Tales by Thirdway Industries [KS]

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Tales by Thirdway Industries [Feb. 17, 2021 KS]

Unread post by Strag »

and lest we forget, the world revolves around the US right? Jesus, stop with the entitlement already, it's about time we Euros get something friendly for us!
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Generally speaking, I am trying to make the "launch hour" less important than the "launch day".

I was not sure if announce the "hour" for Tales and my idea is progressively announce only the "day" of KS campaigns.
I am going to plan and launch at specific hours only on uber-limited items that require a super-fast purchase, like Eva Red Rose - however I don't like these launches so I am trying to do these as seldom as possible.

Of course the early birds are there for the quickest ones and in this case for certain backers will be more complicated get them, but those are just few dollars less than the "normal" reward, so I hope it's not a big deal. The most important thing is, imho, get the reward you want to before it's sold out, and this should be "guaranteed" for the first 24 hours.

From my experience the rewards who go sold out more quickly are the Tridents (plenty of those) and the Boxes (not many, but potentially restockable if sold out during the first 24 hours).

Backers from USA are the most (rough estimate, 70%) and I am genuinely sorry to launch in an hour "complicated" for them.
I just picked the hour that allow me to assist for the longest time possible. In Italy is morning and I can keep the KS under control since night.
I launched in afternoon/night previously, but all the EB were burned in few minutes no matter what and I had fewer hours to keep things under control.

I explained this accurately since I really feel bad when I have to pick a specific hour that may potentially force people to wake up early/late and I am trying to find the right balance to avoid this :-)

(As usual there is free shipping for all US backers :mrgreen:)
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 am
masagin303 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:10 am
Please, read again the whole thing.
[...] You have been warned.
Ooh, scary!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

masagin303 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 am
vasta41 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 am Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that 4 AM EST? If so, please explain how that's friendly??
Constructive version incoming...The "friendly for every timezone" part quite obviously meant that limited items will be available during the whole launch day, so nobody's missing out. You for some reason deleted that part from TWI citation accusing him with unfriendly launch hour. Here's the whole thing again:
I am planning the campaign to make limited rewards very easy to get during the first day... at least it will be friendly for every timezone.
You either didn't understand (that's why "read again" advice) or just :troll:
As Gio explained:
Unfortunately I am aware that the launch hour is not friendly for a lot of countries and I am sorry for that (for the Early Birds, that are a little cheaper and usually go sold out in the first hour).
Not that I need to explain myself to you but I seldom ever back the "ultra limited" decks and prefer to snag EBs because every dollar counts (if a $10 deck is $2 cheaper in an EB it's a savings of 20%... monetarily a small savings but a much better value).

@Gio Thank you for clarifying something that obviously needed further explanation. Well, obvious to some.
Entaro
White Whale: Delirium Signature Edition

Unread post by Entaro »

Looks like I'll be setting that 4am alarm! Lol
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Entaro wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:12 pm Looks like I'll be setting that 4am alarm! Lol
You're a braver man than I! If my colic-ridden son wasn't allowing me to only get a few hours of sleep a night, I might do that too. But SLEEP > TALES EB discount for me right now.
Entaro

Unread post by Entaro »

vasta41 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:34 pm
Entaro wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:12 pm Looks like I'll be setting that 4am alarm! Lol
You're a braver man than I! If my colic-ridden son wasn't allowing me to only get a few hours of sleep a night, I might do that too. But SLEEP > TALES EB discount for me right now.
If it makes you feel better based on my past track record with such things I'm likely to sleep through my alarm 😅
56inCello
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Mono - X LE
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by 56inCello »

Looking like I may be getting my first TWI decks! Pretty neat! I might even stay up until 4am because why not :D
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

56inCello wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:13 pm Looking like I may be getting my first TWI decks! Pretty neat! I might even stay up until 4am because why not :D
Slightly OT, but I've got a half brick and a couple more TWI spares (mainly double-ups from last year's Patreon) I'd be willing to part with - for a fee - if you're interested.
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

My Email notifs states is around 9AM UTC
So if Siri calculations are correct, it should be 5PM for me. Hope to get that EB rewards

Come to think of it...... TWI decks are cheaper if you managed to get it from KS
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Timmargh

Is Gio late or am I early?
Entaro

Unread post by Entaro »

Timmargh wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:27 am Is Gio late or am I early?
Around 9 gives some flex in exact time lol but I'm definitely over here refreshing like I'm looking for concert tickets lol
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yes, a bit late... like the silly birds :uggrin:
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
laitostarr777

IT’s LIVE NOW!!!
Go get the EB
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

Entaro wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:30 am
Timmargh wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:27 am Is Gio late or am I early?
Around 9 gives some flex in exact time lol but I'm definitely over here refreshing like I'm looking for concert tickets lol
Those better be Rammstein tickets.

Made the top 100, got an EB.
laitostarr777

Tales
A series of three editions which based on fairy tales, fables, and fantasy. This is the latest creation from the brainchild of Thirdway Industries - Giovanni Meroni.

Quick Overview
There are three editions: HEROIC - LEGENDARY - ARCANE
Both HEROIC and ARCANE are unlimited, while the LEGENDARY is limited up to 1777 with custom seal and experimental tuckbox

Each three editions will have different back designs

All the courts will be different in each deck. The Legendary edition courts will be assymetrical - two sides of facade to tell the story. This is the Queen of Hearts from each edition of the deck.
HEROIC - Bella, the beautiful lady who asked for roses from her dad as a souvenir from his trip (inspired from Beauty and the Beast)
LEGENDARY - Queen Stepmother/Old Witch, the wicked woman who is jealous of Snow White's beauty, who resides in the castle with her Talking Mirror. She disguised herself as an Old Witch to give Snow White a poisoned apple (inspired from Snow White)
ARCANE - Sleeping Beauty, she was cursed that she will fall into deep sleep when she pricked her finger on a spindle. (inspired from Sleeping Beauty)

Heroic Tales
This edition's main color is RED. The main items for this deck is a sword and a crown. The deck shows characters that are valiant and brave, and some are pure of heart.
King of Spades - Valiant King

Spades - Royal Heroes
Jack of Spades - Prince Charming, a prince who always saved the day and get the princess (inspired from most princes in the fairytales, prominently Cinderella)
Queen of Spades - Brave Princess, a princess who doesn't need saving, as she is a warrior herself (inspired from *maybe* Mulan)

Hearts - Brave Heroes
Jack of Hearts - The Miller and The Kitten, a boy who seemingly receive an inheritance of only a cat, only for him to discover that this cat is special and help him reach a happy ending (inspired from Puss in Boots)
Queen of Hearts - Bella
King of Hearts - The Hero, the knight who is ready to sacrifice for the greater good

Clubs - Forest Heroes
Jack of Clubs - The Twins, two children who sadly have to be left by the parents in the forest, and they both encounter a house full of candy. They got captured by the evil witch, and eventually they managed to kill her (inspired from Hansel and Gretel)
Queen of Clubs(shown in Teaser) - Snow White, a beautiful young princess with skin as white as snow (inspired from Snow White)
King of Clubs - The Hunter, a lumberjack who managed to save Little Red Riding Hood from the Wolf (inspired from Little Red Riding Hood)

Diamonds - People's Heroes
Jack of Diamonds - The Scarlet Damsel, the small girl who is wearing a red velvet cloth, carrying meals for her Grandma, but she is staled by the Wolf (inspired from Little Red Riding Hood)
King of Diamonds - The Emperor, the mighty ruler who loves having the most luxurious clothes ever in the Kingdom (inspired from the Emperor's New Clothes)

Arcane Tales
This edition's main color is BLUE. The main items for this deck is a staff. The deck shows characters that are magical or having encountered with fantasy stuffs.
Queen of Hearts - The Narcoleptic Princess, she falls into a deep slumber because of the curse (inspired from Sleeping Beauty)

Spades - Pure Magic
Jack of Spades(shown in Teaser) - Little Jack, a boy who have traded a cow for beans. But, the beans grow a stalk that reaches to a castle full of treasures, which is how Jack gets the golden eggs (inspired from Jack and the Beanstalk)
Queen of Spades - Fairy Godmother, a fairy who helped Cinderella to fulfill her wish to attend the party for a night of her lifetime! (inspired from Cinderella)
King of Spades - The Archmage, a wizard who have studied for hundreds of years (inspired from *maybe* Merlin from the legend of King Arthur)

Hearts - Love Magic
Jack of Hearts - The Magic Piper, the magic flautist who magically help the town of Hamlin to get rid of the rats, but he never knew that he will be double-crossed by the Mayor of the town. In revenge, he did the same stunt for the children and make them disappear (inspired from the Pied Piper)
Queen of Hearts - Aurora, only a true lover's kiss can break the curse and wake her up from her deep sleep (inspired from the Sleeping Beauty)
King of Hearts - The Beast, once a handsome prince, but cursed to be a Beast until he found a true lover before the red rose withers (inspired from the Beauty and the Beast)

Clubs - Forest Magic
Jack of Clubs(shown in Teaser) - The Flying Boy, a boy who can fly thanks to pixie magic who comes from an island called Neverland (inspired from Peter Pan)
Queen of Clubs - Faere of the Woods, this fairy might be jealous at times, but she still good at heart. Her dust able to make people fly (inspired from Peter Pan)
King of Clubs - The Elven King, the ruler of the woods.

Diamonds - The Mountain
Jack of Diamonds - The Dwarf, the leader of the 7 dwarves, he with others mine for ores in the mountain, and later found a princess is sleeping in their homes (inspired from Snow White)
Queen of Diamonds - The Singing Maiden, she has an unusually long hair who lives in a very tall tower (inspired by *maybe* Rapunzel)
King of Diamonds - The Giant, a big giant who is friendly and vegetarian (inspired from Jack and the Beanstalk, but the giant is nicer)

Legendary Tales
The edition's main color is GOLDEN. This is a LIMITED EDITION, only to be made 1777 decks. The deck has asymmetrical courts, where two sides have different facades, and each side tells a story. It will be using experimental tuckbox.
Queen of Diamonds - Cinderella, a mocking nickname given to the girl named Ella who is forced to clean up the cinders from the fireplace by her stepmother and two annoying sisters. A Fairy Godmother comes to her that night, and she used her magic to create a beautiful dress, and transformed a pumpkin into a carriage and mices transformed to horses to take her into the party at the castle. She enjoys the party and a dance with the prince, but since the magic only lasted until Midnight, she has to rushed out, dropping her glass slipper. The next day, the Prince is looking for the owner of the slipper, in which it leads him to Ella, and he married her and lived happily ever after.

Asymmetrical Courts
King of Diamonds - The Emperor, is visited by two tailors who claimed that they can provide a very special set of clothes. They claimed it is the clothes that is invincible to the people who are idiots than him. Delighted from hearing this, the Emperor ordered them to make him that clothes, but little did he know that he is swindled. When it's "done", the Emperor proudly show it off on the streets, only for a child to cried he is completely naked!
King of Clubs - The Wolf, the sneaky canine who stalked the Little Red Riding Hood, and managed to find the house of her Grandma, where he ate her whole and dressed up in her outfit to fool the innocent girl for another easy lunch

Aces and Numbers
All of the Aces are customized, and the Pips are in Normal orientation - designed for gameplay. HEROIC has crown icons. LEGENDARY has sun icons. ARCANE has upward triangle icons.

Alternate Court Cards
These two extra court cards would be included in every deck. It shows the transformation of the characters
Jack of Hearts - The Miller when he was still a farm boy
King of Hearts - The Prince himself after the curse is broken by Bella

Jokers
Male Joker - The Frog Prince, a frog who will transform into a handsome prince after a kiss from the princess (inspired from the Frog Princess)
Female Joker - The Swan Princess, a beautiful princess of pure white, with three ducks, one is ugly (inspired from White Swan and the Ugly Duckling)

MORE UPDATES WILL FOLLOW
wingedpotato
White Whale: Cardistry-Con Tally Ho 2018
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by wingedpotato »

My first TWI backing since Omnia & Dedalo. I love the theme and execution of these and that they are a bit scaled back design-wise.
"I have no response to that."

https://portfolio52.com/profile/1230
KingfisherZero

Unread post by KingfisherZero »

TWI is always an easy back for me, so I'm probably biased. As much as I am a sucker for mythology, it's refreshing to see a take on some other subjects this last year (Order, Modern Idols, etc.). This one looks outstanding!
AKA "The Card Guy"

Subscribe for deck reviews galore! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Y-CG ... 7GFXMmULWA

IG: @TheCardGuyYT
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

I am in for the trident. These are delightful and a refreshing theme as well. I was hoping there would be a version with a full bleed color on the faces like the purple in Pantheon or the bright red of Order Electus. Despite that, I think these look amazing and I appreciate the asymmetric courts for the Legendary edition.

Well done, Gio!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
andreac75

Unread post by andreac75 »

Backed HEROIC & ARCANE decks!
veil
White Whale: Arabesque Error

Unread post by veil »

I managed to pledge for a fabulous box after Gio opened up a few more later in the day. Even the non-early birds were taken when I awoke, so I'm glad I managed to secure one. Looking forward to the "extras".
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

- Steven Wright

http://www.curatedcards.ca
Timmargh

I backed the triple deck deck.

Just went to read some comments and to see if it's funded only to see that it's over 200%!

:ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance: :ugdance:
laitostarr777

MORE IMAGES OF THE COURT CARDS
Both cards shown here will be for the Legendary edition. The Queen of Hearts here will be the alternative court for the deck.

Queen of Hearts - Aurora is a very beautiful princess, and the beloved daughter in the kingdom. During her birth, a ceremony is held where the entire kingdom watched her to be christened by three fairies. But the uninvited wicked fairy, feel left out, comes to curse Aurora that she will die when she pricked her finger on a spindle. Thus, the good fairies gives the remedy of the curse, which is a true lover's kiss will wake her up should the curse is fulfilled. The king is terrified that he ordered all of the spindles in the Kingdom destroyed. Even with that order, one spindle is left, and the curse led her to it, causing her to fall into a deep sleep.
Queen of Diamonds - Cinderella lived a cruel life under a stepmother and two annoying stepsisters. That night, the castle is hosting a party, and everyone is invited. Although, the stepmother keep Cinderella busy so she will never attend the party. Sensing the feeling of despair and sadness, the Fairy Godmother comes to her and use her magic to transform her into a beautiful Princess, and come to the party with style!
Gilded
Decks Owned: 777

Unread post by Gilded »

Man thank you Gio for opening more boxes on KS. I was stuck on a hex and the boxes were gone originally but I got one of the ones you added. Makes trying to grab everything so much easier!
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@Gilded - you welcome :-)

Thank you UC for the awesome support on these. Can't wait to reveal more :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
laitostarr777

Re: Tales by Thirdway Industries [KS]

SURPRISE!
Gio have revealed the new edition to the Tales! Presents... the Wicked Tales

Wicked Tales
The edition's main color is PURPLE. The main item for this deck is an evil magic staff. The deck is an opposite from the other decks, as the characters shown are the antagonists - the evil characters.

Spades - Pure Evil
Queen of Spades - The Evil Sorceress, The Fairy Godmother who practices black magic, thus making her pure evil - casting magic to ruin people's life and create a "Happily Never After" (inspired from Cinderella, modified to evil counterpart)

Hearts - Passionate Evil
Queen of Hearts - The Evil Stepmother, the wicked queen who lives in her castle with her Magic Mirror. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" she keeps on asking that question, hoping to be the only beautiful woman in the kingdom. But, when the mirror mentions of Snow White, she wants to have her killed. (inspired from Snow White)
Queen of Hearts - The Ugly Witch, she tasked a huntsman to kill Snow White. But, when the huntsman fail to fulfill his task (since he can't kill such a beautiful woman, so he presents to the Evil Stepmother a liver from an animal), she knew she had to do it herself. Disguising herself as an ugly witch, she comes to Snow White and offers her a poisoned apple, killing the beautiful woman. (inspired from Snow White)
King of Hearts - The Pirate Captain, the captain of the Jolly Roger, Captain Hook wants to seek revenge to Peter Pan for cutting off his hand, but fears of the Tickling Crocodile. That crocodile seemed to only interested on him. (inspired from Peter Pan)

Clubs - Natural Evil
Jack of Clubs - The Imp, the creature who comes in help of a woman who get "sold" by a cruel miller for the task to spin straws into gold. He is willing to help, but demands something in return. The woman agrees to give her jewelries for the two tasks, but on the third one, he demands a newborn, knowing that the King will marry her if the third task is done. Later, she doesn't want to fulfil the end of the bargain, but the Imp promised to remove that deal only if she can guess his name. Many guesses are wrong, until one night, the woman sneaks up to the cottage where he lives, where he overheard him saying his name - Rumpelstiltskin. (inspired from Rumpelstiltskin)
Queen of Clubs - The Evil Fairy, not all fairies are good, as some are evil with wicked intentions.

Diamonds - Violent Monsters
Jack of Diamonds - The Orc, possibly the Giant who lives on the Kingdom on the Clouds, owns quite a lot of treasures in his castle. Jack is able to reach his kingdom and steal some of his treasure. (inspired from Jack and the Beanstalk)
Queen of Diamonds - The Hungry Witch, a wicked witch who owns a house made of candy to lure children in and eat them. But, when Hansel and Gretel comes in, the kids had outsmarted her and killed her. (inspired from Hansel and Gretel)

Joker
The Cat and the Fox, two con-men who are tricking Pinnochio to many bad mishaps and eventually try to kill him. They both pretend to have disabilities so that the boy would help them - The Fox pretends to be lameness, while the Cat pretends to be blind.

If we all know Gio, the surprise won't end here.....
laitostarr777

Update on this project:
Production has been really well executed, the printing proofs shows it is already correct and ready for final production!!!
Damn, oh I really love these!!!
22627ca7e3ef09f5811f817ba2528875_original.jpg
22627ca7e3ef09f5811f817ba2528875_original.jpg (146 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
bd9c5e400f202012ea5220d3cf641b80_original.jpg
bd9c5e400f202012ea5220d3cf641b80_original.jpg (150.19 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
4b65efb64917eff411686fae5518a218_original.jpg
4b65efb64917eff411686fae5518a218_original.jpg (147.84 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
1d08b3b637007d4b0178aea0ec458004_original.jpg
1d08b3b637007d4b0178aea0ec458004_original.jpg (135.49 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
a4e89f6be66f2f8efbcb0584658c0a37_original.jpg
a4e89f6be66f2f8efbcb0584658c0a37_original.jpg (132.11 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
3e872a7531e9765b5d2971de7007df16_original.jpg
3e872a7531e9765b5d2971de7007df16_original.jpg (222.3 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
ddb2792b6fd2d8b9712b0fba9cb4dc64_original.jpg
ddb2792b6fd2d8b9712b0fba9cb4dc64_original.jpg (91.72 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
c74db9eea9e6cf7466ffe56a7c890609_original.jpg
c74db9eea9e6cf7466ffe56a7c890609_original.jpg (134.31 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
laitostarr777

Oh by the way, on Gio's update page, he shows every techincal printing layout of the decks, so we can all see the different illustrations in each edition, the tradition of Thirdway Industries decks, so I would compile everything in here - all the Jokers and all the courts from each edition, oh and as well, tell the stories which inspired them (hopefully you would learn something):

HEROIC
Joker A - The Blonde Girl and the Three Bears, a blonde girl who got lost in the forest, stumbles upon a house to eat the porridge, sit on the chairs, and sleep on the beds. Unknowingly, the house belongs to a family of three bears, Big Papa Bear, Medium Mama Bear, and Small Bear Cub. The bears were furious about her ransacking the place, so they chased her out from their home. - Goldilocks and the Three Bears by Robert Southey
Joker B - Tortoise and Hare, the tortoise who keeps getting ridiculed by the hare, grew tired of it and challenged the hare to a race. Knowing the hare will absolutely sure will win the race, he accepts. During the race, the hare runs as fast as he could, but then stops by for a nap. When he wakes up, he realized too late that he got a race to win, and eventually, the tortoise rise victorious. - The Tortoise and the Hare by Aesop

Jack of Spades - Prince Charming, the prince who always saves the day and rescue the damsels in distress throughout the Kingdom, but then, will he be able to satisfy all the Princesses? He needs to choose which woman that would be his companion for life. - Most fairytales, but prominently in Cinderella
Queen of Spades - Brave Princess, the princess who wants to seek honor for the family, brave herself to enter the battlefield and become the first female warrior. She doesn't need saving, as she herself is already a mighty fighter! - possibly inspired from Mulan
King of Spades - Noble King, a king who ruled the kingdom with his wisdom and riches. - most fairytales have Kings in the story

Jack of Hearts - The Prince with His Cat, he was just a peasant in the kingdom, but after owning that cat who desires to have boots, his life turned into an unexpected surprise and now lived like a royal. - Puss in Boots by Giovanni Straparola
Queen of Hearts - Rose Princess, a beautiful girl of a merchant who desires a beautiful rose from his journey. Then, the quest will eventually meets her with someone unexpected. Her name is Bella. - Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve; abridged and rewritten by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont
King of Hearts - Valiant King, a king who is ready to do under orders and brave himself through any perils in order to save the king's daughter, and potentially marrying her after the daring quest. He was destined to be king, after he pulled out a sword from the stone - The Legend of King Arthur

Jack of Clubs - Siblings, a boy and a girl of a poor family that hard to reach end's meet. The father and mother intend to leave them behind in the forests. For twice, the children Hansel and Gretel eventually managed to get back, but on the third time, they both are not lucky. The birds ate the trails of breadcrumbs, leaving them no way back home. Later, they found a house made of candy, and a witch greeted them to stay - not knowing that the witch wants to eat them. - Hansel and Gretel by Brothers Grimm
Queen of Clubs - Snow White, a beautiful woman whose skin is white as snow. She becomes the envy of her own Stepmother. She stayed with the 7 dwarves in forest, waiting for the troubles and manhunt for her is over... - Snow White by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
King of Clubs - The Hunter, a hermit who lives by the cabin in the woods, chopping wood and live life. But one day, he helped out a girl and her grandma from a beast, saving the day! - The Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault

Jack of Diamonds - The Girl and the Wolf, a little girl is tasked by her mother to bring food to her grandma and given a red velvet cloth to cover herself during the travels. But, during the walk in the forest, she meets with a cunning Wolf who is up to no good! - The Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault
Queen of Diamonds - The Maid, a poor girl left under the cruel life with stepmother and annoying two sisters after her father died. She is forced to do housechores, especially cleaning the cinders in the fireplace. Thus, she is named Cinderella. She is at the point of breaking down, until one night, everything changed for her! - Cinderella by Charles Perrault
King of Diamonds - The Emperor, a mighty emperor who has a lot of fancy clothes in his wardrobe. But when he heard there are tailors that claims to be able to make a one-of-a-kind clothing, he won't refuse that offer! - Emperor's New Cloth by Hans Christian Andersen

Extra Queen of Diamonds - The Princess, Ella is left out with a lot of house chose while the stepmother and the sisters attend the kingdom's royal party. Eventually, a fairy Godmother arrives to help her out, transforming her to a beautiful woman, arriving at the party and stunning the Prince. - Cinderella by Charles Perrault
Extra Jack of Hearts - The Miller, the boy is gifted a cat. He though it is an injustice, since he worked hard in the family. But eventually, he learned that the cat is very special, and it desires a pair of boots! - Puss in Boots by Giovanni Straparola

ARCANE
Joker A - Swan Princess, the beautiful princess named Odette was once a bright white swan swimming in the lake. Under the full moon, the white swan transformed into a beautiful princess! - Swan Lake by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Joker B - Frog Prince, the handsome prince who got bewitched into a frog. One day, she befriends with a spoiled princess in the Kingdom, and both are not really that comfortable, especially the princess have to maintain the friendship after the Frog help her retrieved her Golden Ball. Either get throwed to the wall or kissed, the Frog eventually transformed back into a man - a handsome prince! - The Frog Prince by Brothers Grimm

Jack of Spades - The Farmer Boy, Jack traded the family's cows for magic beans. The beans eventually grow into a beanstalk that leads to a Kingdom inhabited by Giants. He keeps on climbing and descent, pillaging treasures - Jack and the Beanstalk
Queen of Spades - Fairy Godmother, the good kind-hearted fairy who comes to the people who are desperate to give them hope. She comes to Ella and uses her magic to make a beautiful white dress and glass slippers, transforming a pumpkin into carriage, a lizard into coach guy, and mice as horses. - Cinderella by Charles Perrault
King of Spades - The Wizard, a mighty wizard who mastered the art of magic. Merlin is the wizard in Camelot, and he guides the future king Arthur to fulfill his destiny as the King of England. He guides Arthur to the Lake to meet with Nimueh, the Lady of the Lake, to retrieve Excalibur. - The Legend of King Arthur

Jack of Hearts - The Pied Piper, a flutist who got invited to Hamelin by the mayor of the town in request of removing their rat infestation. With his flute, he played a hypnotic song that drives all the rats and lead them to their demise out of town and drowned into the river. But, after the job is done, the Mayor backstabbed him and not wanting to pay a penny. In revenge, he played his hypnotic song to lure the children out and never to be seen again. - The Pied Piper
Queen of Hearts - The Narcoleptic Princess, she falls into a deep slumber as soon as she pricked her finger on a spindle - sadly the kingdom missed one of it to be destroyed. - The Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault
King of Hearts - The Beast, once a handsome prince, but now he is cursed by an enchantress because of his arrogance. He is given an enchanted rose which acts as a timer that he must find someone who loves him without judging his looks. Each petal will fall slowly... - Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve; abridged and rewritten by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont

Jack of Clubs - The Flying Boy, a boy who never grows up that can fly and accompanied by a fairy, he comes from an island called Neverland. It is said that island is where the inhabitants will never grow old. - Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Queen of Clubs - Fairy, a small magical being with wings of an insect. It's dust can help you fly high. Peter Pan is accompanied by a fairy, and her name is Tinkerbell. - Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
King of Clubs - The Elf King, the ruler of the elves that resides within the forest, ready to protect nature against dangerous threats!

Jack of Diamonds - The Dwarf, small being that loves going to the caves and mine for rocks and minerals. There are seven dwarves who lived together in the forest, and every day they are doing their jobs and rest at night. Though one day, they have an unexpected guest, a beautiful princess. - Snow White by Brothers Grimm
Queen of Diamonds - The Singing Princess, a beautiful woman who lives in a tall tower, only able to just watch by the window and dream of what is out there. She was a bargain by the witch from the family who is caught stealing her flowers. Now, Rapunzel is still living up there, combing her very long hair, awaiting for someone to rescue her. - Rapunzel by Brothers Grimm
King of Diamonds - The Giant, a large creature who is incredibly large and tall. Although he might be big, but he is kind... not all big boys are ugly. - Jack and the Beanstalk

Extra King of Hearts - The Prince, before he is a grizzly Beast, and now after founding a woman who loves him, the curse is broken and he transformed back to himself, a handsome prince. He marries Bella and lived happily ever after. - Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve; abridged and rewritten by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont
Extra Queen of Hearts - The Awaken Princess, Aurora falls into a deep sleep after fulfilling that curse. Only a true lover's kiss can wake her up. Thus, that leads to a prince comes to the rescue and gives her a kiss, and she awakes! - Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault

LEGENDARY
Joker A - Swan Princess Odette wearing a jester costume with two swans, a frog, and a red bird. There is an Ace of Diamonds and Ace of Clubs.
Joker B - The Frog Prince wearing a jester costume with two fairies, a tortoise, and a blue bird. There is an Ace of Spades and Ace of Hearts.

Jack of Spades - Conflicting Knights, there is the concept of Yin and Yang - when there is good, there is evil; where there is black, there is white. The black knight versus the white knight.
Queen of Spades - Double-Life Princess, sometimes a princess doesn't want to just stick around in the castle; she wants a bit of action!
King of Spades - A True King, a king never seeks out war, but always be prepared for it! (Thor reference)

Jack of Hearts - The Girl and the Wolf, The Little Red Riding Hood suddenly meets up with the Wolf. He appears to be a friendly creature, just asking her how she is doing and where she is going. Hearing about the Girl wanted to see her Grandma, he knows he had found his meal. So the Wolf tricked the Girl into picking some flowers or taking the "shortcut", while the Wolf rushes to devour the Grandma - Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault
Queen of Hearts - The Sleeping Beauty, Princess Aurora is a sweet and beautiful princess. During infancy, she was christened by fairies, but cursed by one wicked fairy that she will fall into deep slumber after pricking her finger on a spindle. - Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault
King of Hearts - The Beast, a prince who was cursed into a beast until he can find a woman who loves him. A beautiful red rose will be his guidance. - Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve; abridged and rewritten by Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont

Jack of Clubs - Sly Boy, Jack has no regrets of trading his cows for magic beans, as it grows into a beanstalk that reached up the Giant's castle on the sky. He managed to plunder a bag full of gold coins, a goose that can lay golden eggs, and a self-playing harp before he cut down the beanstalk when he got chased by a giant. - Jack and the Beanstalk
Queen of Clubs - Snow White, a beautiful woman whose skin as white as snow, but later she seemingly got killed after ingesting a poisoned apple by an old hag. - Snow White by Brothers Grimm
King of Clubs - The Wolf, this cunning canine managed to trick the Little Red Riding Hood and reached to the Grandma's house to devour her. Disguising himself as the old Granny, he plans to eat the little girl as well. - Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault

Jack of Diamonds - The Boy with his Cat, the miller received a cat as an inheritance, and the cat changed his life completely! - Puss in Boots by Giovanni Straparola
Queen of Diamonds - Magical Princess, Ella lived a very cruel life under her Stepmother, but one night she got enchanted by a Fairy Godmother to be able to attend the dance party to dance with the Prince. - Cinderella by Brothers Grimm
King of Diamonds - Emperor, he enjoys new clothes, so when two tailors claimed he has a special cloth for him, he accepts their offer. Unknowingly, the tailors are scammers who wants the money. They only pretend to make it and claimed it is invisible, although they just dramatize it. - Emperor's New Cloth by Hans Christian Andersen

Extra Queen of Spades - The Good and Evil GodMother, remember there is good an evil; where there is a good Fairy Godmother who casts good magic, there is an evil Fairy Godmother who casts evil magic.
Extra Queen of Hearts - The Evil Queen, the mother of Snow White who wants to be the only beautiful woman in the kingdom. She attempted multiple times to kill Snow White, until she had to do it herself by disguising as an old hag and offer poisoned apple. - Snow White by Brothers Grimm

WICKED
Joker A - Three Little Piggies, there are three pigs who build homes for each of themselves, one by straw, one by wood, and one by brick. The wolf is after them, and managed to destroy the house made by straw and wood by his powerful windblown - Story by James Halliwell Phillips
Joker B - The Fox and the Cat, two animals who tricked Pinnochio into some mishaps and plan to killed the wood boy. - Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi

Jack of Spades - Dark Knight, he who roams the kingdom to do evil deeds.
Queen of Spades - Evil Godmother, a fairy who practiced evil dark magic.
King of Spades - Wicked King, a ruler who brings pain and suffering, fear and terror on his subjects. Fear always work, and eventually the subjects will surrender their control for their security.HAIL HYDRA

Jack of Hearts - Lusty Prince, a prince who is driven by lust, wanting to claim every beautiful women he can find.
Queen of Hearts - Evil Queen, the mother of Snow White. She lives in the castle alone with her magical mirror. "Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all?" she keeps asking the magic mirror, wanting to be the only beautiful woman in the kingdom. - Snow White by Brothers Grimm
King of Hearts - Pirate King, the pirate whose right hand is a hook, and lead a crew of pirates on the seas around Neverland. He is Captain Hook, and he hates Peter Pan, but fears of the Tickling Crocodile. - Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Jack of Clubs - The Imp, a creature who helps a woman to weave straws into gold in exchange for valuable stuffs. His name is revealed to be Rumpelstiltskin. - Rumpelstiltskin by Brothers Grimm
Queen of Clubs - Evil Fairy, an evil fairy who got jealous of not invited to christening ceremony, curse the infant princess that she will die when she pricked her finger on a spindle. - Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault
King of Clubs - The Wolf, the canine who preys on the Little Red Riding Hood for an easy meal. - Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault

Jack of Diamonds - The Orc, ugly creature that roams in the forest.
Queen of Diamonds - The Witch, a ugly hag who have a house made of candy to lure children in. She had been successful a few times, but not for Hansel and Gretel, the sibling who managed to kill her by fire. - Hansel and Gretel by Brothers Grimm
King of Diamonds - The Evil Giant, possibly the Giant who resides in the Sky Kingdom that stores a lot of treasures, until a few got stolen by Jack. - Jack and the Beanstalk

Extra King of Clubs - The Wolf, now the canine disguises as an old lady after devouring the granny. - Little Red Riding Hood by Charles Perrault
Extra Queen of Hearts - The Ugly Hag, the disguised wicked queen who wants to kill Snow White, and she finally succeeded with a poisoned apple. - Snow White by Brothers Grimm

I am really sorry if I kind of spamming this forum page, as I really a sucker for fairy tales! And this series really hits me!!!
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks for sharing, these were awesome to read!
laitostarr777

SURVEY IS COMING ON THEIR WAY TO ALL OF THE BACKERS!!!
Currently, it is the 5% smoke test (as usual), so for those who get it, quickly fill it up!

And, this is Gio's surprise: CHARMING TALES
b1c20f4c3084b33d4733a0b5b39d9d9d_original.jpg
b1c20f4c3084b33d4733a0b5b39d9d9d_original.jpg (175.51 KiB) Viewed 3700 times
This edition will have the cards of the Legendary Tales, only that the color scheme for the tuckbox will have metallic blue and gold! And it is on a lower print run AND only available through BackerKit (along with Wicked Tales). If you remember the situation with Odissea series, then you might know the purpose of this edition. YES! It is to anticipate with the overprinting of the cards. Last time Gio was unprepared, now he will expect for it!

Also, the BackerKit will offer the decks at ridiculously lower price, so for most of ya, use this chance to get more (if your wallet allows it). And, there are other decks also available for grabs as well, also with discounted price!