Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Player: Yes

Re: Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS) (wap)

Unread post by StanKindLee »

@Mike, I think their project shipping rates for this campaign combined with the "never been done before" factor was not only a home run, but a bases loaded grand slam.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Impressions Playing Cards - MPC (live on KS)

Unread post by badpete69 »

A pic of the 4 decks available

jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Looks pretty good.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhooSeW ... ture=share[/youtube]
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

These are all shipped now. Eagerly awaiting mine. Hopefully I'll get them this week.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

I still think they should have put the raised gloss effect on the back of card and not on the front. Think about it. What touches the surface when the cards are being dealt. Is a "2" going to slide more than a face card?

First time noticing the tree in the back of card. Looks similar to Chris's back of card. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? And yes Chris's back is nicer.
Attachments
Screenshot 2015-01-13 05.33.13.png
Screenshot 2015-01-13 05.33.13.png (419.18 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
RussellSprouts
Cbkimble

But you look at the front of the card more when playing games than you do the back.
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

If anybody here has a deck of these coming to them, would you mind posting a pic of a card being bent. I'm curious how the raised ink holds up while being stretched through bending (while shuffling or any other method).
Fes
White Whale: The Dude Deck

Unread post by Fes »

doobybrain wrote:If anybody here has a deck of these coming to them, would you mind posting a pic of a card being bent. I'm curious how the raised ink holds up while being stretched through bending (while shuffling or any other method).
I gave it a shot. The embossing stuff is very thin you can see it on one of the pics, it's rubbery and I really don't think it will be any problem. The king of diamonds there was used in a friendly poker game as well as three solitaire games last night. The Joker was teased and inspected not much else and as you can see there is almost no difference between the two. The card stock isn't as springy as I'd hoped and I play hell getting these to faro. They stood up to poker pretty well. The rubber stuff they use to make the embossing flexes beautifully. I don't think longevity on these will be a problem at all, only time will tell so we'll have to wait and see.

The embossing isn't raised off the card anywhere on the king of diamonds or any other card. It's just printed that way. The joker shows the same in the lighting, the clear embossing rubber stuff a long the hat. It's really not noticeable when you're using the deck. Tried to get the lighting to show it off as best I could.
Attachments
Impressionsbend1.png
Impressionsbend1.png (354.03 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
ImpressionsbendJ1.png
ImpressionsbendJ1.png (380.22 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
TL:DR It's completely up to you.
We can still be friends.
I actually like playing cards.
We live in interesting times.
WillHart CthulhuWho1
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by WillHart CthulhuWho1 »

My Half-Brick of all but the Phantom Decks just arrived today in Fullerton, California.

And I have to say they are truly beautiful; enough so that I wish I had also picked up a couple of the Phantom Decks too!

The Standard and Court Decks will see heavy use by me; while the Stealth and Phantom Decks are more for collecting fun.

Now if they start producing the Standard and Court Decks in both a Blue and Red Back format (instead of just the Blue Backs they have made so far), and at an affordable price, these could become a real favorite for daily use for me!

I know they are releasing some of these decks to the public after all of the Kickstarter orders have been fulfilled, but I don't expect the prices to get better until sometime in the future... Sigh.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Most of my collection:
http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/277/images
Cbkimble

I received my Impressions set today and something I wasn't expecting, a signed Stealth deck.
Attachments
20150117_172449.jpg
MPC Impressions collection.png
MPC Impressions collection.png (540.32 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
signed deck
signed deck
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

Fes wrote:
doobybrain wrote:If anybody here has a deck of these coming to them, would you mind posting a pic of a card being bent. I'm curious how the raised ink holds up while being stretched through bending (while shuffling or any other method).
I gave it a shot. The embossing stuff is very thin you can see it on one of the pics, it's rubbery and I really don't think it will be any problem. The king of diamonds there was used in a friendly poker game as well as three solitaire games last night. The Joker was teased and inspected not much else and as you can see there is almost no difference between the two. The card stock isn't as springy as I'd hoped and I play hell getting these to faro. They stood up to poker pretty well. The rubber stuff they use to make the embossing flexes beautifully. I don't think longevity on these will be a problem at all, only time will tell so we'll have to wait and see.

The embossing isn't raised off the card anywhere on the king of diamonds or any other card. It's just printed that way. The joker shows the same in the lighting, the clear embossing rubber stuff a long the hat. It's really not noticeable when you're using the deck. Tried to get the lighting to show it off as best I could.
Thanks for the images. Yeah, it looks like it holds up well. I was just worried that they would crack.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Cbkimble wrote:I received my Impressions set today and something I wasn't expecting, a signed Stealth deck.
Well no wonder, you bought everything! :lol:
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

WillHart CthulhuWho1 wrote:The Standard and Court Decks will see heavy use by me; while the Stealth and Phantom Decks are more for collecting fun.
I got a standard and stealth, just for collection, but after seeing in person they are just too cool not to use. I may have to pick up a replacement set for the collection if I can't resist. They are pretty neat! I forgot they were releasing these later, thanks for that reminder.
Cbkimble

Eoghann wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:I received my Impressions set today and something I wasn't expecting, a signed Stealth deck.
Well no wonder, you bought everything! :lol:
I didn't really want 3 of each deck but it was basically the same price to get the bundle than 2 of each and all uncuts.