[BUY] Looking for my first Lotrek/Oath whale

Need a quick buck or trying to find that rare deck? Check here! If you are a reseller or posting an offer for members that is not a private sale, please use the "Reseller offers" forum (above) instead!
Forum rules

Private Only (member to member) - NOT FOR BULK OR GROUP SALES!

1. We are not running or in charge of any transactions happening here. It is your responsibility to check and see who you are dealing with is a fraud or a friend.

2. Topics must start with either [BUY] - [SELL] - [TRADE] - [CoOp] - [EBAY] or [ISO]

3. In your post you must post your name or ebay handle

4. You must say what country you are shipping from.

5. You MUST post contact information, such as an email or eBay account name.

6. Give as much information as you can when selling (condition, quantity, etc)

7. DO NOT 'BUMP' YOUR OWN THREAD WITHIN 3 DAYS OF POSTING. MODIFY THE EXISTING ONE.

REMEMBER: UnitedCardists.com, the owner and "Friends of UC" specifically disclaim any liability for the use of this forum
Kirillas
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 130

Re: [BUY] Looking for my first Lotrek/Oath whale

Unread post by Kirillas »

kevork wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:49 am
Kirillas, however much you sold him the Silk decks for, my purchase price after he had asked for $550 ended up being $450. Only you'll know how much he flipped it for. It is interesting that the old Reddit posts got deleted shortly after I brought up his old Silk sale on this thread.
I'm not going to lie - he didn't make any money selling you Silk decks a year ago, if that was the same pair he bought from me, maybe he really needed the money for some reason back then. However, I cannot explain his current behavior otherwise than by the desire to earn extra money. He actively began to look for rare Lotrek decks recently on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayingCardsMa ... rek_deckd/ - here he wrote that he was looking for any rare decks, but he deleted this announcement), in a group on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listi ... 547067949/ - "Looking for: Standard oath gold/gold, Golden Oath / blue oath / prototype, Silver Arabesque / error deck") and on this forum
gallardo99 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:09 pm Looking for one of the 3 golden oath, - Or icons series, the reversed Hopefully. - Sanctus
The wish lists didn't match up anywhere, but the funniest thing for me is how he called the current topic here: "[BUY] Looking for my first Lotrek/Oath whale") This was written by a guy who recently sold Damask and Silk decks!
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

Kirillas wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:54 pm
gallardo99 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:01 pm Regarding tucks, I really like the blue silk.
What a coincidence!... Someone put up for sale on ebay exactly the same pair of decks that I sold you a year and a half ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394691978623. I recognize the black deck by the crease in the cellophane. It looks like these decks were cursed: the one who bought them from you decided to sell them as well and the seller is still in Norway like you. Kevork was lucky - he bought another pair from you)

I show them as having been on last at 5:21am - a few hours after this was posted just before the next post went up - lack of any rebuttle does not bode well either.
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

So it looks like he is trying to use decks to finance other decks. He did allude to this in his main post here on UC but hasn't been forthcoming in the many places he's posting, probably because no one would want to sell to him then.

Here it is in clear writing:
Screenshot_20230624_100032_Samsung Internet.jpg
Kirillas

Buying decks cheaper from good-natured collectors in order to resell them at a higher price to people who do not quite know the current prices, and repeat the cycle again with the money earned - this is really not prohibited. What is he doing wrong? He just helps people sell and buy decks)
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Kirillas wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:59 pm Buying decks cheaper from good-natured collectors in order to resell them at a higher price to people who do not quite know the current prices, and repeat the cycle again with the money earned - this is really not prohibited. What is he doing wrong? He just helps people sell and buy decks)
It's not prohibited, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not when your previous posts highlighted this very issue of reselling.

I personally have an issue with it because it seems disingenuous. It wouldn't sit right with me if I sold someone a deck at a price I felt was fair and then they went around and tried to resell it for more. I'd feel taken advantage of. Yes it can be "helping" but it can also be exploitative as well.
Kirillas

kevork wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:05 pm
Kirillas wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:59 pm Buying decks cheaper from good-natured collectors in order to resell them at a higher price to people who do not quite know the current prices, and repeat the cycle again with the money earned - this is really not prohibited. What is he doing wrong? He just helps people sell and buy decks)
It's not prohibited, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not when your previous posts highlighted this very issue of reselling.
Man, of course I'm sarcastic) I think that people will definitely do without this kind of "help" (and "helpers") - it will certainly be "really hard" for them, but they will manage)
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Kirillas wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:27 pm
kevork wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:05 pm
Man, of course I'm sarcastic) I think that people will definitely do without this kind of "help" (and "helpers") - it will certainly be "really hard" for them, but they will manage)
I thought you might be but I wasn't sure! I appreciate you looping me and the community into your sleuthing skills. With the days of the internet, we certainly don't need those "helpers." I've helped people find decks by connecting parties together. No need for the buy and sell bs.
jasonx73it
White Whale: Blue Golden Oath

Unread post by jasonx73it »

Kirillas wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:00 pm
An open Sanctus deck has just appeared on Ebay. You can try your luck at the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155618604607
I have to thank you for posting the link, cause in the end I got quite lucky on the auction
Kirillas

jasonx73it wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:18 am
Kirillas wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:00 pm
An open Sanctus deck has just appeared on Ebay. You can try your luck at the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155618604607
I have to thank you for posting the link, cause in the end I got quite lucky on the auction
Don't mention it. I'm just glad if you added a deck that you like to the collection
Oneiros88

Unread post by Oneiros88 »

kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Yup, that's conclusive. I no longer trust this individual as someone who cares about collecting decks. He's profiting off the community disingenuously.

Check this:
gallardo99 wrote: I just sold my red damask to get my hands on å pair of red and blue silk. I like to have them in pairs, and a blue damask is almost impossible to get.
Our lovely poster of this thread who has mentioned a blue Damask is impossible to find suddenly has one for sale (thanks for linking that Martin): https://www.ebay.com/itm/394705679032

He's been caught in a blatant lie. Who are you trying to fool?
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

What a turn this has taken, that Damask is 30% above the last established price too with the gall to charge shipping on top, true definition of low-life scalping, and pretending to be a legit collector in order to gain more decks to scalp is straight up sociopathic scamming.
armant96

Unread post by armant96 »

Hello! I have a few Lotrek decks on auction and sale on eBay. You can use the link below to take a look at them if interested.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/artonap0
GandalfPC

armant96 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:24 am Hello! I have a few Lotrek decks on auction and sale on eBay. You can use the link below to take a look at them if interested.

I would create a new thread rather than popping into this one - that having been said, I hope someone here manages to grab that golden oath, might even be me, though I fear bidding may get out of hand…. Dondorfs looking pretty too

jasonx73it

GandalfPC wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:59 am

I would create a new thread rather than popping into this one - that having been said, I hope someone here manages to grab that golden oath, might even be me, though I fear bidding may get out of hand…. Dondorfs looking pretty too
I’m on the golden oath too, let’s not hurt ourselves 😀
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

armant96 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:24 am Hello! I have a few Lotrek decks on auction and sale on eBay. You can use the link below to take a look at them if interested.

Looks like someone nabbed that grotesk invertedd inferno I placed on my watchlist it was a steal but I was contemplating
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
GandalfPC

jasonx73it wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:58 am I’m on the golden oath too, let’s not hurt ourselves 😀
I doubt I have a serious enough wallet this time around to grab it - I may follow it up to 400 or 450, but at that point I will be spectator

Looks like its going past my grab it at a bargain price - so I won’t be a bidder - good luck ;)

jasonx73it

Well I ended up getting the Golden Oath, so it will have a very good home.
Very happy and very poor.
If another whale shows up in the following month I’m going to cry.
krystalie
White Whale: Gothik By Ian Daniels

Unread post by krystalie »

Anyone here grabbed the liturgy treasure? Just curious
Sell/Trade | P52(WIP) | Buy | In sooth I know not why I am so sad
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

krystalie wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:12 pm Anyone here grabbed the liturgy treasure? Just curious
Looks like someone threw a bid on it at the end. It did look a bit stained on the back though. I just realized the items were listed as new, such as the Dondorf, but the cards were opened. Someone purchased that at the very end as well.

I had planned on asking Arman to buy the treasure directly if no one ended up bidding on it, but alas. Congratulations to the winners :)
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Seems like too much f'ery to follow.

If I sell a deck for $300 and they sell it for $600+, it wouldn't matter to me because it's theirs now. If I buy a high priced deck, it's for me to keep because I like it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Was his account banned or he deleted himself out of existence?

I found it interesting he is putting decks on eBay shortly after some notorious scalpers put theirs on eBay. Highly doubt there's some coordination going on but still bizarre. He's at it again: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394714721141
GandalfPC

Looks like he deleted himself

GandalfPC

Price has been dropping rapidly, so I imagine the amount extended in this quick flip venture is a heavy carry
IMG_5619.jpeg

This is also up from an Italian seller, don’t know if thats the scalping group or not, but here ya go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225657053983

IMG_5620.jpeg

kevork

Unread post by kevork »

GandalfPC wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:32 am This is also up from an Italian seller, don’t know if thats the scalping group or not, but here ya go: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225657053983
It is.
david_cards

Unread post by david_cards »

OATH BLUE , beautiful and rare deck. hard to find .
lucky whoever buys it :-)
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

david_cards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:14 pm OATH BLUE , beautiful and rare deck. hard to find .
lucky whoever buys it :-)
There's a feature in UC where you can read between the lines? I didn't know this.

(Hi, this is my sale. Please support my flipping endeavors by buying this beautiful and rare deck so that I may continue to profit off of other collectors.)
david_cards

This message has been removed as it violates our policy against personal attacks, and the poster has been banned for one month as he just received a warning on this.

Why one month and not permanent? Good question, lets see if the poster manages to not make me sorry about it in the future.

GandalfPC
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

It was edited for a reason.

You are free to write the price you want. Others are free to express their disdain. You could be honest and say "hi this is my listing. Best of luck." Instead you come in to try to hype the deck you're trying to flip.

Calling people out for predatory practices on a community forum meant for collecting helps those in the community from getting exploited, so I disagree with your point. I can see how that would be annoying to you though.

Please do not speak on behalf of the forum. Speak on behalf of yourself.
david_cards

from me, YOU ARE EXAGERING is advice. you want that deck but you can't afford it, that's your problem. you're belittling a Lotrek masterpiece and you don't want the prices to go up in value. this is my last message because i'm working. peace

Edited to remove personal attack - and this is his last message for a month because he’s earned a ban.

GandalfPC