Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - SHIPPING

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Talisman
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 166

Re: Mana - Platinum/Gold/"Sybil" - fulfillment underway now

Unread post by Talisman »

Well it was mighty convenient that the orders that went out were to guys that that could promote how beautiful his cards are "rubbing it in our faces" not intentionally doing it, but all the same and to the resellers. Just my two cents.
I'm not angry at those who did get them just saying we as "backers" all should have got our cards at the same time and not wishing we should have waited.
On a side note the last post on the Buskers campaign was really sad the way that was handled. He said his entire order should of had all the decks signed and was to include the Sybil decks also as a set. Gotta feel bad for the guy.
PrincessTrouble
Player: Yes

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

It doesn't bother me that Buskers has shipped first. What annoys the crap out of me is that a small batch of Sybil orders shipped and then there has been no progress for over a month (or none reported). I would actually feel better if nothing had been shipped yet and everyone was still waiting, so I don't have to see these at retailers/resellers. It was rather auspicious that the people that received their decks from the initial limited shipment are the ones who are able to promote/sell it. And I wouldn't be that pissed if he would just update us with a status in a timely manner.
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

PrincessTrouble wrote:... I would actually feel better if nothing had been shipped yet and everyone was still waiting, so I don't have to see these at retailers/resellers. It was rather auspicious that the people that received their decks from the initial limited shipment are the ones who are able to promote/sell it. And I wouldn't be that pissed if he would just update us with a status in a timely manner.
This. A hundred times this. Everything just looks really bad from the backer perspective
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
farmisen

Unread post by farmisen »

Talisman wrote: On a side note the last post on the Buskers campaign was really sad the way that was handled. He said his entire order should of had all the decks signed and was to include the Sybil decks also as a set. Gotta feel bad for the guy.
I am one of those who pledged $200 CAD for 8 signed decks plus collector boxes but only received 5 unsigned decks and no boxes. I have messaged him but have not yet heard from him. If I can understand that shit happens and that the sybil decks (and the boxes) are going to be delayed I have a hard time to understand why the decks were not signed since it's not like it is a time or money consuming process.
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

I think with all the problems he had with trying to get this stuff out, he just forgot about signing these decks. It's just turned out to be a total disaster. At this point what do we do? I for one pledged a few hundred on his double Sybil campaign as well as many others here I bet.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

farmisen wrote:
Talisman wrote: On a side note the last post on the Buskers campaign was really sad the way that was handled. He said his entire order should of had all the decks signed and was to include the Sybil decks also as a set. Gotta feel bad for the guy.
I am one of those who pledged $200 CAD for 8 signed decks plus collector boxes but only received 5 unsigned decks and no boxes. I have messaged him but have not yet heard from him. If I can understand that shit happens and that the sybil decks (and the boxes) are going to be delayed I have a hard time to understand why the decks were not signed since it's not like it is a time or money consuming process.
Signed decks will be worth something some day...Because it it will be signed decks from his last ever campaign. He'll have a tough time funding another one.
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

Talisman wrote:At this point what do we do?
That's the question!
I've talked with some friends over the US to try to find out if there is any legal way to sue the con-artist, but it seems that he is from Canada so in the US there isn't much to do.
So if anyone here from Canada that is or knows a laywer who can help us please step forward. I would very much like to get these decks, but as it seems impossible I want my money back (which seems impossible too).
We should act fast, while there's still time to get our money, otherwise will be left with nothing.
PrincessTrouble

sms69x wrote:
I would very much like to get these decks, but as it seems impossible I want my money back (which seems impossible too).
We should act fast, while there's still time to get our money, otherwise will be left with nothing.
I want my decks. If no one had gotten their decks, I would be happy with my money back. But since he sent out a batch to a few people, I want my decks too. As Paul would say, I just want my goddamn cards.
PrincessTrouble

At the bottom of the campaign page, there's an option to report the project to Kickstarter. I did with this option:

Post-funding Issues
The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear.

Maybe if more people report it too, Kickstarter can persuade Erik to update us.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

PrincessTrouble wrote:At the bottom of the campaign page, there's an option to report the project to Kickstarter. I did with this option:

Post-funding Issues
The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear.

Maybe if more people report it too, Kickstarter can persuade Erik to update us.
I have reported it as well .... seriously 1 year late lack of communication...hope we get our decks.
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

It's funny, you see the exact same symptoms on every late/badly run Kickstarter. The creator goes into hole and doesn't communicate. Every thread, every post in these campaigns is the same. Lack of communication, no update. You would think the creators see and know this - just talk to us. Yeah your backers may be angry or upset, but you'll get a lot more support if you just communicate! And it's not even a difficult thing most times!
Justin O.
White Whale: Jaqk Cellars V1
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by Justin O. »

sms69x wrote:
That's the question!
I've talked with some friends over the US to try to find out if there is any legal way to sue the con-artist, but it seems that he is from Canada so in the US there isn't much to do.
So if anyone here from Canada that is or knows a laywer who can help us please step forward. I would very much like to get these decks, but as it seems impossible I want my money back (which seems impossible too).
Digital crowdfunding sites are still too new a technology, legal support in these situations is threadbare at best. Only a handful of cases in the states that I know about have been adjudicated on, and less still found the guilty party liable. Kickstarter (Well.. all of them) have really solid legal liability policies to cover their own asses, which is completely understandable, unfortunately many of the project creators get covered by a number of those protections as well.
It's an imperfect system when it comes to taking care of backers in situations like this, but the more and more times this happens, and the more people that continue to seek legal council in these situations, the more support we will get legally.
But everyone needs to know that when they use crowdfunding websites they are always gambling on the creator. I thought Mana had a little more professionalism under his belt, I still hope he steps up, or at the very least just updates us soon.
Jackson completely revolutionized the way I waste money...
TGunitedcardists

Mike Ratledge wrote:Well, I hope it's not true that I have decks & uncuts so I would vocally defend Erik. The post campaign process has been a mess! He could have & should have done better.

I saw them already available on eBay when I got mine, and put a dozen pairs of Sybil Gold and Platinum matched presentation sets available at about half the previous price. Am I taking advantage of the fact that I know that you can't get them yet? Yes, I am. Do I feel bad doing so? No, I don't. Am I ticked if it makes me look bad? Of course I am, but I am not going to change things.
How did you get 12+ sets, when the top tier was:
$450 RS6 **COMPLETE SYBIL PACKAGE** (6) Gold + (6) Platinum + 12 Sybil Livida + ALL 3 Uncut Sheets. FREE SHIPPING!!
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

If you go to page one you can see the process whereby Mike and UC were of very great assistance in getting this once awesome, now sadly degraded but still significant project up and running.
Those 12 + sets were in recompense for time and effort, goodwill and positive input from UC, and they will benefit UC overall. They are not Mikes, as such, as he has shown, and you should not be so ungracious as to think so and your negative inference says more about you than you can appreciate..
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Bruno wrote:If you go to page one you can see the process whereby Mike and UC were of very great assistance in getting this once awesome, now sadly degraded but still significant project up and running.
Those 12 + sets were in recompense for time and effort, goodwill and positive input from UC, and they will benefit UC overall. They are not Mikes, as such, as he has shown, and you should not be so ungracious as to think so and your negative inference says more about you than you can appreciate..
You like to bash others for being "negative" towards Erik, but all you do is respond with your own negativity (for example, you didn't have to add the portion highlighted in red). In essence, you sink yourself down to the very same depths to which you cast others who you feel are defaming Erik in some imagined way. And sadly, it appears you are incapable of comprehending this in your tiresome, sycophantic defense of Erik.

You were already called out on Erik's Kickstarter comments section for making stuff up about Erik and his motives. You claimed Erik is using funds from Buskers to fund Sybil, but were not able to verify that as fact when asked to do so (probably because Erik never made this claim anywhere). Now you're claiming that Mike/UC got 12+ free sets from Erik in exchange for his assistance in Erik's campaign? I would definitely request that you provide evidence this is actually true.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Highlighting same.
I love the way you sail before the wind.
You may think you have me surrounded ol' son, but having been to Bastogne, you may have Nuts ! from me too.
Been to Dachau also, which relevancy has bearing, and you ain't, you're not relevant Sinjin, you're way below the horizon.
You are Pish and Tosh.
There is plenty wrong around here, Blind Man, but I'm happy to distract/divert your sensitivities.
Pish.
And Tosh.
And Nuts !
Tzzzzz.

Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Bruno wrote:(...) Been to Dachau also, which relevancy has bearing, and you ain't, you're not relevant Sinjin, you're way below the horizon.
You are Pish and Tosh. (...)
Well, I think that answers that credibility issue. :? :shock:
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Yeh, yeh ....
This being a playing card forum and all Gareth. (who whinges and mewls about Lotreks Input ffs.)
There are still relevancies that when ignored, bite you on the bum.
Some parade their ignorance on here daily.

CostlyAxis

Unread post by CostlyAxis »

As someone who loves deciphering things, I think it's safe to say that there is meant to be little meaning in anything Bruno has written (broken English is more comprehensible). Intentional or otherwise.

On the subject though: I just want to get the cards I pledged for. And that's the same for everyone who is waiting. The lack of communication, even to indicate no progress, is disheartening to say the least. And with the recent (a couple months old now) issues with fulfillment that cannot be explained other than a lack of funds it has rightfully made backers wary of Erik's reputation. Based on my prior communication with Erik (I had asked him some questions about the markings of his previous project) he seems like a nice enough person. I just wish he'd admit to what the real issue here has been.

I know that many would be against it, but I wouldn't be against paying a second time for shipping. That way I can at least say this is done and over with; never again.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

CostlyAxis wrote: On the subject though: I just want to get the cards I pledged for. And that's the same for everyone who is waiting. The lack of communication, even to indicate no progress, is disheartening to say the least. And with the recent (a couple months old now) issues with fulfillment that cannot be explained other than a lack of funds it has rightfully made backers wary of Erik's reputation. Based on my prior communication with Erik (I had asked him some questions about the markings of his previous project) he seems like a nice enough person. I just wish he'd admit to what the real issue here has been.

I know that many would be against it, but I wouldn't be against paying a second time for shipping. That way I can at least say this is done and over with; never again.
" .... issues with fulfillment that cannot be explained other than a lack of funds "

It's ok for you to say, then.

Thanks Gilles.

Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Anticipating an acre of self justification from ol' mate Sinjin.
Neither Ratledge nor me care to sweat defending ourselves anyway.
Carry on with threading that camel.

4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

CostlyAxis wrote:As someone who loves deciphering things, I think it's safe to say that there is meant to be little meaning in anything Bruno has written (broken English is more comprehensible). Intentional or otherwise.
Right on.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Casual Pixels wrote:So I thought I'd post what happened in this sorry tale.
Re: Kickstarter support woes
With only a few hours to go (so almost two weeks after I opened my ticked with the payment being marked as "being processed" the entire time), I got an email from KS saying they knew what the problem was and that their techs would take a look.

Shockingly, they didn't actually do anything and my pledge got marked as "cancelled".

I wrote and asked what had happened and what they were going to do about it.

A week passes (I know; who'd have figured with them being so amazingly responsive?) and today I got an apology-non-apology saying basically "yeah, well we didn't get to it in time, so it's too late to do anything".

Lotrek hasn't responded to any of my PMs across the various services (KS and UC) so I'm genuinely worried about not getting these cards.
You're normally more perceptive 4oC's.
This was Gilles a while back deciphering hisself into Lotreks graces.

sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Bruno wrote:Highlighting same.
I love the way you sail before the wind.
You may think you have me surrounded ol' son, but having been to Bastogne, you may have Nuts ! from me too.
Been to Dachau also, which relevancy has bearing, and you ain't, you're not relevant Sinjin, you're way below the horizon.
You are Pish and Tosh.
There is plenty wrong around here, Blind Man, but I'm happy to distract/divert your sensitivities.
Pish.
And Tosh.
And Nuts !
Tzzzzz
Bruno, I just had a simple request for you: Please provide the evidence to back up your assertion that Mike Ratledge received 12 free sets of Sybil decks from Erik Mana. Instead of answering, you resort to your wheelhouse of spouting nonsense and snide insults. Classy.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Ye-e-e-eh ....
Nah !
Calm and rational eh, mr nice guy .... ?
Tzzzzz.
You're incapable of the need for perception where Bruno's name occurs, master contrary.
You do not rate or warrant acknowledgement or engagement, your name is now Feraud, Sinjin Feraud.
You may talk, but your ignorance is plainly ingrained.
That is All.
What a Hoot.

TGunitedcardists

Bruno wrote:Ye-e-e-eh ....
Nah !
Calm and rational eh, mr nice guy .... ?
Tzzzzz.
You're incapable of the need for perception where Bruno's name occurs, master contrary.
You do not rate or warrant acknowledgement or engagement, your name is now Feraud, Sinjin Feraud.
You may talk, but your ignorance is plainly ingrained.
That is All.
What a Hoot.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

sinjin7 wrote: Bruno, I just had a simple request for you: Please provide the evidence to back up your assertion that Mike Ratledge received 12 free sets of Sybil decks from Erik Mana. Instead of answering, you resort to your wheelhouse of spouting nonsense and snide insults. Classy.
I think this is worthless! Because we are always making things up, and clearly this very erudite guy and above us all doesn't make anything up, he is the master of the truth (his own truth for that matter).

Clearly he already got his decks and probabilly something extra just to came here and throw some words without any sense to protect his good buddy Erik (Let me be very clear, in case Bruno miss this part, I'm may be making this part up)

So I think those of you that know Erik, and I recall from old post that are a few who know him, to try to put some sense in Erik's dumb head and make him came here or in KS explaining what the f*ck is going on. Here I would ask our good Administrator Mike to step in, since you were a frenetic promoter of this project and seemed to have a lot of inside information.
And I also ask those of you who know him to please try to keep track of his steps, don't want this con artist to get away with my money.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Purse-Seine ?
Doubles, Try's or Quads..... those gulls are well fed.
By-Catch from Trawling is a fact, Confuscious.

smx69 this thread is a real tragedy, you and the other defencibles are just blind siding yourselves.
your attitude is byzantine, but being who you are, expected.
Portuguese rationality, o dear.

TGunitedcardists

Bruno wrote:Purse-Seine ?
Doubles, Try's or Quads..... those gulls are well fed.
By-Catch from Trawling is a fact, Confuscious.

smx69 this thread is a real tragedy, you and the other defencibles are just blind siding yourselves.
your attitude is byzantine, but being who you are, expected.
Portuguese rationality, o dear,
Ban this guy already.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

Tzzzz.
You guys insult y'selves better than I could ever be bothered to.

dead end.
the story will not be told here, like this.
Night !
from Oz.