The Hive Deck - New King's Wild Deck Now Available

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Re: The Hive Deck - New King's Wild Deck Now Available

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Well there you go http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com ... -card-deck 1000 decks are made. Do I think he will make another deck? probably so...

I'm bitching because I think he had $200 for a brick. That's $16.67 per deck. I guess he wanted to stay close to $18 per deck.
RussellSprouts
chach
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

The decks have been on sale at those prices for a week now Sprouts... Not sure what you're getting at.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: The Hive Deck - New King's Wild Deck Now Available (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Widdee wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:Maybe a good CL idea would be to limit limited decks until the last 3/6/12 hours of the campaign. At that point, open it up to whoever wants more of hasn't been pledged for.
Well, we can do a lot of things, suggest that they make them available unlimited to existing backers during the final 12 hours or even 24 hours, but we just can't force them to do so, it's up to the artist, designer or campaign manager if it's someone who has hired an artist or designer to realize his vision or create the decks from his direction.

I think it's a really good idea, but it's just not something we could insist that they do. Maybe think about strongly suggesting that they go that way, but we simply cannot 'enforce' such a thing, it would at most be our "informed suggestion" that they do so.

The problem I see with waiting until that last X number of hours is that I probably wouldn't pledge in the first place. Limiteds are one of the biggest attractions to me as a collector. If they're restricted to the KS or whoever crowdfunding membership or in total number printed then I know they will be worth the purchase. If I waited until the last few hours to pledge and missed out on a limited I might pick up a few standards from the campaign but my interest wouldn't be near as high.

Also, if a designer waits to release the limiteds to the final hours of a campaign he or she is going to be losing a lot of excitement and momemtum that could have been generated throughout the campaign.
Not sure if everyone understood what I meant. I was suggesting something like allowing everyone to add a max of say 2 limited decks per backer during the campaign. Then in the last XX hours, make a post stating how many limited decks are remaining and allow the backers to kind of race to get the remaining or allow one more to backers till they're gone.

I understand that it's not good for business to start forcing/demanding that creators start impleting these types of rules and I was suggesting such. It would be a way to allow more collector's a chance to get them without having to get them after the campaign at twice the price.

It could be a double edged sword though. It could bring in new pledges but could also run off those that are mainly interested in the profits from selling such decks.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Definitely sounds reasonable to me, chach. I agree - it could eliminate the problem of being 'stuck' with a number of the LE decks.

Back to "The Hive"...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Got my Hive decks in. Despite all the criticism on pricing, etc., I love the art and in person, just wow. Attention to detail is fantastic. The art is fresh and new. Use of colors is great.

I had two issues. One is with the cards themselves. I noted in previous EPCC decks the card stock was stiff and thin. I feel the EXACT same way about these. I dislike the stock immensely. I pulled out Grostesque and removed 2 cards (Grostesque has 56 vs Hive's 54) and stacked them side by the side. Grotesque is noticeably thicker than EPCC.

Two, the tuck box isn't cleanly aligned on one edge. Not put together super well. The printing, embossing, foil, etc. is great - a tab is just glued incorrectly.

Overall, love the cards. Not blown away by EPCC. Hoping the Mana cards don't turn out the same. Looking forward to more from Brendan.
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

The Grotesque deck is printed on Bee stock which is thicker than normal USPCC paper.
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
SpecialK

Lotrek wrote:The Grotesque deck is printed on Bee stock which is thicker than normal USPCC paper.
Does EPCC have a thicker stock to use, equivalent to Bee? Cards just feel so much better. Obviously, I am not a magician or cardist, so my priorities are different.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I got a deck, nothing special. Just another good one to add to the collection. Light has to reflect off of it to see the silver parts on it.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

I haven't been so burnt out yet. Didn't get the chance to pledge for Federal 52 or Independence. Hopefully these don't let me down when I get them.
Maddest Hammer
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Maddest Hammer »

Got my sets today. The card gods must have been smiling, as I received set #'s 16, 17 and 20. Pretty nice, but a flattened, unglued Bicycle Fed 52 tuck found it's way into my box. How cool is that?

Some on here talk a lot of smack about Jackson, but when was the last time a designer threw in a little extra like that?
will kidnap and torture your boss for a dollar...
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Maddest Hammer wrote:Got my sets today. The card gods must have been smiling, as I received set #'s 16, 17 and 20. Pretty nice, but a flattened, unglued Bicycle Fed 52 tuck found it's way into my box. How cool is that?
Me too. Got sets # 21 and 22 and a Fed 52 tuck, which I thought was cool. I'll have to frame it and my Zenith tuck up soon.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Maddest Hammer wrote:Some on here talk a lot of smack about Jackson, but when was the last time a designer threw in a little extra like that?
Actually, there have been many other designers that have throw in little extras for more good will. Having said that, it's certainly cool of Jack$on to do what he did with the extra tuck box. There have been a lot of smack lately for a reason, but its nice to see Jack$son at least making an effort to restore some of the dings to his reputation and try to win back some favor from his customers, so he should be commended for that.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Didn't give me anything. Guess he's rewarding the non complainers. :lol: :cry: :cry:
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Wow, I hope he's not really treating his customer un-equally or trying to "punish" some of us from UC. I get that he can do whatever he wants and reward whoever he wants, but if he's being selective like this, its just going to make him look childishly petty and small. I didn't buy any Hive decks, and I guess there's no real way to see if what happened to Eoghann was just a one-time oversight or not.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Eoghann wrote:Didn't give me anything. Guess he's rewarding the non complainers. :lol: :cry: :cry:
You meany, you! I am just getting #890 of 1000 even though I ordered in the first few minutes for "Gnostic Red". My "The Hive" decks do have a nice, low number. Oh, well...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Hey sinjin, order some Hives and see what you get. Probably a box of live bees and a refund voucher. :lol:

Seriously though, I want to think it's just on oversight or he just ran out of them. I don't mind. :)
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Eoghann wrote:Hey sinjin, order some Hives and see what you get. Probably a box of live bees and a refund voucher. :lol:

Seriously though, I want to think it's just on oversight or he just ran out of them. I don't mind. :)
LOL! If I'm lucky, that's all I get, I could think of a lot worse. Actually, maybe I won't get anything at all. One of the last things I bought from him was the Limited Independence deck set. According to his last KS update, he finished shipping out most of the orders and the only ones left are the larger unique orders. I've seen or read about a bunch of people who already got their limited deck sets, so I guess Jack$on may be taking his sweet time with mine and making sure its the last one shipped. I'll keep you all updated.

*Update* - I checked my email about 30 minutes after made this post and I saw I got a shipping notification for my decks. :)
chach

Unread post by chach »

sinjin7 wrote:
Eoghann wrote:Hey sinjin, order some Hives and see what you get. Probably a box of live bees and a refund voucher. :lol:

LOL! If I'm lucky, that's all I get, I could think of a lot worse. Actually, maybe I won't get anything at all. One of the last things I bought from him was the Limited Independence deck set. According to his last KS update, he finished shipping out most of the orders and the only ones left are the larger unique orders. I've seen or read about a bunch of people who already got their limited deck sets, so I guess Jack$on may be taking his sweet time with mine and making sure its the last one shipped. I'll keep you all updated.

*Update* - I checked my email about 30 minutes after made this post and I saw I got a shipping notification for my decks. :)

Got my independence shipping note yesterday, one line item was something like sgn - AoS, which I assume is signed ace of spades. Something j didn't order and don't remember as being a stretch goal or mentioned in Amy updates as a free gift. I'll report for sure when it comes in just what the mystery line item is.
decibelhz

Unread post by decibelhz »

I didn't get anything extra either but then again I only shelled out for a single set as that was all I was willing to spend on these.
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

SpecialK wrote:Got my Hive decks in. Despite all the criticism on pricing, etc., I love the art and in person, just wow. Attention to detail is fantastic. The art is fresh and new. Use of colors is great.

I had two issues. One is with the cards themselves. I noted in previous EPCC decks the card stock was stiff and thin. I feel the EXACT same way about these. I dislike the stock immensely. I pulled out Grostesque and removed 2 cards (Grostesque has 56 vs Hive's 54) and stacked them side by the side. Grotesque is noticeably thicker than EPCC.

Two, the tuck box isn't cleanly aligned on one edge. Not put together super well. The printing, embossing, foil, etc. is great - a tab is just glued incorrectly.

Overall, love the cards. Not blown away by EPCC. Hoping the Mana cards don't turn out the same. Looking forward to more from Brendan.
I actually feel the same way mostly. The artwork is great on these cards -- one of my favorites so far -- but the EPCC cardstock just isn't as good. I don't know the technical lingo, but it just doesn't feel "silky smooth" like USPCC decks I've gotten.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I believe that Mike R. would say that the technical term for that "silky smooth" feel that USPCC has is, "Like butter (tm)."
:lol:
This space intentionally left blank.
DragonSoul

Unread post by DragonSoul »

I didn't get anything extra but, I only order one set as well.

I haven't received a shipping notice for Independence. :(
SpecialK

rousselle wrote:I believe that Mike R. would say that the technical term for that "silky smooth" feel that USPCC has is, "Like butter (tm)."
:lol:
You forgot the © and the ® and a couple paragraphs :D
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

PrincessTrouble wrote:
Maddest Hammer wrote:Got my sets today. The card gods must have been smiling, as I received set #'s 16, 17 and 20. Pretty nice, but a flattened, unglued Bicycle Fed 52 tuck found it's way into my box. How cool is that?
Me too. Got sets # 21 and 22 and a Fed 52 tuck, which I thought was cool. I'll have to frame it and my Zenith tuck up soon.
Completely missed these comments the last few days. It'd be sweet to get a fed 52 uncut tuck. Gotta wait till October though.
nECr0MaNCeD
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

chach wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:

Got my independence shipping note yesterday, one line item was something like sgn - AoS, which I assume is signed ace of spades. Something j didn't order and don't remember as being a stretch goal or mentioned in Amy updates as a free gift. I'll report for sure when it comes in just what the mystery line item is.
I wondered about the "AoS" as well. I only got a standard set and they came in last week. The "AoS" is a sticker. Nice touch as I didn't pledge or pay for it.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
chach

Unread post by chach »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote: I wondered about the "AoS" as well. I only got a standard set and they came in last week. The "AoS" is a sticker. Nice touch as I didn't pledge or pay for it.

Yep, got my Indy decks in today, AoS sticker and a flattened Fed 52 tuck box in the package along with everything else.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

Ahh I see you guys have given me a new name. ;) I better make sure I don't let my mother see that. I wouldn't send any body bees... They would be so much trouble getting into the box. I know sinjin doesn't like me very much but don't forget, to Kevin and I (Kevin is who packs most of your packages) you guys are real people with actual names so we really can't tell who is who.

I finally caught a breath before ARMY kicks off thought I would let you guys know I'm not dead yet.
chach

Unread post by chach »

JacksonRobinson wrote:
I finally caught a breath before ARMY kicks off thought I would let you guys know I'm not dead yet.
Well, that's good to know.
snsdmonkey

Unread post by snsdmonkey »

JacksonRobinson wrote:

Ahh I see you guys have given me a new name. ;) I better make sure I don't let my mother see that. I wouldn't send any body bees... They would be so much trouble getting into the box. I know sinjin doesn't like me very much but don't forget, to Kevin and I (Kevin is who packs most of your packages) you guys are real people with actual names so we really can't tell who is who.

Good to see you still around JR!
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

Welcome back, Jackson! Unfortunately, The Hive was a bit out of my budget, but I'm super excited to pledge for Army! Best of luck!
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck