Select aka Primo playing cards from Edgy Brothers live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
daveEdgerly
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Primo playing cards from Edgy Brothers

Unread post by daveEdgerly »

@Shermjack, here is a variation with less red. @Jazzvox thanks for the silver suggestion instead of the gold. I actually tried a silver version initially, but didn't like it. However by revisiting it and warming up the silver it worked out very nicely. Kudos to you. :D
BlueQoH4.jpg
BlueQoH4.jpg (257.58 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
SBurk49
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Well I LOVE the courts the Edgy bros do, but the tuck and back design are lacking.

Same with that last project they posted. Royals? I think.

I just need more before I'm in.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Jonnypowpow
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by Jonnypowpow »

These are all a buncha beauties you fellas got goin on here. I'm in for two blue faces and all.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

I like the modified faces and hands with silver much better! :drool: Hope everyone else agrees :ugthink:

Thanks for listening Edgy Bros! Love the way you run your projects...keep up the great work! :ugdance:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

shermjack wrote:I like the modified faces and hands with silver much better! :drool: Hope everyone else agrees :ugthink:

Thanks for listening Edgy Bros! Love the way you run your projects...keep up the great work! :ugdance:
+1
This space intentionally left blank.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

edgybros wrote: the minimalist design on the tuck is a direct homage to the designs of the era. we wanted to keep that feel without getting too carried away with adding detail, despite the fact that we have become known for our sense of detail. in this case, we're trying to remain as true as possible to our original design concept. it's a fine line to walk - but dave is working on a variation of the tuck with a little extra detail to see how it goes down on this thread.

as always, we love the feedback. it only helps us make the best deck possible.
I can respect that you want to stay true to your original concept. My suggestion would be to keep the minimalistic design, but modernize it a bit with a matte black tuck box (that all-over red color is a bit intense) with the only color being the name of the deck, "Primo" in silver or gold foil as well as that medallion of the back design you have in red/gold foil and blue/silver foil for the respective versions. You can add your Edgy Brothers subtle detail by embossing the matte black tuck in the same pattern as the back design.
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by edgybros »

thanks again for the feedback, everyone. we're going to continue tweaking through the weekend as necessary. with card designs we've learned, as in everything, that we won't please everyone. but we still want to hear everyone's thoughts. as we're fond of saying, this is kickstarter, and it's all about the creator-backer communication.

we plan on launching this next week, probably tuesday. the challenge is making sure there's enough room for us in the marketplace so we don't have to just barely squeak by (like last time.) but our funding goal will be low. $7,000 for the red deck and $14,000 stretch goal for the blue. other decks can be added if the support is there. the decks will also be very affordably priced. we want this to be a playable and affordable deck with a cool design.
daveEdgerly
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

@sinjin7, I took your suggestion and ran with it. Here is what I came up with.
Tuck.gif
Tuck.gif (200.84 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
Tuck2.gif
Tuck2.gif (229.09 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
tuckspin.gif
tuckspin.gif (890.1 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
I think it turned out great, but after getting a quote from Tiffany at USPCC this tuck would double our initial funding goal of $7,000 to $14,000. It would also raise the deck price for backers from $12(includes domestic shipping) to $15(includes domestic shipping). The tuck will have red foil and embossing on their Intense Black Premium Vellum stock. We would unlock the Blue deck at $28k instead of 14k.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I really like the new version of your tuck box, but that is a significant increase in costs from USPCC. I guess the question is whether people will like to new tuck box enough to be willing to pay the extra amount. Personally, I definitely like it enough to pay the additional $3.00 per deck.
JazzVox

Unread post by JazzVox »

Holy crap that tuck is gorgeous! Could it be a stretch goal upgrade? Or a short run/limited option?
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

JazzVox wrote:Holy crap that tuck is gorgeous! Could it be a stretch goal upgrade? Or a short run/limited option?
if we did the black tuck as a stretch goal, we could only offer 500 of them as a limited edition tuck swap of the red deck and it would cost about $5k to pay for it. same goes for a similar version of the blue deck, once that gets unlocked. so, any way you slice it, we'd have to raise an extra $10k on top of both original decks in order to offer them as tuck swaps. it's certainly not impossible but the support has to be there. we have no way of knowing how these will be received, which is one reason why we come on here for feedback.
daveEdgerly
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I did a version without the foil and embossing on regular tuck stock. this version would keep our goal at 7k. It would allow us to unlock the blue version at 14k, and we could do the foil and embossing as stretch goals.
Ver2.gif
Ver2.gif (113.5 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
Version2.gif
Version2.gif (421.45 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
It would also keep our deck prices lower($12 includes domestic shipping).
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Looks good to me. Personally I'd rather have both decks than the upgraded tuck. Having it as a stretch goal makes sense.
JazzVox

Re: Primo playing cards from Edgy Brothers (wap)

Unread post by JazzVox »

Yup nice compromise. Not as sick but more fiscally possible with a similar look. What do you think are the most important factors that some campaigns are so crazy successful so quickly? Omnia funded crazy fast with a high goal. Diamonds doing nicely too. Hoping you have similar results.
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

JazzVox wrote:Yup nice compromise. Not as sick but more fiscally possible with a similar look. What do you think are the most important factors that some campaigns are so crazy successful so quickly? Omnia funded crazy fast with a high goal. Diamonds doing nicely too. Hoping you have similar results.
thanks, guys. we have no idea why some campaigns fund so quickly and others don't, except that more than anything else it boils down to design and how it connects with the backers out there. if a creator has their finger on the pulse, they'll fund quickly. if not, it's a slog. all of our campaigns have funded, but the non-dia de los muertos ones were tougher sledding. in this case, we think we have hit on something - a very playable, designed deck as opposed to something more beautifully illustrated but less broad in appeal. this deck is also going to be much more affordable, and the pledge tiers will reflect that. we've honestly done everything we can to make this as easy a sell as possible for backers without compromising what we think is a nice design.

we also have to thank everyone on united cardists. we think this site is an invaluable resource for card creators. sure, there's some friction now and again when sensitive issues are discussed, but that's what forums are for. and the feedback has been crucial in the design of this deck. you can literally see the deck change over the course of a few days, and all because of user feedback. this deck, if it's successful, will owe a debt to the folks at uc (though we're keeping the money :D ).
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

we also want to go ahead and announce our kickstarter launch this tuesday, january 12 at 10AM PST/1PM EST. that gives us a few days before any other big decks come out, and we've put in lots of early bird specials for the backers who pledge quickly.

again, thanks to everyone here at UC. you've been a big help in the design of this deck, and we hope to do ourselves - and your input - proud. seeya on tuesday!
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

:ucstar: :ucstar: Tuesday :ucstar: :ucstar:
:ucstar: :ucstar: January 12 :ucstar: :ucstar:
:ucstar: >>>> 10AM PST//1PM EST <<<< :ucstar:
:ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ugdance: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar: :ucstar:
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

As a backer of many KS projects, the ones that draw my interest these days are the very customized and very detailed designs. Cards that look close to standard don't seem to get as much attention.
JazzVox

Unread post by JazzVox »

Groovy groovy. Let us know if there is a campaign preview so we can plot. :). Are you sending out a heads up to previous campaign supporters? I'm an Edgy fan :). Hope the blue gets unlocked.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

For the back of the tuck, having the card back pattern might enhance the look instead of just the plain black back.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

JazzVox wrote:Groovy groovy. Let us know if there is a campaign preview so we can plot. :). Are you sending out a heads up to previous campaign supporters? I'm an Edgy fan :). Hope the blue gets unlocked.
we just sent out a heads up to all our previous campaign backers via kickstarter. we'll send a reminder on the day, and we hope to see you all there. thanks!
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

Live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... y-brothers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

I'm in.

Added the Kickup to the original post and to PT's post above.

I'm looking forward to these cards!
This space intentionally left blank.
alric

Unread post by alric »

I love the court cards and the tuck looks much better now. I really hope the embossed and foiled tuck gets unlocked, though. Edgy Bros. always put out solid decks with no issues with fulfillment, so I wish this campaign the best of luck!
JazzVox

Unread post by JazzVox »

I'm in of course. Is there a way to see what number of pledger you are on a campaign? I know I was one of the first but it would be cool to be first someday! haha.
<Edit> Figured it out and I *am* backer #1 for this project - woo hoo! Go Edgy, Go Edgy :-)
edgybros
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

after getting feedback from our backers and reaching out to legends playing card company, we decided to switch over and offer the decks as lpcc manufactured and with foil and embossing for the exact same funding goals, $7k and $14k. legends has very competitive pricing and doesn't seem to have the same registration issues with full bleed backs, so this seems like a no brainer if we want to offer a quality deck at an affordable price and without having to reach a special stretch goal to offer foil and embossing. here's hoping it gets the numbers moving again. we'd love to know what you guys think of this move.
PrimoLP5.jpg
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Great decision Edgy Bros! :ugdance: Looking forward to this deck even more! :drool:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I am a USPCC advocate but this deck looks too nice not to be embossed and foiled. Good decision.
daveEdgerly
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I'm glad you guys agree with the decision, however it hasn't made much of a dent in the numbers. This project has stalled bigtime. I feel that the design is solid, but either the concept or the full bleed back and tucks are keeping people from backing. I'd love some input.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

daveEdgerly wrote:I'm glad you guys agree with the decision, however it hasn't made much of a dent in the numbers. This project has stalled bigtime. I feel that the design is solid, but either the concept or the full bleed back and tucks are keeping people from backing. I'd love some input.
I also prefer borders in the sense that the back borders match the color of the front borders. I still pledged even though the border colors don't match because of the full bleed but I might be in a minority- I think people like the full-bleed. I'd be curious to see a mock up of what borders would look like?