Portfolio52 2022 Deck - by Jack Brutus Penny! [P52 Nazo Nazo]

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
bdawg923
White Whale: bdawg x 923

Re: Portfolio52 2022 Deck - by Jack Brutus Penny!

Unread post by bdawg923 »

Bunch of new comments on that ks btw. One of them being Alex said he will reach out to blind tiger (npccd deck) buyers tomorrow individually about their purchase. I didn't see any news about limbo though.
This comment has been mod-approved since you are able to see it.
hsbc
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Portfolio52 2022 Deck - by Jack Brutus Penny!

Unread post by hsbc »

KS wrote:Hello Backers,

This is Alex with a long awaited update. First and foremost I want to give my deepest and sincerest apologies to all of you supporters for the complete lack of communication from my end. I recognize that many of you have felt frustrated and abandoned as you unrolled a finite string of patience into an endless void of absence. It was unprofessional and caused unnecessary strain and delay to the project. You, as backers, deserver transparency and clarity and I apologize for not delivering on that.

STATUS = ON

Every veteran backer and creator understands that communication is the life blood of a successful project. The process is inherently built on trust, maintained through communicative updates. By not providing these updates, especially over the long term, I broke the backer/creator relationship. I recognize that this erosion in communication has begun to look like every backer’s worst nightmare – an undelivered project.

I want to relieve everyone of this worry and assure you that the project has been moving, and both creator and artist are absolutely here to follow through to delivery of the product. My absence was due to unexpected and prolonged health issues across multiple members of my family. This caused a shift in my priorities that I did not handle in a professional manner. This is in no way an excuse for not providing communication along the way, but an explanation to show that the project was not intentionally abandoned. Please rest assured that we will ensure final delivery.

I also want to apologize to the artist JBP for any good will issues by association and make it clear that he has been completely diligent through the entire process. I take full responsibility for all delays to date. This period has been difficult for me, and while I am not proud of how I handled it, things in my personal life have settled down. I hope to now revive the excitement of supporting a project as amazing as this one. I want to work hard to regain your trust, starting with this progress update.

PROJECT

Non-card accessories such as stickers, handmade inserts, puzzle boxes, and carat cases are either at or will be on their way to Gambler's soon. The handmade items and puzzle boxes are set to migrate across the world from Japan to our US fulfillment center next week.

Cards and uncut sheets are with the printer EPCC. They have the artwork for all 4 decks and all 4 boxes as we wait for production. There have been some asking Jack about the Night Garden uncut. There will not be a night garden uncut available, just uncuts available through the campaign for Guest House, Tatami Room (foil face), and Onsen (foil back)

I am cautious giving hard estimations until all four decks are completed and printed. We will post an update once cards are on the floor. At that time, we will be able to better gauge a timeline for shipping and GW fulfillment. We will try to request some pictures from the factory at time of printing. It’s always fun to see the cards mid process.

ADDRESS FINALIZATION

We have yet to charge cards for Backerkit. Our intention is to charge cards Friday the 9th finally.

For anyone that has moved, you can update your address in the Backerkit survey. You can find instructions HERE on how to modify your address. If you need help finding your survey you can access it HERE.

For the remaining few that still have not completed their surveys you can complete it HERE.

Thank you again for your belief in this project. We’re excited to see it come to fruition, and it’s all thanks to your support.

Best Regards,

-Alex
I've also added the name to the thread title :ugthink:
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
laitostarr777
Magician: Yes
White Whale: 2019 NPCCD - KWP decks
Decks Owned: 200

Re: Portfolio52 2022 Deck - by Jack Brutus Penny! [P52 Nazo Nazo]

Unread post by laitostarr777 »

Oh things are going back!
A furry who has a sona of a magician ;3
My collection - https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/16212/collection
Instagram - @laitostarr777
Harvonsgard
White Whale: Your Mami
Decks Owned: 420

Unread post by Harvonsgard »

Glad to see Alex being back on track. Would be a blow for the industry not having Seasons around.
You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that’s being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.

avatar credit: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯 by Gands the Scholar @g_a_n_d_s_

rousselle wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pmI very much want this in my collection, but at long last... I have to stop the insanity.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + Prototypes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Since the update is for backers only, I'm only putting the necessities up.
Nazo Nazo Production Line.jpg
Nazo Nazo Production Line.jpg (21.07 KiB) Viewed 96576 times
Portfolio52 wrote:STAGE 3: PRODUCTION-IN PROGRESS
We’re a month into production and the cards are looking wonderful! Printing is well under way. We’re especially thrilled with how the cold foil has come out in the cloud detailing.
Finishing up box printing is our next step, followed by gilding, and finally, assembly and wrapping. The decks still have a ways to go on their journey through production, but based on the most recent updates from the factory, we’re forecasting completion by the end of August/early September.

UPCOMING STAGES:

STAGE 4: SHIPPING TO THE U. S.
After production is complete, the factory will ship the cards via air freight to Gambler’s Warehouse in the US. Rest assured we will not be waiting 3 months for a ship to reach dock. The goal is to fly past Stage 4 to the final stage as fast as possible! This is our shortest stage taking around 2 weeks.

STAGE 5: FULFILLMENT AND FINAL DELIVERY!
In Stage 5, the fulfillment center will take in the packages and set up to begin packaging orders for final delivery.

CONSISTENT COMMUNICATION:

I would like to also formally apologize for all delayed email responses since the last update. Horribly timed, a new software security protocol was put in place recently, which affected the POP email forwarding to the main inbox where I manage all KS project communications. Because of this there were a number of messages that did not make it to my attention. If you’ve tried to reach out to me since the last update and have not heard back, you will be getting a response sometime over the next day or two as I work through the back log of messages with this bug now addressed

Now that we’re deep into production I’ll be doing a mini-update for the project once every other Monday. The next update you can expect will be August 7th. I’m excited to share more news and photos with you as the cards continue through production!

All the best,

-Alex
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
GandalfPC
White Whale: Ambergris
Decks Owned: 1700

Unread post by GandalfPC »

I can give a quick description of the production pics though:

“Ooh aah”
Hunting Karl Gerich and Elaine Lewis

My collection and tradelist: http://gandalfpc.great-site.net
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

GandalfPC wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:39 pm I can give a quick description of the production pics though:

“Ooh aah”
If Jack Brutus Penny is the artist behind the deck, that is kinda a given. :D
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

Kickstarter wrote:We've got word that the cards are wrapping up at the factory. Gilding has been completed and boxes finished this past weekend. The factory is set to package the cards up for shipment later this week. Hip hip hooray!

This means that we are now entering Stage 4 where the cards will be transported to fulfillment.

As mentioned before, boat life is not for us. There is unfortunately no time for 3 months of oceanic sight-seeing. After offering our prettiest penny, the project is set to transport the entire factory shipment via international FedEx flight. These mice of the Nazo Nazo have places to be. It should take around 5 business days to arrive into the US.

To clarify the timeline into a bit more detail, it will take a few days to package and process a shipment this large and an additional week or two after the fulfillment center receives the cards to set up and start packaging full steam ahead with all the backer addresses. But overall it looks like GW will be receiving the cards soon so we can safely expect to enter Stage 5 later this month.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Adamthinks
Decks Owned: 500

Unread post by Adamthinks »

That's great news. I'm super excited to finally get these.
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

Can’t wait for mine. This has been a long time coming and I’m excited. Especially for my 1/1
hsbc

Unread post by hsbc »

KS wrote:We've entered Stage 5 where fulfillment will begin. Most of the packages of the initial shipment from the factory arrived late last week. We are expecting the few straggler packages that got detoured to show up early this week at the fulfillment center. ... Next update will be set for Sep 6.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
laitostarr777

Hey Backers,

Now that we're deeper into fulfillment I wanted to update the progress bar to show the fulfillment stage breakdown going forward for everyone.

On the fulfillment bar there are 2 mice representing the 2 different legs of shipments (domestic and international). Domestic will actually complete at the 4th stage while international will continue overseas from the domestic port. Past that timing for shipping to different countries differ wildly so was not put into the bar.

The fulfillment center has all the inventory and information and is just completing prep for mass packing. To my knowledge they will batch ship everything all at once meaning stage 3 will be a longer phase. As mentioned before, worth noting here is stage 2 where both international and domestic will get their labels printed and tracking sent to their email provided before the package is actually shipped out. So the lag time from you getting notification to when the package will actually start updating into the tracking systems will be at end of stage 3.

Next update set for Sep 25th. On that update I expect us to have skip jumped stage 2 deep into stage 3.

Best,

-Alex
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

16926592c79cbb413068732e03040da2_original.jpg
16926592c79cbb413068732e03040da2_original.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 96038 times
Hey Backers,

Good news! I received word directly from the fulfillment center earlier today on where we are and next steps.

So in our previous fulfillment bar I had made stage 1 prep a bit shorter than was needed for this specific project. I think a portion of this was from not calculating in the time for them to have to carefully manage the white glove solving and loading of the multi-step puzzle boxes. GW however has mentioned that they are set to start shipping in the middle of this week (Stage F:2) and then gave an estimated timeline of 4-5 business days for all orders to be shipped out of the warehouse once they start going. So basically our prep stage lengthened, but our actual fulfillment stage shrunk dramatically. This includes both domestic and international orders. Giving this estimate a bit of buffer, this timeline has us looking to have every order completed and shipped (Stage F:3) no later than the week of Oct 9th.

The next update is set for Monday October 16th.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

I just got tracking information for this project via FedEx email, with delivery estimated to be October 17th, which is coincidentally NPCCD. 🥳
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

My Nazo Nazo rewards arrived today. Quite nice. I just got the half brick set with the case and two night garden decks. Too timid to open them up, so I will wait for others to rip theirs out of the tucks and photograph them unwrapped. I just can't do it.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

Mine just got delivered also and I can't wait to dig into it later when I'm home. Spent a fortune on this campaign. You can find my dogs on the gilded Onsen deck, on the 4 of Spades. Jack was kind enough to take my suggestion of "two kids in a large trenchcoat" and incorporate both of my dogs into the artwork.

Did you happen to get the puzzle box in this shipment as well?

Unfortunately, it looks like Alex did not QA his own case, resulting in it being 6mm larger than an X6. I would not fault Sherman for this whatsoever as he would not have been aware.
As a result, the case may need additional acrylic spacers to try to line up the art appropriately. Here is an example of the final product in the case above, and the prototype decks in an X6 (not mine). Notice that the decks are moved to the left of the case to line up most of the art, leaving the bottom right mouse "out of frame."
370351803_284075104455744_4741884516229712914_n.jpg
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

What company delivered them? I was not aware of deliveries made on Sundays.
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

brownsl wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:56 pm What company delivered them? I was not aware of deliverys made on Sundays.
FedEx, in my case.
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Hello All!

I have only now been made aware of this situation, but have yet to receive the decks myself. I apologize for this error and once I receive my decks, I will see what can be done to remedy things. Again, my sincere apologies and I will do what I can to make things right.

Sherman
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
kevork

Unread post by kevork »

shermjack wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:09 pm Hello All!

I have only now been made aware of this situation, but have yet to receive the decks myself. I apologize for this error and once I receive my decks, I will see what can be done to remedy things. Again, my sincere apologies and I will do what I can to make things right.

Sherman
Not your fault! I imagine some inserts will do the trick :)

Here are some preliminary fans and photos while others wait to get their hands on these decks. It's unbelievable how much detail there is in Jack's work. I don't think anyone can compare to what he can pack into a deck of cards.
20231015_195245.jpg
20231015_195118.jpg
20231015_195612.jpg
My dogs forever immortalized:
20231015_195656.jpg
The munchkins in question:
20231015_200527.jpg
Image@playingcardophile
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

kevork wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:06 pm Not your fault! I imagine some inserts will do the trick :)
I am the producer of the case and thus take some responsibility. I will be contacting Alex and Jack to see how we can best resolve this issue, please be patient and give us a little time to better evaluate the situation and come back with a reasonable solution. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Sherman
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
laitostarr777

kevork wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Sherman

Here are some preliminary fans and photos while others wait to get their hands on these decks. It's unbelievable how much detail there is in Jack's work. I don't think anyone can compare to what he can pack into a deck of cards.

20231015_195245.jpg
20231015_195118.jpg
20231015_195612.jpg
20231015_195656.jpg
20231015_200527.jpg
I. AM. SO. CAN'T. F****ING. WAIT. FOR. THESE
also, awwwwwww sooo cute Chihuahuas
PaulF
White Whale: KWP Federal 52 Legacy
Decks Owned: 1900

Unread post by PaulF »

Sherman
You're the best! I always appreciate how you step up to take responsibility, but in no way is this your fault! Thanks again for everything you do!
Fenrir
White Whale: No 17 Crown
Decks Owned: 475

Unread post by Fenrir »

kevork wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Sherman

20231015_195245.jpg
20231015_195118.jpg
20231015_195612.jpg
20231015_195656.jpg
20231015_200527.jpg
Thanks for sharing the photos! Your dogs look great. That's an awesome card.

Can't wait to receive my own and see my cats in the deck.
Jykwei

Unread post by Jykwei »

Thank you Kevork for posting, I see my cat in one of them!
Class act with Sherman, as usual!
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Cool that you had your dogs drawn into the deck. Now I guess you will need to see if you can find that fabric for your dogs as well. You should be up to the task.
PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

Onsen Edition... Stunning
Attachments
20231016_222315.jpg
20231016_122300.jpg
20231016_122441.jpg
20231016_125602.jpg
20231016_130001.jpg
20231016_130314.jpg
20231016_130337.jpg
20231016_130736.jpg
PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

Onsen Cards
Attachments
20231016_132317.jpg
20231016_132333.jpg
20231016_132307.jpg
20231016_132006.jpg
20231016_131730.jpg
20231016_131109.jpg
steampunk52

Unread post by steampunk52 »

Did anyone receiving from GW get tracking first or did they just show up? I know tracking from GW can be hit or miss.
PaulF

Unread post by PaulF »

steampunk52 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:22 pm Did anyone receiving from GW get tracking first or did they just show up? I know tracking from GW can be hit or miss.
GW never sent out an email. I found out by looking at Backerkit where the tracking number was posted.