to print with this new patented technology.

OR

is it just something like: "now you cannot use holographic foil on cards because I sue you if you do it" ??

A designer is free to choose the number and the type of foils on the existing catalogs and apply how many foils he/she wants on every kind of paper, cards included.
Holographic foils are available on the market and they have been for decades.Decks with holographic foils has been made in the past (ALLOY playing cards, by EPCC).
The responsibility is on the playing cards factories and foil manufacturers in case they use/sell a patented production process or material.

Am I missing something?
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

Eric Lee wrote:Come to think of it, Ranma would be an excellent theme for an anime deck. It practically designs itself.

For the courts, 1 side human form, 1 side alternate wet form. Aces can either be Ranma and the main girls he's paired with or his main foes. Jokers can be the cursed springs and or the dojo.

This will be a good challenge, creatively for Steve.
I would kill to see a Ranma 1/2 deck, but I can't imagine the market would be large enough for it these days.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Stockholm17 wrote:I would like to understand this patent.

Is it a new custom production process with its own patent No. 8,777,225 that has something specific about the material and how it is applied?
If so, I supposed there is only one printer in the world able to print with this new patented technology.
Lorenzo,

I might be wrong but I believe the patent is for how they have used the holographic foils in the pips to create different layers which allow you to view an image / text through a transparent layer.

I sent VXD a copy of Steve Minty's Sailor Moon Deck as they were concerned about an infringement and as far as I'm aware there was no follow up / breach with this deck.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
STLBluesNut

Unread post by STLBluesNut »

i got this deck for my son a coupe of years ago. they are pretty cool even if you dont like the show or anime. i did not expect how thick they were though. probably 50% more than regular cards.