Post #2020 - The glorious NFL-thread

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Re: Post #2020 - The glorious NFL-thread

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Harvonsgard

So, we get a Brady vs. Mahomes SB LV. Not the one I would have preferred (Allen vs. Rodgers) but a promising one nonetheless.
Guess the time has come that I'm cheering for Brady for the first time in my life πŸ€” - who would have thought.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗π”₯𝔒 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬π”ͺπ”žπ”«π” π”’π”― by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Harvonsgard

I just witnessed a double move snatching a soul... 😳...
What a glorious game.

Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Chiefs vs Bengals, Rams vs Niners. This is going to be interesting. 2 no-surprises, 2 big surprises. Winners: The fans. What a wild ride 2022 has been for NFL.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

That Bills / KC game. Hoo-boy. Second time I've seen an amazing game like that. Second time my team didn't win. :(
This space intentionally left blank.
BaconWise
White Whale: Gold Arabesque
Decks Owned: 225

Unread post by BaconWise »

Every divisional and conference game has been amazing this season. Incredible to watch from the outside. I love close games and hope the SuperBowl is a good contest.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Web: www.curioplayingcards.com
Instagram: @curio_playingcards
Facebook: Curio Playing Cards
Harvonsgard

Lel... "watch from the outside". Bird gang dieded early this season indeed. When Arizona was 8-0, I knew it'll end horrible.
Some calls from the refs in the wild card round were as horrible as the end of the Cards this year but besides that, I agree, great play-offs.

I guess I slightly root more for the Rams, but wouldn't mind if the Bengals would be able to prove that you can win a SuperbπŸ¦‰ even if your O-line is basically a revolving door.

Edit: thinking about it twice, this could end in a massacre though. Most sacks in the SB era? Von Miller and Aaron Donald against that O-line? O_O

GandalfTheWhite
Decks Owned: 56

Unread post by GandalfTheWhite »

Kind want Matthew Stafford to win the SB. Good QB in the league for a while and with a decent team and coach he was able to get to SB. But won't mind Bengals too. Excited!!
Harvonsgard

Love the Bills Mafia, love the Bills franchise but I've told you they're going to blow. When they lost Von they lost their title chances. The Bills have no grit.

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:31 pm Love the Bills Mafia, love the Bills franchise but I've told you they're going to blow. When they lost Von they lost their title chances. The Bills have no grit.
Evidently true.

I haz sadz now.
This space intentionally left blank.
Harvonsgard

At least the Bills didn't stunk it up like them Cowboys, lol. I still don't understand why they're called America's team? Just because of the star as a logo?

Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

Harvonsgard wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:47 am At least the Bills didn't stunk it up like them Cowboys, lol. I still don't understand why they're called America's team? Just because of the star as a logo?
I don't like it, but they are called that mainly because of past success that created a large following for the team. If I recall correctly, they started being called that in the late 70's. They still remain the most valuable NFL team and depending on the metrics used, still the most popular one nationwide.
BaconWise

I am rooting for an Eagles/Bengals Superbowl.

That being said, the 49ers look like the most complete team and I can overlook the rivalry to give them the kudos they deserve. Signing McCaffrey was a great mid-season move.

For the AFC, I am split between Chiefs and Bengals - love them both.

My office is renting a theater screen to watch the big game for a client event, so it will be a blast.
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Harvonsgard

I don't wanna jinx it but my gut tells me the Bengals have the Chief's number.
NFC I'm kinda split with slight tendence towards 49ers.
For the story it would be the most fun if the 49ers win it all. Rookie Mr. Irrelevant getting a ring would be quite crazy.

Harvonsgard

Any last words pre conference finals? I'd say Bengals and 49ers advance to the SuperbπŸ¦‰. A Kelce vs. Kelce SuperbπŸ¦‰ would be fun though.

Eric Lee

Well, the results showed that there's a good reason why Eagles and Chiefs are in the SB. They were the most complete and consistently good throughout the season . Mahomes shows he can beat the Bengals with only 1 good leg! :lol:

Either way, SB will still be a good show with the 2 best teams remaining.
Harvonsgard

If Mahomes keeps up his pace, folks in ten years will ask who is Tom Brady πŸ˜‚. Dude's insane. Kelce, Reid and Mahomes are just an insane trio.
Worst part about the SuperbπŸ¦‰ is that I have to wait two weeks for it, haha.

BaconWise

Regardless of poor officiating, the Bengals/Chiefs game was a great matchup all the way to the end. Eagles sure came to play and certainly made easy work of a 49ers team that was gutted by injury, yet again, at the QB position.

Looking forward to a great SB and I'll be rooting for the Eagles if only because it's been a few more years since their last SB appearance. Good job to both teams!
"But why male models?"

Curio Playing Cards

Harvonsgard

The pass interference* call was a joke at best. Game was over after the punt return. You've seen how that took the souls out of Philly. Until that moment a good and suspence SB though. All hail to the Chiefs dynasty. If Mahomes stays healthy there is no way he doesn't become the best QB ever. For the sake of suspence let's hope that Burrow or Lawrence can become suitable contenders though.

Edit: *holding

Eric Lee

That was a great SB. Eagles only punted twice with Hurts putting on an MVP performance and they still lost. When you've got 2 great teams playing at a great level, it then comes down to coaching.

Andy Reid showed us who was the master here by outwitting a good Eagle defense in the 2nd half.
Harvonsgard

Definitely. Andy Reid cemented his legacy with that SB.

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I only saw a couple of plays, really. The 3rd TD of the game, which at about 50 yards seemed pretty sick to me. That, and the tying TD near the end. Otherwise, I was napping or doing other stuff lol.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
RΓ€pylΓ€tassu wrote:"TyhmyydestΓ€ sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
β™₯ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ β™ 
Harvonsgard

Let me start with: I like the Bills...
but I swear they'll never ever win a SB with Josh Allen, yet alone a play-off game against KC.
They are mentally too weak (just like the current Miami team)!
They're mentally weak to a point, where it sincerely digusts me - disgusts me to a point where I would throw up - if I would be mentally weak like they are.
I guess I got the point across - not like Tyler Bass, lol.
Just for the record, KC would've won, even if Tyler would have tied it.

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

I like the Bills. I also like the Toronto Maple Leafs. The curses are real.
20 playoffs for the Bills since 1965 ended with a Loss.
34 playoffs for the Leafs since 1967 ended with a Loss.