David Blaine Red "Blacklions"

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: David Blaine Red "Blacklions"

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

Every country has different custom rules & regulations. Also delivery time depends on each country's local postal service as well.
So there are variations of transit time due to these factors.
We have shipped out all Black Lions Red Orders yesterday and hopefully everyone should receive them soon.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

This doesnt answer my question ;)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

cosmicsecret wrote:
Gamblers Warehouse wrote: Any international shipment via USPS takes 14 business days atleast. Could take longer if stuck at customs etc.
Well i buy on a weekly basis from hottopic.com - they ALWAYS use USPS Priority as shipping method and with 1-2 day in customs
i have the goods here in germany after max. 7 days. Usually after 5 days.
They send from the east coast.
So i wonder what kind of postage you are speaking of that takes that long?
These are not sent Priority Mail, and from my years of experience, the worst countries for slow delivery (amongst those we commonly ship to) are Italy, Spain & Germany.

Italy is just slow, period. Spain & Germany are the worst as far as customs holding things up.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

@ Mike is right. They are not shipped priority international as its way too expensive. Since USPS has raised international prices alot and also i have heard that very soon USPS will end flat rate international shipments.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:@ Mike is right. They are not shipped priority international as its way too expensive. Since USPS has raised international prices alot and also i have heard that very soon USPS will end flat rate international shipments.
Flat Rate Priority Mail International went up about 32% for Small FR box. The rest went up a lot, but not as much. Flat Rate Priority Express International went away, PEI is now by weight only (used to be "Express Mail", 1 day in the states, and 3-5 business days overseas, but Flat Rate Express is still available in the US. In reality, the reason Flat Rate Express International went away was because they could never make them get there in time, mostly because of customs. It was also unbelievably expensive, as in $50+ for the Small FR Box that only holds 6 or 8 decks, depending on how you packed it.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

Got the shipping notice for my pair of decks on the 9th and they arrived today, the 12th. Of course, I'm in California which is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Texas. The last two DB shipments have been really fast. I really appreciated how GW ships in a hard cardboard box and bubble wrap. Really keeps the decks safe. Good job, GW!
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

@ flashcards: Welcome :)
flashcards

Unread post by flashcards »

Added to Portfolio 53 as "Black Lions Red Edition"
Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

So no reply from David Blaine people for over a week. Also messaged GW as I'm getting desperate. I know it's not directly their problem, or maybe it is. I don't know. All I know is I haven't got my decks. Have paid for them & the customs charge & They have been delivered.
I don't know what to do anymore. I'm guessing David Blaine & gamblers warehouse don't give a shit. Hence I'm being ignored.
Out of interest, anyone who had these delivered by ups (internationally not with is the US). We're these sent to you via a signed method? Did you have to sign for them?
octave
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by octave »

each time the parcels just arrived in my mailbox and also went through the customs without any further processing. I guess I was pretty lucky then
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mine ("reds") arrived last Thursday. To me that means people overseas should not expect to see theirs for at least ten days.

A little more about why they bounce through Kalamazoo: Gambler's Warehouse fulfillment center - just like Lake Michigan Mailers and anyone with any sense uses International Mail Service in that city to do freight consolidation and take advantage of their fractional shipping capabilities, one of only a few that I know of that USPS allows to pay for exact weight instead of rounded up to the next pound. They also group packages going to each country together and have the postal system in the "other side" ship them inside the destination country. The point is that both parts of that save you money.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

Wilko wrote:So no reply from David Blaine people for over a week. Also messaged GW as I'm getting desperate. I know it's not directly their problem, or maybe it is. I don't know. All I know is I haven't got my decks. Have paid for them & the customs charge & They have been delivered.
I don't know what to do anymore. I'm guessing David Blaine & gamblers warehouse don't give a shit. Hence I'm being ignored.
Out of interest, anyone who had these delivered by ups (internationally not with is the US). We're these sent to you via a signed method? Did you have to sign for them?
Usually they come with a tracking number. Depending on the postal service who delivers the package to your home, you might have to sign for it.
Here in germany the postman signs for the delivery if its being posted via First Class Mail (USPS).It gets a additional Trackingnumber for the german post website as well.
Priority Mail is different - stuff posted via priority gets delivered by DHL and then i have to sign personally for it.
Hope that helps!
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Looks like the price went to $12 a deck now
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

badpete69 wrote:Looks like the price went to $12 a deck now
Weird
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

He said up front that they were on sale until Valentines Day...
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
Yes but why 12 when
Black cost 10
Blue cost 8 (especially this)
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

hawk199 wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Yes but why 12 when
Black cost 10
No idea, but the reds are nice! Added this morning to my open deck rotation for playing card games (yep, I know - I am a heretic :lol: :roll:)
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

hawk199 wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
Yes but why 12 when
Black cost 10
Perhaps based on what quantity remains.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

The red black lions look real nice.
Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

Ignored by davidblaine after repeatedly emailing. They replied to my first email 2 weeks ago saying they would let me know when they had spoken to the fufilment company. Still nothing.
Ignored by gamblers warehouse. I sent a pm on here, only because I do t visit their website and saw they had an account on here. PM has been read but no reply.
I know I'm going on a bit but I am seriously pissed off. Admittedly it's not either of their faults but some sort of communication would be nice.
Of course I feel annoyed. I've shelled out over $210 in fees, shipping costs etc and have got nothing to show for it.
I've always supported David Blaines work and especially his cards. I will continue to do so as I really like the decks he puts out.
To top it all off though, I held off ordering the red black lions, mainly because I was waiting to see if anything could be done regarding my missing decks. And now the price of theses has doubled!! Typical.

Anyway, sorry for going on about this but please Gamblers Warehouse or whatever fufilment companies deal with decks in the future, if I'm paying $60 for postage of 2 bricks + import charges of over $30, at least ship them requiring a signature so that the delivery driver doesn't think it's acceptable to leave the package on the doorstep.
fshr

Unread post by fshr »

Wilko wrote:Ignored by davidblaine after repeatedly emailing. They replied to my first email 2 weeks ago saying they would let me know when they had spoken to the fufilment company. Still nothing.
Ignored by gamblers warehouse. I sent a pm on here, only because I do t visit their website and saw they had an account on here. PM has been read but no reply.
I know I'm going on a bit but I am seriously pissed off. Admittedly it's not either of their faults but some sort of communication would be nice.
Of course I feel annoyed. I've shelled out over $210 in fees, shipping costs etc and have got nothing to show for it.
I've always supported David Blaines work and especially his cards. I will continue to do so as I really like the decks he puts out.
To top it all off though, I held off ordering the red black lions, mainly because I was waiting to see if anything could be done regarding my missing decks. And now the price of theses has doubled!! Typical.

Anyway, sorry for going on about this but please Gamblers Warehouse or whatever fufilment companies deal with decks in the future, if I'm paying $60 for postage of 2 bricks + import charges of over $30, at least ship them requiring a signature so that the delivery driver doesn't think it's acceptable to leave the package on the doorstep.
I think you should accept the fact that you chose to have a package delivered to a location that is susceptible to items being stolen. There's no reason for you to be bothering DB/GW. It doesn't matter that both companies' customer service is some of the worst we've ever experienced (I mean it's so incredibly bad it's shameful). It's not their problem that your package was stolen and you shouldn't expect anything from them. Nothing. There's no guarantee that you will get your item after it's been delivered in good faith by the parcel service.
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

Wilko wrote:......
My ordered requires a signature but i think it is because of my post office (SingPost, Singapore Post)

GW > USPS > SingPost

@fshr at least DB/GW should have the decency to respond to his emails, if not he has every right to try to get contact with DB / GW about his order untill they gave a clear answer
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Guys please try to understand we are only a fulfillment partner and will respond to whatever is instructed by DB store representatives.
We cannot reship a package as its not our inventory.
The reason for shipping via UPS is that its faster and comes with accurate tracking (although expensive) as compared to USPS which is less reliable.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Anyone has the same problem as me?
My payment status said "Autorized", not the usual "Paid" I got.
And they haven't shipped mine yet.
I emailed them last week but no reply at all.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gamblers Warehouse wrote:Guys please try to understand we are only a fulfillment partner and will respond to whatever is instructed by DB store representatives.
Eddie, I know that you can't respond to inquiries about orders, but maybe you can light a fire under DB support to at least respond - so YOU don't catch hell?
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

phantom1412 wrote:Anyone has the same problem as me?
My payment status said "Autorized", not the usual "Paid" I got.
And they haven't shipped mine yet.
I emailed them last week but no reply at all.
I am assuming you are not from USA so welcome to the club, you have to wait for 1 month or so before the stock comes. (Read my previous post)

16 Feb still 'stuck' at michigan :D, which i assume is just not updating for some reason

This is my experience with blue edition:
January 15, 2016 01:14AM , ordered and paid via DB website

-2 week gap-

End of Jan, emailed db / gw about it, then suddenly.....next day or 2...

February 2, 2016 , 11:14 am, Shipment Accepted

- In between the usps tracking was not updating -

February 12, 2016 , 1:02 am, Processed Through Sort Facility , Singapore

February 15, 2016 , 2:37 pm, Delivered
I have no idea why ellusionist can do it within a few days (less than a week) can pack my stuff and ship it off into the skys and a couple more week before reaching my country, my local pass comes, i sign and collect done

Hell even i order one during christmas from ellusionist and it wasn't that long compare to my blue edition, something is definitely with the shipping system (DB ~ GW ~ USPS ~ After that its all usps) i have no idea what it is but there is
Ellusionist*
Order Date: February 10, 2016

Next day,February 11, 2016 , 4:55 pm, Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

- In between the usps tracking was updating -

Your item was delivered in SINGAPORE at 3:39 pm on February 19, 2016. SINGAPORE
even if u add a week or 2 it still faster than DB / GW and the shipping cost is the same and the same Priority Mail International Parcel
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

@ Mike: DB customer service is slow to respond as well.
we try to sort issues for customers to the extent we can ourselves....
farmisen

Unread post by farmisen »

Some more positive experience from Oakland, CA I think I should mention here:

I took 21 days to get my black lions last year, 12 days for the blue lions back in January and the red lions got to my door step this morning after only 8 days.

f.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Here is what I got from them today.
Unfortunately, we could not process the payment for this order as it was marked as a fraudulent order.

Do you mind placing a new order? We understand that the current price of the Black Lions Red Edition is higher than the sale price, so once you place the new order at the current price we will immediately refund you the difference, so you will end up paying the original price of $89.50.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
So, I made a new order already today.

So bored of waiting. But I'm not angry. At least they responded.
If anyone's order has the same status as mine, please email them or you might have to wait forever.
siegismyname

Unread post by siegismyname »

I ordered on the 12 of Feb but never got shipping confirmation. Emailed them last Thursday and they replied on Friday with shipping confirmation via UPS expedited to Singapore. Seems like my order got forgotten in the mountain of other orders. Some of you might want to try emailing them if you haven't gotten your shipping confirmation.