Spirit Playing Cards By Gamblers Warehouse

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Spirit Playing Cards By Gamblers Warehouse Now live on K

Unread post by badpete69 »

Bikefanatic wrote:I assume my tracking # is for Spirit decks but will the corrected Venexiana Dark decks also come from GWs fulfillment center too with a track #?
I was thinking the same as I still have not gotten my Dark Venex decks. Will find out today what decks are coming in as per tracking delivery is this afternoon
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

badpete69 wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:I assume my tracking # is for Spirit decks but will the corrected Venexiana Dark decks also come from GWs fulfillment center too with a track #?
I was thinking the same as I still have not gotten my Dark Venex decks. Will find out today what decks are coming in as per tracking delivery is this afternoon
Just received a Venexiana Dark update this morning. He said GW is sending those decks back to his fulfillment center to be mailed off.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
badpete69

Yes it was indeed the Spirit decks including the gilded but 1 of my add-on decks was missing.. Sent out a note to Gamblers. the Spirit decks are very nice
Bikefanatic

Last year I thought I bought a black coat. When I got it outside in the sunlight, it was actually a darker navy. I liked it anyway and kept it.

To me, the Bicycle Spirit deck looks actually navy especially when you have it out in sunlight. When I compare it to actual black decks, I see the difference.

I'm diggin' the red foil on the limited deck backs. Would've been sweeter if they had red gliding. :drool:
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:Yes it was indeed the Spirit decks including the gilded but 1 of my add-on decks was missing.. Sent out a note to Gamblers. the Spirit decks are very nice
Exact same thing here.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I finally got my Spirit decks today and I have to say I'm very impressed with what Gambler's accomplished. They succeeded in their goal of producing a premium deck with all the bells and whistles at a very reasonable price:

Fully custom Courts, back design, Jokers, AoS, pips and fonts? - Check
Metallic ink on the cards? - Check
Upgraded tuck box paper stock? - Check
Embossing & foiling on tuck? - Check
Printing on the interior of the tuck? - Check
Useable gaff cards? - Check
Printed by the USPCC? - Check
Multi-deck volume discount? - Check

All this for $9 or less per deck shipped ($6 EBs) when you see comparable decks sold at $15+. The Spirit deck puts into perspective what we're paying for with other decks that aren't even as blinged out as the Spirit. I especially love the feel of the rubbery, suede-like soft feel of the tucks with all that embossing and foiling.

I do have some minor quibbles, however. I just realized there is no One-Eyed Jack in the deck. I don't think the tuck box of the limited Spirit Black deck is up to par with the standard editions - minimal embossing and regular paper stock on the tucks. At $20 a pop, I would think the limited edition would outshine the standard editions as far as the tucks are concerned. I guess all the money went into the red foiling on the back of the cards, which looks awesome, by the way.

Overall, I feel the Spirit decks are among the best bang for your buck in the world of custom playing cards. They have everything you want to see in custom decks without burning a hole in your pocketbook, and for those who have to have a super limited, high cost version, you get that with the Spirit Black with foil on the back of the cards and a low 1100 deck print run with a serially numbered deck seal. A big thumbs up to Gamblers!
badpete69

Looks like many did not get their Red grid decks.. GW how about a quick update on the missing decks. Thanks in advance
badpete69

GW just posted a comment that the red grid decks will be shipped separately. Thanks for the update
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Gamblers Warehouse »

Yes we are shipping Grid 2.0 Red decks separately...
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

sinjin7 wrote:I finally got my Spirit decks today and I have to say I'm very impressed with what Gambler's accomplished. They succeeded in their goal of producing a premium deck with all the bells and whistles at a very reasonable price:

Fully custom Courts, back design, Jokers, AoS, pips and fonts? - Check
Metallic ink on the cards? - Check
Upgraded tuck box paper stock? - Check
Embossing & foiling on tuck? - Check
Printing on the interior of the tuck? - Check
Useable gaff cards? - Check
Printed by the USPCC? - Check
Multi-deck volume discount? - Check

All this for $9 or less per deck shipped ($6 EBs) when you see comparable decks sold at $15+. The Spirit deck puts into perspective what we're paying for with other decks that aren't even as blinged out as the Spirit. I especially love the feel of the rubbery, suede-like soft feel of the tucks with all that embossing and foiling.

I do have some minor quibbles, however. I just realized there is no One-Eyed Jack in the deck. I don't think the tuck box of the limited Spirit Black deck is up to par with the standard editions - minimal embossing and regular paper stock on the tucks. At $20 a pop, I would think the limited edition would outshine the standard editions as far as the tucks are concerned. I guess all the money went into the red foiling on the back of the cards, which looks awesome, by the way.

Overall, I feel the Spirit decks are among the best bang for your buck in the world of custom playing cards. They have everything you want to see in custom decks without burning a hole in your pocketbook, and for those who have to have a super limited, high cost version, you get that with the Spirit Black with foil on the back of the cards and a low 1100 deck print run with a serially numbered deck seal. A big thumbs up to Gamblers!
I agree 100%. Short of the "false advertisement" of the color of the blue deck (which to me isn't even that big of a deal) this was as perfect as a campaign can get. A shoe-in for best KS campaign of '15.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Thanks alot guys !!
We always wanted to launch a project that could offer diversity of products to exactly match a larger target audience.
This project has limited edition decks for collectors and standard deck with the same features for regular poker players & cardists.
Although it did involve a huge risk because of the mass production but the response from you all was fantastic.
This will be a benchmark for us and we will try to launch similar or better campaigns in future and pass on the advantages to all our backers...
Also apologizing on the other end for not replying to a few backer emails on time as the goal was to finish fulfillment of these decks asap with as few errors as possible.
If USPCC had produced the blue tucks in house the resultant could have been better but the response from the backers so far has been good.
Your feedback is always appreciated and valued by our staff.
http://www.playingcards.net Best Store for the Finest and Widest Selection of Playing Cards
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

While I totally understand how a few backers could feel mislead about the "blue" color of the Silver Spirit deck, I think the darker blue works better with the silver foil in providing increased contrast so that the generous amount of silver foiling pops that much more. Very happy to hear that the gamble paid off for you guys with the Spirit decks and will look forward to your future releases.
WillHart CthulhuWho1
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by WillHart CthulhuWho1 »

Just My Two Cents on the Spirit Decks from Another Discussion:
ecNate wrote:
WillHart CthulhuWho1 wrote:(ps The Silver and Blue Spirit decks, ARE Silver and (Dark) Blue, and NOT Black as posted on the Playing Card Database [portfolio52])
You mean how they show up as clearly blue in your photo? :? Sorry, they are far closer to black than blue. I could maybe buy the argument that they are very dark navy blue with cellophane removed and in pure sunlight, but they are NOTHING like what they were planned to be. http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... 024#p90024
You are correct. They are closer to Black than the Light Blue shown on Kickstarter.

And it should make you laugh, that when I first took them out of the shipping box they came in, I had forgotten how Light Blue they had been on Kickstarter, so I said to my wife, "Hey Honey, come and see the White & Gold and Black & Silver Spirit decks that just arrived!" And then when I went to their Kickstarter page and saw the Light Blue color, I looked at the decks again under better lighting conditions, and realized they were indeed Dark Blue decks.

Having been working on my own decks for quite some time, and having had to change many of my colors to CMYK compatible colors instead of on-screen RGB colors, I just let this go as the difference between what you see on-screen, versus what you get in printing; and I still think that they look fantastic!

The decks do break one rule for me though that can spoil many card tricks... And that is having a back border that is a different color than the face borders; which makes it very hard to hide turned-over cards.
Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Most of my collection:
http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/277/images
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

RSLancastr wrote:I think that the named color should reflect the card back rather than the tuck.

Regardless f that, what does the USPCC Call the color, in adverts/catalogs? I would think that THAT, whatever it is, is how it should be referred to both here and in the database.
Moved from look what I added thread...

I agree the actual title in P52 should be whatever the deck creator said it is called. However, our P52 guidelines leave room at the end of a title for clarifications and alternate names to be listed in parenthesis - http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=5627
* CLARIFICATIONS: ONLY if it is critical for differentiation or in searches, place within parenthesis "()" any other common clarification or alternate names not listed on the deck or by the producer. For example, Pandamonium also goes by Panda or to designate 'misprint', 'Limited Edition' (if not part of the deck title - for example if implied only by special color or seal) or any other common difference.
This is why when I initially added the deck I named it in P52 (http://www.portfolio52.com/node/55014) as 'Spirit Blue/Silver [Bicycle] (Black)' because myself and many others may actually consider it black and in searches or scanning be looking for the word 'black', thus it will become an alias for the deck. That was since removed by somebody, but they did keep it in the description so I think that's still OK.

Also, I'm quite annoyed by GW's response "It's Navy Blue" on Kickstarter page as if this was their intended result all along. Mistakes where made, either in the initial plan and project mockups, design (CMYK vs RGB), reviews of prototype, final print by mysterious 3rd party etc. A more proper response would have been "unfortunately the final print didn't come out as we had hoped, further complicated by USPCC use of 3rd party for tuck, etc, but we hope most backers will appreciate this more and will do what we can to make future final printed tucks and decks be closer to the original vision'.

The color difference isn't a huge deal and I'll be selling them anyhow now, but it's the attitude that bothers me more and has a bigger impact on future decisions to back GW decks than the mistake itself.
Gamblers Warehouse
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We did mention earlier that there is difference in color & also mentioned the reason behind it. Stating that USPCC is using third party to print tucks therefore the color of cards is perfect but tucks is more darker. If they were printed in same location the difference would not have been significant.
Bikefanatic

The Bicycle deck just can't catch a break. Finally opened my gilded deck, at first I thought all the pips were the same color but the pips are navy and black if you look closely. I will say the navy card backs match with the dark navy tuck color to me. The white deck is just absolutely great.

-Lotrek

cosmicsecret
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

I did not recieved a tracking number or shipping info - maybe cuz iam a int. backer? Any help?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:Looks like many did not get their Red grid decks.. GW how about a quick update on the missing decks. Thanks in advance
FYI got my Red Grid today. Thanks for the quick fix, GW!!
sms69x
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by sms69x »

cosmicsecret wrote:I did not recieved a tracking number or shipping info - maybe cuz iam a int. backer? Any help?
I sent them a KS message and got my tracking number for my gilded decks. Maybe you should try to do the same.
SpecialK

Unread post by SpecialK »

Got my black editions and gilded in. Man, the foil on the back of black cards looks fantastic. Well done guys!