Chronos by Lotrek (Oath Playing Cards)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Magic Tapp
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 816

Re: Chronos by Lotrek (Oath Playing Cards)

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

theCapraAegagrus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 am I forgot that we're all supposed to blindly accept any "legend's" work. :roll: :roll:

Let the newbie have their opinion.
This is new - CA getting in to defend a newbie. :D

But seriously, it would be good for the newbie to understand who is the designer of the deck, understand how this forum functions and then come up with something more substantial than the deck needing improvement. Like what could be improved, etc.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

For those curious in the US, it's about $32, shipped and only 30 or so left in stock. If I didn't own the other editions I would probably pull the trigger. But since I have the other 2 I think I'll save my $32 for something else. Even though red is my favorite color, $32 for a color variant is pushing it.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Player: Yes

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

Thanks Paul, $32 is about right including delivery, but obviously that's assuming you pick up one deck only and nothing else - as delivery is a flat rate no matter what you buy.

Also nearly 200 have been bought of the 500 we are expecting next week, we'll be selling the other 500 at a later date (they've not been printed yet).
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Timmargh
White Whale: Cartes Indiennes green back

Unread post by Timmargh »

Magic Tapp wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 am
theCapraAegagrus wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 am I forgot that we're all supposed to blindly accept any "legend's" work. :roll: :roll:

But seriously, it would be good for the newbie to understand who is the designer of the deck, understand how this forum functions and then come up with something more substantial than the deck needing improvement. Like what could be improved, etc.
While I mostly agree with what you said I also agree with theCapraAegagrus; people are entitled to their opinion and it did seem to me that aznh was saying 3rd dominion was wrong simply because Lotrek is "legendary."
Harvonsgard
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Timmargh wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:47 am
Magic Tapp wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:58 am

While I mostly agree with what you said I also agree with theCapraAegagrus; people are entitled to their opinion and it did seem to me that aznh was saying 3rd dominion was wrong simply because Lotrek is "legendary."
I concur.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Magic Tapp
Decks Owned: 816

Unread post by Magic Tapp »

Thanks both. I was not suggesting otherwise but it would be good if the new member could elaborate on what it is that is causing his/her dislike of the tuck.
Harvonsgard

Strike the new and I'm 100% unisono with you :).
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Chronos Carmina is just a variety. I am fine with the deck, and it seems a reasonable price for the deck. I really like Lotrek decks and don't mind adding it for my own collection. Do I feel compelled to by anything that Lotrek makes? Nope. I don't have everything, and I am not willing to pay the price some of his decks I don't have command. For others, I get that this deck does have a material financial impact and given it is just a variety, it is not worth it to them.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
OVSUB
White Whale: Someone to love
Decks Owned: 51

Unread post by OVSUB »

Carmina seems underwhelming. I'm a newbie but honestly I think I'll only buy the really fancy or experimental Lotrek Decks tbh. I dunno I think I like Lotrek for his truly novelty decks. Not really into his more plain decks. Though I must say that they would make for great collecting compared to much of the fodder out there.
Life is fickle...
We live to die or rather we are dying to live.
Harvonsgard

From a design perspective I'm on your side. If funds were limitless I would still buy Carmina just because I'm curious about the stock used though. Less and Chronos are both not that great, compared to other Lotrék decks. But I would be proud if my worst decks are still better than 80% of the market.

Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

It would be hard to argue against not buying the Arabesque standard decks. A brick add on was $155 shipped, so say $13 shipped. I think that was a good deal on a great non-foil deck from a nonstandard manufacturer. No regrets on that purchase. Nor the silver decks at $25 each either (I got 8 of the silver decks).
Harvonsgard

Each to their own but for me there is never a reason to burn funds on them.
I would always go for the real deal instead of players editions. They only make sense for me if someone really digs the artwork and actually uses them for gameplay/cardistry/magic. This, or if someone just wants to support Lotrék.

Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Harvonsgard wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:17 pm or if someone just wants to support Lotrék.
+1
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

Bradius wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 pm It would be hard to argue against not buying the Arabesque standard decks. A brick add on was $155 shipped, so say $13 shipped. I think that was a good deal on a great non-foil deck from a nonstandard manufacturer. No regrets on that purchase. Nor the silver decks at $25 each either (I got 8 of the silver decks).
Say... you need a new profile pic, Brad?
97645418_10222845324784818_2913130339528343552_n.jpg
97645418_10222845324784818_2913130339528343552_n.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
a.k.a.
flamethrower-squirrels-us-1024x538.jpg
or
squirrel-i-got-this.jpg
squirrel-i-got-this.jpg (57.06 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Say... you need a new profile pic, Brad?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe. Not today though. However, it was enjoyable to see my fellow countrymen-in-arms doing the good work. Thanks for sharing.

I think the flamethrower squirrel has a Special Forces Squirrel Brigade tattoo on his chest.
supernova
White Whale: Standard Oath GoG

Unread post by supernova »

Managed to get a Chronos Carmina players deck, so here’s a quick review.

What I like - the tuck case. Red is a very striking colour, and even more so with gold foil, embossing and a great design. I like it better than the regular Chronos players (black version).

What I didn’t like as much - the cards within are effectively an “inferior” version of the regular Chronos players. I really like the regular Chronos players stock, which is pearlescent with different colours on both sides. However, Chronos Carmina players use the Silk and Arabesque players stock, which I think is too thick and stiff. The back is supposed to be gold and red inks, but they don’t seem metallic, and don’t really have any shine. The card faces are identical to Chronos players other than a pop of colour on the Aces of Spades.

Overall, I would say pick it up if you want to complete your collection or collect an amazing tuck case. Otherwise, would have given this a miss.