TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek LIVE on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

MagikFingerz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:50 pm I appreciate all the support and advice. Thank you all.

Okay, I've been obviously mulling over the prism situation and although I cannot in good conscience change my mind on it what Lotrek and I have decided to do is to make the Dynastinae it's equal in terms of beauty. It will be as gorgeous -- just in a different way. The prism will maintain it's uniqueness with the holographic foil but many of the traits of the two decks will be shared.

In an effort to appease the most backers I can I will open the following tiers on Monday Nov. 23rd at Noon Eastern:

1. The Ultimate Tempest 5-Deck Set: 1 Ocean, 1 Dusk, 1 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 200) $187
2. The Ultimate Tempest HALF BRICK PLUS: 2 Ocean, 2 Dusk, 2 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 200) $224
3. The Ultimate Tempest Brick Plus: 4 Ocean, 4 Dusk, 4 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 177) $290
4. The Complete Tempest PREMIUM Tier LITE: 4 Ocean, 4 Dusk, 4 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae, 1 Prism (limited to 98) $415

I should have images of the Tuck Boxes and the Dynastinae Soon.
Any way to get the Dynastinae without getting the Treasured edition? I'm just not a fan of gilded decks, so I tend to avoid them.

No worries if not :)
Not at this time. Maybe if they don’t sell out a may offer them during the survey stage. Not to try and change your mind but the Cartamundi gilded decks are fantastic.
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: TGW Presents "The Tale of the Tempest" designed by Lotrek KS LIVE on 10/30 12pm ET

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

"Can I have just the one decks of card without buying stuff that I really don't like?" - "Ehm, Maybe if I don't sell out but in general no"

Also when it comes to climate change and unecessary pollution...

You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 am "Can I have just the one decks of card without buying stuff that I really don't like?" - "Ehm, Maybe if I don't sell out but in general no"

Classic troll on this forum :ugthink:

You could be all judgmental and expertise in quoting what members said in the past and use it against them (many times here), yet do you expect someone to maintain consistency when they switch between the reviewer's role and the creator's role? That's naive and idealistic. No one is entitled to think the same in the past, present, future unless the inconsistency hurts the mass.

It's funny how you think quoting people's inconsistencies against them make you a voice of reason.

5rvtu.jpg
5rvtu.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 9041 times

Edit: In Omar's defense, the comments he made in that review was due to the CONTEXT that the deck was promoted that way, and Omar was just showing the hypocrisy in the promotional message. Does he also say that in his other reviews and criticize the waste of paper? No. That is, you have taken his words out of context.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:54 am "Can I have just the one decks of card without buying stuff that I really don't like?" - "Ehm, Maybe if I don't sell out but in general no"

Huh? Your argument is so confusing I had to read decknowledgys post twice to get any sense of what you were trying to say. Let me get this straight, you're saying that I’m somehow hypocrital for lamenting that a hobby I love is a business built on the back of making trees into cards and that it’s wasteful therefore hypocritical of the creators to make a deck based on around a parable of climate change and that because I too worry about the environment therefore I am also hypocritical because now I make playing cards? Well I suppose using that flawed logic I would also be a hypocrite by collecting cards let alone reviewing them. You missed my point completely. It was about admitting my role as a cog in the mechanism of industry. I was expressing the duality and contradiction and irony of loving a hobby whilst also feeling guilty of potentially contributing harm to the planet.

That’s part one. Somehow this got extrapolated based on my response regarding access to a limited deck not being available. And here is where your argument goes completely off the rails confusing. I can see how you might have missed the point of my review. Now how that relates or correlates to offering an exclusive item is tougher to see. I think the leap you’re making is because it’s somehow wasteful to make people buy more of something to own the thing they really want. When the reality is the number of decks I’m going to print will not change. I’m likely... no I’m definitely printing a set amount that will not be altered. So this bundling of products doesn’t change that. So then the idea is that the person wanting to buy the limited item is going to toss the rest of products in a landfill? What would really happen if I didn’t bundle the deck is that I would fail to sell 2400 decks. 12 x 200. 2400 decks is a sizeable number. In fact some entire deck runs fall within that. So you might be able to gather what a huge difference that means to the campaigns profitability. These standard decks are the backbone of a campaign like this. And—I can’t stress this enough—without which not only would the campaign not be able to offer more limited decks but would likely not happen at all.

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

It is fascinating about the interest in the expensive limited decks. To me, if I am going to have to cut back my rewards based on funds, the reward I am holding onto is the EB split brick for $140. To me, that is the essential reward here. The other stuff are rhinestones if I can afford them. At that price, my cost is only $11.67 per deck, which is nice, plus a cool Lotrek brick box thrown in.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
masagin303

Unread post by masagin303 »

Bradius wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:47 am It is fascinating about the interest in the expensive limited decks. To me, if I am going to have to cut back my rewards based on funds, the reward I am holding onto is the EB split brick for $140. To me, that is the essential reward here. The other stuff are rhinestones if I can afford them. At that price, my cost is only $11.67 per deck, which is nice, plus a cool Lotrek brick box thrown in.
Remember Earth clearly.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Dynastinae tuck box... this is a render. We plan on having some mock ups soon and hopefully a better image for the update that I'll be posting shortly. The waves part is a sleeve that slides over the tuck, taking if off reveals the full beetle. the background pattern is debossed. All the gold is embossed. Including the roundness of the sail and beetle forms
PRISM TUCK FRONT _new idea 3_1.jpg
PRISM TUCK FRONT _new idea 3_2.jpg

Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

Fun sleeve idea. That's good stuff. I like it. :)
Very pleased to see this massive success and so much interest.
How many decks is this now. I'm lost count, is it six?
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Fes wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm Fun sleeve idea. That's good stuff. I like it. :)
Very pleased to see this massive success and so much interest.
How many decks is this now. I'm lost count, is it six?
It's the same six he's been talking about the whole time. The three "standards", Treasured, Dynastinae, and Prism (prev. bottled).
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Decknowledgy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 am Classic troll on this forum :ugthink:

You could be all judgmental...
Sure, everyone that expresses thoughts and points you either don't get or disagree with is a troll. The only one casting judgement here is you - ironic at best.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:29 pm
Decknowledgy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 am Classic troll on this forum :ugthink:

You could be all judgmental...
Sure, everyone that expresses thoughts and points you either don't get or disagree with is a troll. The only one casting judgement here is you - ironic at best.
And what exactly is it that you disagree with me? No, you disagree with Omar and fail to provide sufficient feedback.
Instead of stating the obvious of your criticism, you chose to throw shade at a creator using your imaginary dialogue, suggesting that Omar intentionally decide not to provide the single deck of your liking for single purchase and asks the customers to pay for things that they don't want. What kind of proof do you have that this is the intention of this project at this stage? What do you expect from a project that keeps smashing stretch goals beyond what's originally planned then?

If I'm misinterpreting your words, sorry but not sorry, because you decided to express your opinion in such a obscurely jabbish fashion---again. Especially when everyone had just gotten over the personal attacks earlier and have come back to address the brainstorming session for the high tier stretch goals. Clearly, you missed the agenda for the sake of your so-called "funny." You're continuously blind to the way you make people uncomfortable with your mocking.
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

dynastinae Render_lo_new.jpg

KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

Well I wanted to be content with 4 versions. I was resigned to passing on Prism. But that Dynastinae? Yeah I’m in. Beautiful work!
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

KingfisherZero wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:53 pm Well I wanted to be content with 4 versions. I was resigned to passing on Prism. But that Dynastinae? Yeah I’m in. Beautiful work!
Wait until you see the finished tucks!

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Well, Dynastinaynay has absolutely piqued my interest with that most recent photo. Wow.
This space intentionally left blank.
Aces_Rye

Unread post by Aces_Rye »

🤣
LOL! This whole thread...
Customer: How much for that Happy Meal toy?
McD Employee: I'm sorry, but it's not sold separately. You need to buy a Happy Meal.
Customer: But I don't want the Happy Meal. I don't need the Happy Meal. All I really NEED is the toy. Sell it to me!
McD Employee: Again, it's only available with purchase of a Happy Meal.
So seriously, what's it gonna be... Cheeseburger or Nuggets? If you don't want to buy the Happy Meal, then sorry, you don't get the toy.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Aces_Rye wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:22 pm McD Employee: I'm sorry, but it's not sold separately. You need to buy a Happy Meal.
I like your point but you actually can buy just the toys :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Serious question: Is anyone in here already locked into a tier with the Treasured and NOT planning on upgrading come Monday?

I'm moving up to a Dynastinae tier and I want a second one. If the situation above describes you, please hit me up, would love to work something out.
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Gosh How i Wish i can get this new version
But.... the price just.....

I am really sorry, but I have to passed this ;(
Think this is the first time I have to have this set incomplete
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
laitostarr777
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

TheGentlemanWake wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:36 am
MagikFingerz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:11 am
TheGentlemanWake wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:50 pm I appreciate all the support and advice. Thank you all.

Okay, I've been obviously mulling over the prism situation and although I cannot in good conscience change my mind on it what Lotrek and I have decided to do is to make the Dynastinae it's equal in terms of beauty. It will be as gorgeous -- just in a different way. The prism will maintain it's uniqueness with the holographic foil but many of the traits of the two decks will be shared.

In an effort to appease the most backers I can I will open the following tiers on Monday Nov. 23rd at Noon Eastern:

1. The Ultimate Tempest 5-Deck Set: 1 Ocean, 1 Dusk, 1 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 200) $187
2. The Ultimate Tempest HALF BRICK PLUS: 2 Ocean, 2 Dusk, 2 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 200) $224
3. The Ultimate Tempest Brick Plus: 4 Ocean, 4 Dusk, 4 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae (Limited to 177) $290
4. The Complete Tempest PREMIUM Tier LITE: 4 Ocean, 4 Dusk, 4 Midnight, 1 Treasured, 1 Dynastinae, 1 Prism (limited to 98) $415

I should have images of the Tuck Boxes and the Dynastinae Soon.
Any way to get the Dynastinae without getting the Treasured edition? I'm just not a fan of gilded decks, so I tend to avoid them.

No worries if not :)
Not at this time. Maybe if they don’t sell out a may offer them during the survey stage. Not to try and change your mind but the Cartamundi gilded decks are fantastic.
If there is a chance to get Dynastinae during the survey, then.... I will consider getting, if I am fast enough
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I will get the second round of the Premium Tier. Dynastinae is giving me Wizard Of Oz vibes, another designer is currently on that deck. I guess the metal card may be a Dynastinae look alike.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by akicer »

prism version cost 220, I think that's pushing me toward dropping my whole pledge...

well I have two more days to think about it
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
caniveski
White Whale: Bicycle Burton
Decks Owned: 800

Unread post by caniveski »

where is 220 coming from ?
masagin303

I've just downgraded my pledge as I failed to convince myself that it's worth $450 (with shipping). So if anyone is interested, there's one PREMIUM available now,
Remember Earth clearly.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Unread post by bdawg923 »

nvm guess I was wrong
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

masagin303 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm I've just downgraded my pledge as I failed to convince myself that it's worth $450 (with shipping). So if anyone is interested, there's one PREMIUM available now,

join the club
masagin303

bdawg923 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 pm
masagin303 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm I've just downgraded my pledge as I failed to convince myself that it's worth $450 (with shipping). So if anyone is interested, there's one PREMIUM available now,
The premium tier was limited to 100, but Kickstarter sucks so if multiple people backed at the same time, it will give them the reward. So it turned out to be 103 backers instead of 100. You dropping a pledge just made it 102 backers. Its still sold out
Well it showed "1 of 102" available after dropping. Now it's gone. So maybe someone grabbed it already.
Remember Earth clearly.
Meta Collector

Unread post by Meta Collector »

I ganked one slot, looks like there’s still another one left.
Ice_Panda
White Whale: Golden Oath [Blue]

Unread post by Ice_Panda »

PiazzaDelivery wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 pm Serious question: Is anyone in here already locked into a tier with the Treasured and NOT planning on upgrading come Monday?

I'm moving up to a Dynastinae tier and I want a second one. If the situation above describes you, please hit me up, would love to work something out.
Just create a second KS account. Thats what I did. I need two prism/dynastinae decks :)
PiazzaDelivery

Unread post by PiazzaDelivery »

Ice_Panda wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:17 pm
PiazzaDelivery wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:57 pm Serious question: Is anyone in here already locked into a tier with the Treasured and NOT planning on upgrading come Monday?

Just create a second KS account. Thats what I did. I need two prism/dynastinae decks :)
yeah but I only want one other dynastinae. not another halfbrick plus dynastinae
"[...] But someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/20093