The "Hey, look what I added to my collection!" thread

Anything and everything playing cards!
CostlyAxis

Re: The "Hey, look what I added to my collection!" thread

Unread post by CostlyAxis »

Got a nice surprise in the mail today (to offset my disappointment with the lack of another):
ImageImage

Butter smooth finish, and awesome aesthetics to go with it. Very happy with them.
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Here's my copy of the same Hermes deck, but with the blue back. I hope to get the other Hermes deck someday...

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u570/RSLancastr/Hermes_zpstpa5nowl.jpg
-Marcel Marceau
Jack Napier

Re: The "Hey, look what I added to my collection!" thread (w

Unread post by Jack Napier »

My latest
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

These arrived today
I don't think I realized I ordered a split brick of the Luxx , so if any one was thinking of picking these up but were turned off by the UK post charges I have a couple to spare.
Also the emerald Tallys are # 404 and 148 , If any one has #147,149, 403, or 405, I would be willing to trade one so that I could get consecutive numbers.
The Kete Moon and 52 J deck were just ones I was thinking of getting for a while and since JP had them when I was picking up the Luxx...
recent.jpg

I won't bore you with everything I have picked up in the 6 + months I have been gone. However I think you all can appreciate this.
Uusi1.jpg
Uusi2.jpg
Uusi3.jpg

As always this team does amazing work
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
Cbkimble
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

My family and I have been cleaning up my Aunt's house and we found a box of cards in an end table. Nothing really spectacular, just thought I'd share what was found. I'm not sure what year any of these were printed but i'm happy to add them to my collection.
Attachments
Her's a Bicycle 808. The AoS has T 1610 printed on it and it's in very good condition. Has all 52 and tuck, but no jokers or seal on tuck.
Her's a Bicycle 808. The AoS has T 1610 printed on it and it's in very good condition. Has all 52 and tuck, but no jokers or seal on tuck.
bicycle 808.png (642.36 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
Here's a deck called Gypsy Witch. It is in almost new condition. Complete deck with 2 instruction booklets. It was printed by the USPCC.
Here's a deck called Gypsy Witch. It is in almost new condition. Complete deck with 2 instruction booklets. It was printed by the USPCC.
gypsy witch.png (691.08 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
Here's a Maverick deck. It has 52 cards, no jokers, and no tuck. They are in fair conditon.
Here's a Maverick deck. It has 52 cards, no jokers, and no tuck. They are in fair conditon.
Maverick.png (656.75 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
Here's a Steamboat 999 deck. It is in really good condition and is a complete deck but there's no tuck.
Here's a Steamboat 999 deck. It is in really good condition and is a complete deck but there's no tuck.
steamboat 999.png (744.01 KiB) Viewed 6564 times
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Cbkimble wrote:My family and I have been cleaning up my Aunt's house and we found a box of cards in an end table. Nothing really spectacular, just thought I'd share what was found. I'm not sure what year any of these were printed but i'm happy to add them to my collection.

Nice haul. If the tuck has no UPC code it would be 1914, 1934 or 1954. If it has a UPC code it would be 1074, 1994 or 2014. Really jealous of that Gypsy Witch deck.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:My family and I have been cleaning up my Aunt's house and we found a box of cards in an end table. Nothing really spectacular, just thought I'd share what was found. I'm not sure what year any of these were printed but i'm happy to add them to my collection.

Nice haul. If the tuck has no UPC code it would be 1914, 1934 or 1954. If it has a UPC code it would be 1074, 1994 or 2014. Really jealous of that Gypsy Witch deck.
There's no UPC code on either tuck. The Gypsy Witch is pretty cool. Definitely didn't expect it to be in such amazing condition.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote:

If you are interested in a facsimile deck, US Game Systems has a near identical deck, but without the Official Rules card and paper inserts (they have their own). All else looks identical, other than I'm sure USPCC card quality. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0880790415

Good set of decks for a family member clean up though, those are some of the most fun finds!
Jazzman99

Unread post by Jazzman99 »

I'm sure there's nothing here to impress, but as a fledgling collector I've just made my first thrift store hunt and found these.

Though the cards are cheaply made and bridge sized, I kind of like the Greenlawn decks. One deck has green printing on the back, the other black. The green deck is still in cellophane, the black opened. Every card has a different image of an attraction or building in Columbus, Ohio. Not bad for 99 cents?
My small but growing collection: http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/811/images
Jazzman99

More thrift store finds . . . .

All right, the one in the bottom right didn't come from a thrift store. :D
My small but growing collection: http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/811/images
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Nice finds! The thrift stores I frequented dried up or closed down. So I'm left with ebaying for now until the outdoor flea markets come back in the summer.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Something got to its new home today :
Mysterious, hahaha
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

So this is what "cutting back on my deck purchases" looks like :lol:

Center: Although I'm too old and not nearly talented enough to be a real cardist, I took advantage of De'vo's $5 sale to pick up his Xtreme Beginnerz Vol. 1 and 2. I just checked out a few chapters but so far I am quite pleased with it.

Top row (L to R): Blue and Red Cardistry decks from De'vo, D&D's Sons of Liberty, Light Blue Crown Decks

Middle Row: A Perfectly Ordinary Deck of Cards (thanks to Jazzman99 for bringing these to my attention), T11 Green Monarchs

Bottom Row: Blue Crown/HOPC Lefty Deck, good old red Tallys
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

Does Sons of Liberty have repeating courts?
This space intentionally left blank.
sms69x
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

rousselle wrote:Does Sons of Liberty have repeating courts?
As far as I know they do not have repeating courts.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

flashcards wrote:I took advantage of De'vo's $5 sale to pick up his Xtreme Beginnerz Vol. 1 and 2. I just checked out a few chapters but so far I am quite pleased with it.
I picked that up last year during Black Friday or maybe some other sale they had when it was 5 bucks or less as well. It may be an effective teaching method with the close ups, but the music and production value and methods just make me cringe. :lol:

In other news, I received my Murphy Varnish Standard deck, more on that here http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 020#p96020
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Re: The

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

jsantafe wrote:Something got to its new home today :
Mysterious, hahaha
Looks similar to Jackson's but is it a side open deck?
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
flashcards

rousselle wrote:Does Sons of Liberty have repeating courts?
No, the courts do not repeat. Each one is a different figure from the Revolutionary War period and all are quite recognizable even though their identity is not listed on the card. Overall, it is a very nice deck and my wife, who is a huge RevWar geek, loves it.
ecNate wrote:I picked that up last year during Black Friday or maybe some other sale they had when it was 5 bucks or less as well. It may be an effective teaching method with the close ups, but the music and production value and methods just make me cringe.
Ha,ha. You are spot on, Nate. Since most of the time there is no verbal instruction, I just turn the sound down. The rest is pretty much what I was expecting from Mr. FromShadowRealm. I have picked up a couple of new basic moves already so, for me, it was well worth the price.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Bikefanatic wrote:
jsantafe wrote:Something got to its new home today :
Mysterious, hahaha
Looks similar to Jackson's but is it a side open deck?
Nah, not that mysterious. Only luxurious Emerald Tallys!
And a ton of app filters, really.
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

I have a few other pics to share, but I received these from my partner for my birthday;

Apparently there has been a whole secret conspiracy going on for months between UUSI and her.

(It may not quite reach the lofty heights of Sher's Gift - but was probably partially inspired by it - and I am a happy camper 8-) )

Edit: Fixed image.
Jazzman99

Came home from a Thanksgiving vacation during which I picked up a few cheap tourist decks to find that several orders I'd placed had come in. Here's the total haul . . .

Bikefanatic

A selling/collecting question. Does the number of a deck determine if you'll buy it or if you're selling it, will you make it a certain higher price?

Examples, if I have 69/1000, 110/1000, 25/75...... does certain numbers mean anything to you or you just buy whatever? If you understand my question.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Bikefanatic wrote:A selling/collecting question. Does the number of a deck determine if you'll buy it or if you're selling it, will you make it a certain higher price?

Examples, if I have 69/1000, 110/1000, 25/75...... does certain numbers mean anything to you or you just buy whatever? If you understand my question.
I'd definitely prefer lower or rounded numbers. eg 21/1000, 75/1000 or 100/1000 or even 700/1000 (compared with say 687/1000). But that might be just me - after all I spend most roadtrips checking out number plates :-)

When I sell any extra decks I'll always sell the less desirable (for me) numbers - after all this is selling off unneeded decks from my collection - just recouping money (or space) for the collection.
venomatic

Unread post by venomatic »

Eoghann wrote:Some goodies today. Sorry Nate. :lol:

The Gothique decks. Was really looking forward to these coz it would be the first custom MPC deck I'd have with the new finish. I have to say not bad. They still have quite a bit to go to roll with the big boys. But they're definitely improving. The main complaint is the cut. It's a straight cut that makes faros very difficult.

Next the Museum of Osteology cards. Printed by USPCC. If you're into skeletons you can't get any better than this! Every card is a different skeleton. The last two are reference cards telling you what's what.

And third Joker deck by Binth. Interesting courts specially the regal and the forest creatures ones.

I have an extra Binth deck and Gothique set if anyone's interested. I really should start buying just what I need. :oops:
Sorry to comment on an old post, but that Binth deck doesn't look too shabby! I want one :( IMO, you can't have a custom deck without custom courts. Anyhow, picked up a Museum of Osteology deck as well from the shop, but I really don't want to open it (hence the stock photo) :mrgreen:

flashcards

Omnia arrived yesterday:

This is the first KS project that I have gone "all in" on and I'm glad I did. The decks look gorgeous. I'm working up the nerve to open up Illumina. The coin is awesome. The extra card arrived a little bent but I put it in the middle of another deck and put that in a Porper clip for a while and it seems to have flattened out nicely. I'm very proud of this collection. Excellent work Giovanni.

Note: colors in the pic are not nearly as vibrant as they are in real life.
Thirdway Industries
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Thirdway Industries »

Cool, they arrived fast :)

Thank you for the kind words, I'm happy you're proud of Omnia :)
flashcards wrote:Omnia arrived yesterday:

This is the first KS project that I have gone "all in" on and I'm glad I did. The decks look gorgeous. I'm working up the nerve to open up Illumina. The coin is awesome. The extra card arrived a little bent but I put it in the middle of another deck and put that in a Porper clip for a while and it seems to have flattened out nicely. I'm very proud of this collection. Excellent work Giovanni.

Note: colors in the pic are not nearly as vibrant as they are in real life.
Thirdway Industries shop > https://www.thirdwayindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Can't wait for mine!

@venomatic: That's a pretty old post! :lol: I sold the extra Binth deck shortly after that post, sorry. You can still find it on their website by the looks of it, pretty cheap too:

https://binth.com/shop/home-office/joke ... card-deck/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack Napier

Re: The "Hey, look what I added to my collection!" thread (w

Unread post by Jack Napier »

It's Omnia Day!!!! These cards are everything i thought they would be. So glad this was my first brick purchase! Can't wait for the second edition and by the way, my one way/force deck is better than yours!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Found this little gem in GW's eBay. Nice little design with a spin on the classic Hearts game.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bikefanatic

There'll be plenty more after these.
Attachments
12-1-2015.jpg

-Lotrek