Red Monarchs - Oct 31st

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: Red Monarchs - Oct 31st

Unread post by CBJ »

I'm a HUGE fan of the 4 deck tuck box. It would make an excellent display box.
I hope more designers start doing this!

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

JPMiddleton wrote:Randy, has the cost put you off doing the custom brick boxes again?

I love the idea of the 4-pack tuck personally, think it will make a great gift and I can understand why it's a little higher in price than 4 individuals.

Nah, I'll just be more careful with future Deck themes. I'm in my hiatus from working at night (the only time I work on Cards) until December 1st - wife mandated! I have it all planned out what I want to do for 2014 and it's definitely a lot more popular theme(s).

CBJ - I love the 4 Deck Tuck Box as well, but I wouldn't want to do one just for the fact that it's Theory 11's brainchild. Although anyone can reproduce a Dieline, I think they deserve to have the Giant Tuck Box as their concept for at least a couple years. I hate copycats!

thanks, Randy
JokerzGamez
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

I like the idea of the Giant tuck box and I would love to see more of them (especially if Randy made one :D)!

Im just happy that they aren't having a "BUY A MONARCH 4 PACK + A RED MONARCH UNCUT + A BRICK OF RED MONARCHS AND GET A FREE ULTRA SUPER MEGA LIMITED GREEN MONARCHS OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!" promotion :lol:
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

So, I had not bothered ordering any flavor of Monarchs before, but the red looked good, so I finally ponied up, getting blue (which looks black to me) and white (silver?) while I was at it.

The T11 website says that these cards have gold foil stamped on the cards (not just on the tuck boxes), but I see no evidence of that at all. Those of you who have ordered Monarchs… do your decks appear to have metallic gold on the courts/jokers? None of the three decks I opened appear to.

In an effort to make sure it wasn't a trick of the light, I opened up my decks of Artisans which I know have metallic printing, and my goodness, they are nice and shiny. Monarchs, definitely not.

So, your results?

In other news, the tuck box for the red… I do not tend to put a lot of stock into tuck boxes (har, har), but wow, the red tuck box has an out of this world feel to it. Absolutely love it. It's a joy just to open it up.

I just wish I could love the cards inside as much. Put one of these style boxes around an Artisan, and we have a winner. Better yet, a Red Monarch-style box around a Jackson Robinson designed deck featuring metallic gold or silver printing, and I'm in playing card heaven.

I wonder what Uusi could do with metallic inks/stamping...
This space intentionally left blank.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

That is typical T11 for you: awesome tuck box, but the actual cards are underwhelming. I think most of the time metallic ink used on the actual cards don't look that metallic at all. And I haven't seen any decks where gold foil is actually stamped into the cards themselves, I would imagine they would fan like crap if that happened.