Get MADE! Mob-Themed USPCC BICYCLE (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Get MADE! Mob-Themed USPCC BICYCLE (KS) (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Same here. I cancelled my vikings pledge b/c of the multitude of tucks. I cant pledge and not get all decks offered. I bet you that they come out with at least one more ultra rare tuck limited to no kore than 500.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Re: Get MADE! Mob-Themed USPCC BICYCLE (KS)

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Wait wait wait.... Let me get things straight here....

Because y'all dont want the LE tuck swaps on these AWESOME cards (vikings included), you drop the WHOLE pledge? Why?

Cuz I hated the tuck swaps too, but I at least got the original pairs.

Whats wrong with y'all? Weirdo collectors.... ;-)
Godzillian wrote:I've pledged for an EB quadruple. Love the theme, love the artwork. Reminds me, I should get Ellusionist's Pressers...

Still after collecting for three months and opening EVERY single deck of cards I get, Pressers are still in my top 5 decks.

The feel of these cards is UNREAL. I dont know what they did, but they just feel... different...
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Godzillian

Unread post by Godzillian »

SBurk49 wrote:Wait wait wait.... Let me get things straight here....

Because y'all dont want the LE tuck swaps on these AWESOME cards (vikings included), you drop the WHOLE pledge? Why?

Cuz I hated the tuck swaps too, but I at least got the original pairs.

Whats wrong with y'all? Weirdo collectors.... ;-)
Lol I think a few of us collectors are "Gotta Catch 'Em All" types. If we get one Artifice, we gotta have all the other colors. If we get one GET MADE! decks, we gotta get all the different variations. It's hard for our wallets :/ For me, it's also the fact that these guys keep pulling out Limited Edition tucks outta their backsides, but make no changes to the cards themselves.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Godzillian wrote:
I think I'm done with Crooked Kings. Too many "Limited Edition" tucks & not enough changes to the Limited Edition cards themselves to justify the higher price. They did this with Vikings too. I didn't approve of it then, and I still don't approve of it now. The coin thing is interesting, but I don't collect coins and it's just a way for them to increase the prices on the Limited Edition decks. Dropped my EB Double Double pledge.
Same here. I was on the fence about these, but the LE tucks game has left a bad taste in my mouth.

SBurk: I think this is more of a "vote with your wallet" kind of deal, showing that we don't want this kind of a thing by not supporting them and giving them our money. And as completionists it might bother some people more to only have 1 of a 3 deck set than to not have any at all. Plus it's getting easier and easier to pass up decks these days, neither these nor Vikings are truly "top tier" decks in my book. Definitely good, no doubt, but our wallets are getting smaller and smaller so the decks that we decide to buy need to be better and better.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Can someone enlighten me on how cotton and cranes are related to the mob ?

Btw the new tucks look terrible.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

volantangel wrote:Can someone enlighten me on how cotton and cranes are related to the mob ?

I'm also clueless on that connection.

Agreed on the tucks, it's the new trend that LE tucks are just black or white with some embellishments or whatever.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Verloren

Unread post by Verloren »

MagikFingerz wrote:
volantangel wrote:Can someone enlighten me on how cotton and cranes are related to the mob ?

I'm also clueless on that connection.

Agreed on the tucks, it's the new trend that LE tucks are just black or white with some embellishments or whatever.
Cotton Club - Big name jazz club during the Prohibition era in the USA (and sold liquor). A lot of famous musicians used to perform there (Lena Horne, Duke Ellington, Count Basie among the many).
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
flyers3003
White Whale: Original Rarebit

Unread post by flyers3003 »

Godzillian wrote: I think I'm done with Crooked Kings. Too many "Limited Edition" tucks & not enough changes to the Limited Edition cards themselves to justify the higher price. They did this with Vikings too. I didn't approve of it then, and I still don't approve of it now. The coin thing is interesting, but I don't collect coins and it's just a way for them to increase the prices on the Limited Edition decks. Dropped my EB Double Double pledge.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. Even though his numbers are still going up, it won't be from me. I dropped my EB Double Double as well. I'm done with Crooked Kings and CPC (see tuck swap for Physique and his son's tuck swap for Classic Monsters). Tired of this trend, and its really a shame with so many other decent decks on KS right now that aren't yet funded and this practice keeps pulling in more money.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

I'm probably going to pull out my pledge with the release of the LE tucks. Judging from the Vikings campaign, they'll probably come out with one more LE tuck aside from the 2. I also pulled out my Vikings pledge back then because of all the LE tucks.
Gruul
Decks Owned: 382

Unread post by Gruul »

I am having some issues as well. I am not going for the alternate tucks. I don't do coins and the tucks don't grab me enough to warrant the hit to the wallet. I love the deck, but, I think it would eat at me to see my display cases and know that I am missing half of the set. I think I am going to try to ride it out until they release another tuck.
Gruul

Unread post by Gruul »

I am loving the addons. That cigar box is pretty nice. I made a comment on their page before the 20k mark in jest, but, works for me! Probably a little tough to include actual cigars or guns in the campaign though. ;)
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I prefer projects that focus on the deck not how much profit they can make.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

I'm learning from my mistake on the Viking project. No alternate tucks for me this time!
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

I really can't bring myself to add on the LE decks (I don't like either of the tuck designs), but I really really really like the art on this one so I'm sticking with my gold and silver deck pledge. I like having all the decks in a series, too, and this is the first time I'm consciously choosing not to get the LE decks.
Gruul

Unread post by Gruul »

Sher wrote:I really can't bring myself to add on the LE decks (I don't like either of the tuck designs), but I really really really like the art on this one so I'm sticking with my gold and silver deck pledge. I like having all the decks in a series, too, and this is the first time I'm consciously choosing not to get the LE decks.
I agree. I really like this deck and no longer think I could walk away from it. The alternate tucks aren't for everybody, including me, but I think the deck design is solid. I know I am walking close to the firing squad by saying it, but, I think this falls in the "Buy what you like" collecting mantra. I know that many people here have a bad taste about the alternate tucks here and on their previous project, but, I don't feel it should warrant an exodus from the Gold and Silver eds for those who like them. *Takes a deep breath and prepares for lashing* ;)
Godzillian

Gruul wrote:
Sher wrote:I really can't bring myself to add on the LE decks (I don't like either of the tuck designs), but I really really really like the art on this one so I'm sticking with my gold and silver deck pledge. I like having all the decks in a series, too, and this is the first time I'm consciously choosing not to get the LE decks.
I agree. I really like this deck and no longer think I could walk away from it. The alternate tucks aren't for everybody, including me, but I think the deck design is solid. I know I am walking close to the firing squad by saying it, but, I think this falls in the "Buy what you like" collecting mantra. I know that many people here have a bad taste about the alternate tucks here and on their previous project, but, I don't feel it should warrant an exodus from the Gold and Silver eds for those who like them. *Takes a deep breath and prepares for lashing* ;)
You heathen! We are PURISTS! It's all for one or none for all! /joking

Seriously, if you like the deck, go get it. I've had to become more selective cuz my budget's shrunk. But if you have the wallet for it, you should just get whatever you like :) Hobbies are for fun after all.
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

Lol! To clarify, I don't have a large wallet, so I'm being pretty selective, too. The design on these decks have made my cut. :) I know these decks don't make some people's cut, but thats fine, and it's a matter of preference. I didn't back the gentlemen 52 or the vikings deck, but this one I just have to have.
Bikefanatic

That new cedar humidor case they have out looks real slick. I noticed they said it CAN HOLD UP TO 6 DECKS! Since it's already 4 tucks for this KS project....................... it's a possibility they can offer 2 more limited tucks so that all 6 of them could be carried around in your fancy red box! :mrgreen:
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Sher wrote:Lol! To clarify, I don't have a large wallet, so I'm being pretty selective, too. The design on these decks have made my cut. :) I know these decks don't make some people's cut, but thats fine, and it's a matter of preference. I didn't back the gentlemen 52 or the vikings deck, but this one I just have to have.
Tuck swaps will NEVER make the cut for me.

MINIMUM of a different back design. Even then, It had better be a significantly different back design.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Sher

Unread post by Sher »

SBurk49 wrote:
Sher wrote:Lol! To clarify, I don't have a large wallet, so I'm being pretty selective, too. The design on these decks have made my cut. :) I know these decks don't make some people's cut, but thats fine, and it's a matter of preference. I didn't back the gentlemen 52 or the vikings deck, but this one I just have to have.
Tuck swaps will NEVER make the cut for me.

MINIMUM of a different back design. Even then, It had better be a significantly different back design.
For this one I'm not getting the tuck swaps. As previously stated, I'm sticking with just the Gold and Silver decks. I just meant that the design of the deck overall makes my cut.

But anyway even if I'm not getting the tuck swaps for these, I do purchase tuck swaps depending on the design. To each his/her own.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

New decks added limited to 1250 each

Bikefanatic

Bikefanatic wrote:That new cedar humidor case they have out looks real slick. I noticed they said it CAN HOLD UP TO 6 DECKS! Since it's already 4 tucks for this KS project....................... it's a possibility they can offer 2 more limited tucks so that all 6 of them could be carried around in your fancy red box! :mrgreen:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

-Lotrek

Gruul

Unread post by Gruul »

Bikefanatic wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:That new cedar humidor case they have out looks real slick. I noticed they said it CAN HOLD UP TO 6 DECKS! Since it's already 4 tucks for this KS project....................... it's a possibility they can offer 2 more limited tucks so that all 6 of them could be carried around in your fancy red box! :mrgreen:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
Haha. You nailed it. :lol: These are in a different design though. I really like the tucks and the new color scheme and backs. I am in for these. Also bit the bullet and got the tuck swaps as I think that they would look good in my display case all together now. If they release some kind of old time-y car that holds all of the decks with the coins as hub caps, I might be doomed :oops:
SuicideKing

Unread post by SuicideKing »

A slightly different design... and two new tucks! This begins to be boring...

An other one like that and I might cancel my pledge...
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

Wow they outdid themselves. Vikings only had 5 decks. This has 6 and the 2 new tuck cases are horrible. They just keep pushing me to cancel my pledge.
Godzillian

Why stop at 6? Let's go for 8!!! The last 2 will be different tuck versions of the Empire Ule and Kingpin Ule deck :twisted:

They should have skipped the Cotton Club and Stork Club decks. It makes no sense if they already had the Ule decks in mind. This is some nasty business tactic.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Nasty nasty nasty, I think I'm pulling out of my pledge, and honestly their tuck boxes look like crap, I wonder who designed their court cards for them..
louizz
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by louizz »

Geez Louise guys, we can't win! :cry:

I'm not entirely sure if even saying anything on here will do any good, because I think some of you have painted us into this image that we're not. But, I figure it's worth a shot, so that's got to count for something.

I guess I'll start at the LEs. We had an idea early on when we were creating this project that we wanted to do a design that paid homage to the two biggest speakeasies in that timeframe, i.e. the Cotton Club and Stork Club. Speakeasies where underground illegal bars during the prohibition era. They were typically frequented and ran by mobsters, and really provided the first "illegal business" operations that were somewhat legit during this time. With that said, we also new we wanted to do an ENTIRELY new run with different backs, designs, and tucks, and be themed around being a successful mobster (i.e. Kingpin and Empire) but were limited in volume ordering to make the numbers work.

So, ultimately, we decided the best way to go about this would be to do the LEs as a tuck swap, but include a free matching coin. We figured people wouldn't feel slighted since they're not only getting a high end tuck with embossing and foil stamping, but a high end coin that is both hand signed and has matching edge text to match their deck number. Understanding that not everyone is a "coin collector", but that was a REALLY good deal we thought, and it would enable us to still do our original plan of covering both areas of mob life.

I get that not everyone collects tuck swaps/variants. And that's totally cool. But, I don't really understand why that's an issue. I guess our logic is that if you like the original artwork, which I really worked hard on, then that's that. Back it and pass on the add-on LE. IMHO it doesn't make sense (at least to me) to pass on an entire project just because something is offered that you don't like. If you go to a restaurant and order a hamburger and the waiter informs you that comes with fries, but you hate fries, you don't get up and leave do you? Like all of our projects we try to offer a LARGE variety of add-ons to appease all walks of life. If you don't want it, that's cool, just pass on adding it. :P

There's TONS of decks out there that offer multiple decks in their projects! Even more then us! They range from swaps, to minor color changes, to material differences. We didn't create the wheel by any stretch of the imagination. We aim to offer cool cards to collectors, and cool accessories. That's it. We just want to make everyone happy and produce a satisfying product.

As for the ULEs, I don't see why anyone would complain about those. They are after all, what you guys have been saying you wanted. Different backs, different design, and different tucks. ALL NEW! I have no problem with someone saying they don't like the design. That I can at least wrap my head around. :D

We had to offer your choice of tucks, do to the minimum order of 2500 from Bicycle. 2500 isn't a very limited run if you ask me, so we opted to split the deck and offer 1250 Empire and 1250 Kingpin. Each hand signed and custom numbered seal.

I understand some people are just naturally going to gripe and moan. That's cool. It's your prerogative to do so. But I've been monitoring this message board since day one, and even spoken to a handful of you personally, so I can promise our intentions are good and come from the heart!

We love playing cards and even all you quirky collectors, as we're collectors ourselves, but please don't twist our best intentions into something they're not!

I'm sure if you talk to some of your fellow posters, they can vouch for us that we're good peeps. :D
Gruul

Unread post by Gruul »

Godzillian wrote:Why stop at 6? Let's go for 8!!! The last 2 will be different tuck versions of the Empire Ule and Kingpin Ule deck :twisted:

They should have skipped the Cotton Club and Stork Club decks. It makes no sense if they already had the Ule decks in mind. This is some nasty business tactic.
I agree that I would not have missed the cotton and stork tucks if they weren't offered, but, I don't see this as nefarious in any way. I am no artist by any means, but, I am sure that designers have tons of ideas. At least it is only 2 tuck options per deck. Many other projects I have seen offer two styles (branded/ unbranded). I would definitely feel uneasy if it was 3 or more tucks for each deck. Would it be different if one version was unbranded? (Real question. Just looking to understand the feelings of my well respected brethren.)
volantangel wrote:Nasty nasty nasty, I think I'm pulling out of my pledge, and honestly their tuck boxes look like crap, I wonder who designed their court cards for them..
If you liked the original enough to pledge, why back out now? I don't mean to sound challenging, just wondering as I don't have the same experience as you.