Clipped Wings - funded! on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Clipped Wings - funding on KS

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Funded 101% as of this morning!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Sweeeet!
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Emmanuel »

Thank you to all who haved backed the campaign!!! I can't wait to finally get the deck into your hands :D
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Just a quick heads up in case anybody wants the signed deck only which is currently all claimed. I plan to change my pledge to the uncut sheet which means a signed deck will be opened up. I'll post again when I make the change so somebody can grab it if they want. Likely in a few hours from now.

I was holding out hope for reprint of curator uncut as an addon, but since that seems unlikely I will just upgrade this one. Hopefully a print can still be done, but then I'll instead hang in another area. I have limited space for uncut sheets so trying to be selective.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

ecNate wrote:Just a quick heads up in case anybody wants the signed deck only which is currently all claimed. I plan to change my pledge to the uncut sheet which means a signed deck will be opened up. I'll post again when I make the change so somebody can grab it if they want. Likely in a few hours from now.

I was holding out hope for reprint of curator uncut as an addon, but since that seems unlikely I will just upgrade this one. Hopefully a print can still be done, but then I'll instead hang in another area. I have limited space for uncut sheets so trying to be selective.
I just changed my pledge so I would have thought a signed deck would have opened up. Maybe there is a delay, unless somebody was monitoring and already grabbed it.
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

There was a delay, the early bird spot is now open. Thank you, Nate!
wwpierce

Unread post by wwpierce »

I imagine this will make some very happy and some very upset..

After discussions with House of Playing Cards and the U.S. Playing Card Company, I’m thrilled to present a Stretch Goal: If funding reaches $36,000, the Curator uncut sheets will be reprinted!

Once unlocked, the Curator uncut sheets will be available as add-on items, priced the same as the Clipped Wings uncut sheets. Backerkit will be used to process all add-ons at the end of the campaign.

The Curator uncut sheet is a work of art, and the opportunity to bring them back is here. We can achieve this goal before the campaign ends, but I need your help. Please share this campaign and spread the word: http://kck.st/1shvHmy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you so much,

Emmanuel
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Beat me to it and yes, super pumped! Except now I have to make some tough choices in where to place other uncuts or unload a few others. Confidence is high that it will meet the goal. It MUST!

I think I should pre-pledge for the sheet now and if all the others that want the uncut do the same maybe that goal will be hit faster.

Also, I just noticed another signed deck at $9 opened up.
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Curator uncut sheet is the number one subject of all the questions I'm asked. I hope more people will be happy than upset, but if anyone is upset, please let me know.
wwpierce

I personally do not collect uncut sheets, but I really think this is an edgy path to take. You have collectors who cherish the curator uncuts and not they are being told that potentially hundreds more could flood the market. There is no V2…not distinguishing difference.. just more of them..

I guess this is all part of the playing card/uncut business. The “business of art”..which really does translate into the “art of business”. The business side is “hey there is huge demand for this…let’s make more”… the collector is saying “wow..I have one of 40..this is fantastic”..oh wait.. I have one of 240 now”.. etc..

My recommendation would have been to create super nice prints. Two-sided prints of “Curator” and offer those. Then the original uncuts are safe and people can enjoy the print.. just like art.. One masterpiece and the gift shop copies…
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

wwpierce wrote:I personally do not collect uncut sheets, but I really think this is an edgy path to take. You have collectors who cherish the curator uncuts and not they are being told that potentially hundreds more could flood the market. There is no V2…not distinguishing difference.. just more of them..
Valid point, I wonder if it would be possible to simply add 'Reprint' or '2014 reprint' in small font to one of the bottom 2 cards. I'm still super glad this is an option, but I suppose others may be disappointed that theirs is not as rare. I still don't think it's anything to get super worked up about though.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I am not sure I agree fully with that argument. As a collector yes it is nice to have rare items but I just started collecting uncuts recently not for money but to be able to enjoy the art of the card decks I buy but never open. I couldn't care less if there were 20 million uncut curator sheets. i just want to own one and display it. Like I always say being able to sell your collection is just a side bonus. I collect decks because I enjoy the hobby
Plus business wise would you rather make 20 people mad or 200 happy.. It is like you said a business for our great artists and creators. Plus it is easy to add just a simple difference to make these uncuts Version 2 and preserve the version 1
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

WWPierce,

Art prints of the Curator deck that look like an uncut sheet have been and are still available, but only 3 have sold over the last year and a half. Meanwhile, I'm asked about Curator uncut sheets every week.

My intentions are for the Curator uncut sheets to be available to those who want them. Simple as that.
wwpierce

OK..I will let this die...after this post.. :P

@ Pete..
Understood. Honestly, I was not even thinking about the monetary aspect. My thoughts are directed toward the collector. It is fun showing people a collection and saying “that is 1 of 45….in the whole world!!”..I think the reprint is great, it just needs something showing the distinction between the two.

Gotta bust your balls a bit on the “ I couldn’t care less if there were 20 million uncut curator sheets. I just want to own one and display it”. That is an awesome statement from someone who doesn't own 1 of 45 :D ..Make a small change or indication of V2 and it’s good to go. This keeps the V1 collectors/owners happy about their item (also happy in keeping its monetary value safe) and makes hundreds of new people happy.. :mrgreen:
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

badpete69 wrote:I am not sure I agree fully with that argument. As a collector yes it is nice to have rare items but I just started collecting uncuts recently not for money but to be able to enjoy the art of the card decks I buy but never open. I couldn't care less if there were 20 million uncut curator sheets. i just want to own one and display it. Like I always say being able to sell your collection is just a side bonus. I collect decks because I enjoy the hobby
Plus business wise would you rather make 20 people mad or 200 happy.. It is like you said a business for our great artists and creators. Plus it is easy to add just a simple difference to make these uncuts Version 2 and preserve the version 1
I second that! Make it a V2 with a different Add Card or Double Backer something has to be different so that you can identify the reprint.
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I gotta agree with Wayne here. As excited as I am about getting my stubby fingers on a curator uncut sheet, there should be a marked difference between the original run and these reprints. Something as small as a "2014 Version 2" statement on the ad card would be more than enough IMO to differentiate from the original run and the reprints.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

I am excited to hear the news that the curator uncut is going to print again. I have been looking for one for a year now, and it has been really hard to find one, they never go on ebay, and the people who do have them are not willing to part with them(I wouldn't either). I am thrilled to be able to have a Curator uncut sheet to add to my collection. I do agree with everyone that it should have something that says it it a second print, to make everyone happy, the collectors that have the originals and people including me that just want one to hang on my wall next to my other uncuts.
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

You'll be able to distinguish between the two. There's going to be text along the lines of "second edition" or "2014 edition" on either one of the ad/text cards. First things first though, let's reach the stretch goal!
wwpierce

I have been looking into my crystal ball…..I see….I see…my Clipped Wings Signed Deck..it has extra writing on it…

“To Wayne of UC, The Giant Pain in my Ass”
Emmanuel

I added another deck..my small contribution towards hitting the goal. :D

Thanks
Wayne
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

LOL Wayne. You're good in my book :D Thank you for the increase!
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

How are there still 34 signed deck/uncut at $40 left??? I was happy to see Clipped Wings, then so sad to learn I may never get Curator uncut, then happy with a 'long' stretch goal with Clipped, then sad just a few days ago as it seemed it would never reach that, now cautiously giddy at the possibility. Somebody buy a pallet load for resale or something, I need my Curator! I also can't take this roller coaster!!!

Not that I want to wait, but I'm hoping if the goal isn't reached that Emmanuel will include Curator as an addon with Sawdust or Delicious. Right Emmanuel, right, right? :D Wait, don't answer that (yet). This is everybody's ONLY chance to get Curator uncut. Buy, buy, buy!!! :ugdance:
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Nate, I think you'll be happy to know that the Curator uncut sheets have just been unlocked :)

Thank you so much to everyone who has made this campaign a success!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Awesome news, Emmanuel!

One question, if we're adding on the Curator sheet to the Clipped Wings uncut pledge level, do we need to pay double international shipping? Or does two uncuts fit into the same tube?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thanks Tom! Both uncut sheets will fit into 1 tube, so shipping only has to be paid once.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Emmanuel wrote:Nate, I think you'll be happy to know that the Curator uncut sheets have just been unlocked :)
Nope. Embarrassingly giddy is more like it! :ugdance: THANKS!!! You are now officially my favorite deck designer - unique design process, transformation decks, great involvement/communication, and give the people what they want. Hopefully by opening this up early will help you reach 36k anyhow, but it appears some people are swapping the clipped uncut for curator. I'll take BOTH, thank you very much!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Can't say how happy I was when I woke up and caught the email that the curator uncuts were unlocked. Thanks Emmanuel and congrats on another deck.

Now let us rest a week or two then get Sawdust in the KS process!
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thank you for the kind words! I'm thrilled to offer both uncut sheets :)
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Lotrek »

Congratulations Emmanuel! Your ideas are just amazing! :ugthink:
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

Hey Emmanuel, I missed your Kickstarter campaign, any way I can still get a deck? Thanks.
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
Emmanuel
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Thank you, Lotrek! Your work is amazing too!

Wahl0108, I'll send you a PM.