David Blaine Red "Blacklions"

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
BenMorrisRains

David Blaine Red "Blacklions"

Unread post by BenMorrisRains »

These drop on Saturday and are $6 through Valentines Day. Personally, I love these cards and if you actually use them, $6 is a good deal for a quality deck. I think the Red may end up being my favorite color way. The blues are great.
Attachments
blaine red lion.jpg
blaine red lion.jpg (105.97 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
BLUE SEAL PLAYING CARDS, Bikes, Tally's get on i! http://www.modernconjurer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gareth
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: David Blaine Red "Blacklions"

Unread post by Gareth »

BenMorrisRains wrote:These drop on Saturday and are $6 through Valentines Day. Personally, I love these cards and if you actually use them, $6 is a good deal for a quality deck. I think the Red may end up being my favorite color way. The blues are great.
Well, I suppose that's good. My blue ones shipped this week... might see them by the end of the month. IF I order some Red's maybe I'll see them in April :-).

You just know these were all printed at the same time, and are slowly being dribbled out to us. Multiple postage charges and all.
BenMorrisRains

Unread post by BenMorrisRains »

Yeah, he showed that in the video he posted a while back. It is kind of BS but I guess it is just business. I personally do not and will not ever understand the shipping problems. I get that it is a large volume, but a distribution center should be prepared and ready, which it doesn't seem any in the playing card industry ever are. Enjoy your blues whenever they manage to make it there!
BLUE SEAL PLAYING CARDS, Bikes, Tally's get on i! http://www.modernconjurer.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

BenMorrisRains wrote:Yeah, he showed that in the video he posted a while back. It is kind of BS but I guess it is just business. I personally do not and will not ever understand the shipping problems. I get that it is a large volume, but a distribution center should be prepared and ready, which it doesn't seem any in the playing card industry ever are. Enjoy your blues whenever they manage to make it there!
So that's why he ripped them lol I thought was just a card test XD

Mine was shipped on 31 Jan, reached and till stuck in accept shippment since 2nd Feb in Michigan and my local shop already got em and at the same price I paid for so not gonna order them because the shipment and support is fking horrible ~.~ (send like 4-8 emails no reply, until I made a new email a few days later)

Apparently international shipment take 2-3 week.....

Compare to other product I order online over the years these is the worst
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Interesting... Blaine is usually good for releasing at least one of his recolors in every series as "limited" and I thought this would be the one. Kinda makes me wonder two things- either he's done with that OR there's another color coming. A "limited" release.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Green foil looks good, and we haven't seen that yet...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: David Blaine Red "Blacklions" (wap)

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Is that a tease or a guess? Seems like Blaine every only releases 2-3 colours in each series and green has largely been unused by him.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

jerichoholic wrote:Is that a tease or a guess? Seems like Blaine every only releases 2-3 colours in each series and green has largely been unused by him.
Just a guess, green foil looks good. Recently tends to make one limited.
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

I checked the shop after midnight West Coast time and they are not available yet. Good hunting.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

flashcards wrote:I checked the shop after midnight West Coast time and they are not available yet. Good hunting.
Nope, still not. He posted another "tomorrow" on Instagram yesterday, now 20 hours ago. I suppose that they will pop loose soon, if not at midnight. Who knows? Last time it was 12:00:02AM (blue edition).
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

...aaaand they're up.....
Lydian

Unread post by Lydian »

They're up! Got mine!

http://i.imgur.com/Ppu6QUQ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

hikeeba wrote:...aaaand they're up.....
Yep, about an hour ago they went live. I grabbed a brick and ran. Well, paid for... Let's see how long GW takes to get them shipped. My blue edition arrived a couple of weeks ago.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Thought they might have put up the $4 Black Lions seconds at the same time.....
But the $6 price is good 'til the 14th so no rush. (And who wants seconds on Valentine's Day anyway....)
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

hikeeba wrote:Thought they might have put up the $4 Black Lions seconds at the same time.....
But the $6 price is good 'til the 14th so no rush. (And who wants seconds on Valentine's Day anyway....)
That would have been too generous of them to save us money on shipping, meanwhile saving Gamblers the hassle of having to do fulfillment 3 times and saving him 3 times the charges on fulfillment. Why does he do this?
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
Lydian

Unread post by Lydian »

Just managed to get the blue brick today. I'm going to guess the average turnaround for the reds to arrive at about a month now if I'm lucky. We'll see. All this shipping and fulfilment does seem odd though. I'm unsure about these 'seconds' on the blacks too. Whats that about?
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I went ahead and grabbed a black, a blue, and a red.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

:ugthink:
Lydian wrote:...
I'm unsure about these 'seconds' on the blacks too. Whats that about?
He's notoriously picky about what gets sold with him name, and equally frugal. Case in point, the "sepia" SS/Lions. In fact, there are none - he didn't like the way they turned out, but he didn't throw away the tucks that were already printed. They all have blue back decks inside.

The $4 "seconds" are coming, but he hasn't said when. Best guess, incomplete or slightly off-center foil or something like that otherwise you couldn't tell they were seconds.

I first saw prototype Black Lions a while ago, in what appears to be this tuck. Clearly neither blue nor red edition unless they are completely missing the foil, so maybe the first decks were the OG edition in white tucks that he decided didn't cut it? That would make them a distinct fourth variety.
tmp_15946-2016-02-06 21.15.301032210128.jpg
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

Has anyone been in touch with davidblaine through email? I've had a problem with my black lions blue edition which I've been trying to get resolved. Basically they were sent and delivered, however the UPS driver thought he could just leave the package on my front doorstep (which is 8 yards from a public footpath) unfortunately they have gone missing!! I've been in touch with ups as I thought this would be their responsibility however they are saying that it wasn't and that because it didn't require a signature it could be left at the drivers discresion. I even rang ups to pay a customs charge in advance and requested that they be held for me to collect from the depot!
Ultimately I haven't got my decks and would really like something sorted out. I'm not in any way blaming davidblaine or the fufilment centre but at the same time ups say they're contracted by the sender to deliver and are not liable to me! I'm stuck in the middle.
I have emailed Davidblaine and initially was in communication however in the last week I have sent some more mail but have had no reply.
Just wondered if anyone else had been in touch or whether they are just away from their emails.
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Wilko wrote:Has anyone been in touch with davidblaine through email? I've had a problem with my black lions blue edition which I've been trying to get resolved. Basically they were sent and delivered, however the UPS driver thought he could just leave the package on my front doorstep (which is 8 yards from a public footpath) unfortunately they have gone missing!! I've been in touch with ups as I thought this would be their responsibility however they are saying that it wasn't and that because it didn't require a signature it could be left at the drivers discresion. I even rang ups to pay a customs charge in advance and requested that they be held for me to collect from the depot!
Ultimately I haven't got my decks and would really like something sorted out. I'm not in any way blaming davidblaine or the fufilment centre but at the same time ups say they're contracted by the sender to deliver and are not liable to me! I'm stuck in the middle.
I have emailed Davidblaine and initially was in communication however in the last week I have sent some more mail but have had no reply.
Just wondered if anyone else had been in touch or whether they are just away from their emails.
I honestly think this is now between you and UPS... Need to ask for compensation from UPS, not sure what GW (fulfillment center) can do at this point until DB tells them to mail another package.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

Order 12 deck of blue edition on 16th jan, got on shipped 1st feb and is still stuck in Michingan since 2nd feb, email Dbstore not much responds, if no reply gonna msg GW and if there is no report from there...

So much for a First-Class Package International Service with Priority Mail International Parcel

Gonna make a claim with my bank or something, kinda of annoying
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

hawk199 wrote:Order 12 deck of blue edition on 16th jan, got on shipped 1st feb and is still stuck in Michingan since 2nd feb, email Dbstore not much responds, if no reply gonna msg GW and if there is no report from there...

So much for a First-Class Package International Service with Priority Mail International Parcel

Gonna make a claim with my bank or something, kinda of annoying
If you live outside the US, it's absurd to think that you would have decks mailed on the 1st, Priority Mail International or otherwise. The stated service time is 10 business days = two full weeks, or on the 15th. That doesn't include time taken by customs & taxation authorities. Assuming that they actually were delivered to the post office on the 1st, absolutely best case is 15th as I noted above, and I don't know from how you stated it if the 1st was "day 1" or the day the label was printed. Does the tracking show what day it was "accepted"? Add two weeks, and if you are in Spain, Italy or Germany, add two more for customs from my observations.

Sorry, reread it. The 15th or 16th it should "be there". Whether there is your mailbox or your customs officials is different for each country, but as I said, Spain, Germany and Italy seem to be the worst - except I left out Greece. They are at the end of the other three as far as customs goes.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

When other online store like bicycle, ellusionist or small one like a t-shirt company that i order from can get the shipment done within less than a 3-4 weeks, there is a major problem with the distrubition system that they use.....

This is the timeline:

January 15, 2016 Paid Fulfilled $89.50 - From davidblainestore website

Raised an email on the 2nd week, got acknowledge from dbstore
(8-9 working days pasted)

1/26/2016 12:00:00 AM via U.S. Postal Service - Email from gamblewarehouse
(4-5 working days pasted)

Shipment was accepted/picked up at 11:14 am on February 2, 2016 in KALAMAZO, MI 49009 and still is at the office
(6 working days pasted)

I doubt it will be 15th and would be amazed since the no news from usps since 2nd feb?(I guess) , i also know there are snow storms but it should have been over before late january

I am just pissed because dbstore isn't new it has been "around the park" already and still can't handle international shipment??
Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

4.of.Clubs wrote:
Wilko wrote:Has anyone been in touch with davidblaine through email? I've had a problem with my black lions blue edition which I've been trying to get resolved. Basically they were sent and delivered, however the UPS driver thought he could just leave the package on my front doorstep (which is 8 yards from a public footpath) unfortunately they have gone missing!! I've been in touch with ups as I thought this would be their responsibility however they are saying that it wasn't and that because it didn't require a signature it could be left at the drivers discresion. I even rang ups to pay a customs charge in advance and requested that they be held for me to collect from the depot!
I honestly think this is now between you and UPS... Need to ask for compensation from UPS, not sure what GW (fulfillment center) can do at this point until DB tells them to mail another package.
I wish it was but as I said, UPS has a contractual agreement with the SENDER not the receiver. This is what I was told anyway. Therefore it's not my place to claim. As far as they are concerned the package was delivered and the contract fulfilled. The issue here seems to be that because it wasn't posted requiring a signature, they were within their rights to leave the package at a convenient place.
I wish I could just claim from UPS as I see this as solely their issue, however I can also see what they are saying. If a signature was required they would of had to leave it with a person, allbeit possibly a neighbour. At least it would have some form of traceability. As it is, the traceability is that a delivery driver dropped my package at my front door and put a card through the door.
I'm really not asking for people's opinions with regards to the matter, just whether anyone has had any response from davidblaine in the last week or so as I seem to not be getting any response.
hawk199

Unread post by hawk199 »

Wilko wrote:I'm really not asking for people's opinions with regards to the matter, just whether anyone has had any response from davidblaine in the last week or so as I seem to not be getting any response.
Had to send 2 emails because 1st email had no responds for 3+ working days and the following week i resend the (2nd) email and got a reply the next day. So gotta try resend again

email sent was during (late january 2016)
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

When an item is on the way, and you know this through tracking, emailing the sender isn't really a practical thing to do. The sender can't do anything. The sender has done their part - it is now up to the delivery agent. If you have the tracking number, trying contacting the delivery agent - though if it is in customs all I can say is good luck.

Things can sit in customs for far longer than you would think. I had an order sit in customs heading out from the U.S. for over a week. Considering how some things may have been backed up by the weather, don't be surprised to see a few extra weeks for delivery. I had items which normally travel across country in 2-3 days take over a week and the distance was far less than cross-country.
52JokesandCounting

Unread post by 52JokesandCounting »

hawk199 wrote:When other online store like bicycle, ellusionist or small one like a t-shirt company that i order from can get the shipment done within less than a 3-4 weeks, there is a major problem with the distrubition system that they use.....

This is the timeline:

January 15, 2016 Paid Fulfilled $89.50 - From davidblainestore website

Raised an email on the 2nd week, got acknowledge from dbstore
(8-9 working days pasted)

1/26/2016 12:00:00 AM via U.S. Postal Service - Email from gamblewarehouse
(4-5 working days pasted)

Shipment was accepted/picked up at 11:14 am on February 2, 2016 in KALAMAZO, MI 49009 and still is at the office
(6 working days pasted)

I doubt it will be 15th and would be amazed since the no news from usps since 2nd feb?(I guess) , i also know there are snow storms but it should have been over before late january

I am just pissed because dbstore isn't new it has been "around the park" already and still can't handle international shipment??
I am pretty much in the same boat as you, the package was accepted on the February 2, 2016 KALAMAZO, MI 49009. Till now it hasn't change...

I e-mail DB customer service on the 4th Feb and this is their response

"Dear Hank,

I understand your disappointment, however our international orders take a bit more time. Nevertheless, I apologize for the delay in sending your decks to you.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
dborders@davidblaine.com"

very dissapointing for me..
Wilko

Unread post by Wilko »

At least you are getting a response!!
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

All international packages are shipped via UPS Ground to a consolidation in Michigan where they are sorted per country and moved forward to the destination country the next business day. Once it gets there the package stays for a few days at customs and as soon as its cleared it is received by the local post office which scans and tracking is updated.
Any international shipment via USPS takes 14 business days atleast. Could take longer if stuck at customs etc.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
cosmicsecret
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

Gamblers Warehouse wrote: Any international shipment via USPS takes 14 business days atleast. Could take longer if stuck at customs etc.
Well i buy on a weekly basis from hottopic.com - they ALWAYS use USPS Priority as shipping method and with 1-2 day in customs
i have the goods here in germany after max. 7 days. Usually after 5 days.
They send from the east coast.
So i wonder what kind of postage you are speaking of that takes that long?