Bicycle Gorilla Deck - Silverback Edition

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Bicycle Gorilla Deck - Silverback Edition

Unread post by Bradius »

Yeah. I decided to bump my pledge too. I really want to see this in foil. Not sure I will back without foil. Still, all the add-ons for Chin's project are killing my budget.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

One week to go- so close!
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

Bradius,
Are you reading somewhere that these decks will be printed without the foil back cards if it doesn't reach the $15K goal? I thought it was an all or nothing type of campaign. I am in for a brick but certainly do not want a brick of regular back cards. Let me know if I am misinterpreting your comment. Thanks.
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It is not said in the campaign, but I recall someone mentioning that if he can't get funding, he will try again in a new campaign withwout foil so he can set a lower funding goal.
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

He has stated on facebook that he will not print any version of this deck if this does not fund. It is all or nothing on the metaluxe.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I upped my pledge. (Added a coin.)

Up yours!
This space intentionally left blank.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

rousselle wrote:I upped my pledge. (Added a coin.)

Up yours!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Less than $2k to go. I think it might make it. Keep upping those pledges. Silver foil decks. :D
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

MagikFingerz wrote:MetalLuxe? Yes, please!

As long as requests are being made (and heard), I wouldn't mind being able to add on the original Gorilla deck, since I didn't get that when it launched.
BackerKit's sent out and the option to add on the original blue back for $10 is there.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

vasta41 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:MetalLuxe? Yes, please!

As long as requests are being made (and heard), I wouldn't mind being able to add on the original Gorilla deck, since I didn't get that when it launched.
BackerKit's sent out and the option to add on the original blue back for $10 is there.
Already added :ugdance:
- Tom

Check out my collection

theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

MagikFingerz wrote:
rousselle wrote:I upped my pledge. (Added a coin.)

Up yours!
:lol: :lol:
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
drifter779

Unread post by drifter779 »

Hi all, pretty new to this hobby and been ‘lurking’ in this forum without posting anything yet.

Have a question to ask on this project. The creator now suddenly decided not to ship to my conuntry but he had no problem collecting my pledge when the project was successful. Any advice how I can resolve this as the creator is unresponsive to my message on Kickstarter. Does anyone encounter such issue before?

Worst case scenario, I will be happy to ship my two deck reward to someone here rather than having the creator cheat me out of it.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I was suppose to back these but I procrastinated. I'll catch them down the line. Do these really have silver metalluxe?
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Do these really have silver metalluxe?
Yes. 8-)
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

drifter779 wrote:Hi all, pretty new to this hobby and been ‘lurking’ in this forum without posting anything yet.

Have a question to ask on this project. The creator now suddenly decided not to ship to my conuntry but he had no problem collecting my pledge when the project was successful. Any advice how I can resolve this as the creator is unresponsive to my message on Kickstarter. Does anyone encounter such issue before?

Worst case scenario, I will be happy to ship my two deck reward to someone here rather than having the creator cheat me out of it.
Quoting this for visibility. We (the mods) were a bit slow to approve this as a first post (an anti-spam measure).
- Tom

Check out my collection

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

That is strange. I have always found Albino Dragon responsive to my inquries. I would suggest contacting him on his company website. That might speed up a response. Here is a link: https://albinodragon.com/contact-us/
drifter779

Bradius wrote:That is strange. I have always found Albino Dragon responsive to my inquries. I would suggest contacting him on his company website. That might speed up a response. Here is a link: https://albinodragon.com/contact-us/
Thanks, will try contacting him there.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

I've tried contacting Albino Dragon several times in the past and often haven't received a reply.
I think I contacted Eric via Facebook in the end one time.

If you can't resolve the issue let me know, I'll be able to help you out one way or another.
drifter779

misterharmanko wrote:I've tried contacting Albino Dragon several times in the past and often haven't received a reply.

If you can't resolve the issue let me know, I'll be able to help you out one way or another.
Thanks. Have drop him a note via the link. See if he respond over the next few days. If not I might as well donate the deck for the prize or give it to someone here.
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

drifter779 wrote:
misterharmanko wrote:I've tried contacting Albino Dragon several times in the past and often haven't received a reply.

Thanks. Have drop him a note via the link. See if he respond over the next few days. If not I might as well donate the deck for the prize or give it to someone here.
I have ordered a few of these for my online store so if they still won't ship to Singapore you can ask them to ship it to me along with my other decks & I will forward it on to you (as long as you don't mind covering the cost of shipping again) or ask for a refund and I will sell you one of mine at a reasonable price.
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

misterharmanko wrote:
drifter779 wrote:

I have ordered a few of these for my online store so if they still won't ship to Singapore you can ask them to ship it to me along with my other decks & I will forward it on to you (as long as you don't mind covering the cost of shipping again) or ask for a refund and I will sell you one of mine at a reasonable price.
The shipping will be expensive if its a double shipping especially when it £.

Hope you get a refund
drifter779

hawk199 wrote:
misterharmanko wrote:
drifter779 wrote:

The shipping will be expensive if its a double shipping especially when it £.

Hope you get a refund
Thanks for all the suggestions. Still waiting for a respond...
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

drifter779 wrote: The creator now suddenly decided not to ship to my conuntry but he had no problem collecting my pledge when the project was successful. Any advice how I can resolve this as the creator is unresponsive to my message on Kickstarter. Does anyone encounter such issue before?
I was in a similar situation recently but as a creator and not a backer. Due to certain regulatory changes to postal services in Sweden, SFC (who does fulfillment for me) told me that they have now got only one shipping channel for Sweden through which they can ship there. It was an expensive shipping channel, Europe friendly as well and took care of all VAT/tax through the sender itself (prepaid). What it meant for me was a blow up on the cost of shipping to Sweden which was approx. 2x+ costlier than the deck cost. One of the options for me was to inform the backers there that I can't send the package to them and will provide a refund or else ask them to share more on the shipping cost front.

I didn't do any of the above by the way, and shipped the rewards to them taking a huge hit and those backers don't even know that there was such an issue.

It is possible that Albino Dragon is also in a similar situation (it is my assumption based on your post) for your pledge but taking the other way of refund.
drifter779

guru wrote:
drifter779 wrote: The creator now suddenly decided not to ship to my conuntry but he had no problem collecting my pledge when the project was successful. Any advice how I can resolve this as the creator is unresponsive to my message on Kickstarter. Does anyone encounter such issue before?
I was in a similar situation recently but as a creator and not a backer. Due to certain regulatory changes to postal services in Sweden, SFC (who does fulfillment for me) told me that they have now got only one shipping channel for Sweden through which they can ship there. It was an expensive shipping channel, Europe friendly as well and took care of all VAT/tax through the sender itself (prepaid). What it meant for me was a blow up on the cost of shipping to Sweden which was approx. 2x+ costlier than the deck cost. One of the options for me was to inform the backers there that I can't send the package to them and will provide a refund or else ask them to share more on the shipping cost front.

I didn't do any of the above by the way, and shipped the rewards to them taking a huge hit and those backers don't even know that there was such an issue.

It is possible that Albino Dragon is also in a similar situation (it is my assumption based on your post) for your pledge but taking the other way of refund.
That would have been fine with me, even if it mean I top up to cover the shipping cost. After all, what I wanted is communication from the creator. It just left a sour taste in my mouth when the creator is not responsive and I don't see how I can resolve this issue on my own.
drifter779

Re: Bicycle Gorilla Deck - Silverback Edition (wap)

Finally got a respond from the creator. Will be sorting it out with him. Would like thank all for the your suggestions on my issue. Great community we have here.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Can't wait.
Attachments
Silverback Foil.jpg
Silverback Foil.jpg (129.4 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I just received an update that the decks are being shipped to Albino Dragon, and should be getting shipped out to backers as early as next week. Signed decks will take longer.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Can't believe I missed this one, I'll catch it soon. On the first version I hated the gorilla faces on the card which made them one-ways.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

According to the latest update, they've shipped to domestic US backers. International backers have to wait several weeks before they ship.

As much as I'm annoyed about it, it's par for the course really. At least in this instance Albino Dragon has bothered to ship internationally, so it's all relative really, but once again penalises those who participated in the KS.

However, if you look at the uncut photo, I'm not sure USPCC have done the detail of the back justice. Will be interesting to see in person (... one day :ugdance: )
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

Well I guess that for mine, Albino Dragon gets consigned to the ever burgeoning pile of “Do Not Back in Future” Kickstarter creators for their contempt of international backers.

The arrogance in this hobby from “Holier than Thou” creators is wearing very thin of late that’s for sure